Mazuma Mobile Reviews

returns process
Easy
Read Mazuma Mobile Reviews

About Mazuma Mobile:

Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Avoid these scammers. Was offered £180 for a near perfect iPhone 7 with no issues. Spent £7.35 on sending it special delivery. On receipt they reduced the offer to £70 due to 'dark marks on camera'. Camera was perfect. Needless to say, i asked for a return. Total waste of time. Try elsewhere.
If i Could go less than 1 star i would. I sent 2 phones valued at 200.00 each in perfect condition. I have the photos to prove this. I received an email saying they are scratched and damaged and we will give you 70.00. I refused this. mazuma are trying to blame the royal mail and want me to claim, they say royal mail be responsible for the damage when even after Mazuma returned the phones the outside of the boxes are in perfect condition........ explain this!!!!! I have sent more emails than i can count and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this and each time i get the same answer......Claim from Royal Mail. i dont want to claim from Royal Mail as they are not responsible for the damage, you are. The photos i have before sending and the fact the boxes are immaculate proves this, it speaks for itself and proves that the damage to my phones was done whilst the phones were in your care. You take peoples phones and cause damage and refuse to accept responsibility. As a result i have lost 400.00. I am utterly disgusted with the way people have spoken to me, with the correspondance...... Mazuma in case you dont believe me I have recorded every single conversation.....
Sent my iPhone 5s in to them in immaculate condition. Since received an email stating there is Yellow mark on screen and needs new lcd screen! Rubbish! Amended offer is £5. It appears that this has happened to a few people in last couple of weeks. Used them previously with no problem. I have requested phone be returned.
Have used this company several times in the past with no issues sent iPhone 8 Plus off had email at 10am this morning to say they’d received it so where’s the same day payment ? No communication whatsoever shall not be using their services again after reading some of these reviews absolutely appalling service !!! MAZUMA what’s going on ????
i sent them an Apple i-phone 8 64gb..i was offered £286.bare in mind this phone was unlocked and in great condition with ony a hardly noticeable scratch on the back.On receiving the phone they then offered me £255 and then on inspection£186..because they said it had a DEEP SCRATCH on the back.This was utter rubbish and i contacted Mazuma Ripp Off to tell them so.They didnt really care and i have asked for the phone to be returned.This company are making a fortune by offering you silly money for your phone by making up fictional and exagerated defects on your phone hopeing you will except stupid money for it and the selling it on their Market Place for double the money.
If I could give a no star rating I would , I am so angry for the second time I've sent off a perfect working phone after agreeing the price of £215 for my galaxy s8 only to be told it has screen burn the same as my galaxy s6 and said it's only worth £30 . Mazuma is a joke and to be avoided at all cost.
No stars!!!!!!Sent a perfect phone away to be told by email that my£220 quote is now £48!. Due to a cracked screen, have asked for it to be returned but am panicked about the damage Royal Mail or Mazuma have caused my phone!
Sent my Galaxy S7 edge to them with an offer of £135 only to be told the LCD needs replacing so they will offer £25....I don't think so! I've asked them to send the phone back to me as I know for a fact its on perfect working order as it has been protected from day one in a hard case.....absolute waste of time, wouldn't touch them!!!!! Steer clear....scammers
Same scenario as everyone else perfect Google pixel not even a scratch quoted 110 just got email offering 15 said detective LCD screen on white background. I did wonder why their quote was about 30 pound more than everyone else!! Time wasters and scammers
Please avoid, I sent them a Samsung Galaxy S7, less than 13 months old, perfect working order and they tried to claim that the screen was discoloured so they would not have to pay the full, original quoted price. There was nothing wrong with it. I had it sent back and then sent it to Samsung Recycle, who accepted it as working, and with a better quoted price than Mazuma. Funny that. There are better companies who will try not to scam you like Mazuma did. Mazuma will not be getting my service again.
Offered me £30 for an iPad Air 2, reduced from their quoted price of £120, due to (you guessed it) “Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required.” It was in perfect, mint condition when I sent it to them and I’m willing to bet that I will see no evidence of this supposed defect when my item is returned to me. This seems to be a running theme with Mazuma nowadays, they will look for any reason to offer you as low a price as possible, even to the point of lying about the defects, despite the fact their website literally has just two criteria: working or faulty. Utterly appalling business practice that is as close to thievery as it gets. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally avoid this company, give your business to someone like musicMagpie or your network provider’s own phone recycling option, hell even eBay is a better alternative. Anything else is better than supporting these deceitful crooks.
