MusicMagpie Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend MusicMagpie

Tell us how MusicMagpie made you happy

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Easy
returns process
"Received my phone, advertised as good condition, so expected some scratches. Plugged in to charge up, nothing, left it overnight, nothing. Call their customer service, they apologised offered me a refund and to send it back. Today I received an email telling. Me that. I had cracked the screen and therefore they would not refund me. Unbelievable customer service, there was no crack on the screen, I hadn’t dropped it as they accused me of doing, so no working phone and no money back. Never again, will go to Trading standards."
"Music Magpie damaged my item and claimed they received it like that! I sent Music Magpie my excellent 2012 iMac for which I was offered £300.00. When they received it, they said there was some dust in the screen and offered a measly £60.00. This is a fully working fast 8GB RAM 1TB iMac. I naturally declined this offer, but when I received my Mac back, it had been damaged. The frame had a dent in it and there were scratches on the screen. The company did not mention any damage apart from the dust in their initial report, and have said that they received the item like that. If they received it like that, why did they not mention it in their report? The company hasn't answered my email for an explanation, nor have they compensated me for the damaged they caused."
Hi Hitesh,

So this can be looked into further, please could you provide your order ID?

Kind Regards,
mM CS
"I was offered £93 for my iPhone 6 64GB by MusicMagpie, which was well above any other offer I received. I sent them this phone which was in perfect working order and condition, due to always being looked after and protected by a glass screen protector and case at all times. However, after sending the phone, I received a revised offer of £28 due to the phone casing being damaged, so I requested it be sent back to me as I knew it was in perfect condition and I would receive much more from other companies. So, as you can imagine, I was completely shocked and disgusted to receive the phone back broken. The casing was bent and the battery completely flat with marks covering the entire screen. I then charged the phone and when I turned it on, the true extent of the damage was clear, all the pixels on the screen were different colours from how they were supposed to appear and there were horizontal and vertical black pixel lines extending from where the casing was bent. The phone was in perfect condition when I sent it, and it could not have been damaged during postage as I put it in the original box and then wrapped it in several layers of bubble wrap. This is my first ever bad review, as I don’t like slating or slandering companies, but the service I’ve received is so awful, I have to take a stand. Obviously, the first thing I done was email customer service hoping they could resolve it. But, two weeks later and a string of emails back and forth, the company will accept no responsibility and keep belittling me. Throughout the thread of emails, they keep stating that the phone was in fact faulty and refer me to a photograph taken of the phone during their inspection which proves that the casing was ‘bent’. However, this is the worst quality photograph I have ever seen, blurry and taken from a ridiculous angle which doesn’t even look like a phone. They have then asked for photographs taken from the ‘exact same angle’ as the inspection photograph, taken ‘before’ I sent the phone, as if that is even possible. Hence, this is my last resort, writing a realistic review of this shambolic company so that other people don’t get caught in the same way. It appears this company obviously over bids on your phone so that you send it to them and not to another company. Then reduce the price offered to you drastically, saying that the item is damaged, hoping that you will just give in and accept the offer. Then, if you do request the phone back, I assume they actually damage the phone and return it to you so you can’t send it to another company. So please, if you read this review, do not send your phone to this company!"
Hello,

We're sorry to learn that your experience was not positive. You appear to have an open complaint regarding this issue and they will looking into this issue further for you. We can only apologise for the inconvenience you have received so far.

Kind regards
mM CS
"Offed 19 pounds for a phone and i got 130 in the high street! Toataly contradicts the missleading tv ad!"
"I am fast losing patience with this company. I received an iPhone 6s which would not charge. I was sent a returns label and sent back the next day. It has been two weeks and having spoken to numerous customer services personnel and sent emails, I get the same response: 'we are waiting for an update'. This was a gift for my daughter who is going through a difficult time and this has added to her upset. I have proved my return of the item. I have asked for a replacement or a refund and had no offer of either. You still have my money! And the goods! I asked to speak to the manager and was told customer services managers do not speak to the public! I asked for the manager's surname and was told it was not permitted. Do you understand the meaning of customer service? I've waited two weeks and you promise a two week guarantee. I need a refund if I am to be able to purchase another phone. I need this sorted."
Hello,

We are sorry to learnt that your experience was not positive and that you were not given the opportunity to speak to a manager. It is not the case that the managers do not speak to the public, but in this situation they would advise you the same information as a customer service agent would.

We're very sorry for the delays in processing your return, we can assure you that it is a rare occurrence for a return to take this long to be processed. We are unable to find you a suitable replacement and therefore you have been issued a full refund for your device.

