Marshalls Plc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Marshalls Plc
Read Marshalls Plc Reviews

About Marshalls Plc:

Marshalls is the UK's leading hard landscaping manufacturer and has been supplying superior natural stone and innovative concrete products to the construction, home improvement and landscape markets since the 1890s. Our name has become synonymous with quality; supplying prestigious landmarks such as Trafalgar Square, whilst also caring for the environment and communities in which we operate. We believe that the better our environment, the better we can be; we strive to create products that improve our landscapes and create happier and healthier communities.

For direct support with your Marshalls order or products, please use the Live Chat on our website (www.marshalls.co.uk/homeowners) or call the Customer Helpline on 03714542173. Both are available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk

David Sedgwick
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 29th May 2020
Rob McCallum
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 25th May 2020
We used a Marshall's installer 'Tidybricks' of Cardiff, and are very happy customers. We were extending an existing Marshalls stone patio and our installer, Scott, could not have been more helpful, skilled or diligent. We now have a super set of 3 patios and have been enjoying the good weather outside! Thanks to Scott and Marshalls.
Thanks Blair for such a great review, enjoy that patio this summer!
they sent me wrong product, black instead of grey, i called them at least 7 times and never got proper reply, whats annoying no one take respsibility, everyone pick the phone and know its mistake they made they tell you "its sales department" or "its customer service" amanda handled my case, omg, she doesnt reply to her email, i call in the phone, her colleage sent her emails friday with super urgent to call back monday, came monday tuesday no one back to me.
i really didnt expect such a low service and irresponsible
We are really sorry for your experience, this matter is being looked into by the relevant departments. We would like to assure you we take all issues seriously and this is being treated as a priority.
I was disappointed that my delivery details were not taken into consideration. My property has a shared gravel driveway on a slope, inaccessible to a tail lift and trolley. I requested the pallets be craned into my front garden instead. My previous purchase had been delivered this way, and and it was necessary to do so again. However, the courier arrived with standard tail lift and pallet trolley, and told me he had had no instruction or communication of my delivery requirements from Marshalls. We struggled to unload the pallets at the bottom of the drive, where I then needed to unpack and individually move the 60 paving slabs (nearly two tonnes) before my neighbours who share the driveway returned from the shops. I still need to move them up some steps and across the garden to where I asked them be delivered to begin with. Needless to say I am disappointed, as Marshalls mistake will cost me a vast amount of time and physical effort.
Hi Jonny,
We are extremely sorry for your experience, please could you provide your name, contact number and an order number to - grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk and we will forward your information to our Transport Department, to investigate further? Thanks, Charlotte
We are sorry to hear that your delivery from Marshalls didn’t meet your expectations. We use a variety of vehicles to make deliveries and not all of these have hydraulic cranes. We will take your feedback on board for future deliveries to other customers
Appointment for a paving quote was arranged with " Dor" the boss.
Informed that it would be for Thursday 1st. October and hewould arrive between 4pm - 6pm. This we accepted. No one turned up ! No one contacted me to even tell me they were running late. I thought I had been reasonable enough to accept a 2 hour window in the first place. At 7pm I get a call saying they had been running late all day. They will not be getting my business.
Beware the Marshall’s certified installer scheme is absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction or quality.

