Mortgage 1st Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mortgage 1st
Read Mortgage 1st Reviews

About Mortgage 1st:

Mortgage & Protection Advisers covering the whole of the UK.

Offering a modern approach to mortgage advice, in that we can deal with the entire process from start to finish via phone and email, there is no need for long intrusive face-to-face sales appointments with us. Within minutes of your enquiry, you will be allocated an adviser who will search the market to find the most suitable mortgage based on your individual circumstances. Mortgage quotes and even a decision in principle can be emailed within a matter of minutes and your mortgage application can be submitted the same day!

lisa@mortgage1st.co.uk

2 Napier Court, Gander Lane, Barlborough

Tell us how Mortgage 1st made you happy
Hollie at Mortgage 1st was amazing! Hollie is reliable, friendly and does her absolute upmost to get you the best mortgage. I can not fault Hollie or the staff at mortgage 1st. I will 100% be using them when the time comes to renew my mortgage
Amazing service right from the start from Andy who was able to help us when we was in a desperate rush to get our offer accepted. We will definitely be recommending him to family and friends
Fantastic service from start to finish. Professional and excellent team. Always on hand to update and answer any questions. Keep up the great work. Thank you Mortgage 1st!
Fantastic from beginning to end. Very efficient and honest even when it wasn’t what we wanted to hear (bank taking so long to allow access to portal) Nikki was logging in at 7am to try and get us the offer we were chasing! Thank you so much for making a very stressful process so effortless for us and obtaining a great rate for us moving forward into our new home! Will 100% recommend to friends and family, we cannot thank you enough
Fantastic service from the start. Great commination, easy to speak to a broker over the phone or email with us all having busy lives. would highly recommend Mortgage1st.
Holly Sims was extremely helpful and knowledgeable in her field. Meetings were conducted on MS Teams, at my request. We went through a few scenarios, with no question deemed silly, and all in all it was a most pleasant experience. We selected a great product! Would highly recommend, and use again!
Holly took the time to really understand our needs, and her team did a great job of organising the mortgage, which went through without a hitch (once I had repaired my credit rating, but that's not her fault!)
Been Using Holly and the team at Mortgage 1st for some time now and can’t imagine using any other broker for my mortgage needs, very professional, efficient and friendly is how I would always describe my experience
Excellent!!
This is the second time I have used Mortgage 1st. They have been really thorough with me and provided clear and transparent advice from the start. My adviser explained the process especially with Covid at the moment. My processor was Becky and she was always keeping me up to date. Ethan there also reviewed my home insurance and managed to save me money. Would highly recommend and look forward to speaking with them again in two years time.
Been using Andy at Mortgage 1st for years, and I honestly wouldn’t go anywhere else for my Mortgage or Insurance needs.

I can always rely on Andy to provide me with concise, trustworthy advice whilst finding me the best possible deals out there.

Thanks Andy 👍🏽
We recently did a remortgage through Mortgage1st, Nikki and Beverly were brilliant. We received our mortgage offer within 5 days & were soon set up ready to complete. We have used Mortgage 1st three times now & will continue in the future. Thank you!
I have just arranged my mortgage through Mortgage 1st, having not moved for 22 years and I have to say the service was outstanding. My adviser responded to all my calls promptly and was very calming. All the processors handled my case well, especially my main processor Bev. Thank you all for making this so easy. I will DEFINATELY be recommending you to all my friends and will be back again in 3 years time without a doubt.
Fantastic service from start to finish. We cannot thank you enough for all your help and guidance throughout what could have been a stressful experience without the calm reassurance and guidance that was given throughout from your team. Thank you Mortgage 1st!
Extremely professional and reliable service. Both my adviser and case manager were happy to take the time to update me - nothing was too much hassle.
I had few adverse credits and the advisor spent 2 hours over the phone going through my case and then he promised me to come back in 48 hours . After 3 days I rang him to ask for an update and then again on the 4th day I rang him again and then he indicated me a lender he may go to but then I had to tell him the lenders criteria and he said he will check and come back to me , again I had to chase the advisor and which point he said they did a soft credit check and it failed. Now after one week when I checked my credit report there was no credit check carried out and the advisor was lying!!!!!! Very very poor...never trust them again....
Hi Vijay

Very interested to read your review which we would welcome discussing in more detail if you would like to get in touch with us directly?

After speaking to the adviser and reviewing the file I can see that you emailed the adviser on the 16th of October letting him know that the property you wanted had been sold - This email seems quite contradictory in tone compared to your review as in it you wish him well and thank him for all his time and help looking at a mortgage for you

I can also see from the advisers call logs that during the 5 days from your initial enquiry being received to you advising you had missed out on the property he had 7 separate telephone conversations with you – including as you stated one that lasted for nearly 2 hours and also answering and dealing with calls from you on a Sunday.

I also have a copy of the decision in principle which was declined by the lender which I can happily forward on to you if you wish to get in touch – please note it can take a number of weeks for this to show on your credit file depending on which credit search provider you are using, but I believe you were advised of the decision result as soon as it was received by your adviser

I completely understand your frustrations at not being able to get a mortgage due to your own adverse credit rating but also feel that the review you have left is borne out of those frustrations as opposed to being a true and factual reflection of the service you received from Mortgage 1st

Many thanks
Would highly recommend Mortgage 1st and Natalie Ellis who have provided me with nothing but outstanding customer service when sorting out a mortgage for me.
Nothing has been to much trouble and Natalie has provided me with regular updates and information that I’ve needed making the process fast and stress free.
Highly recommend Edward Peters and this company as your mortgage broker! Great communication and professionalism. The same day I filled out the enquiry form I had a call back from Edward and after an initial phone conversation to discuss our situation etc and go through the current market rates, we had a decision in principle back within 24 hours. After we had an offer accepted on a property, Edward was helpful in making sure we had the right documents together before processing our application with the bank to help speed things up. Our contact Chelsea Hitchen (Mortgage Processor) was also really helpful and always quick to communicate with us. Our mortgage was processes with the bank in about a week so really impressed with the turnaround.
A first class service from the beginning of my application to getting my mortgage approved, nothing was too much trouble for Natalie who dealt with my case, her communication throughout was first class with regular updates. I would highly recommend Mortgage 1st to all my family and friends.
Mortgage 1st were able to obtain a mortgage for mr after my current lender refused to lend me more. Oliver Page was excellent in knowledge, communication and advice. Sarah Cave ensured my mortgage was processed quickly and kept me informed at each stage. Both did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances (COVID)
Fantastic service. As someone who hates having to deal with financial things Oliver made everything straight forward and easy. Always felt like I had his attention even though the pandemic meant I didn’t get back to him for 4 months at one point. Will certainly be using again!
Mortgage 1st is rated 4.97 based on 178 reviews