Mazuma Mobile Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
1 New Reviews Written
11AM
11AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy

"If i Could go less than 1 star i would. I sent 2 phones valued at 200.00 each in perfect condition. I have the photos to prove this. I received an email saying they are scratched and damaged and we will give you 70.00. I refused this. mazuma are trying to blame the royal mail and want me to claim, they say royal mail be responsible for the damage when even after Mazuma returned the phones the outside of the boxes are in perfect condition........ explain this!!!!! I have sent more emails than i can count and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this and each time i get the same answer......Claim from Royal Mail. i dont want to claim from Royal Mail as they are not responsible for the damage, you are. The photos i have before sending and the fact the boxes are immaculate proves this, it speaks for itself and proves that the damage to my phones was done whilst the phones were in your care. You take peoples phones and cause damage and refuse to accept responsibility. As a result i have lost 400.00. I am utterly disgusted with the way people have spoken to me, with the correspondance...... Mazuma in case you dont believe me I have recorded every single conversation....."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Sent my Galaxy S7 edge to them with an offer of £135 only to be told the LCD needs replacing so they will offer £25....I don't think so! I've asked them to send the phone back to me as I know for a fact its on perfect working order as it has been protected from day one in a hard case.....absolute waste of time, wouldn't touch them!!!!! Steer clear....scammers"
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect Google pixel not even a scratch quoted 110 just got email offering 15 said detective LCD screen on white background. I did wonder why their quote was about 30 pound more than everyone else!! Time wasters and scammers"
"Avoid these scammers. Was offered £180 for a near perfect iPhone 7 with no issues. Spent £7.35 on sending it special delivery. On receipt they reduced the offer to £70 due to 'dark marks on camera'. Camera was perfect. Needless to say, i asked for a return. Total waste of time. Try elsewhere."
"Please avoid, I sent them a Samsung Galaxy S7, less than 13 months old, perfect working order and they tried to claim that the screen was discoloured so they would not have to pay the full, original quoted price. There was nothing wrong with it. I had it sent back and then sent it to Samsung Recycle, who accepted it as working, and with a better quoted price than Mazuma. Funny that. There are better companies who will try not to scam you like Mazuma did. Mazuma will not be getting my service again."
"Reduced initial offer by ⅔ due to "screen burn". Requested they return the phone and, surprise surprise....screen is perfect. I wonder how many have fallen for their scam."
"Offered me £30 for an iPad Air 2, reduced from their quoted price of £120, due to (you guessed it) “Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required.” It was in perfect, mint condition when I sent it to them and I’m willing to bet that I will see no evidence of this supposed defect when my item is returned to me. This seems to be a running theme with Mazuma nowadays, they will look for any reason to offer you as low a price as possible, even to the point of lying about the defects, despite the fact their website literally has just two criteria: working or faulty. Utterly appalling business practice that is as close to thievery as it gets. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally avoid this company, give your business to someone like musicMagpie or your network provider’s own phone recycling option, hell even eBay is a better alternative. Anything else is better than supporting these deceitful crooks."
"Mazuma mobile does not deserve not even a single star. They are bloody opportunistic crooks. For my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, they quoted £345 online and sent me verification of this via email. I hand delivered my device which is less than a year old and has been kept in a heavy-duty case from new. Below is the exact message they subsequently sent me by email: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950F 64GB classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Imprint burn in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required. Obviously, I was livid because I knew they were lying. These guys are arrogant lying thieves and should be avoided like the plague!!! DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!!!"
"Just got an email saying my iPhone 7 plus is faulty and it has a defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background, and needs new display. The phone was immaculate and there is no problem with the display, not sure how white marks would show on a white background anyway. Offer went from £300 to £120. I believe Mazuma have made up this fault to reduce the price offered. I have requested that they return the phone and I will sell it through a reputable dealer instead."
"exactly the same ....phone perfect and offered £230....told cracked and offered £60.....its just come back perfect...criminal behaviour and should be looked into by trading standards"
"No stars!!!!!!Sent a perfect phone away to be told by email that my£220 quote is now £48!. Due to a cracked screen, have asked for it to be returned but am panicked about the damage Royal Mail or Mazuma have caused my phone!"
"Exactly the same as the other reviewers, sent a perfect s8+ phone away in it box last Thursday to receive an email today saying their £220 quote was now £48! Due to a cracked screen, really panicking about what condition my phone will return in! Does anyone have any advice to what we can do about this?.... wish I'd discovered this page before I sent away my phone to these absolute scammers!"
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect lG G6 not even a scratch quoted £135 just got email offering £30 said detective LCD screen on white background. The phone has had a case and screen protector on since day 1, maybe the model is offer high, go low and hope people agree. Rubbish.."
"Scammers. Will offer you a good price online. Once they recieve the phone they make up a defect and offer far less. Save time, avoid."
"Just like a lot of people here, I sent my mint condition phone to them and have had a note to say the focus on the camera is faulty. It’s absolutly untrue and now I feel concerned as to what state I am going to get my device in as I have rejected their ludicrous offer. Anybody readying this, for the sake of £10 or so, use another vendor. This is a crooked operation."
"Mazuma a.k.a delaminated screen scam artist I wouldn't waste my time in the future"
"Sent my Note 8 off after being offered £355 for only to get an email stating that the screen was faulty ie got burn in. No it hasn't! It's in perfect condition in fact it's like new, not a mark on it. Offered £135 for it. Not a chance. Having it back & will sell it somewhere else. Funny cos they did exactly the same thing when I sold my galaxy S8 last year & that was fine too. Let it go that time thinking they were being honest. Obviously not. Can't even get their facts right saying it needs a new LCD screen. Funny that because it's actually got an Amoled screen. Total con artists & won't be using them ever again"
"Sent them a perfect S7 that they offered £125 for. Got email saying there's screen burns and they'll only pay £50. The screen was perfect! I've asked for it back, I'd rather chuck it in the bin that let these scam artists make a profit on it. AND even if this lie about screen burn was true, their only criteria is 'Working' or 'Not Working'. If the only problem is screen burn then the phone is clearly 'Working'."
"I've send them my fully working iphone 6s valueted for £175 and they send me the email that diplsy has bad pixels and they offered me £70! Eventualy I got it back and went to mobile shop and they haven't find anything wrong with the phone and offered me £190! I'll never use them again!"
"Gave me less than half I was promised. They quoted me £280 for my iPhone 7 Plus (256GB). I sent off the phone and they revised their quote down to £130 claiming that my screen was "elevated" which is a pure fabrication since the phone was in perfect condition, and I do mean perfect condition. It's hard not to feel slightly ripped off when I could have sold it back to O2 for £250 or to another recycler for £235."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.10 based on 69 reviews