Mazuma Mobile Reviews

Returns Process
Easy
Read Mazuma Mobile Reviews

About Mazuma Mobile:

Mazuma is one of the most trusted and longest standing technology recyclers in the UK. With over 15 years’ experience, we buy and sell high quality mobile phones, tablets, smart watches, laptops and games consoles.

Mazuma have paid out over £221 million to over 4 million happy customers.

www.mazumamobile.com.

Customerservices@mazumamobile.com

Mazuma Mobile,
The Old Reebok,
Southgate
White Lund Estate
Morecambe

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy
Sent them 2 iPhones, iPhone 7 quoted £100 and iPhone 8 £140!! Got e-mail saying they had both been downgraded due to screen issues or white bits? They offered £50 per phone!! Called up and queried this and was told that the pixels go over time and cause white bits not visible normally. I questioned their over time theory as one is a year old!! They couldn’t answer! I e-mailed and asked for pics of my phones showing this and I got send some pics of a white screen with something circled that looked like camera flash reflection from photo being took!! Beyond livid!! After speaking to husband we were to worried to ask for phones back incase they came back faulty so we felt stuck!! We ended up feeling like we had to accept! It killed me as we work hard for our things and these phones were being sold to be able to get my teenage kids upgrade for Xmas which now we are down on cost. I know there was not a thing wrong with them!! They were well looked after, had cases and screen protectors on and not a mark on them. Feel totally conned and will not be using mazuma again! They are total scammers!! They quote for it and then downgrade and they classed the phones as faulty!! How on earth are they faulty??!!!! Scammers avoid at all cost, would if gave 0 stars if I could!
Good morning Lisa,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service you received from Mazuma.

Unfortunately, our technicians confirmed a defective screen due to white mark(s) in the display which is usually only visible on a white background. These tend to appear as little white stars within the LCD, it is where the pixel has died and causes it to glow brighter than the rest of them.
Due to the cost of a LCD replacement we were unable to offer you the original valuation price. Unfotunatley, with this type of defect, cases and screen protectors do not prevent this from happening as it is something the device does itself.

A photo was provided to you showing the white mark down the right side of the LCD screen.

We give all customers the opportunity to reject if they are unhappy with the amended price. We are sorry that you felt as though you were stuck when it came to making a decision. All devices are returned in the same condition they are sent to us in.

If you would like to discuss this further, please contact a member of our customer service team on 0345 872 3000 or alternatively you can email customerservices@mazumamobile.com
Mazuma Mobile.
mazuma offered £45 for pixel 2. offer reduced to £2.50 offer declined. they then spoke to my wife and offered £5 my wife said that should be fine but did not know i had asked for phone to be returned. they had no right to go ahead without talking to me. i have asked to have phone returned.
Good afternoon Steve,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear about this. We have listened back to the call that was made to your wife and we can confirm that your wife was asked whether you would be happy for her to discuss this on your behalf as you were unavailable. She stated yes. Based on this our team proceeded to discuss this further with her. The £5 was offered based on a recycling fee as the device had failed as it would not reboot which would deem this as unusable. I believe a colleague is looking into this for you to resolve this and will be in touch shortly via the email you have submitted.

Mazuma Mobile.
Offered £45 for a Samsung Galaxy S8+ in poor condition. Went through the hassle of mailing it off and the revise offer to an insulting £10, which I obviously rejected. Time-wasting company (not to mention needless carbon footprint from postage!)
Good afternoon Edward,

Thank you for your review.

I can see your order has been flagged for a no power on fault. Devices are charged for up to 3 hours before they are classed as a no power on fault. Your device will have been on charge for this amount of time. As the device does not turn on we have amended it to reflect this being £10.

As for the packaging. We are currently working hard to change the current packaging we have to be much more eco friendly. This will hopefully be rolled out by the end of the year.

Mazuma Mobile.
Sent perfect condition mac book and got offered £50 and advised screen protective film was peeling off, asked for it back, screen is fine, what are you guys on about? waste of my time!
Robbing cu*ts they offered me 50 for my Xperia xz3 .went to fonebank and got 140 for it. You would have to be desperate to use mazuma avoid like covid-19
Rubbish sell to music magpie instead these get your phone then make out its broken and offer you so much less, bunch of rip offs reported to watchdog
This company will rip you off my wife just sent her iPhone x in was overed £250 and they offered £80 said the camera didn't work and the there was a problem with the screen bot of which are not true. There are other companies out there don't use MAZUMA!!!
Good afternoon,

I can see your order has been flagged for a nongenuine touchscreen and for black marks within the camera which is a common defect within iPhones.

We can see you have accepted the amended amount and payment will be made today.

Mazuma Mobile
Used twice now and both times after u have sent my phone they take £100 off for something like a faulty speaker. Will not use again. Terrible!
Good afternoon Keith,

As per the email sent to you, it does state that our technicians found a faulty top speaker. This would have been found by using the internal software on a Samsung which is *#0*#, you can test the speakers through this.

