MusicMagpie Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend MusicMagpie

Tell us how MusicMagpie made you happy

customer service
"Tried to pull a fast one on me and said 10% of items that I'd sent didn't arrive. Make sure you video record the boxing up and sealing of the box or they may try to rip you off too. Plenty of others have said the same on money supermarket forums."
"Sent a Samsung s9 phone with 2 scratches on it which I would say was still in good working order. They sent me a revised offer which was nearly half the offered price originally started saying phone was in poor condition. I know it wasn't. This company are worse than my local cex store. I now refuse to have anything else to do with this company who prey on desperate people in these financially difficult times."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your device was received and tested, scratches were found all across the screen of the device which meant the item could not be accepted as being in good condition as it fits into the poor condition category.

Because of this, the item was regraded and a revised offer was made to reflect the changes to the order. Please note, we do not 'prey on desperate people' as stated. Should on order change, we will communicate the reason(s) why to our customers to ensure a transparent process. As well as this, we offer a 14 day grace period in which to either accept or decline the revised offer, allowing enough time to make an informed decision.

As the revised offer was accepted, the order was completed and payment was authorised on 8/11/19.

mM CS
"You get peanuts for your stuff. If you are selling heavy books it's almost impossible to find a suitable box that they won't get damaged in, it would be better if you could break up the weight to separate boxes."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not as positive as we'd have hoped. The prices we offer depend on a number of factors which includes stock levels. You can split your order into different boxes as we can accept orders of up to 500 items, but you would need additional labels for each box. These can be generated through My Account.

mM CS
"I don't think it's fair that you don't give customers the option to pay for the return of their rejected items"
Hello Laura,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. If the item sent to us is a tech device, and the condition of the item changes, the item can be returned to you free of charge. However, if a media item is rejected at quality control, it cannot be returned. This is outlined in our terms and conditions.

mM CS
"Great for books, appalling for tech and customer service are very slow at replying to emails even when chased for an update."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your tech orders, we can see that three orders were made for different devices:
- iMac Core i5 3.6 21.5" (Mid 2010)
- Xbox 360 E (4GB)
- Galaxy J3 (2016)

When the iMac was received and tested, it was found that it was the incorrect item. What we did receive was a IMac Core i5 2.5 21.5" (Mid 2011) 4GB, which was faulty. Multiple spots of liquid damage were found as well as dust under the screen of the device. Because of this, your item was regraded and a revised offer was made. The revised offer was accepted after 5pm, meaning it missed the 2pm cut off point for same day payment. Payment was made the next working day (10/9/18), as per our terms and conditions.

The Xbox has a parental lock on it so we cannot access it to test it fully. Because of this, the item was marked as faulty. The passcode provided has been tested but is incorrect. The revised offer has been declined so the item will be returned to you free of charge.

The Galaxy J3 phone was found to be Google locked when it was received and tested. We cannot accept devices with security locks and we request that they are removed prior to sending. The item has been returned to you free of charge.

mM CS
"Unfortunately the refurbished phone we received was faulty so not the best experience."
Hello Ben,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, we can see you have been refunded for the item. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

mM CS
"The process worked fine, except for the fact that they have sent me 18 emails in 1 day asking for feedback. I’ve marked them as poor for that reason. If they hadn’t had annoyed me with emails, it would be a 5/5!"
Hello James,

We're sorry to learn your experience wasn't positive. Due to a technical error, our email had sent a number of duplicates and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. The issue was fixed earlier today but if you continue to receive these emails from us, please let our customer services team know.

mM CS
"It took several days after music magpie received the items to contact me regarding any issues and then a further few days to let me know the items were being processed and sharing a further few days before I received the money, even though they advertise the process as payment being sent the same day they receive the items."
Hello Francesca,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, we received four boxes for your order but not all of the items in your order were present. We allowed for another working day before informing you in case an additional box reached us then - typically, when a number of boxes are sent together, they do not reach us at the one time.

We emailed you on 26/7/18 at 9.33am to let you know we hadn't received a number of items listed in the order. We received correspondence from you later that day to confirm the items were not sent. The order was raised with the relevant manager to be completed, and payment was made on 31/7/18. Payment via bank transfer can take a working day to clear.

Same day payment is eligible the day we receive your items provided the order is complete. As your order was incomplete, the process was elongated.

mM CS
"Very good service. Only issue is the relentless nature of emails asking for feedback - sent every five minutes to clog up your inbox until you give in! A shame you allow this to happen, Music Magpie - you would have got 5 stars if you hadn’t taken such a poor, automated approach to seeking this customer’s views. Anything more than a couple of requests begins to feel like harassment!"