After almost two years of emails, solicitors letters and a £2k expert report we are now in the process of issuing court proceedings against a Marshall’s certified driveway installation company based in Devon. We spent over £15k on a driveway that has been deemed not fit for purpose by a civil engineering expert witness as it does not follow building regulations or Marshall’s and industry guidelines. The problems we are experiencing range from scraping the underside of our vehicles due to poor layout, subsidence, and ineffective drainage. The Marshall’s resin coated Argent pavers are also breaking up as a result of the poor installation. The expert report importantly revealed incorrectly installed sub base and materials. The Marshall’s representative in our area was not at all helpful in fact quite the opposite. He did not remain impartial in an effort to resolve and rectify the situation but instead took the side of the installer from the outset even though the issues were clearly visible. This has left us with no option but to pursue through legal action in an attempt to recover the cost of re-installing the driveway and mounting consequential losses. The quality of workmanship and materials being used is clearly not being effectively monitored by Marshall’s and it would appear from our predicament that anyone even without the necessary skill and experience can be a Marshall’s installer as long as they use Marshall’s products - Beware, better still avoid!
Hi, all our staff endeavor to be polite, honest and equitable in any dealings with customers, we are sorry that you feel this was not the case. We are aware that there are legal proceedings ongoing between yourself and the contractor and therefore we cannot comment any further.
Pre-ordered product at the start of August had 6 pallets delivered told the next six were being made at the end of August, phoned up only to be then told end of September, phoned at the end of September to be told realistically looking at the middle of November.
If I had known at the start I wouldn’t have ordered🤬
So now my drive is half finished so thanks Marshall’s. The website is still showing incorrect information with unrealistic delivery dates and is mis-leading customers which is contrary to trading standards.
Avoid!! Overpriced for low quality products that don’t look like the sample pieces. Recently ordered from a Marshall’s registered dealer- Porcelian vitrified paving in colour Arrento Bronze after seeing the sample which looked almost a chocolatey brown kind of shade but when the paving slabs were received they did not look anything like brown but looked rather like a cheap concrete grey slab. Marshall’s don’t want to take responsibility for the misleading colour of the swatch and the actual product itself.
Hi, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. We take all quality issues very seriously and we would like to discuss this further so we could rectify the issue. Please could you send your email address, phone number and order number so we can look into this for you. You can either email grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk or send us a private message.

Extremely disappointed
We order 6 pallets only to receive 5, after weeks of back and forth, we were promised delivery on a set date for the remaining pallet for it not to turn up.
We had arranged for our contractor to come twice to install but had to send them back and were charged for a days labour when no works were done as the materials had not arrived as per the delivery dates set.
The customer service team do not exists - they have sent me from pillar to post.

No replies to emails, no answer to calls, no call backs.

Absolutely astonishing how a company this large operate.
Hi, we're sorry to read this review and would like to look into this for you as a matter of urgency. Please can you email your details to customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk with your postcode and telephone number. Thanks, Jacob
I could speak to customer service and get all the information needed to complete an order. The team kept me informed of progress and even made a free of charge replacement for a few defective stones. Everything was done to plan and with courtesy and efficiency.
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 1st September 2020
Thanks for your review , the wall looks great! We are glad you are pleased with it.
Terrible customer service. I purchased marshalls 5 wall veneer packs & associated copings (£1450). The walling packs are only sold as a complete no worry packege including adhesive & primer. When unpacking I found that only 1ltr of primer was in the whole package & the primer was out of date. For the last 2 weeks both my merchants & I have been repeatably in contact with marshalls to request an adequate qty of indate primer- over a week ago i spent an hour on the phone explaining to your technical support team the content requirements of your own data sheets that 1ltr of primer would not cover 14m2 of surface. We had repeated promises that I would be sent adequate qty of primer - the walling job has been stopped for 2 weeks & no primer in sight.
I planned to use marshalls products on 3 other patios & paving areas I have grave doubts on using marshalls products again after this shambolic service at your premium prices.
Hi Les, we're sorry to read this review and would like to look into this for you as a matter of urgency. Please can you email your details to customeradvice@marshalls.co.uk with your postcode and telephone number. Thanks, Jacob
After being in the paving industry for over 30 years I was excited to have the opportunity to install the new Marshall's driveline drain,after only using aco drains in the past, first thing I noticed was the robust construction of the units, the installation was simple and straightforward the units are easy to handle and install to a string line, they are supplied with all the accessories you need to connect to existing drainage or soak away installs,we installed the charcoal drains on a pennant grey and charcoal border Driveway which looked really good when finished they blended into our installation fantastically, we will be incorporating the new driveline drains into all our future installations, Thank you Marshall's for bringing something new into the market which makes our installs definitely more pleasing to the eye. 👍
Regards Brian BR paving.
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 25th August 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 25th August 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 25th August 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 25th August 2020
Thanks for the great review Brian and for the photos too - we're really glad you found the drainage easy to install. It looks great on this project!
We have just installed a new drainage product from Marshalls and the quality of it was second to none I can see this being a big hit with the customers as it seems to go well with most products that we install now! Thanks for the great service as always
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 24th August 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 24th August 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 24th August 2020
Thanks for the review and the photos, we're glad you like the drainage - it looks great against the granite paving
We have finally completed our drive with Marshalls Drivesett Edging & Drivesett Savannah, looks amazing! Great quality & a great look, thank you.
Thanks for the great review, enjoy your new driveway!
Customer service was friendly and efficient.
Avoid Marshalls products at all costs. Pavers have not lasted well depsite being "top quality". Rust stains and flaking coming out.

