Mortgage Light Reviews

01908 597655

alex@mortgagelight.co.uk

1 Whittle Court,Knowhill,

Tell us how Mortgage Light made you happy
The whole experience with Mortgage Light and in particular Emma and James has been nothing short of exemplary and professional throughout. Great communication and a fast and efficient service. Would highly recommend.
Great service supplied on my recent re-mortgage. James and Emma were very efficient, helping me each step of the way, making sure I ended up with the right product and sorting the process. Will be doing another re-mortgage very soon.
Matthew was extremely helpful and polite! He helped us with any questions almost immediately and was very quick with a result. We were able to get a mortgage offer within a month of applying and we will soon be completing on our house.
Worth every penny!!
Rob and the team have been professional and informative throughout this whole process. Always willing to help with any questions, as a first time buyer I have leant on Rob a great ordeal. Which he has made this process easy, with no stress. Would highly recommend to any first time buyers.
Very helpful. Explained everything in a clear and simple way.
Customer service was excellent. Jordan was extremely professional and friendly. He never made me feel embarrassed to discuss my financial situation and I feel he went above and beyond to find a potentially suitable deal for me
As first time buyers we had little knowledge on how to buy a house and what was involved with it but Mortgage Light helped us throughout the process.Especially James he was brilliant all the way through and was very professional and very friendly and would 100% recommend to anyone looking to buy their first home.
Excellent service, quick response times, very supportive and approachable.
I'm not one to normally leave a review but I came to Mortgage Light by chance as a first time buyer, in desperate need of some help, having been seriously let down by another broker which left us close to losing our dream home. Rob took my call whilst working late one night and by the close of play the following day I had both a decision in principle and mortgage offer submitted; more than what had been achieved in the previous 8 weeks. As a result of Rob's hard work and his willingness to go that extra mile everything is back on track and we're now close to completion. I cannot overstate how grateful we are as a family for what he has done. Given their professionalism and tenacity to get the job done I have also used them for life and critical illness cover. I strongly recommend Rob and Mortgage Light.

Dr & Mrs D.
Natasha has been amazing from start to finish, she has guided me through the whole process and reassured me ALOT! As a complete newbie to the mortgage process and a natural worrier I have not been the easiest client I'm sure, but Natasha has been so patient and understanding.
Natasha has done a great job ,as we are both 1st time buyers it was a daunting prospect but Natasha made it as worry free as possible. Thank you
Brilliant from start to finish!!! We were constantly kept updated with changes and informed of any issues - This made the whole process run as smoothly as possible. Would recommend to anyone and everyone!!
Michael and the team have been brilliant throughout. Michael worked incredibly hard to get us into our dream home.
Fast clear communication with very knowledgeable and helpful staff.
James was brilliant throughout the process, informative and explained everything to so... would definitely use again - thank you
I just wanted to say how extremely satisfied I was with the service I received.
I would definitely recommend Mortgage Light.
Special thanks to Mr.Alex Stoyles and Ms. Kerry McGirr for their invaluable help.
We couldn’t have done it without you!

Sincerely,
Navid
I would really be very happy to say that James Deakin and Alex Stoyles are amazing. Wonderful communication.
Explains very well and very patient towards new buyers.
They are reward to Mortgage Light.

Thanks to both of them.
Explains very well and very patient towards new buyers.
They are reward to Mortgage Light.
Thanks to both of them.
We were pushed to use Mortgage Light through our shared ownership association so went ahead and contacted and scheduled a meeting. In this meeting they had other clients paperwork, bank statements and payslips sitting in front of us all named and addressed that were a 'mistake'. He then had to go and print the ones we had emailed over to him a week prior. Then our payslips and bank statements were gone through in a investigation/interview like manor. With 90% of our outgoings questioned - even things like gym memberships.

The next stage was the mortgage application, this is when the communication became extremely poor. We were told that it would be 'unlikely to be accepted' after the mortgage adviser's own decision to withhold certain information off the declaration. We were put through stress and fear for weeks with very little communication and no answers. It got to the stage we actually called and spoke to the mortgage lender to get answers, and they told us that the situation had been dramatized and that it was nothing that could not be rectified.

Once the mortgage was finally offered we were then told about a fee of £375 we had to pay to them, which is unheard of for a mortgage adviser. What the fee is for Mortgage light had given us all of the wrong information (mortgage term and rate). and still continue to chase us with an expiry date that does not exist.

Would NOT recommend
We were interrogated over our outgoings and why we would pay for what we pay for. Throughout, there was a lack of communication to the point where i lost communication entirely with the advisor and was working through P.A's. It then got to the point where i found myself contacting the mortgage lender directly to receive updates and answers.

Secondly the mortgage advisor unprofessionally didn't declare certain outgoings to the lender almost causing us to lose the offer. I found a lack of quality control and care. Furthermore, we found ourselves in a meeting overlooking other peoples finances and bank statements before we rectified and corrected the advisor that they in fact weren't ours.

As well as this, i later found that we paid mortgage light a fee that they collect from the mortgage company and shouldn't through the consumer. Throughout the experience i was made to feel inadequate and cut off. Congratulations to the P.A's who fulfilled their role and went further.

Would advise not to use.
Mortgage Light is rated 4.86 based on 421 reviews