Once again we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

mM CS
"Not a customer focussed company. Money grabbing company. By mistake, I clicked on a 16GB model of my iphone 6, but realised this before I sent the phone. The 64GB model I had displayed a higher price by £14. I contacted the company to ask about this and they told me to send the phone in and the price would be revised. I did so, but they did not revise the price and have stuck to their new saying that they can't offer a higher price than that offered. Bit they fail to understand that this was a higher model. They also did not credit my £5, nor my friend's £5 for referring me. It has been a very frustrating and disappointing experience over a difference of £19. They have no concept of goodwill or customer service as I had to chase for an answer many times to my emails. Would not even honour the £5 for me or my friend even though I provided them with proof."
Hi Hitesh,

We are sorry to learn that your experience was not positive, from looking into your order we can see that the item was accepted at the initial offer price.We have fulfilled the agreed sales price which was accepted at the time of placing the order.

Regarding the referral payment, unfortunately the promo code was not added correctly however this has now been processed and you should receive the £5 within 3 working days.

Kind Regards
mM CS
"Whatever you do DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE PEOPLE. I purchased a CD from Ebay, they sent me the CD with all its trimmings but it was a Christian CD, where I had bought various artists. They are now ignoring my messages via e-bay, although I have sent it back first class delivery. It has cost me over £8 and I have no product. Because I did not know you had to send it back recorded delivery to satisfy Ebay (Music Magpie know this), I cannot get E-bay into end the dispute, I am going to lose the money because Music Magpie, just ignore my twice daily messages. If you see there Feedback they have 7000 Negative Feedbacks and 7000 Neutrals. You get a problem with these jokers and you are going to be out of luck"
"This is the first time I have used Music Magpie and have to say it will be the last. I purchased a used iPhone 7 for my son's birthday. It arrived quickly and appeared in good condition. Unfortunately there was a problem with the phone, which would not charge (the charging cable was new and provided by Music Magpie). I returned the phone the following day and asked for a refund for this faulty device. Their customer service was terrible with them taking far too long to reply to emails. Phone calls also failed to speed the process and in the end I had to raise a formal complaint. The phone was returned on 5th Feb and it was only on 11th March that I received a refund. I decided to buy from Music Magpie as I believed them to be one of the larger more reputable companies. Unfortunately this has not been the case."
"They offer very little money for dvds. Then when they pay out it is less money than they quoted. Customer service is nonexistent,absolutely hopeless.they said that they would contact me but didn’t. They then sell the dvds on eBay for a lot more money than you were paid. Would rather give my dvds to a charity shop than use them again. Try Ziffit better offers. For some reason this site won’t let me rate them with 1 star. If I could I’d rate them zero"
"Very poor service. My revised offer was reduced from £75 to £22.50 for an iphone 6. My main issue was the reason given wasn't even true about the device! I obviously declined the offer and will be going elsewhere and would recommend you save yourself the hassle and do the same."
"VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! This company advitises SAME DAY TRANSFER from when they receive the parcel. THIS IS A LIE! musicMagpie DO NOT do same day transfers - The proof is right here! I had sent two items on the 6th March 2019 both of which got delivered to musicMagpie this morning at 8am. Managers refuse to take calls due to headset health & safety.. what a load of rubbish! This company after the experience I have just received would not be recommended to anybody as they lie and are deceitful. DO NOT SEND YOUR VALUABLE ITEMS TO musicMagpie.. *** NO SAME DAY TRANSFER *** For same day transfers visit: Carphone Warehouse trade on or visit the link provided below. CARPHONE WAREHOUSE SAME DAY TRANSFERS: www. carphonewarehouse.com /mobiles/trade-in.html CARPHONE WAREHOUSE DO THE SAME DAY TRANSFER OR YOU CAN POP INTO ONE OF THEIR MANY STORES ACROSS THE UK TO COMPLETE YOUR TRADE IN FOR CASH IN STORE OR ONLINE CARPHONE WAREHOUSE TRADE IN IS A MUCH BETTER OPTION AND YOU CAN SPEAK AND DEAL WITH HUMANS.. It’s great! with SAME DAY TRANSFER GUARANTEED unlike this company musicMagpie! MusicMagpie TAKE THE BISCUIT when it comes to transfers! Liers is what they are and very rude staff in call centres one of which told me I can not even have my stuff back then hung up the call with me so I had to call back.. we’ll it didn’t get any better. I wish I had not sent my items to this company.. think twice please don’t make the same mistake I did. Regards, Indy Singh"
"Where do I even start? I purchased an iPhone 7 from musicMagpie back in November. Delivery time was great and on arrival everything looked good. Fast forward to February and I went to Apple to get an official battery replacement. Upon the specialist inspecting the phone he stated that the phone contained a non-genuine Apple display and just about all of the internals were non-apple and non-genuine, and for that reason Apple couldn't service my device. I was surprised to hear this and immediately contacted musicMagpie the day after as I've pretty much been sold a non-genuine device. They finally replied via email 3 days later asking for the order number. I provided the order number and communication has stopped. I sent another email asking for a refund or replacement, no reply. We are now at the 7th March, 2 weeks later from where I first raised the issue and no contact. I got sick of waiting around and decided that I'd sell the phone back to them (at a £100+ loss), and they have received the phone and have the cheek to say that the microphone is now faulty and reduced the amount even further. The phone is still covered by their supposed 12 month guarantee. Honestly this whole thing has just been pathetic with customer service that take days to respond (if they eventually do) and I just want a full refund. I have sent 2 emails today, one to customer service and one to their dedicated complaints department, again stating they now have my phone and that I would happily be out of pocket and take the amount they originally offered when I sold it back to them. I am in talks with my bank about this and they are advising me on what can be done to get a full refund. Honestly this is disappointing as I've bought and sold to magpie loads of times in the past and have always recommended them to friends and family but never again. Initial order number from when I bought the phone - R612345346 Selling order number - 5175619"
"Sent three phones one mint condition and two older phones you offered £90 then after you received them you sent email saying mint condition phone was damaged that was a lie u offered then nearly £16 for that the other one £2 and never mention third been trying to contact you but no joy ! Have since seen on your reviews it's a regular scam you do 😡😡Susan"
Hello Susan,