I can see you have accepted and payment will be made today.

Mazuma Mobile.
Offered £65 and sent mobile. They put £5 into my account. Do not touch with a bargepole. Scammers. Notifying trading standards. Dont believe the adverts
Good afternoon Steve,

Thank you for the review.

A mistake was made on our behalf, which you raised and was rectified via our conservation on email.

Due to your device having screen burn, we would be unable to pay the full amount for your device as the LCD screen would need replacing. Screen burn appears within the LCD layer of the device (this is the pixel layer underneath the glass on the front). This can come in two different forms, an imprint or a glow. The most common imprint we tend to see if of the keyboard as this is the most common function used on a mobile phone. It can also come in the form of a red glow which appears around the edges of the screen. Screen burn is where the pixels create a ghost like imprint that remains even after the on-screen content has changed or moved. This is mainly visible against a white background. This can present itself in 3 different levels.

Mazuma Mobile
Wouldn't use again. Sent an iphone to them. Heard nothing for a week then it randomly gets posted back to me. No explanation as to why. Emailed and no response. Waste of time
Good morning Emma,

Thank you for the review. I have looked into this for you and the device was returned to you as we were unable to obtain the IMEI.

The IMEI of the device tells us all the information we need to know, so therefore we would not accept any device which we cannot receive it from.

I can see someone replied to your email yesterday, however they received no reply when they asked for your order number to look into the matter,

Mazuma Mobile
Sent an iPhone X in perfect condition and quoted £300. Received an email to say there are black dots and white background. This phone was immaculate. When queried I was told it could be dust. I requested photos before I reject! Clearly a common lie from them seeing as I’ve seen lots of other reviews stating the same thing. Awaiting a further e-mail with photos.

Thank you for your review.

A photo will be provided to you within 24 hours.

Mazuma Mobile
They’re chancers. Seller beware.

My wife sold her IphoneXS in mint condition and was offered £270.

Call this morning offering £110 because of “black dots on camera” when photographing a white background.

100% untrue. Have sent evidence over to them that this is untrue as I took a picture of a white pillow last week when organising a refund for that.

Funnily enough they are now “reviewing” but I wouldn’t touch Mazuma with a barge pole.. Unbelievably shady.
Good afternoon Allan,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the decision made regarding your device. Every device that we receive is thoroughly checked by our technicians, if it doesn't meet our grading criteria the price, we can offer you a lower price. Unfortunately, your device was found to have a faulty camera due to black marks within the camera lens. These tend to appear as faint black ink marks when holding the camera against a white background. They appear prominent on a white background than they do against a colourful background.

A picture has been provided of the black mark to your partner. The pictures that were provided from your partner were not clear enough to show the black marks as they were dark images. The image of the food covered up where the black marks was.

This is now being dispatched back to you.

Mazuma Mobile
Sent 3 items, and surprise surprise, 2 items were devalued, white dots apparently on the screen of an I pad mini, so £10 sir! There were no white dots on it when I powered it up to delete the contents.
I phone 6, £35 on line but guess what, There’s a fault, it will not power up.
That’s interesting, as it did when I deleted the contents. That will be just £5.00 sir!
So have requested the phone back, but I realise that if it’s going to come back, I wonder if it gets a revisit to the test bench for some voltage up “it’s input socket”.....just to help it on it’s way and ensure it never works again!
Please don’t cut and paste a reply that reads the same as all the replies, I know the rules of the game now.... “in order to make money, get the interest , get the product in, and be sure that it’s got a fault....Simples.”
Good morning Ivor,

Thank you for your review.

I have checked your order and can see our technicians confirmed a defective screen due to white mark(s) in the display which is usually only visible on a white background within the iPad mini 2. These tend to appear as little white stars within the LCD, it is where the pixel has died and causes it to glow brighter than the rest of them.
Due to the cost of a LCD replacement we were unable to offer you the original valuation price. I can see you have accepted this and it has now been paid. I can also see that your iPad Air was paid in full with no amendments.

The iPhone 6 was flagged for a no power on fault. Our technicians put all devices on charge for up to 3 hours. If the device does not power on after this time frame it is classed as a no power on fault. Due to the age of the model issues like this can occur if the device has had excessive. We can only grade devices as they are received and in your case, the device does not power on. This has been rejected and will be dispatched back to you within 5 working days.

Mazuma Mobile.
Sent my samsung galaxy s8+ was told i would get £110 phone was sent in original packaging and in excellent condition. When they recieved the phone i was told it had level 2 screen burn so thry would offer £40 which if course i rejected. 24hours later i get a phone call saying they would offer a £30 travel pack and £60 for the phone. Which i have rejected again. Now hoping they send the phone back within 7 days in the same condition sent.
Going through the reviews it seems alot of customers have had the same thing happen with the same problem diagnosed on their phone.
Good morning Amy,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the decision made regarding your device. Screen burn appears within the LCD layer of the device (this is the pixel layer underneath the glass on the front).

