Marshalls Plc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Marshalls Plc
Read Marshalls Plc Reviews

About Marshalls Plc:

Marshalls is the UK's leading hard landscaping manufacturer and has been supplying superior natural stone and innovative concrete products to the construction, home improvement and landscape markets since the 1890s. Our name has become synonymous with quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, whilst also caring for the environment and communities in which we operate. We believe that the better our environment, the better we can be; we strive to create products that improve our landscapes and create happier and healthier communities.

For direct support with your Marshalls order or products, please use the Live Chat on our website (www.marshalls.co.uk/homeowners) or call the Customer Helpline on 03714542173. Both are available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk

Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 2nd June 2021
Eddie, Leics.
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 2nd June 2021
Eddie, Leics.
Very disappointed with Marshalls. Installed the Arrento Silver exactly as described, onto a mortar bed, and using the External Jointing Grout to finish, but we now have horrendous white staining coming through the joints every time it rains. Marshalls technician came out, said it is all installed fine, but what we had was efflorescence (salts) naturally coming through from the mortar bed. He had no idea how long it would keep going for, and he advised me to get a 'squeegee' and keep pushing the water away when it rained. I wasn't told that when buying the paving or reading the installation guides. The patio has falls to the front wall, which has the Nero Quartzite walling installed. The salt has now destroyed this, and it no longer glimmers in the sun. The technician left, promising follow up emails and advise of products to use to help to clean the salt staining, but a week on, nothing. We have spent £££'s on their product, but just get fobbed of with corporate spiel. They show the Arrento in situ while is is wet, never dry and stained. Still, as Marshalls said, just keep busy with the squeegee
Hi Neil, Thank you for taking the time to submit your review with us. We take all feedback seriously and I have looked into this particular incident and I can see that we are currently completing our site visit report, which will be sent to you in writing, by the close of business tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and co-operation whilst we investigated this matter. Thanks, Charlotte
I ordered 30 something square metres of porclein tiles.... you would think that a pallet with a batch number on would be the same as the other pallet with the same batch number..but no. Not only where 8.5 square metres not the same number and a different colour, they weren't even from the same country! My tiler couldn't believe it! After complaining about this and waiting a week for the reply I was told this was acceptable. It obviously costs to much to sort this out so I have been fobbed off by Mattew Marshall who should know better. Absolutely disgusted by the wholw saga. If I could have given ) stars I would have.
Not received a delivery date for my order. Unable to give RATE. Please give me a status report of my order L. John
Still waiting for my delivery
Hi Peter, I'm sorry you haven't received the delivery yet. I've been informed by the sales team, that this will be with you tomorrow. Thanks, Jacob
A week late, zero communication about the delay, false promises of delivery. Delivery truck did not have the right equipment and needed my help to push the pallets and could not get them on to the curb. Complete dogshow. I should have read the reviews before ordering. I will not be making that mistake again.
Hi, we would like to apologise regarding the recent issue with your delivery. We take all feedback seriously and have passed this review onto our customer services and delivery communications team to ensure it doesn’t happen again. Many thanks, Jacob
Ordered 4 packs of blocks only had 3 delivered and no one contacted me to tell me this was the case, I had to chase all the time and then in the end cancelled the order.
Phoned us up the night before delivery stating our block paving order had not made the warehouse. We are still waiting for an update and our delivery still hasn't arrived.
Order No. X1058524 I had conversation on Friday 9th April 2021 with a lady from your Consumer Sales Office who said that I would be credited for the damage of 2 Paving Slabs.. There has been nothing credited to my Credit Card Account nor have I received a cheque through the post. So I can only assess your sales performance and credibility as poor and unreliable D. Atkinson
Told it would arrive at 1230-230. At 330 I called again and was told it was on way and the lorry was tracking nearby and would be arriving 4-5pm. At 545, no reply at call centre. At 556 pm the online tracker said it had been delivered at 1709hrs - It has NOT been delivered. Called and lady said that Logistics and Management had gone home so will have to wait for them to review tomorrow. Not impressed at all.
Hi Paul, we are really sorry about the recent issue with your delivery. We would like to look into this and come back to you directly, please send your order details to Delivery.Communication@marshalls.co.uk, so that we can do this. Many thanks, Jacob
