MusicMagpie Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend MusicMagpie

Tell us how MusicMagpie made you happy

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Easy
returns process
"Sent 2 iphones as they offered the best price online. They said one of my iphones was faulty and only offered me a small amount for it so I asked them to return it (it wasn't faulty at all and is still being used by a friend). But I have been waiting for the payment for the second phone, which still hasn't appeared in my account. I'm now trying to get hold of them...we will see what they say but not feeling great about this company at all. £60 down the drain. I used enviro phone before and had absolutely no problems. Will use them in future to recycle phone. AVOID THIS BUNCH AT ALL COSTS WOULD BE MY ADVICE!"
"I sent my iphone 6 plus in as they offered £250 for it. Zero problems until they said it was still locked. I followed the email which would help me take the phone off my icloud account and contacted Vodafone to unlock it. After doing all this I had not heard from them for 10 days. I contact them and they came up with some rubbish about how busy they have been. The next day I receive an email saying its still locked. I sent them the email from Vodafone plus a screen shot of the icloud account to clearly show them its all sorted. 4 days later still not heard anything. Email them and phone them. The answer is still the same ( still locked ) so I ask them to send it back to me so I can check and sell somewhere else. Now I have to wait 4-7 days for them to return it to me. Not worth the Hassel"
"Firstly I couldn't put zero stars. Provisional offer of 220 pounds for iPhone 7+ in perfect condition with original box and packaging. Selling due to emergency. Am email arrives saying phone substandard and an offer of 20 pounds. I now have my phone back."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Unfortunately, the email address listed is not on our database. Could you please provide the email address linked to your order or your order ID so this can be looked into further?

mM CS
"Selling your phone through MusicMagpie is not easy as they claim. They seem to only ask customers who have bought items from their store to review their company which is why they have such a high rating on this website as their is not much to go wrong with buying a CD/DVD/refurbished tech product. Therefore they are not getting a overall opinion for both sides of the company. This has been reported too. I send my iPhone 6 Plus in, to which they come back with a revised offer of £40 instead of the originally offered £130 due to ‘bent casing’. I obviously turn this down. It came back, and it was in the same condition I sent it in, immaculate! So I then go to my local Apple store and get it checked out. They say it’s absolutely fine and definitely not bent. So anyway, I swap it with a family friend who also has an iPhone 6 Plus. I then send my family friends iPhone 6 Plus in. It comes back with £134 instead of £160. I call them up and it’s explained to me that it has an ‘expanded battery’! I look this up on google and this is when the battery has so much damage/corrosion the screen plys up. It was not like this when I sent it, so I speak to Dawn and she says there are no photos or explanation why it has been revised. Instead i am to send photos of when i sent it. I thankfully took photos of the phone before I sent it. I send these over immediately on the Friday afternoon. I call up again, on the Monday afternoon to be told they haven’t looked at it because of the weekend. This is tricky to work out as I have had my items received on a Sunday and spoke to customer service on a Saturday! Plus they had all day Monday, it was just another excuse. After speaking to Hayley, she advised that she would have to speak to Dawn. Unless Dawn owns the email address of the customer service one Hayley could of accessed this. Anyway, after a 15 minute wait, Hayley advises that she has spoken to Dawn and they have both authorised the extra payment of £25.76. However, she would have to accept the £134.24 and put the other payment down manually. The £134.24 is received the next day but no sign of the £25.76? Again, on the Wednesday, no sign of it. James just told me to ‘wait’. I did wait and it eventually arrived this morning (Thursday). So they revised my offer for nothing? This company is a joke and they are thieves. They are making up reasons to reduce the price and so they can save a bit of cash. I would seriously avoid them, don’t waste your time."
"Sent immaculate iPhone 6 with no marks as had screen protector on. Was advised poor condition and heavy scratches which was completely untrue with greatly reduced offer price. Refused and phone returned with big scratch across screen which wasn’t there when sent. Absolute scammers will never use again and will ensure as many as possible aware of their underhand scheme. Rang them and completely disinterested. Disgusted - only gave one star as unable to give zero."
Hello Glyn,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Upon testing, a large scratch was found on the screen of the device, meaning the item could not be accepted as being in good condition. As this is how the item was received, we must assume this is how the item was sent. We would require images of the item prior to sending to look into this issue further.

mM CS
"These thief’s always find something wrong with your phone even if you send them a brand new one as a test!"
Hello Adam,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Upon testing your device, the camera was found to be faulty - a purple tint was found on the test images. As the camera isn't functioning as it should, this meant the item could not be accepted as being in good condition. The item was regraded and a revised offer was made. As the revised offer was declined, the item was returned to you free of charge.

