Mazuma Mobile Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
02AM
2AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

customer service
Returns & Refunds
returns process
Easy
"Please avoid this company. I was quoted £205 for a 128gb unlocked iPhone 7 Plus in fine working order with only light scratches to the screen. They did process the phone in a timely manner, but have just contacted me to say the quote is now £75. This is based on the screen apparently being 'cracked'. As many others have said, I sent my phone in bubblewrap and a tightly sealed protective envelope. This is very concerning and I am now hoping to recieve my phone back quickly."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I am very grateful to this site and honest reviews. I sent my iPhone SE to Mazuma after getting an online quote of £60. It was received on 26th September. Four days later I received this email:"Apple iPhone SE 64GB Unlocked classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Yellow mark in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required. Halo" I was very shocked. Having by then seen the reviews on this site, I didn't engage in any discussion but asked for the phone to be returned which it promptly was. Today I took the phone into a local dealer. On inspection he said it was clean and in good condition. He gave me £70 and seemed pleased with the purchase - as was I! I'm not sure what we can do about what seems to be very dodgy practice? Except advise people not to use Mazuma."
"After reading the reviews here, I was 99% convinced I wasn’t going to get my money or that my phone would be declared damaged. I sent my phone by special delivery. It got delivered the next day, with an email confirmation. After 2pm had past, I contacted Mazuma using the online chat on their website. Chatted with a representative who said the order might not get processed today as they are experiencing delays. After a few harsh words, I said I would wait until the next day. To my surprise, I got an email later that evening to say the order had been processed and got my payment within a few minutes of the email, as quoted earlier. No issues. The reviews here were so off putting, I had actually convinced myself they were going to scam me but my experience was totally the opposite. Knocking off one star because of the unnecessary stress from the online chat but I guess they were playing it safe. Overall, very satisfied with my experience."
"Not the company they used to be. Offered a slightly higher price, then said the screen was damaged, it wasn't. Got it sent back and got the full offered price elsewhere. They are scammers. AVOID"
"They lie about damage. Phone has a screen protector on it which was chipped. They offered me 65% less. Declined it and got my phone back and sent it to another site for the correct amount."
"I was offered £225 for my pristine condition rose gold iPhone 8 64gb I sent it in and was told 2 days later they could only offer me £70 because the phones screen was cracked. I sent the phone in the original box and a padded envelope. The box would have had to been stamped on to break the screen. I told them to return my phone after rejecting the offer. Now I’m panicking because I’m worried I won’t get it back after reading these horrific reviews. The complaints email they gave me doesn’t work either. I’m contacting trading standards tomorrow as a matter of principal. My phone was in pristine condition not even a minor scratch on the screen or the back. How are they getting away with this it’s terrible. If we all complain to trading standards something will be done. DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR PHONE OR DEVICE THEY ARE THIEVES."
"All recent reviews are exactly what has happened to me in my experience. Sent Apple Iwatch in perfect order, no issues (other than a chip on the frame which I declared online). Firstly they took 2 weeks from actually sending receipt of product email, to getting back to me with a LOWER offer, due to apparent crack on the screen. 100% not true, sent item in original box very securely. Declined the lower offer, and have still not had my watch back, and have not heard back to 3x emails to them. Simply do not have time to spend 30+ mins on hold everytime. I will use a previous users advice and invoice them for my time spent chasing them for breaching contract as well as report to trading standards."
"Scammers!!! Sent a perfect I phone 7 was told we would get £115 got an email to say the screen is poor condition and they offered us £40!! No way was it damaged in anyway -- ask to make a complaint told no you just email customer service! Disgusting company will not accept their offer nor use them again"
"I sent a perfect Iphone 7 plus that was unlocked as I bought it sim free. They offered me £220 but then I received an email knocking off £10 as 'The phone was locked to EE'. Utter rubbish!!. I contacted them but they insisted it was locked. I also contact EE who told me no way was it locked to them. However Mazuma would not listen. I eventually accepted the lower offer but had to contacted them to get my money. Will not use them again !!."
