MusicMagpie Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend MusicMagpie

Tell us how MusicMagpie made you happy

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Easy
returns process
"I sent my phone to music magpie with a £150 quote. Absolutely no problems, fully working phone. Even had its original box, case and charger! Got an email today saying the quality team had checked it over and that the screen was ‘lifted’ (which is false) Then I get offered a counter offer of.. wait for it.... £8!!! Absolutely laughable. This company is just a con. Avoid if you want what your item is actually worth. Absolute joke of a company."
"I did my research before I chose who I sold my items through, and while MusicMagpie look like they have good reviews this is mostly for buying. If you are looking to sell your tech, I strongly advise you sell elsewhere. I went to sell two Apple laptops (a 2008 and 2012) through MusicMagpie, and it was an awful experience. I sent the two laptops and one charger. Once my items were delivered, I received two emails. The first one said that my item (2012 laptop) was missing a charger, and reduced the cost by £108 (incredible as a brand new charger is £80). The second email said that as the item I had sent (2008 laptop) was not recognised they would not be returning it, and would recycle it as per their terms and conditions. This applies to media items, not tech, and I had to call to clarify this and ensure I was actually getting my laptop back. With regards to the so-called missing charger, I was told that it was absolutely not in the box, and that they could not check as packaging is instantly recycled. The attitude was very much ‘nah it’s not there, nothing we can do’. I was told they would return my laptops, but not my charger as according to them it was never there. My options were to accept the significantly lower price, or have my laptops returned to me. My 2012 laptop came back first, without its charger. I had to chase the 2008 laptop which was several days later, and lo and behold had the missing charger in the box! The entire experience has been baffling. If the charger was not missing, why did they devalue my laptop? If it wasn’t missing and they found it why did no one contact me to say they could honour the original selling price? It’s raised so many questions which all point to dodgy dealings from MusicMagpie. It’s very suspicious, as I strongly suspect they just said it was missing in the hopes that I would accept the lower pricing rather than going through the hassle of getting my items back. If you look through seller reviews this seems to be a recurring theme. While I have my items back, this has taken around 3 weeks of hassle and a lot of stress. I strongly advise sellers not to risk MusicMagpie."
Hello Erica,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. This issue has been looked into by our dedicated complaints department - they emailed you on 6/12/18. Please direct all further correspondence to this department. We apologise for any frustration caused.

mM CS
"jokers. website gave price as £118... then offered £11.60. phone was perfect condition."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. The email address provided is not registered on our database; could you please provide your order ID so this can be looked into further?

mM CS
"Sent me the wrong book and then said they would only send me the book I wanted when I returned the book I didn't want in its original packaging."
Hello Guy,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive, and we apologise that the incorrect item was received. Once the incorrect item has been returned, we can look into this issue further and you can be refunded.

mM CS
"Firstly I couldn't put zero stars. Provisional offer of 220 pounds for iPhone 7+ in perfect condition with original box and packaging. Selling due to emergency. Am email arrives saying phone substandard and an offer of 20 pounds. I now have my phone back."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Unfortunately, the email address listed is not on our database. Could you please provide the email address linked to your order or your order ID so this can be looked into further?

mM CS
"Phone sent still no payment over 10 days later, no one can tell me why there has been a problem and manager too busy to speak to me. Keep being told nothing can be done and they will email when the warehouse gets back to them. Not good enough, have requested return of my phone. Complete waste of time."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn that your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, we can see that the item has now been returned to you. We sincerely apologise for any delay in processing and frustration caused - the order has been raised with relevant managers.

mM CS
"Run a mile Offered 308 for my phones Once received 150 .(scratches ) My other phone they won’t return as it needs clearing with check mend who don’t have a contact no .be careful people dodgy as all hell ."
Hello Scott,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not as positive. In regards to the device that was regraded to poor condition, this was due to scratches on the screen of the device which goes beyond what we can accept as being in good condition. The price we could offer was affected too, and as the revised price was declined, the item was returned to you free of charge.

As we state in our terms and conditions, we check every device against the National CheckMend register. As the other device was flagged in reference to an insurance claim, it could not be tested until this issue was resolved. Once this issue has been cleared with CheckMend, we can proceed with the order.

mM CS
"Sent my Iphone 6 to them. The phone was fully working and in a good condition for the age. Within a couple of days I got email saying that the phone is faulty, according to their engineer it is not accepting simcards. I have phone them up and challenged this. I was advised that another engineer will retest. This time round they came back saying that the phons is actually accepting the simcard but it is water damaged. Another lie. Anyway, I have asked them to send the phone back. Avoid this timewasters at all costs. Looks like they give you a good price online and then trying to bring it down hoping you won’t bother."
Hello Marcin,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. As mentioned, when your device was tested it was found that the item was not accepting SIM cards. Liquid damage was noted too, as explained on the call with our agent. Please note, our agent explained that liquid damage was found as well as the SIM card issue, rather than just liquid damage. These faults meant the item could not be accepted as being in good condition - the device was regraded to faulty and a revised offer was made.

mM CS
"I sent in 2 boxes of tech and media, got a price of £34. When the payment came through I only got £13, they claimed I didn’t send in a PSVITA from one box and 3 games in another box but got everything else in those boxes! I checked the box twice before sending and KNOW they were all in there! My son wanted to use the money for vbucks! DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO THESE THIEVES!!!!!"
Hello Kay,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, it would appear there has been an error for which we sincerely apologise. An additional payment is being made to ensure you receive the full payment for your order. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

mM CS
"ruined my laptop and then when I called said that you received it like that."
Hello Alex,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your device was received, our technicians found that the battery of the device had expanded which meant the item could not be accepted as being in good condition as it was faulty. Because of this, the item was regraded and a revised offer was made. As the offer was declined so the item was returned to you on 20/8/18 as per our price promise.