This can come in two different forms and imprint or a glow. The most common imprint we tend to see if of the keyboard as this is the most common function used on a mobile phone. It can also come in the form of a red glow which appears around the edges of the screen. Screen burn is where the pixels create a ghost like imprint that remains even after the on-screen content has changed or moved.

This will be dispatched within 7 working days and you will receive an email update once dispatched.

No stars 18/08/2020 Wish I had read the reviews first. Quoted £140 for a Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB 2 years old in immaculate condition. I kept it in D30 Gear4 drop tested case with a screen protector.

I received a revised offer of £40 on the 17/08/2020 due to "level 2 screen burn" mainly visible on white screen, surprise surprise. I rejected this offer and was contacted via a phone call the day after and offered £70. Which I also rejected. I now have to wait 7 working days for my phone to hopefully come back in the same condition I sent it.
Good afternoon Andrew,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the decision made regarding your device. Screen burn appears within the OLED layer of the device (this is the pixel layer underneath the glass on the front).

You can read about screenburn online as this is a very common defect within Samsung devices due to the OLED screens they use,

Please note a case would not have prevented the device from screen burn as this is something the device does itself.

Mazuma Mobile.
Same as all negative reviews below was meant to receive £180 for our Samsung Galaxy low and behold they tried to offer me £40 claiming it has screen burn absolute rubbish 24 hours later I receive a call they will up the offer to £80 hilarious similar with my iPhone to claiming was something wrong with the camera I know there is nothing wrong with these phones what’s worse is they have kept the original boxes and I’ve had to wait till 11 days to receive my phones back I’m fuming I called about this and was told we do say not to post them
In original boxing yet they don’t send adequate boxes just a silver envelope to post phones In will never ever use again !!
Good morning Jemma,

Screen burn appears within the LCD layer of the device (this is the pixel layer underneath the glass on the front). This can come in two different forms and imprint or a glow. The most common imprint we tend to see if of the keyboard as this is the most common function used on a mobile phone. It can also come in the form of a red glow which appears around the edges of the screen.

This can present itself in 3 different levels.

In order for us to allow the team more space to work, all packaging is separated from devices upon receipt. If for any reason a customer’s device is to be returned, our team will try their best to return original packaging/accessories where possible. If they are unable to do so, we do ensure that all devices are packaged and fully protected for transit before they leave.

When a pack is ordered from ourselves, we do provide the external packaging. IT does state within the packaging instructions that it's down to yourself to provide the internal packaging and that we do not recommend sending original packaging but ensure that it is protected for transit.

Mazuma Mobile.
I sent my Samsung Galaxy S8 to Mazuma after being quoted 95. They have emailed me today saying the price has been reduced to 25 because of screen burn. There was no screen burn when I sent the phone to them.
Good morning,

Perfect phone sent, even verified by carphone warehouse as perfect condition. Quoted 140 then offered 40 due to apparent screen burn. Asked for proof this funny enough was stalled at coming through. I asked for a photo with my imei showing on the screen and funny enough I only got a pic of a random phone with no imei proving it was mine. When questioned all they said was well we’ve sent a second photo and no idea why that email hadn’t arrived. Total liars, do not use them. Shocking staff with no morals.
Good afternoon,

A photo was provided to yourself of your device. When you locate an IMEI number on a Samsung, the background of the IMEI is black, which would not show the screenburn clearly as it is visible on white that colour.

Phone sent away in perfect condition. Kept in case with screen protector as long as I’ve had it.
Got an email saying there was an issue with the screen and reduced the price to £5.
Absolute jokers. Avoid at all costs.
BEWARE do not use...
Sent my iPhone 7plus quoted price £160, picked up by DPD next day received an email saying cracked screen price reduced to £55 (my phone was not cracked and was in a very good condition) then had someone phone me saying they can offer £80 for it.. I asked for pictures of this cracked screen and got sent a corner of a cracked screen, asked for the phone to be returned and it is definitely not the condition it was sent in.. I am literally gobsmacked and how this company can get away with this.. I’m reporting to trading standards.. shame on you Mazuma Mobile
Good morning,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience with us.

Once the devices enter the warehouse they are checked by our technicians and this is where the crack would have flagged up. A crack could be anything from a 1mm crack to the entire screen shattered, however it would result in the touchscreen needing to be replaced which is why you received a revised offer.

A second technician checks every phone again, whether you have accepted or rejected, in order to see if we can offer anymore money for your device. In your case we were able to, which is why you received a second offer.

Within our warehouse the floors and workbenches are covered in rubber matting and no tools are used on devices. As well as this once the devices are removed from the packaging it is delivered in, it is wrapped in bubble wrap to be safely moved around the warehouse.

The way the phone is protected within our warehouse, it is highly unlikely that the device would have been cracked whilst with us.

If you wish to discuss this further please contact a member of our customer services team at customerservices@muzumamobile.com

Mazuma Mobile is rated 3.22 based on 594 reviews