Laughing Hens Reviews

of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens
Read Laughing Hens  Reviews

About Laughing Hens :

Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

Laughing Hens  5 star review on 16th April 2020
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 29th March 2020
carol Kobuszko
More Photos & Videos
I haven’t used the pattern yet, but thank you
Great to get my order in the middle of COVID
Ideal for holding yarn when doing colour work, particularly intarsia. These were a good price. Deducted a star as some of them have a slightly wider opening causing the yarn to unwind.
I love knitting !! I love stripes!!
Kurt from new magazine 67 is knitting up beautifully!!
Excellent service in these difficult times
I liked not having to wait long for my order to arrive. I also like that they keep in touch to let you know when your delivery will arrive.
Très heureux. Tout est beau.
I love that you have a very comprehensive collection of the Noro Ito wool. I can usually always get my favourite colour of Labyrinth, and several others. I have now knitted one shawl, one throw and a scarf including this wool along with alpaca and silk and mohair and silk, silk yarn, glitter yarn, and a yarn including sequins in the attached photo.
I always find lovely and unusual yarns and colours at Laughing Hens.
Laughing Hens  5 star review on 29th March 2020
I was disappointed to find a knot in the yarn where it must have broken before it was wound and sent.
I'm making socks so that's not great. I was given £1.94 refund (10%) but I don't think that is really adequate. A shame because otherwise it's quite nice wool.
My instruction to leave the parcel with a neighbour if I was out was also ignored which caused inconvenience. I had to go to the City parcel office to collect my purchase and join the back of a very long queue.
The RICO pattern contained 2 mistakes which as they were both repeated across the row actually meant 8 mistakes causing completed rows to have less stitches than the pattern stated. I am an experienced knitter (65 years experience) and took a long time undoing and working out what they should be. I phoned Laughing hens and spoke to a pleasant lady explaining the situation and telling her what the pattern should have said in both instances. She contacted Rico and emailed me their response. This was a copy of the pattern with one handwritten correction which I had already stated. I was not satisfied; only 1 correction dealt with and no apology. The 2nd error had not been clearly explained to them.
I rang Laughing hens again and asked what they felt about the response.
I was told that she had spoken to a colleague and the second mistake was in fact right, in other words I was wrong. I then had to explain that yarn forward did not make a stitch when changing from knit to purl despite her telling me again that I was wrong.
When I first spoke to them I politely asked to speak to someone who would understand me when I discussed the pattern and its mistakes.
I have asked her to contact Rico and tell them I am not happy.
Good choice and easy to use website. Good offers
Just the name makes me happy but then I am a simple soul! Quality and service are always excellent
I love knitting with this yarn, it's the only yarn I can knit a hat in as far as my granddaughter is concerned!!
Love my needles came packaged very well will use again
I was kept updated at all times as to the status of my order and it arrived very quickly following confirmation of stock reaching Laughing Hens. Thank you for this efficiency.
Great yarns, great service. Fast delivery. Competitive prices - very favourable compared to John Lewis (famed for its haberdashery)
I am delighted as always with my purchase from Laughing Hens. The yarn is completely as described and arrived very quickly indeed.
The website was easy to navigate and to order from.
Always a pleasure to shop with you!
really good choice good prices. also keeping you up to date with your order.
I would always go to Laughing Hens first
Have never had any problems with my orders or delivery, thank you
Laughing Hens is rated 4.72 based on 5,452 reviews