Mazuma Mobile Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
06AM
6AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

customer service
Returns & Refunds
returns process
Easy
"Avoid these scammers. Was offered £180 for a near perfect iPhone 7 with no issues. Spent £7.35 on sending it special delivery. On receipt they reduced the offer to £70 due to 'dark marks on camera'. Camera was perfect. Needless to say, i asked for a return. Total waste of time. Try elsewhere."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"If i Could go less than 1 star i would. I sent 2 phones valued at 200.00 each in perfect condition. I have the photos to prove this. I received an email saying they are scratched and damaged and we will give you 70.00. I refused this. mazuma are trying to blame the royal mail and want me to claim, they say royal mail be responsible for the damage when even after Mazuma returned the phones the outside of the boxes are in perfect condition........ explain this!!!!! I have sent more emails than i can count and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this and each time i get the same answer......Claim from Royal Mail. i dont want to claim from Royal Mail as they are not responsible for the damage, you are. The photos i have before sending and the fact the boxes are immaculate proves this, it speaks for itself and proves that the damage to my phones was done whilst the phones were in your care. You take peoples phones and cause damage and refuse to accept responsibility. As a result i have lost 400.00. I am utterly disgusted with the way people have spoken to me, with the correspondance...... Mazuma in case you dont believe me I have recorded every single conversation....."
"i sent them an Apple i-phone 8 64gb..i was offered £286.bare in mind this phone was unlocked and in great condition with ony a hardly noticeable scratch on the back.On receiving the phone they then offered me £255 and then on inspection£186..because they said it had a DEEP SCRATCH on the back.This was utter rubbish and i contacted Mazuma Ripp Off to tell them so.They didnt really care and i have asked for the phone to be returned.This company are making a fortune by offering you silly money for your phone by making up fictional and exagerated defects on your phone hopeing you will except stupid money for it and the selling it on their Market Place for double the money."
"If I could give a no star rating I would , I am so angry for the second time I've sent off a perfect working phone after agreeing the price of £215 for my galaxy s8 only to be told it has screen burn the same as my galaxy s6 and said it's only worth £30 . Mazuma is a joke and to be avoided at all cost."
"No stars!!!!!!Sent a perfect phone away to be told by email that my£220 quote is now £48!. Due to a cracked screen, have asked for it to be returned but am panicked about the damage Royal Mail or Mazuma have caused my phone!"
"Sent my Galaxy S7 edge to them with an offer of £135 only to be told the LCD needs replacing so they will offer £25....I don't think so! I've asked them to send the phone back to me as I know for a fact its on perfect working order as it has been protected from day one in a hard case.....absolute waste of time, wouldn't touch them!!!!! Steer clear....scammers"
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect Google pixel not even a scratch quoted 110 just got email offering 15 said detective LCD screen on white background. I did wonder why their quote was about 30 pound more than everyone else!! Time wasters and scammers"
"Please avoid, I sent them a Samsung Galaxy S7, less than 13 months old, perfect working order and they tried to claim that the screen was discoloured so they would not have to pay the full, original quoted price. There was nothing wrong with it. I had it sent back and then sent it to Samsung Recycle, who accepted it as working, and with a better quoted price than Mazuma. Funny that. There are better companies who will try not to scam you like Mazuma did. Mazuma will not be getting my service again."
"Offered me £30 for an iPad Air 2, reduced from their quoted price of £120, due to (you guessed it) “Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required.” It was in perfect, mint condition when I sent it to them and I’m willing to bet that I will see no evidence of this supposed defect when my item is returned to me. This seems to be a running theme with Mazuma nowadays, they will look for any reason to offer you as low a price as possible, even to the point of lying about the defects, despite the fact their website literally has just two criteria: working or faulty. Utterly appalling business practice that is as close to thievery as it gets. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally avoid this company, give your business to someone like musicMagpie or your network provider’s own phone recycling option, hell even eBay is a better alternative. Anything else is better than supporting these deceitful crooks."
"Mazuma mobile does not deserve not even a single star. They are bloody opportunistic crooks. For my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, they quoted £345 online and sent me verification of this via email. I hand delivered my device which is less than a year old and has been kept in a heavy-duty case from new. Below is the exact message they subsequently sent me by email: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950F 64GB classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Imprint burn in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required. Obviously, I was livid because I knew they were lying. These guys are arrogant lying thieves and should be avoided like the plague!!! DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!!!"
"Just got an email saying my iPhone 7 plus is faulty and it has a defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background, and needs new display. The phone was immaculate and there is no problem with the display, not sure how white marks would show on a white background anyway. Offer went from £300 to £120. I believe Mazuma have made up this fault to reduce the price offered. I have requested that they return the phone and I will sell it through a reputable dealer instead."
"Sent my galaxy s8 plus only to receive a fault email telling me the phone had screen burn! When infact the screen is perfect, looking at historical complaints this is a common theme to deceive and rip off customers."
"Same as everyone else, my phone had been reset to factory settings by Samsung. The rep there said it was in mint condition and could expect £80 to £100 for it. Mazuma offered £73 for it, today I've been told its faulty and could only offer me £7. What a complete rip off. Go elsewhere, my husband is a solicitor and I am considering legal action."
"Like everybody else on here, this company is an aboslute scam, I sent in a perfect condition Samsung Note 8 which was quote value of £260, then they revalue it at £110 saying there is issue with burn screen which there is not. I will ask them to return it back to me and will go elsewhere. Complete waste of time."
"Avoid! Same as everyone else here, I had the standard response for my s7 - offered 110 then got an email after they received it that due to lcd screen burn the offer has been reduces to £16. What a total waste of time, as if I'd actually accept that blatant scam. Awaiting return of my phone and next time I'll just sell privately seeing as these people are just con artists."
"Used them several times before, always excellent service. Just sold a galaxy S6 and surprise surprise like everyone else, the sale was amended due to screen burn. Rubbish, there was nothing wrong with it. I can only assume the company that took them over in 2018 are the cowboys and brought a once excellent firm to its knees. Very sad. Avoid them."
"Sent away an immaculate note 8. You couldn't tell it apart from a brand new one. Had an email saying it needs a new lcd because of screen burn in. Total scam I don't know how they're still trading."
"exactly the same ....phone perfect and offered £230....told cracked and offered £60.....its just come back perfect...criminal behaviour and should be looked into by trading standards"
"Exactly the same as the other reviewers, sent a perfect s8+ phone away in it box last Thursday to receive an email today saying their £220 quote was now £48! Due to a cracked screen, really panicking about what condition my phone will return in! Does anyone have any advice to what we can do about this?.... wish I'd discovered this page before I sent away my phone to these absolute scammers!"
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect lG G6 not even a scratch quoted £135 just got email offering £30 said detective LCD screen on white background. The phone has had a case and screen protector on since day 1, maybe the model is offer high, go low and hope people agree. Rubbish.."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.17 based on 139 reviews