"Scamming scum, Sent my practically brand new galaxy s9 plus 128gb to them offered £230 probably could have got more elsewhere but they seemed quick easy and had good reviews. I got a email telling me my phone had screen burn and they could only offer £65 I worked as a repair technician for a long time and I know it was in full working order funny how magically when they get it there is a problem... it was well packaged so for it to have been damaged in transit is highly unlikely, I did a quick internet search and this scam seems to be a running theme with this company hoping you will accept the lower amount , I have demanded my phone be returned, many people have said when they have their devices returned they are covered in scratches and are damaged or tampered with. If this is the case when I get my phone back I will be taking legal action against them I have photos and videos of my phone before I sent it Customer service is rude and unhelpful and deliberately avoided answering questions Avoid these scum at all costs"
"Dont bother with this waste of space company!!!Sent an iphone 7 plus to them with valuation of £190.. Took them 3 days to email me telling me my phone was faulty offering £60 i refused and demanded they sent my phone back.... They ignored my emails and never answered calls.. They said my screen was faulty and needed replacing.. phone was perfect condition.. came back with screen and casing scratches.. Also it came back in a plain white box not the original iphone box i sent it in.. now my phone is valued at just £100 due to the damage they did.. Robbing scamming company.. and thats being polite.. Dont waste your time !!!"
"Hi I’ve had exactly the same problems as other offered me £595.00 for my phone they didn’t pay out and then offered me £200.00 for it saying screen was cracked and I knew it wasn’t took them over a week to respond and ignored my emails .When I finally received my phone it had scratches on which I can’t prove also it was in a plain white box with I phone 6 instructions stay away from this company at all costs I used to rate this company highly no more they are scum"
"If I could give less stars I would ! Highly recommended to not use Mazuma Mobile to sell anything. Sent my phone in perfect condition (no cracked, broken, shattered screen) (function and power worked like a brand new phone) only selling because I had an upgrade and didn’t need it anymore. As it was only the I Phone 6s plus which isn’t exactly a new phone anymore I only got offered £95. To then get an email a week after I sent it for the price to have dropped to £40 because of ‘distorted display’ and ‘de-laminated screen. DO NOT USE MAZUMA MOBILE, they lie and have no experience in customer service !!"
"I sent in my Iphone XS Max 512Gb unlocked which was in immaculate condition with all accessories on a Thursday. Recieved notification they had recieved said phone on the Friday 8.20 AM (24 hrs later) so expected payment that day. By 6.00 PM NO PAYMENT RECIEVED so I called Mazuma and after 30 Minutes of being on hold, managed to speak to someone who had said their warehouse had been inundated with orders so their was a backlog. promised I would recieve payment Monday Morning. Monday Mornbing came and went so rang them Monday Afternoon, To be told item was in recieved status, I then asked why, then was told usually in recieved status for this long if their is an issue with phone. To which I then argued the Phone was in mint condition, still HAD screen protector on just in case of any damage during transit. Was then promised payment by 4.00. 4.00 Been and went, still no payment. I then RANG again and after being on hold for another 40 Minutes, Spoke to someone else and proceeded to tell me their must be somethjing wrong with phone as still in received only status. I then told them if they did NOT pay me ASAP I would 1) Charge them a late payment fee of £20 as they are now in breach of contract 2) Their would be a charge of £8.00 per day from today to pay for admin IE Calls and email and my time doing said calls and emails 3) after 1 week would inform police of theft of device as technically I had sent them an item but they (Mazuma) have failed to honour agreement and had 'Taken' phone under false pretences. While I was saying all this to customer service team, all of a sudden status had changed to processing then whilst i was still on phone, payment had gone through for full amount. Shame it took me to threaten Mazuma with legal action to get paid. If they had kept their promise and agreement as stated on their web page it would have been 5 stars, Moral of Mazumagate, dont let them under price you or keep your phone. Threats seem to work!"