Mazuma mobile does not deserve not even a single star. They are bloody opportunistic crooks. For my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, they quoted £345 online and sent me verification of this via email. I hand delivered my device which is less than a year old and has been kept in a heavy-duty case from new. Below is the exact message they subsequently sent me by email: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950F 64GB classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Imprint burn in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required. Obviously, I was livid because I knew they were lying. These guys are arrogant lying thieves and should be avoided like the plague!!! DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!!!
Just got an email saying my iPhone 7 plus is faulty and it has a defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background, and needs new display. The phone was immaculate and there is no problem with the display, not sure how white marks would show on a white background anyway. Offer went from £300 to £120. I believe Mazuma have made up this fault to reduce the price offered. I have requested that they return the phone and I will sell it through a reputable dealer instead.
Same as everyone else. I needed to get rid of two old iPhone 5s, one admittedly with a dodgy home button, but the other one was alright with some scratches. Original total offer of £25 was bumped down to £5 because of a yellow mark. I won't lose sleep over £20 as my phones were just lying around the house anyway, but would advise you to sell the phone yourself if you want to make more money.
Same experience as other reviewers. Perfect condition iPhone 7 sent but they say screen is cracked (absolutely not) and want to reduce offer to £20. Time wasters.
Avoid this company especially if you don’t want to get ripped off! I sent in an iPhone 6s in perfect working order, no scratches, no faults etc but according to Mazuma it needs a new LCD screen due to black marks being visible. I asked for evidence which you’d think I’d asked for someone’s first born child! Twice I had to chase to get this evidence and eventually I was sent a picture of a phone with a smudge on it. I provided Mazuma with photos I had taken which show no black marks or faults and they were rejected because apparently only their camera can show faults, no other cameras can do this. Absolute con artists
Same as people below. Offered £150 online for an iPhone 7plus, when they got the handset they claim that there are deep scratches on the screen and the offer was reduced to £55. I only took the screen protector off of the handset the day that I sent it to them so I know that this is not the case. This is the second time that they have done nth is to me. Avoid
Same problem as others. Sent iPhone 7 Plus off in immaculate condition and they devalued by £100 due to a hairline scratch on the screen. Told them to return the phone to me. Absolute con, recommend others not to use this company!!
Was in the Apple Store on Regent Street buying a new phone when I inquired about a trade in with Apple directly. The gentleman serving us told me that the handset (iPhone 6S) was "in mint condition" but was only able to offer me GBP40.00 I quickly sent a request to Mazuma which came back with GBP65.00 so I politely declined Apple's slightly less, but more genuine quote and decided I would use Mazuma. Long story short, I received an email shortly after sending them my handset that the offer was no longer GBP65.00 and would now be GBP25.00 as the handset's unlocked status was "poor" (whatever that means) and that the camera had a crack! Absolute joke, the phone I repeat was in mint condition and was in a case from the moment the phone was first unpacked. I called and someone by the name of Benjamin did say that these instances do occur so he manually rejected the GBP25.00 offer so that my phone would be returned to me and said that they would seek damages against Royal Mail. I followed up a week later only to be told by Victoria that they are unable to raise a claim with Royal Mail as the packaging upon arrival was not damaged. There is no resolution or offer to help, just a very insult to injury-esque "sorry" but nothing else can be done. Honestly, it's quite clear from all these other reviews that these guys knowingly offer more attractive prices so as they ultimately end up being chosen for the trade-in but then use untrue and ghastly excuses to undercut someone, who's handset they are in the possession of. It does make me wonder if perhaps damage is caused intentionally? We should all raise a legal case and investigate whether there have been any whistle blower cases recorded as these con artists should not be allowed to continue doing business. As per everyone else here, wish I had read these reviews first!
£255 offer , explained there was wear and tear on side with slight scratches came back with screen burn ?? What ever the hell that is ? Even though just been to three who offered me £170 and said it was perfect, rang them asking what it is and I want proof .. still waiting on my photos ?? Really bad service AVOID
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.19 based on 207 reviews