I ordered 5 pallets of paving for around £1600+. I paid by card and then was contacted to say payment cant be verified so i paid immediately by bank transfer and waited for card payment to come back. I had a pallet left over so I called to ask if it was possible to be returned, I was told there would be a £75 charge for collection which i accepted not a problem. The pallet was collected and Its been around a month + ive been chasing them and communicated with 2 different staff, I then emailed the customer service email address and keep getting told theyre waiting on finance. Now I've stopped getting replies. Its such a shame because this final bit has ruined the experience. £250+ in these current times is a lot of money and its unfair they treated me like this.
Hi Razwan, we're extremely sorry to hear this. Please could you email your order details to orders@marshalls.co.uk, so we can investigate this further from you. Thanks, Jacob
Waited in all day for delivery and no show or contact. Phoned earlier in the day to enquire about delivery time. Told I’d be called directly by the people delivering as it was not possible to make contact. Very disappointed and don’t know when the delivery will happen. We have people lined up to lay the paving....
You gave me a delivery date of 1st of April, I heard nothing from you so I rang to chase my delivery and you hadn’t saved my stock in error. I had landscapers and building equipment hired and booked in from the 2nd of April I had to cancel this and lost money. You never contacted me and you still have not arranged my new delivery date. Very disappointing after spending a considerable amount of money.
Very Chaotic! Confirmed Order delivery date one day prior to expected date to get guys on site. Shortly after got informed that order is split and will arrive over the next two days. So far so good. On the day when order should have arrived, nothing arrived, had 4 guys waiting on site all day. Was told it should arrive by mid-day, then on next call that i wont until the next day. Was told twice that i will be called back with more info, that didn't happen. 3rd time round i asked to complain and was told the responsible person will call me, that didn't happen either. Next day one delivery arrived and it took them about 3 hours to find out if the other charge was coming that same day which eventually happened. Flags are alright, service and performance not so much! Cost me a lot of money having the guys expecting a delivery that didnt come. would not recommend based on personal experience.
Accountability??? You have to make sure the companies you use and the businesses you partner with are doing their best for you and your business? This is by no way a name and shame but I felt this needed to be shared. I’ve been a Marshall’s registered member for the last four or so years and had nothing but poor communication ect ect the list goes on!!! I had a company profile set up on the marshalls website with pictures of our work and believe it or not another company’s work on our profile I’ve been trying to get this work taken off our profile page for the last three years and spoken to three different reps and a commercial sales directors about taking these pictures off, with one just last week!!! My point is if it’s not working for you as a business remove the problem to say I’m disappointed in Marshall’s paving is an understatement (talk about no accountability) The plus side is as soon as I cancelled my registration within an hour my profile on the website which I’ve been needed updated has been removed. Marshall’s I wouldn’t recommend you to my worse enemy!!!
Hi Patrick, thanks for your review and for the call with Dave too. Our Register Members are very important to us and we’re sorry that you feel we missed the mark on this occasion. There are many benefits to membership beyond the profile so if you do feel you’d like to re-join at any time then please let us know, Viki
Late delivery, did not return calls
One of the packages from Marshall’s arrived damaged. The tub was cracked at the base , the package inside was also damaged leading to the slurry powder escaping.
Product - patio slabs- took weeks to be delivered and they were broken and too damaged to accept delivery when they did eventually come. Had to chase several times to get my money back. Never again !
Apalling service. I ordered 4 pallets (360 blocks) of croft walling. I was given a delivery date a week later so I prepared the ground to build the wall. At 3.15pm the day before delivery I received a phone call to say that only one pallet could be delivered and that the rest would not be available until 7weeks hence. Was the stock not checked when I ordered? I am now left with a lawn covered in soil and bags of gravel and sand waiting to complete the job. I cancelled the order and are now using a different company.
Terrible customer service
Hi Chris, we're sorry you've had an unpleasant experience. Please could you let me know your concerns so I can pass it onto the relevant team. Thanks, Jacob
Delivery lorry damaged our garden wall, footings and pavement causing me a lot of extra expense which Marshall’s claim they are not liable for. So a very bad experience for me.
Marshalls Plc is rated 4.54 based on 626 reviews