When called to see if I could buy replacements, told, I need a full pack and they dont do the size I have any more! Awful company with awful product.
We’re really sorry that you have had issues with product purchased from us, it is important to us that our customers know that we are here to support them. Whilst we’re unable to supply the original sized paving to you, our technical team can look into the issues you raise. Please call them on 03704 112233 or email grouptechnicalservices@marshalls.co.uk
With lockdown looming in March 2020 it provided the perfect opportunity to devote the time to working on revamping our back garden. The garden slopes up from the house, so extending the patio area meant moving back earth and building a retaining wall. Also, after demolishing an old pond, I needed to build a flight of steps up to the top level as at our age (74) we needed to make life easier. The ideal DIY solution for the retaining wall was to use Marshalls wall blocks. The shape means you can create curves. The retaining lip at the back of each block means you can buy a strong wall without the need for mortar.
The steps are built with Marshalls Brindle blocks, usually used for driveways. The patio area has been doubled to 36m2. The multicoloured sandstone matches well with the wall blocks. We are pleased with the final result, particularly as I didn't have any help, because of lockdown, and with two replacement knees last year I needed easy solutions.
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 16th July 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 16th July 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 16th July 2020 Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 16th July 2020
Thanks for your review, it looks great!
We were after a specialist kerb stone in order to complete the landscaping of our garden to make it accessible to my husband and had been let down by a number of merchants. We were at our wits end! We called Marshalls direct and spoke to Leia in Technical Services. Leia couldn't have been more helpful, personable or focussed; she quickly resolved the situation, finding what we needed (even though it turned out to be no longer a product they make, but had some in stock in another location) and even emailed us a picture of the kerb, to ensure it was the correct item. We first contacted Leia on 09/07 and the kerb we desperately needed was delivered to our door on 14/07. Thank you Leia, from the bottom of our hearts!! You took ownership and went the extra mile, the award for Customer Service, Technical Services goes to.....Leia Norman!!!
Thanks Pauline for this great review, we've shared with Leia and she is delighted!
Marshalls are a step ahead with new products and not just the products but the quality of the products and how us as installers can be quicker and more productive with minimal waste .... the new porcelain deco pattern tiles we used on this job are fabulous and give a real opportunity to use them and create different themed gardens 👍🏻
Marshalls Plc 5 star review on 14th July 2020
Thanks very much for this great review, the garden looks fantastic!
Buyer be aware. You need to read the small print or you have no warrant. Brett is a better supplier and option.
We're sorry to read this. The option of purchasing our Hard Landscape Guarantee is open to anyone using one of our accredited installers and the full details, including cost, are on our website and in the brochure.
Requesting an additional £350 after the job is complete or I get no hard landscape guarantee. Not a word about this until the job was complete and paid. Now I have no guarantee unless I pay. They say it is in the fine print on their web site. Who ever reads that. We trust is these large companies. Everybody beware.
We are sorry that you felt you were not aware that the guarantee had to be paid for. However, as we have outlined in our emails to you, the Guarantee fee is based on the total value of your contract with the installer and we would expect this to form part of the discussion with your selected installer when agreeing the contract. As you mention in your review, the details of the Guarantee are on our website and in our brochure.
Marshall’s have been exceptional throughout my complaint with Charlotte Breen been very helpful and efficient every time I’ve rang her or emailed her. My complaint has now been dealt with to an excellent outcome.
Thanks for that great feedback Mike, we're glad the issue was resolved
Marshalls Plc is rated 3.86 based on 42 reviews