mM CS
"Sent my perfect iphone-5s in for £79 only to be told it was found to be faulty and offered £29. I'd been using the phone with no problems up 'til the day I sent it in. I didn't use ebay as I've been turned over by buyers and figured MM was a safe option. Lesson learned!"
Hello Ian,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your device was received and tested, a green frame was found on the screen of the device. As this is a fault with the LCD of the phone, we cannot offer a higher price for the item. As the revised offer was rejected, the item was returned to you free of charge.

mM CS
"Was offered £135 each for 2 x galaxy s6 edge 64gb phones.when magpie received them they offered £40 for one of them and £80 for the other saying one had heavy scratches and the other had screen burn and was faulty.both phones were in perfect working order and one had MINOR scratches on the side casing.WHAT A FARCE!!!!would not recommend magpie go anyone as they want your phone for nothing and then to sell on at a ridiculous profit!!BEWARE!!!!!!!ì"
"Beware! They hide behind improper T&Cs to revise prices to try and scam you out of money! I recently tried selling a MacBook pro under Poor condition through Music Magpie. Upon receiving my item they claimed it was 'Faulty' due to the battery not being at it's best anymore. However, on their website the following was the description I used: Powers on/remains on (when not plugged into charger) • Keyboard can be missing 2 or more keys • All drives work • Complete with RAM and HDD • Heavy wear and tear/scratches/dents My MacBook was not only functional (as I had been using a day or two prior to sending it off) but it could hold battery charge for a couple of hours without being plugged into the mains. It did not fail in any other way, which suggests I have comfortably met their requirements for 'Poor Condition'. Yet it failed on a test that was neither relevant to the condition I had selected nor stated ANYWHERE on their website. After a lengthy discussion with a Live Chat representative, I was given the excuse that they can't supply all relevant tests on their website (total rubbish) and I ran rings around their T&Cs but having clearly lost the argument, he stated that all revisions are final and I would need to accept the lower price of £39 (was £109!) or I should decline the offer. I tried to decline but the button would not work and the representative had to decline on my behalf! I would not go anywhere near these scammers ever again."
"My partner and I are moving abroad and had a large amount of CDs, DVDs, games and tech to get rid of. We decided to give Music Magpie a go as they are always being advertised and their app allows you to scan the barcodes for the CDs, DVDs and games, which we thought would save some time. We scanned all items in and we were quoted around £289, so we boxed up the items into 5 boxes; so far so good. We booked the courier to pick up our items the following day and were sent a Pack and Send Guide which included one label for our boxes and we were advised in the email that if we required additional labels for any more boxes, we would need to print them from our account online. We logged in online and there was no option to print additional labels, so we went on the web chat and the young man we spoke to had no idea why this option wasn't available, but told us that we actually didn't need any additional labels as they had booked DPD as our courier and they printed their own labels. When the courier arrived the next day, they had only been told about 4 packages so they could not take all of our boxes. We then spoke to someone else on the webchat, who apologised and re-booked the courier for Monday. I then emailed Music Magpie also to confirm that the courier would know I had 5 boxes to be picked up. I received a reply from Music Magpie confirming that was the case. On Monday, guess what? The courier was only expecting 4 boxes again so he suggested that he take 4 of the boxes and we re-book with Music Magpie to pick up the 5th separately. I then called Music Magpie and spoke to someone, asking them to send ANOTHER courier the following day for the 5th box. So finally all of our boxes arrived at Music Magpie. I then received an email to say that 2 of our CDs were missing, asking us if we had decided not to sell them? I replied saying that there was no way 2 CDs could be missing, as we had scanned all items and immediately boxed them for sending. I then told them that I was disappointed with the service I had received so far and asked them to check again whether our items were there. I did not receive a reply. 2 days later, I received an email saying 'Good news! Your payment from Music Magpie is on its way!' which said that they were sending a payment of £266 - around £20 less than we had originally been quoted. There was no explanation or breakdown of the payment so we could not understand why we were being paid less. Finally, I received a reply to my email regarding the missing CDs, but it did not address any of the points in my email and it did not let me know whether the CDs were ever found or not; it simply told me that my order was now complete. I do apologise for the lengthy review but I feel people need to know about this as I have experienced problems from start to finish with them and I really do not want someone to fall into the same trap of assuming this is a good company because they are a household name and they have a flashy app. I really cannot stress this enough: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY."
"Sent an immaculate condition Galaxy S6 WITH hard case and screen protector and foam padding. Email received saying that the screen had been "lifted" and back was loose.. Yet the case is undamaged?! .. Total scam artists. I am 100% convinced that they have damaged the phone in an attempt to lower their original bid of £150. I have requested that the phone be returned so I can begin legal proceedings for the damage to the phone. No wonder they have been investigated by Watchdog previously!"
