Mazuma Mobile Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
08AM
8AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy

Over a week
Returns & Refunds
returns process
Easy
"Excellent service got best price and amazed how quick and professional the process is. I got paid within 24hours of sending my item. I used a different company few weeks ago the magpie one. Took 5 days for payment and original offer was refused. Mazuma have done me proud highly recommend them. O and they gave me a £20 discount on a purchase. World class Mazuma."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"This is the 2nd time I’ve used Mazuma to trade in my phone. I posted on sat morning and the promised cash was in my bank by 5pm on weds. Great service"
"I sent 2 phones last week and they were received yesterday. I received an email today telling me that my payment had been processed and I would receive my payment today. It arrived into my account tonight and I'm very happy with the service I've received from Mazuma."
"Sold my phone with no issue regarding offer price being altered. Sent in a Samsung S9 and got the full amount quoted. Only issue I had was the delivery time. Due to the amount they receive it took almost a week for the phone to arrive - hence only 4 stars. However once it did I got a notification letting me know and payment was made that same day. After reading the reviews I was concerned but for my experience it was all fine."
Delivery
Information
Price
"Super service, love them"
"Sent phone in two weeks ago. Heard nothing for more than a week. Tried to phone almost every day no one answers. Several emails no one answers. I am writing a letter tonight"
"Shambolic thieving bastards clearly earning money from lying and being desceitful. The phone I sent was perfect and then I get this email!!! Your device has arrived with us completely soaked in what seems to be washing up liquid. Its both inside and outside the bag and has soaked the device which now wont charge. This is how the parcel has arrived. The images are dated and timed which we can show to prove what time we opened the packaging for when the mail came in. Our only offer is £10 and if we are filing a claim with Royal Mail, they can only pay us up to £10 and you’ll only get half of it. If you are not accepting the claim and the £10 currently, we will just return the device back to you first thing Monday. Kind Regards, Elmer Baybayon"
"Sent in iPhone 6 64gb, in perfect working order. About five days after phone sent received email explaining the price was being reduced to £22 due to "white dots on a white screen". What a load of rubbish, called them up asked for the phone back, which two days later I did receive. Went to my local CEX store, had the phone checked and guess what, "it was fine" and I received £91. What ever you do, take your electrics to a local store and have them valued, do not, I repeat do not put in the post for these companies to lie and rip you off."
"Shocking service apple tested my phone less than a month ago , no issues, Mazuma dead pixels multiple issues and the list goes on so 400 down to 110 all I can say is thieving cheating bastards clearly struggling themselves"
"Same as everyone else unfortunately. Galaxy note 8 went it with a tiny scratch on back only to be told I have multiple dead pixels and screen burn. I had this phone tested elsewhere looking for best prices and not one of the other 3 companies said there was anything wrong with this phone. Mazuma definitely needs looking into as it is one big scam site now."
"I sent back a Phone 5s in good working order. It had no issues and always had a protective case and and screen protector on it. They offered £25 for it and that was fine. I have just received an email saying the screen has a problem and needs to be replaced? Total nonsense. It was in perfect working order. After looking at the other reviews I’m seeing a pattern here. They quote and you send them the device. When they have it they then contact you and claim it has issues and you accept a lower cost. This is something I’m going to talk to trading standards about."
"Stay away!!! I was offered £410 for my iPhone X 64gb.. I state the screen had some scratches but had a screen protector on it!! Mazuma claimed when they got the phone it had broken screen!! They offered me £80. I said the screen was fine when sent off I then ask for the iPhone X back that was 3weeks ago still no phone no money and no reply back from them! They even sold it and not willing to give me the money and keeping all of it or they have lost it and hopefully I go away!! We I won’t I want my phone back or the £410"
"Sent my phone to Mazuma in fully working order, had a small scratch near the home button and that was it. They offered me a ridiculously low price so I asked them to return the phone which I had sold elsewhere. When I received my phone I had a huge scratch across the screen and lots of other small scratches and scrapes across the top. Completely unacceptable, thought by using Mazuma I would be safeguarded against things like this but apparently not. When speaking to a customer service agent they said I could return the phone to them!? Definitely feel like they damage your phone so you will send it back and they can have it for a low price. Luckily I took photos (which are dated) before I sent it off as I wanted to put it on eBay and see if I could get a higher price! Scammers!!!!"
