Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

Service had been great and the wool has knitted up beautifully.
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 15th October 2020
Very reliable supplier. Lovely products, reasonable prices.
Always easy to order and the lovely wool arrives quickly!
Thank you for the beautiful sock yarn. As yet not knitted, but lovingly stashed for a pair of socks for my grandchild. Great service and speedy delivery to Australia.
Very nice yarn at an affordable price
I love this company. Efficient,polite ,excellent quality and great variety of products.
I haven’t used the pattern yet, but thank you
Great to get my order in the middle of COVID
I'm totally pleased with the Sock Stop. My knitted slippers are now safe to wear on any surfaces. I will be placing another order as soon as my slippers are all made.
Thank you......Cecile
Ideal for holding yarn when doing colour work, particularly intarsia. These were a good price. Deducted a star as some of them have a slightly wider opening causing the yarn to unwind.
I love knitting !! I love stripes!!
Kurt from new magazine 67 is knitting up beautifully!!
Excellent service in these difficult times
I liked not having to wait long for my order to arrive. I also like that they keep in touch to let you know when your delivery will arrive.
Très heureux. Tout est beau.
I love that you have a very comprehensive collection of the Noro Ito wool. I can usually always get my favourite colour of Labyrinth, and several others. I have now knitted one shawl, one throw and a scarf including this wool along with alpaca and silk and mohair and silk, silk yarn, glitter yarn, and a yarn including sequins in the attached photo.
I always find lovely and unusual yarns and colours at Laughing Hens.
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 29th March 2020
I was disappointed to find a knot in the yarn where it must have broken before it was wound and sent.
I'm making socks so that's not great. I was given £1.94 refund (10%) but I don't think that is really adequate. A shame because otherwise it's quite nice wool.
My instruction to leave the parcel with a neighbour if I was out was also ignored which caused inconvenience. I had to go to the City parcel office to collect my purchase and join the back of a very long queue.
The RICO pattern contained 2 mistakes which as they were both repeated across the row actually meant 8 mistakes causing completed rows to have less stitches than the pattern stated. I am an experienced knitter (65 years experience) and took a long time undoing and working out what they should be. I phoned Laughing hens and spoke to a pleasant lady explaining the situation and telling her what the pattern should have said in both instances. She contacted Rico and emailed me their response. This was a copy of the pattern with one handwritten correction which I had already stated. I was not satisfied; only 1 correction dealt with and no apology. The 2nd error had not been clearly explained to them.
I rang Laughing hens again and asked what they felt about the response.
I was told that she had spoken to a colleague and the second mistake was in fact right, in other words I was wrong. I then had to explain that yarn forward did not make a stitch when changing from knit to purl despite her telling me again that I was wrong.
When I first spoke to them I politely asked to speak to someone who would understand me when I discussed the pattern and its mistakes.
I have asked her to contact Rico and tell them I am not happy.
Good choice and easy to use website. Good offers
Just the name makes me happy but then I am a simple soul! Quality and service are always excellent
I love knitting with this yarn, it's the only yarn I can knit a hat in as far as my granddaughter is concerned!!
Laughing Hens is rated 4.72 based on 5,853 reviews