"Wrote this review this morning on Trustpilot and they blocked it trying to cover themselves. I have now lost all confidence in them as a company. I wanted to sell my Windows 8 laptop and received what I thought was a good quote from them, packaged and sent my laptop. I received a "revised" quote back from quality assessment saying they had found the laptop didn't have windows 8?! It was fully reset and checked (I work in IT) before I sent it off. The revised quote was about 10% of the original quote and I rejected instantly. What a waste of time this was. Don't bother wasting your time with this company."
"Music magpie offered £115 for iPad mini 2 32gb. I sent it and 2 days later got an offer for £11.60!!!! Are they having a laugh? They said that the battery wasn't as it should be. The iPad had been working perfectly for me the only reason I was selling was because I upgraded to an iPad with more memory. I also sent an old iPhone 5c which they offered £80 for and they downgraded it to £70 once they received it. All I can say is don't trust these thieving magpies!"
"This whole experience has been abysmal from start to finish starting with the collection and ending with the payment that I'm still waiting for 2 months later. The price has been constantly knocked down to virtually nothing for 6 used iPhones. Never before have I encountered such abysmal service, please do yourself a favour if you've got a used phone to sell go to a high street store."
"I sent my Sony Z3 compac mobile telephone to Music Magpie as they quoted the highest price of £61.10. I had previously been quoted a price of £40 from a company that had looked at the phone. After being totally mucked around with collection of the mobile I eventually sent it to them. I received an e-mail to advise their offer was £3.90 due to liquid damage. There was definitely no damage to the mobile when it was sent to them! Absolute disgrace!!! I have asked for the mobile to be returned - just hope this is done without fuss and I will certainly not be using or recommending to anyone."
"Phone didn't work , wouldn't charge at all and was dirty , two weeks later I'm still waiting for a refund !"
"so I paid nearly £300 for an Iphone 6plus 64gb next day delivery, when the phone arrived, I activated the phone then put my sim card in then decided to make a call. I then realised I couldn't hear anything at all and the person on the other side couldn't hear me either. Then I thought I would try another number and it happened again, turns out the phone was faulty and I couldn't make calls at all. What kind of company sells phones without doing the very simple thing of checking it actually calls out and works???? I then realised the phone don't vibrate either, so this so called company asked me to send them the phone, I am now nearly £300 down and without a phone and they tell me there is no compensation and i have to wait up to 10 working days for another phone or to fix the one i sent them, it's ridiculous. i wish I used another company and never had dealt with them. I have to wait 10 working days without a phone at all now. I would give them absolutely ZERO stars if i could and I will be putting this review on every review company i come across and will not be recommending this company to anyone at all and advise everyone to stay well clear from them"
"This company i my opinion, finds faults which are not true (after providing evidence which sugests there was no fault). Also, their emails seem to go into spam and if you dont respond within 4 days they will not return your item! I feel truely unhappy with my experience! I will never use this service again. BEWARE!"
"This company is just TERRIBLE to get in touch with. Granted, they are pretty cheap, and if all goes well, you will be quite happy...But if something wrong then forget it. I bought five items from them on ebay. 2 were as advertised, 1 was a completely different version, and two flat-out didn't work. The state of one of the disks was a disgrace, with several large scratches clearly visible. Emailed = no reply, emailed again = no reply, ebay messaged = no reply, phoned = stuck on hold...for ten minutes...no reply. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I sell on ebay sometimes, and if I acted in this way, I would rightly suffer for it. They sell 100,00+ items a month so the bad feedback just fades into the background, but if you look you will see the same thing - Terrible, terrible customer service if anything goes wrong. I have now learned my lesson. Disregard MM items from your searches because no matter how cheap they are, they are not worth the hassle if something goes wrong."
"OMG I wish I had read these reviews before sending my books/DVDs to MusicMagpie. The first 'flagup' was a couple (Man/Women) I saw collected my 2 boxes from my porchway in a small silver ford fiesta/VW type car...and i thought 'that doesnt look like DHL or a proper courier service? I was going to go out and speak with them, but changed my mind! sorry I did now. Anyway, my 2 boxes (only small amounts tbh £22.83&£9.56=£32.39)...eventually arrived at MM, and i rec'd an email saying payment had been made £20.83+£7.06=£27.89..a difference of £4.50. The reason..one unoriginal DVD (I did buy from the Maker so I am open to say thats a maybe?) But the 2nd DVD which I originally paid £22.50 about 2 yrs ago for...was not received by them?? What?? are they serious??? Well I certainly don't have it, So where is it??? I have phoned 3 times (no answer), I have emailed twice (no reply). I have now reported them to Trading Standards who will be investigating, I am going to write them a registered letter with my complaint of theft/fraud that has occurred. This is about integrity and truth, and I am saddened that such a thing could happen when I sent my goods in good faith."
MusicMagpie is rated 4.62 based on 5,075 reviews