Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

Morag Hamilton
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 13th March 2020
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 13th March 2020
More Photos & Videos
I still haven't received my order!
This Erika
Knight pattern was very poor quality. Clearly printed off on a printer with low ink levels. Can barely read it......😞!
I am still waiting for my pattern. 😔
The chart for the wrap didn’t seem to be there or was not clearly marked so having to use the instructions wigh my own pattern combination
I ordered a pattern book by Rowan and have yet to receive it. I sent an email by did not get a reply.
Yarn lovely- downside pattern quoted 3 balls but I actually needed 4.
My order came over A month late. The label was illegible and I think that added to its delay in getting to me besides the problems with COVID-19 shipments. I aborted the project I was going to make because it took too long and I had already started on something else so I sold the one I bought from you at a discount to a friend of mine. I won’t be buying yarn from you again, as the shipment should’ve included FedEx delivery.
Have not received the order
Contacted customer service and was told it was otw.
Long delivery time
I have been trying for days to get a response about an item that seems to be hung up in shipping. No answers despite repeated requests.
Unfortunately I was sent the wrong sized needles. 4.5 instead of size 4 that was ordered.
I purchased the Florentine throw and Check Mate Throw patterns. The Florentine throw has a 16st pattern rep, but contains instructions for a 38st pattern rep, so does the instruction for the Check Mate throw. It looks like the Florentine instructions are the same as the check mate. Please explain?
Phoned to cancel order and it was agreed that website said it was for age one and the pattern only started at age two - so was told that the order would be cancelled. It wasn’t, money taken, and despite an email from me order was fulfilled. I couldn’t be bothered to argue further as it was coming up for Christmas. Not happy and not made the cardigan!
Unfortunately I have not yet received any knitting thread from. I did receive the book and was looking forward to starting my socks. I thought perhaps there was a delay. I would be pleased to hear from you. Pat talbot.
I only wanted two pairs of knitting needles in stainless steel. I was sent two pairs in bamboo and then when I called to point out what had happened the member of staff told me I had been sent more "expensive" needles as if that made everything ok.

I understand it was human error but not sure how relevant being sent more expensive needles was as they were still wrong. However they did apologise (eventually) and put it right.
I apologise you were sent the incorrect needles. We have not sent on the correct needles and hope you are enjoying them.
Postage options not made clear on website and completely ignored my special delivery instructions so not shared with delivery company. Owner admitted her mistake but didn’t go far enough to keep me as a customer.
I ordered yarn on March 14, 2019 and it is not April 16 and I still do not have it. I live in the USA so perhaps that is the problem. Unable to track after it hit the US so I do not know if I will ever get it. Sorry this is no reflection on the company but be aware of the lead time if you live in the US.
Has been over a month and to date the patterns I ordered have not arrived. I spoke with customer service and they did send digital patterns but have not credited me the difference yet.
Shipping takes forever!
I was disappointed to find a knot in the yarn where it must have broken before it was wound and sent.
I'm making socks so that's not great. I was given £1.94 refund (10%) but I don't think that is really adequate. A shame because otherwise it's quite nice wool.
My instruction to leave the parcel with a neighbour if I was out was also ignored which caused inconvenience. I had to go to the City parcel office to collect my purchase and join the back of a very long queue.
Laughing Hens is rated 4.73 based on 5,229 reviews