Mazuma Mobile Reviews

returns process
Easy
Read Mazuma Mobile Reviews

About Mazuma Mobile:

Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy
Very disappointing experience. They changed me £120 for screen replacement of Galaxy A5 2017. Firstly, they did not send me a link for the parcel liable I had to get I touch twice to get it. From the day it was sent to the day I got it back it took 7 days! Which is just way too long. Once I opened the phone, the glue was sticking out all around the screen and the screen was not attached fully. You can see gaps at the edges of the screen where it was not sealed. The sticker they put on the back of the phone also left a lot of residues. Overall, a very disappointing experience.
Offered £60 for my s7, was in perfect condition no Mark's or problems. Then get an email today to say it has screen burn and offered £5. Dont think so!!! Avoid at all costs. Would not recommend!!
Scam, say price promise then highlight chips even though the chips were highlighted before quote, £160 to £40, business is built on them hoping people will just say somethings better than nothing, avoid, you won't get what you are quoted
Similar story to those below, I was offered £105 for my iPhone 7 in perfect working order when sent. On receipt they offered £40 due to "Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required." I told my OH and he had exactly the same message when selling his phone to them last year. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!! They are total time-wasters!
Fantastic service! I have been using Mazuma for over 10 years, and they have always been really good! yes you can get more money from ebay, however once you have taken ebays and paypals fees into account, the amount you get from mazuma is +- £20. Coupled with that most times I have sent my phone in, Mazuma pay very quickly. Great service!
Same as everyone else. I needed to get rid of two old iPhone 5s, one admittedly with a dodgy home button, but the other one was alright with some scratches. Original total offer of £25 was bumped down to £5 because of a yellow mark. I won't lose sleep over £20 as my phones were just lying around the house anyway, but would advise you to sell the phone yourself if you want to make more money.
Sent a perfect condition Samsung s8 plus, instead of £120 they offered £45 .Hopefully I get it back in 1 piece Waste of time and effort.
Same story as everyone else I’m afraid. Stay away from mazuma. Sent my Samsung s8 to them. Offered 120 then received an email saying it had been reduced to £20 for Ghosting on the screen. I knew there was no ghosting so asked for the phone to be returned. I then sent it to another company who offered me the full amount and actually paid me it! No problem at all with ghosting on the screen. Stay away!!!!
Sent iPhone XR off was quoted at £310 and got offer of £30. When I received the phone back I took it to iPhone care shop for it to be looked at and the advisor said there was nothing wrong with the phone with 0 scratches. Never using these again! I urge all that have had dealing with the clowns to report to trading standards
I sent a s8 phone off, it was in perfect condition, was given 20.00 not the 100.00 as it apparently had screen burn. I have used them a few years back and had no issues at all. Having read all of these reviews, there seems to be a theme, screen burn being one...
£160 quoted £65 offered? disappointed!! Wouldn't use! Saying there was screen damaged when I had a glass screen protector on the phone since the day I brought it so I'm not sure how all of a sudden there is "Damages". CEX looked at the same phone and offered me almost triple...CEX even mentioned there was NO damage to the screen! Looks like I'll be using them for my sale!
Same experience as other reviewers. Perfect condition iPhone 7 sent but they say screen is cracked (absolutely not) and want to reduce offer to £20. Time wasters.
Sent my iPhone 5s in to them in immaculate condition. Since received an email stating there is Yellow mark on screen and needs new lcd screen! Rubbish! Amended offer is £5. It appears that this has happened to a few people in last couple of weeks. Used them previously with no problem. I have requested phone be returned.
Sent my phone off to them declaring screen damage and was offered £85. They received the phone and claim the screen has screen burn which is nonsense. They are sending phone back and will use Samsungs own recycle company which offered more. I have always use Mazuma for past 10 years. Seems like they have gone right down hill. Wont be using them again.
They will lie about the condition of your phone. Avoid at all costs and sell your phone yourself!
Avoid this company especially if you don’t want to get ripped off! I sent in an iPhone 6s in perfect working order, no scratches, no faults etc but according to Mazuma it needs a new LCD screen due to black marks being visible. I asked for evidence which you’d think I’d asked for someone’s first born child! Twice I had to chase to get this evidence and eventually I was sent a picture of a phone with a smudge on it. I provided Mazuma with photos I had taken which show no black marks or faults and they were rejected because apparently only their camera can show faults, no other cameras can do this. Absolute con artists
Thieving scumbags need investigating
I sent my phone to sell which was quarantined because it was on contract with EE. Followed the process provided by Mazuma team and got it all cleared from Checkmend and third parties. Paid the £10 admin fee for them to return the phone via special delivery which took 6 working days, (it took me 24hrs to send via post office special delivery at a cost of £7.50). However, when the phone in its original box arrived I noticed they had peeled off the label on the back of the box which states the Imei, serial number etc. Strange activity, and all I need to know is why? And they never once ask if the phone is in contract, except if it’s locked or unlocked and on what network. It’s in the small T&Cs which a lot of people will miss like myself and I take full responsibility of my ignorance. Then they charge £10 admin fee to release the phone. Haha exploiting the vulnerabilities of customers via marketing the easy sell/buy process. These flaws can be removed from their business model but then again charging £10 admin fee is good for the business. Ethical? LOL
Send three phones S8, S6 and iPhone 6s off to Mazuma after being valued at £220... All in mint condition to receive an email now offering me £50 - Screen burn, Really!! What a joke!! Do not use stay well away ..
Fuming!!! Sent a pristine iPhone 8 to them packaged in original box, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a plastic envelope. They claim the screen is cracked! WHAT? Now taken £200 off price or I can have Bach a cracked iPhone, REALLY??
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.19 based on 203 reviews