Laughing Hens Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens

About Laughing Hens : Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

"Ease of ordering and speedy delivery. Good quality yarn."
"Thanks for your range of yarns - I was able to complete the purchase of yarns for an Afghan and wished I'd gone to you first!"
"Lovely pattern, received quickly. Very easy to knit"
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"Unfortunately I have not yet received any knitting thread from. I did receive the book and was looking forward to starting my socks. I thought perhaps there was a delay. I would be pleased to hear from you. Pat talbot."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"I only wanted two pairs of knitting needles in stainless steel. I was sent two pairs in bamboo and then when I called to point out what had happened the member of staff told me I had been sent more "expensive" needles as if that made everything ok. I understand it was human error but not sure how relevant being sent more expensive needles was as they were still wrong. However they did apologise (eventually) and put it right."
I apologise you were sent the incorrect needles. We have not sent on the correct needles and hope you are enjoying them.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"Postage options not made clear on website and completely ignored my special delivery instructions so not shared with delivery company. Owner admitted her mistake but didn’t go far enough to keep me as a customer."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"I ordered yarn on March 14, 2019 and it is not April 16 and I still do not have it. I live in the USA so perhaps that is the problem. Unable to track after it hit the US so I do not know if I will ever get it. Sorry this is no reflection on the company but be aware of the lead time if you live in the US."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"Has been over a month and to date the patterns I ordered have not arrived. I spoke with customer service and they did send digital patterns but have not credited me the difference yet."
"Shipping takes forever!"
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"I was disappointed to find a knot in the yarn where it must have broken before it was wound and sent. I'm making socks so that's not great. I was given £1.94 refund (10%) but I don't think that is really adequate. A shame because otherwise it's quite nice wool. My instruction to leave the parcel with a neighbour if I was out was also ignored which caused inconvenience. I had to go to the City parcel office to collect my purchase and join the back of a very long queue."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"I still have not receveid my order! It has been weeks. Even though costumer service was friendly, I am still awaiting my yarn."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"I ordered some wool and a pattern and needles for a project in early December, but only the pattern and needles arrived with a note that the wool would follow after a week... it’s mid January and no sign of the wool and no email updates to keep me informed of what the problem is, just lots of marketing emails trying to sell me more projects and different wools , which is pretty irritating."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"The yarn was just thrown into a postage bag with no thought what so ever. If the bag had of been ripped during transit the yarn would have been ruined."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"I am very disappointed on how lon it is taking to have something shipped to Canada I ordered items on October 3rd and i stll hsve not received my parcel. I have ordered other items that were shipped from China and it arrived in less than 10 days!"
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"My goods were ordered on the 18th September and I still haven't received them a month later. The tracking number states that the goods are still in transit...so who knows when or if I will even receive them. No-one seems to know why they are takings long, and I still don't have a ETA."
Hello Tracey,

We apologise your parcel was lost by DPD this does happen on the very odd occasion.

We have resent your order.

I apologise for the inconvenience.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"I received the order quickly. But I have returned most of the yarn. I have emailed Laughing Hens, but haven't had a reply. Don't think I'll bother again"
Hello

I apologise your email was missed, please check your inbox as we have now responded and resolved the issued.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"Part of my order arrived promptly and the balance was expected within a week. Laughing hens took all the money for the order with the first shipment. It is now almost 3 weeks since I placed the original order and there have been no updates and no reply to e-mail. Not sure I can ever expect to see my yarn or my cash."
We apologise for the delay.

The outstanding yarn was dispatched on 10/03 please let us know if it is yet to arrive.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"Sent yarn from two different dye lots. Did correct mistake by sending same dye lot to replace initial balls but slow to correct error. Yarn also has many knots in the balls."
Hello Paul

I apologise you were sent mixed dye lots, this should not have happened.

You are welcome to return the yarn to us using your free returns label, we will happily refund or exchange.
"My 4 skeins (of the same color) were of different dye lots. In my very extensive online yarn-buying experience, it's the first time that seller did not notify of mismatched dye lots prior to shipping. Very disappointing!"
We apologise mixed dye lots have been sent in error. We aim not to sent mixed dye lots unless agreed by the customer. We apologise for our mistake on this occasion, you are welcome to return the needles to us using the free returns label on your invoice.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"My 4 skeins of yarn were of 2 different dye lots, with noticeable difference. No self respecting yarn merchant sells different dye lots without contacting the customer first. I’ll be very reluctant to buy from them again."
"delayed order with no notification for a month after original order confirmed - until queried"
Hello Chrys. We apologise for the delay, Your order was dispatched on 02/05. Please check you email so we can ensure your order arrives.
"In this day and age I don't expect to be able to order and pay for yarn that is showing in stock only to be told a day later that it's no longer in stock. Shall not be using this site again and should have taken more heed of the previous reviews."
We apologise that on this odd occasion our stock levels were incorrect.
"I placed my order on April 5th, and received a confirmation email stating they'll ship it in 1-2 business days. On April 18th I emailed to ask how soon I can expect it. April 20th they replied that they will now ship my order, no explanation for why they took so long. When I asked if they could expedite it, since they took two weeks prior to shipping, they said no, because I was in the US. I received my order April 28th, more than three weeks after I placed it. Be prepared to wait a long time for your yarn!"
Hello. We apologise for the delay as you are based in the US orders take a little longer to arrive. Orders generally arrive within 10 working days. On the odd occasion US orders take up to a month to arrive.
Laughing Hens is rated 4.74 based on 4,606 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access