The email address provided is not listed on our database. Please provide your order ID so this can be looked into.

mM CS
"Shocking customer service, worst experience ever! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! Shocking customer service I have had the worst customer experience with Music magpie ever. I ordered a phone on Jan 31st. The phone I was sent was Faulty. I returned it and 2 weeks later after chasing numerous times was sent a second phone that was also faulty, I returned the 2nd phone and asked for a 3rd attempt but for them to please check the phone thoroughly before sending it out. I received the 3rd phone and to my dismay it was the original phone they sent out to me which was still faulty! and I have had to return for a 3rd time. we are now 4th March and I am still chasing my refund. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. Bad products and even worse service! I asked for a manager to call me so that I could make a complaint only to be told that managers don't speak to the public!!! Completely disgraceful!"
Hello Gemma,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. We apologise that the items you have received on a number of occasions have not been in the expected condition.

Having looked into your orders, we can see that the customer service agents had made notes about the issues with the items to ensure these issues would not arise again so we apologise that the problems have continued.

Having looked into your most recent order, it would appear our returns team haven't received it as of yet but when they do, they will be in touch with you through email. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and distress you have been caused.

mM CS
"My fiance bought a ps2 game from music and it does not work and the disk is scratched. I am not happy, they are supposed to check discs work before they sell them, clearly didn't check this one."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Unfortunately, as the email provided isn't on our database, we're unable to look into this further. Could you please provide the order ID?

mM CS
"They lowered the offer on my phone saying it was scratched and in poor condition. When it arrived back to me it was covered in scratches"
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. As mentioned, when your item was received and tested, it was found to be in poor condition as the screen of the device was heavily scratched. The level of damage found to the device went beyond what we could accept as a good condition phone.

The device was regraded to poor and a revised offer was made to reflect the change. The revised offer was declined, so we returned the item free of charge, as per our price promise. As we received a heavily scratched device, we have to assume the item was sent to us in this condition. Please get in touch with our customer service team so this can be further investigated.

mM CS
"I wanted to sell them, ipad 4 mini offered a price of 140 f while ipad reached them and they offered me 12 f is some zart. I did not give my consent. Ipad was in the state of A ++ and returned to me without a protective glass, sim card and in addition with a scratched display. I suppose that when the glass was peeled off they damaged the display. I do not recommend these cheaters !!!!"
Hello Mariusz,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your item was received and tested, it was found that the casing of the device was bent which deems it to be faulty. We regraded the item because of this and made a revised offer. As the revised offer was rejected, the item was returned to you free of charge.

The likes of a SIM card would be disposed of upon testing and we advise that these are not included when items are sent to us. If you feel your device has been returned in a different condition to when it was sent to us, please get in touch with our customer services team directly so this can be investigated.

mM CS
"Avoid like the plague. Offered me 10% of the original price when they received the item. Said the screen was water damaged. Nothing wrong with it. Can't refuse the offer as they won't let you log into your account to tell them to return it. Phone line is not answered and emails not replied to. Scam merchants."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your item was received and tested, liquid damage was found on the screen of the device, which shows clearly as white spots on both sides. Liquid damage deems the item to be faulty as per our specifications. The item was regraded because of this and a revised offer was made.

In the email we provide stating the change to the order, you can click through to access your account to accept or decline. Emails are responded to within a 48 hour time frame and having looked into your order, we can see you called through to us about this so the offer could be rejected.

MusicMagpie is rated 4.62 based on 5,717 reviews