"I WISH I had have read reviews online about this company before sending them my phone. It seems like everyone has had similar situations! I sent my iPhone 6, worked fine, and they agreed a £50. I thought that was a bit cheap but 🤷‍♀️ Sent it to them anyway as I never used it. They then emailed saying the screen needed to be replaced so they’ve reduced the price to £18. When I called to get some sort of explanation I was told by a rep that the issue was an internal problem with the screen that’s why the proof I have wouldn’t matter as it wouldn’t be a noticeable problem from the outside. Absolute joke 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ DONT waste your time with these guys, absolute scam. Read the reviews and do your research, if you have a working phone they’ll make up something to reduce the price next to nothing. Useless company."
"I wish I read these reviews before I sent my phone to Mazuma apparently my phone has screen burn so they have dropped the price of my Samsung Galaxy 8+ from £160 to £55! What! Its perfect it's been in a wallet for two years I have asked for a return I hope they do nothing to it don't use these cowboys..."
"I would give this service zero stars if I could. Where to start. First off, upon sending my phone through at an agreed price of £120, Mazuma deposit just £70 into my account with zero communication, due to a small scratch on the top left corner of my handset...DESPITE Mazuma claiming on their site 'No Deductions for Wear and Tear or Hidden Costs - We pay 100% of Website Value' - what a load of rubbish. I knew I could get more money for the handset than £70 so Mazuma agreed to return my phone to me, and I returned the paid fee. Next thing I know is that my handset doesn't turn up in the post. Cut a long story short, 1 month later, the handset still hasn't been found, I'm going round in circles with customer service, and a measely £35 has been put into my bank account as a claim made by the post office for my lost phone. Not only am I majorly out of pocket BUT I don't have the handset back either. Was promised to be put in touch with someone more senior, and never received a response. WILL NEVER use this service again. Utterly awful. Despite Royal Mails issues, Mazuma should and can afford to reimburse me for my trouble. Sick of fighting a never ending battle that another big company will just get away with."
"Sent a 64GB iPhone 8 Plus. Got quoted £270. It has now dropped down to £40 because of a hair line scratch on the back, that you actually have to tilt in the light to see. Okay drop it down a bit but as that is the only issue on the phone don't then drop the price down by £230. Vodafone directly offer you a trade in service and quoted £182 because of this so called "Crack" and apparently it is dead. It 100% isn't i was using it up until yesterday. This company used to be so good, now they are just taking the mick out of people left right and center. God knows what condition my phone will be in when they eventually send it back. STAY AWAY go direct to your phone providers most let you trade in now. Should point out that even if you go in and say it has multiple scratches it still says they offer you £270. This is a quote on their website "Unlike many other recyclers, our prices are guaranteed rather than 'up to' prices. Provided your device is received as described, you'll receive the full value. Please see our Price Promise for more details" Price promise my donkey!"
"The staff were extremely rude. Once I’ve accepted the offer I still haven’t been paid now no one is explaining what’s happening"
"Sent my nigh perfect Galaxy S8 into them for £169, they immediately dropped the price down to 125 because of a "deep scratch" on the screen. Funny how I never noticed it. So they return it, and there right in the middle of the screen, is a scratch that wasn't there before. THEY have scratched the device when I asked for it back! They're a scam, don't use them."
"Sent my galaxy s8 plus only to receive a fault email telling me the phone had screen burn! When infact the screen is perfect, looking at historical complaints this is a common theme to deceive and rip off customers."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.16 based on 119 reviews