mM CS
"I had a 2nd series i7 laptop which Music Magpie originally offered £97 for. After they received it they re-offered £21 as 'the hard drive had less than 90% health left' As a PC engineer, I would love to know how they check this. I refused the offer and had the laptop returned. I replaced the hard drive with a completely new hard drive and (after reinstalling and patching the O/S) sent the device back to them - I was offered £79 before sending it. I received a further offer of £40 as the 'case was cracked' - I had taken photos of the laptop before sending and so was keen to get the device back to see where this damage was. When I received the laptop I could find no damage - however, the laptop was failing to boot, the battery was reporting that I should be replaced - the laptop is now working like it is running through glue - I will need to investigate why I can not prove anything, but I would lay a bet that some other similar (compatible) laptop they had at the same time now has a better battery as a computer engineer, I receive many laptops from people who replace their equipment. I have tried to send many laptops to MM - only to have almost without exception the original offer reduced. nearly always I reject their offer - there must be a better place to offload refurbished equipment These people seem to pay for iPads, CDs, DVDs etc without an issue - but anything electrical they come up with a phoney excuse and reduce the offer"
Hello Paul,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. The provided email is not on our database and the order ID is under a different name. We can only discuss the order with the account holder.

mM CS
"Very good website! Easy to sell your electronics, Games and DVD's. I sold a lot of my old games a few days ago and got an awesome price for them! I'd highly recommend music magpie to anyone wanting to get rid of old stuff."
"Phone came without charger. Contacted via email, was told to wait 48 hours for a response, no response received after 2 weeks. Phoned customer services, was told that this is standard practice and they couldn't supply me with a charger. However, the fact that there would be no charger was not mentioned anywhere on the site when I ordered the phone."
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Having looked into your order, we could not locate an email for your order. We apologise if you were unhappy with the accessories provided. We do not state that a wall plug would be included as we do not supply them. The item should include a charging cable.

mM CS
"I've ordered 2 books from music magpie, the first was in a reasonable state for a second hand book but the second was in such a poor condition it shouldn't have been sold on. My son was really disappointed and i wish i had spent the extra £3 for a new one from Amazon."
Hello Jo,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. Can you please confirm the item which was not in good condition was in order R51209862? So this can be looked into further.

mM CS
"Not sure if 20p is enough for a dvd"
Hello,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not as positive as we'd have hoped. The prices we offer are based on a range of factors which includes stock levels.

mM CS
"after shopping with you through amazon for a number of years, I decided to deal with you direct through your own website. now a week after my first order I have received an email informing me of a TECHNICAL problem which has resulted in my order not being fulfilled. Doesn't bode well for the future. Having said that, the rest of my order has turned up promptly many thanks. i have enjoyed (mostly) my dealings with you in the past and I hope that this is just a blip"
Hello William,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not as positive as we'd have hoped. Having looked into your order, we can see that one of the items in your order could not be processed due to a technical issue. We apologised for the convenience this has caused and we can assure you this is an isolated incident. We can see that this is the only item affected in your orders so far.

mM CS
"Two out of the four CDs I purchased had flaws which made them unlistenable."
Hello David,
We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. If you could get in touch with our customer services team to identify which items were unsuitable, they will be more than happy to help with this issue. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
mM CS
"Dodgy company. I ordered an iPhone 5c in December for my 8 year old, he's not exactly one for looking after stuff so ordered what was a pretty cheap phone at the time. I ordered the IPhone 5c through their eBay store for the princely sum of £79.99 for an grade A unlocked phone in green. (sons favorite colour) Anyways all was well until early February when it stopped turning on, so sent the company an email and sent it for repair. A few weeks later the company basically said it was broken beyond repair (didn't specify what was wrong) and said they didn't have any replacement in stock. (they were still selling that model on their ebay store in the same colour and capacity albeit at an inflated price, £129.99). Anyway they simply said they would send a refund for the £79.99 which they couldn't since the bank account used at the time is now closed. After pointing out they still had the same item in stock and that the bank account used was closed so could we arrange either a replacement or another payment to almynew bank, they simply told me a refund was issued and then stopped responding to me. Anyways I'll admit its a bit if an odd situation, but still, buyer beware! ."
Hello David, unfortunately the email used for this review is no on our system. Can you please provide an order ID so this can be looked into? Kind regards, mM CS
"The Wii I brought does work but is in very poor shape and has a habit of freezing. It was rated as being in good condition when it clear is not"
Hello Thomas,

We're sorry to learn the item you received was not in the correct condition. If you'd like to return the item so the issue can be looked into further, please contact enquiries@musicmagpie.co.uk.

mM CS
"Disappointed that, after holding one consignment I had sent them, for 4 weeks, they came back to say many of the contents were missing. I had always had good experiences until then, but now feel that I can not trust what they say."
Hello Ray,

We're sorry to learn your experience was not positive. When your order was received, 11 items that had been listed in the order were not received. We apologise that this wasn't communicated to you sooner. As these items were not received, we could not issue payment for them - your order was sent to be completed. on 20/3/18 with payment being made the same day. We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

mM CS
"Sold my MacBook Air in working condition was given the price of £340 only to receive an email saying there was liquid damage so they changed the offer price to £42 as it was faulty (definition of faulty on the website states that the laptop does not stay on or work without power) which was not the case for mine. I rejected the offer only to receive my laptop back today in perfect working condition (as it was when I sent it) with the tiniest bit of discolouration on the screen. I understand saying the laptop was poor condition as it had some liquid damage but to offer me £42 and say it was faulty is absolutely ludicrous! Obviously just trying to scam people out of money."
Hello, so this can be looked into further could you please provide your order ID? Kind regards, mM CS
MusicMagpie is rated 4.62 based on 5,030 reviews