Mazuma Mobile Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
06AM
6AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy

"Awful company.... got a new phone so thought I'd send my old phone in. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. But they came back saying the screen needed replacing and offered me £15. This may I add was a week later. They will try there luck with anyone. Honestly save yourself the hastle and sell it on the high street."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Awful company paid for next day delivery they recieved it that morning with an email letting me know saying I'll receive payment later that day... got to about half 3 didn't hear anything so called up the assured me it would be sent around half 5 so half 5 came and nothing so called again was ringing for 25 minutes in total constantly and no answer then eventually they turn the phones off completely. So next morning get an email saying it's been processed I'll receive the payment today brilliant got to about half 3... nothing so I called again eventually got through yes it's been sent it's down to your bank now spoke to my bank they've not heard anything of it, called back no answer for 1 hour trying to get through so I figured I can dm them on Twitter this is after they still haven't replied to my emails from the first day so thought I'd give it a shot got a reply yes it will be sent around half 5 even though I was told it's been sent which was wrong apparently... it's now 5 and still no sign of any money and can imagine the same will happen again tomorrow, plenty better ways to trade a phone in than through mazumamobile."
"Sent them a iPhone 7 in perfect condition. They emailed me back saying that the screen was cracked and that the price has dropped from £180 to £49. They are trying there luck hoping to get a iPhone for £49. I advise anybody to stay clear from this firm. Go somewhere else."
"Sent my iPhone to them and just received an email saying the screen is faulty !! The phone was in perfect condition before I sent it and I even bubble wrapped it and I’ve never had a problem!! They are cow boys trying to con you out of money !! I will never use them again . Waiting for my phone to be returned"
"Cowboys !! Don't send in any phone still under contract !! They use a company called checkmend.com to all check phones. If your phone has 1 month left under contract, they will quarantine it. There are other recycles who don't do checks !!!! Do some research........."
"Dreadful, sent phone off after £215 valuation. Phone arrived on the Monday morning, no contact whatsoever until I chased numerous times the following day (phone is very rarely answered) despite promises on the website of email confirmation of receipt of phone and same day payment etc. Finally get an email with re-evaluation of £40 due to "Imprint burns" new screen required was an excuse used to drop valuation. Considering I had never noticed an issue and had used the phone until I had sent it off and after a bit of research on the Internet, this seems to be a standard response with android phones and if you send an iPhone, they will claim a raised screen. They offered to send the phone back but without the original box they requested I sent it to them in. Finally accepted offer in order to get the whole ordeal over with. Absolutely disgraceful from start to finish. Do not use."
"What a common topic hotspots or screen burn appear to be. Just had the same reply from mazuma. Sent a Samsung S7 edge. Absolutely mint condition. Has had a screen protector and back case on since new. Told had a hotspot. Price reduced from £120.00 to £32.00. Contacted by phone and requested a return, which I have received today. Also mentioned the condition of the phone and that photos were taken prior to sending, showing their mail package in the photos. Return postage was tracked. BEWARE"
"Exactly the same as many on here...'screen burn' on an immaculate Samsung S7. Reduced their offer from £115 to £21. Scammers and con artists. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!"
"Sent away an immaculate note 8. You couldn't tell it apart from a brand new one. Had an email saying it needs a new lcd because of screen burn in. Total scam I don't know how they're still trading."
"exactly the same ....phone perfect and offered £230....told cracked and offered £60.....its just come back perfect...criminal behaviour and should be looked into by trading standards"
"No stars!!!!!!Sent a perfect phone away to be told by email that my£220 quote is now £48!. Due to a cracked screen, have asked for it to be returned but am panicked about the damage Royal Mail or Mazuma have caused my phone!"
"Exactly the same as the other reviewers, sent a perfect s8+ phone away in it box last Thursday to receive an email today saying their £220 quote was now £48! Due to a cracked screen, really panicking about what condition my phone will return in! Does anyone have any advice to what we can do about this?.... wish I'd discovered this page before I sent away my phone to these absolute scammers!"
"Sent my Galaxy S7 edge to them with an offer of £135 only to be told the LCD needs replacing so they will offer £25....I don't think so! I've asked them to send the phone back to me as I know for a fact its on perfect working order as it has been protected from day one in a hard case.....absolute waste of time, wouldn't touch them!!!!! Steer clear....scammers"
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect lG G6 not even a scratch quoted £135 just got email offering £30 said detective LCD screen on white background. The phone has had a case and screen protector on since day 1, maybe the model is offer high, go low and hope people agree. Rubbish.."
"Same scenario as everyone else perfect Google pixel not even a scratch quoted 110 just got email offering 15 said detective LCD screen on white background. I did wonder why their quote was about 30 pound more than everyone else!! Time wasters and scammers"
"Avoid these scammers. Was offered £180 for a near perfect iPhone 7 with no issues. Spent £7.35 on sending it special delivery. On receipt they reduced the offer to £70 due to 'dark marks on camera'. Camera was perfect. Needless to say, i asked for a return. Total waste of time. Try elsewhere."
"Please avoid, I sent them a Samsung Galaxy S7, less than 13 months old, perfect working order and they tried to claim that the screen was discoloured so they would not have to pay the full, original quoted price. There was nothing wrong with it. I had it sent back and then sent it to Samsung Recycle, who accepted it as working, and with a better quoted price than Mazuma. Funny that. There are better companies who will try not to scam you like Mazuma did. Mazuma will not be getting my service again."
"Reduced initial offer by ⅔ due to "screen burn". Requested they return the phone and, surprise surprise....screen is perfect. I wonder how many have fallen for their scam."
"Offered me £30 for an iPad Air 2, reduced from their quoted price of £120, due to (you guessed it) “Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required.” It was in perfect, mint condition when I sent it to them and I’m willing to bet that I will see no evidence of this supposed defect when my item is returned to me. This seems to be a running theme with Mazuma nowadays, they will look for any reason to offer you as low a price as possible, even to the point of lying about the defects, despite the fact their website literally has just two criteria: working or faulty. Utterly appalling business practice that is as close to thievery as it gets. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally avoid this company, give your business to someone like musicMagpie or your network provider’s own phone recycling option, hell even eBay is a better alternative. Anything else is better than supporting these deceitful crooks."
"Don’t touch them. Reduced my offer to £5 saying ‘raised screen’. Refused to provide photographic evidence I requested. Needless to say the screen was perfect when I sent the phone to them."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.10 based on 68 reviews