Our dedicated complaints team have looked into the order and provided more information for you - please direct any further correspondence to our complaints team.

mM CS
"Music magpie have claimed my phone was damaged when they received it and have reduced their offer from £215 to £65. The phone was in perfect condition, cleaned meticulously and packed carefully and posted in front an independent witness. A Google search shows there is a history of such complaints against musicmagpie."
Hello Julie,

We'rs sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your device was received and tested, the casing was found to be cracked which meant the item could not be accepted as being in good condition as this deems the item to be faulty.

Images of the device as taken during testing were provided via email to explain the change of condition. As the revised offer was declined, the item was returned to you free of charge, as per our price promise.

mM CS
"Just received a revised offer for my brand new and boxed phone, from £275 to £25 as it's damaged yet I took photos of it in mint condition with original screen and back protector on. Obviously I have rejected the offer and expect it back in the same condition."
Hello Andrew,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your device was received and tested, our technicians found that the proximity sensor was inoperative and the accelerometer was faulty. These issues meant that the item could not be accepted as being in good condition as it is deemed faulty by our specifications. The item was regraded and a revised offer was made to reflect this.

As the revised offer has been declined, the item will be returned to you as per our price promise.

mM CS
"Checked every box myself before packing up and sending, then 10 days later receive an email saying they’ve credited my account for only half the money but no explanation why just that the money has been transferred! A serious lack of communication here, and when I query it they send a list of ‘missing items’, and I do not understand how they have disappeared... requested that they send my entire package back & take their money back but customer services have said no it’s too late, it’s been finalised but I never agreed to receiving a lesser amount and was given no choice in the matter. Very untrustworthy and after reading all other comments I’m clearly not alone!"
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your items were received, two items had missing discs which is why they were rejected when received. We have issued an additional payment to cover the price we offered for these items. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

mM CS
"Liars, cheats. Offered me a revised offer of £15 after an initial offer of £127! Said there was screen burn, liars that's all they are. Instructed them to return my device."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. As mentioned, when your device was received and tested, it was found that the item had screen burn. For clarity, a screen burn is where you can see a faint outline of something that was once on the screen - such as an icon, the time, or lines - showing mainly on clear white screen. As this is a fault with the LCD we are not able to offer a higher price than offered for this order.

We have a tech price promise in place to ensure the best outcome for our customers. As the revised offer was declined, the item was returned to you free of charge.

mM CS
"I was quoted £189.72 for an old iMac in good condition. Upon sending it in MusicMagpie assessed the iMac and claimed it was faulty. They sent me an image they used to justify their evaluation of the machine, showing two tiny blemishes on the hard glass. (Look up Imgur image frxL50T to see what they sent me) As you can see there are two barely noticeable blemishes to the hard glass on the front of the iMac, with the screen still being FULLY functional. Customer services has outright refused to reconsider the grading, opting to skip over grading it as poor and only offer the Faulty price of £37.94. MM is clearly chancing it on a number of machines in the hope that customers will decide that the hassle of getting the machine back is too much to bother with and they can bag themselves a bargain. With phones its easy to get the item back, but to get an iMac of this size back would require me to take a day off work to await the delivery which further skews the economics of their offer. Think twice about sending MM any items that will be a logistical problem to take back when they play their grading games."
Hello James,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. The blemishes found on the screen of the device showed signs of liquid damage upon testing, which is why the device was regraded to faulty. When an item is regraded, the revised offer is final so unfortunately, customer services wouldn't have been able to change the grading on the item. As the revised offer was accepted, payment should have cleared with you on 15/10/18.

mM CS
"Very dishonest company, do not use them"
Hello John,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not as positive. As mentioned, when your device was received and tested, a number of heavy scratches were found on the device. This meant the item could not be in good condition as originally listed, but fits the description of a poor condition device. As the revised offer was declined, the item has been returned to you free of charge, as per our price promise.

mM CS
"£180 on an apple watch for my daughters birthday present only to find no charger.. miss leading sale..another £30 on a charger spent.. customer services not bothered"
"Been trying to give them items to sell but will not answer the phone for a complaint that no one has come to collect the boxes!! Twice I've tried to sell them but no one turns up"
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. We apologise for the issues faced with the courier service; we use a third party service so unfortunately the information we have surrounding collection times are limited.

Having looked into your order, we can see that an express courier service has been booked in for today to collect your items. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the issue.

mM CS
"Sent my daughters phone off they then emailed saying had water damage load rubbish she has asked for it back sent mine off they said has heaven scratches it’s never been out of case and has screen protector on what a CON WOULDNT RECOMMEND THAT SING THIS COMPANY"
Hello Debra,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, we can see that your item was regraded from good condition to poor condition due to heavy scratches. We have emailed you with images of the device that were taken during testing, showing a number of scratches all over the screen.

As the revised offer was accepted, payment will be authorised for your order today.

mM CS
"Offered a tenth of original offer with the excuse that there was dust in the camera on the phone."
Hello Mike,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. As mentioned, your item was regraded from good condition to faulty due to dust in the camera meaning the camera was not functioning properly. When a device is regraded, a revised offer is made to reflect what we're currently offering for a faulty condition device.

As the revised offer was declined, the device was returned to you free of charge on 24/9/18 as per our price promise.

MusicMagpie is rated 4.62 based on 5,073 reviews