"Absolute con sent my iPhone 8 in with valuation of £215 and ticked minor scratches due to being used, to receive an email saying we have revised your offer to £30 due to crack on rear. My phone never had any cracks at all when I sent it in? Have requested my phone to be returned, not yet received it back and complete waste of my time!"
"On the phone to them but I was put on hold for over an hour and it still haven’t been answered to yet. Phone was received 2 weeks ago as stated by post office track and trace but they said they only just received it. Bumped my price down from 100 to 25 because of a little scratch in the top corner. DO NOT SELL TO THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL SCAM YOU !!!!!!"
"Used Mazuma before and never had issues. Always have my phone in a cover with a screen protector on so when I upgrade it has always been in great condition. Was offered £215 for my iPhone 8 so sent it off last week and hadn’t heard a thing! When checking online it said it has gone down to £80 but not revived an email or any correspondence to tell me why. I rang them and was on hold for over 15minutes on a few occasions so I used the online chat and was told that my screen had a crack so the offer was revised. I have pictures of my phone before sending it and can assure anyone that it has no cracked screen!! It was perfect so I told them I want pictures of this and my phone sending back to me. They told me they would send pictures by email but still waiting! Been back in touch to be told it’s still being tested and that’s not the final decision and they are busy because they have been busy because the new iPhone 11 has come out. This is but acceptable! Feel like I’m being fobbed off and they still have my phone. Will be getting in touch with the police and trading standards."
"DO NOT TRUST... TRADING STANDARDS NEXT STEP. I chose Mazuma for the fast turn around time and good offer price for my reasonable condition iPhone 8 Plus. Supposedly payment the day they receive the device. Wish I hadn’t. I downloaded the labels and sent the phone by next day special delivery at my own cost. They received the phone Friday Morning at 8am. It is now 7pm Monday evening and I still have not received any email saying they have had it or any payment. I have called and used live chat a couple of times only to be told it’s showing as waiting inspection in the warehouse and they have a back log.Could have sold this phone privately quicker. UPDATE. I have just spoken to someone on live chat and then on the phone.... live chat inform me my phone is still waiting to be checked and I will received my "revised" offer later today which I can accept or decline. Pre planned revised offer? (Perfect phone apart form a few light scratches which is how I've described it.) Then they said apologies for the delay and please give them until later in the week!! I then decided to call, and was again told its just showing as status received. What's going on? If this is resolved today then my review will improve if it isn't then official complaint. Update. Surprise surprise.....offer lowered to £110. Apparently a faulty LCD screen. Now... I bought this phone as a "like new" from O2 3 weeks ago. I then decided I was a little bulky so bought an iphone x instead... right up to the day I sent it off to Mazuma I used it, in a case, with a screen protector on. Absolutely nothing wrong with it bar a few light scratches from removing the screen protector. This i put in the valuation description. I then bubble wrapped it, and then wrapped in in a wadding of soft cloth before boxing and sending. There is no way it is faulty. I hope it comes back to me exactly how I sent it... I am contacting trading standards... this afternoon, I will not be conned."
"I have just phone Mazuma to see the status of the 2 phones I sent in a week ago as no money has apperared in my account yet. Phone 1 is a Galaxy S8 which they valued at £135, they said this is currently in the post back to me as there is a google account on the phone, I cleared it back to factory settings before sending it so not impressed there, phone 2 is a galaxy S6 which they offered £40 for, they said that has been reduced to £5 due to a screen burn which, and I quote 'cant be seen by the human eye!' theiving bastards! I told them to send it back to me. Stay well clear and take previous posters comments on board and go to a local electronics dealer"
"Same poor review as a lot of other people on here, sent an iPhone 5S which was in perfect condition only to get an email saying "Apple iPhone 5S 64GB Unlocked classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Yellow mark in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required." They then offered me £5. This is absolute garbage as the phone was in near perfect condition. I have now told them to send me it back to me. Do not trust these people, I wish I had read these reviews before sending the phone."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.17 based on 139 reviews