Laughing Hens Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Laughing Hens

About Laughing Hens : Your online shop for all your knitting and crochet needs.

+44(0)1829 740903

sales@roosteryarns.com

The Croft StablesStation LaneGreat BarrowCheshire

Click Here
Christian Luise Gortz
"Speedy service."
Helena Bowe
"I bought 6 balls of DK Prime Bright to make up a blanket. The colours are not those I would choose, but they work so well. As the blanket progresses, so do the colour patterns. I am happy with the results."
"Delighted with both product delivery and price! Not bad for my first attempt at knitting a sweater for my son."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"I haven't used the pattern because it was not readable! The writing was so small, even someone with perfect eye sight would have struggled to understand it. I paid $6.50 plus postage for a colour PDF file, not impressed. I emailed you and asked for a legible copy and was emailed the same. I won't bother with you again."
"Extremely late delivey, missing yarns... won’t buy again"
"I would very much like to write a review. However as yet I have not had a response to me e mail shown below that I wrote on the 4th of May Regards Chris Rowan I Good Afternoon, I would like to thank you for delivering my needles to me via my friend in UK . I received them today in South Africa. However I received the metal ones and not the bamboo ones. The bamboo ones are important to me as I can take them on flights when I am travelling without having them taken from me at security. Obviously I cannot return them to you from South Africa so I need to make arrangements for some more to be sent to my daughter in law in Maidstone. However before I do order some more on line I need to ensure that the bamboo ones will be dispatched and I do not end up with the steel ones again. Do you have any suggestions as to how we can ensure that the bamboo ones are delivered ? Regards Robyn French"
How did you find Checkout on the website? Really difficult
"I NEVER received the pattern although I paid it and sent several emails stating that I could NOT download the PDF file.....I requested for it to me mailed to me and to date 5/19/2019 have NOT received, therefore I'm asking once again to please mail to me the pattern. Thank you, Corlette"
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"The wrong colour yarn was sent - ginger - when I had ordered the last 6 balls of pennyroyal. Although I phoned laughing hens as soon as I received the yarn they no longer had enough stock of the correct colour. A better substitute colour was then sent. Everyone I have told about this asked if I was given a discount but I wasn't. Very disappointing ."
Hello Mrs C Daniels

I apologise you were not happy with the service received. I have sent a discount code to you via email to use on a future order.

Kind Regards

Joanna

Laughing Hens
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"I placed an order and was told there would be a one week delay in shipment. I decided I did not want the yarn and they said no problem they would cancel the order. A week later I received an email stating that my order had shipped. I wrote back asking what had happened. They said that I could return the order by mail and they would refund my money. Several weeks later I have never received the yarn I have no idea what has happened to it. Int"
"I have been waiting for the courtesy of a reply to my letter to you, regarding my purchase of a skein of Noro/KFI ito in #3 towards the end of last year I also enclosed samples of the problem of thick felting at short intervals through the yarn. which was spoiling the garment I was knitting. It may be `trendy` to seek an online review of [presumably] your overall service but I would have thought that a specific request for assistance should automatically be responded to like for like, with a specific response. But rest assured, I will absolutely not be purchasing from you again, instead I shall seek an answer from the manufacturer and also let them know that the company I purchased their product from is obviously not competent sufficiently to respond to letters, or seemingly have no knowledge of the product they are selling. I really am singularly not impressed. Whilst I ticked the box headed `very poor' in the review perhaps it would be better to have another which has zero service, for that is what I have received. I have always found the yarn suppliers most willing to help fellow crocheters and knitters and fully engaged in finding answers to any queries. Clearly you do not subscribe to this fraternity. Sandra Fellows"
"I never received my order but my card was charged"
"the pattern was incomplete. I contacted the shop and received a call back after the staff had worked out how to salvage it. Really I think I should have been reimbursed."
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"The RICO pattern contained 2 mistakes which as they were both repeated across the row actually meant 8 mistakes causing completed rows to have less stitches than the pattern stated. I am an experienced knitter (65 years experience) and took a long time undoing and working out what they should be. I phoned Laughing hens and spoke to a pleasant lady explaining the situation and telling her what the pattern should have said in both instances. She contacted Rico and emailed me their response. This was a copy of the pattern with one handwritten correction which I had already stated. I was not satisfied; only 1 correction dealt with and no apology. The 2nd error had not been clearly explained to them. I rang Laughing hens again and asked what they felt about the response. I was told that she had spoken to a colleague and the second mistake was in fact right, in other words I was wrong. I then had to explain that yarn forward did not make a stitch when changing from knit to purl despite her telling me again that I was wrong. When I first spoke to them I politely asked to speak to someone who would understand me when I discussed the pattern and its mistakes. I have asked her to contact Rico and tell them I am not happy."
"Order placed on December 21 has not been received."
We apologise for the delay with your order.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Really difficult
"I only received the baby pattern and cable needles very sad that I didn’t receive what I ordered"
We apologise for our mistake. We have now resolved our mistake.
"I have still not received my order - the tracking number I was given with my shipping despatch email doesn't work and I am still waiting for an answer on my query from Laughing Hens."
We apologise your order has gone missing. A full refund has been issued as requested.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"Delivery delayed. I understand this happens sometimes but there's no excuse for not updating customers about delivery."
We apologise for the delay with your order.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"Have not received all that was purchased. One skein of yarn was missing. I wrote to you about it , but have recurved no response ."
Hello Sandra, I apologise an item was missing from your order. Please let us know which shade was missing and we will resend. I have searched our mailbox and we do not have an email from you. I apologise for the issues with this order. Kind Regards. Joanna. Laughing Hens.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Super simple & quick
"I returned the product but have had no information regarding a refund."
Hello, We are unable to refund your order as you returned a pattern to us. We are unable to accept return of patterns due to copywriter laws. Our website and your sales invoice clearly states we are unable to accept return of patterns. Kind Regards, Joanna Laughing Hens
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"By first use, I only knitted about 10 stitches and then one of the pins broke"
We apologise this has happened.

We will dispatch a replacement set, please return the defective needles to us so we can return them to our supplier. Please use the free returns label on your invoice.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Ok
"The on-line tool was using 100g balls to calculate what I needed. The yarn arrived in 50g balls. Not enough to knit anything!! Poor quality pattern printing. Used this site as an experiment - won't use it again."
We apologise our listing we incorrect, we will get this corrected.
How did you find Checkout on the website? Quite easy - no problems
"The colour of the yarn was extremely different from the photo on the website! I did not expect this since I had purchased Louisa Hardings Pittura from you before, and then the colouring was very close to the photo."
Hello Helena

We apologise the yarn received was different to our image on the website, we are currently working to improve the image for that listing.

Your are welcome to return or exchange the yarn using the free returns label on your invoice.
"If you are referring to the Rowan magazine I purchased, which you later decided was not in stock,( no mention of this on the web site) how can I review something I haven't had. I could have purchased this from another supplier and had a garment half knitted by now. Still no sign of the pattern book."
We apologise we were unable to fulfil your order.
Laughing Hens is rated 4.75 based on 4,669 reviews