King & McGaw Reviews

Read King & McGaw Reviews

customercare@kingandmcgaw.com

King & McGawNew RoadNewhavenEast Sussex

Tell us how King & McGaw made you happy
This is my second purchase from K&M: Good selection of art and sturdy frame. No update to tell me the delivery was running a couple of days late though so luckily I was in to accept it. I have to say I am very disappointed however to have spent almost £200 on a plastic fronted framed print(!). For these prices surely it should be in a glass framed print. I am considering returning it based on this as it just cheapens the print.
Dear Rachel, Many thanks for taking the time to review your order. The glazing that we use for all our framed products is a continuous cast acrylic which has many advantages. It has a 92% Optical clarity ensuring the artwork is displayed at its best and offers 90% UV protection. It is also much safer than glass and being a lot lighter it makes it easier to hang. It is 100% recyclable and therefore good for the environment. It is also worth mentioning that many leading museums and galleries now use acrylic for glazing due to its qualities. We are very sorry for the late despatch of your order on this occasion and for any inconvenience caused. If you would like to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards Marie
Recently submitted a large order with King & McGaw. 95% of the product we received was first class. However, and rather ironically, the most expensive individual item that we ordered failed to live up to the quality we expected from the brand. The item was a large direct to wall fix framed picture, so no hanging wire or string. However, the two securitisation points on either side of the frame were misaligned which meant the picture would have been skewed had our installation contractor not noticed this. Further, both securitisation brackets were fitted proud of the frame (with different proud points on each side, i.e. inconsistent), making them visible when the picture was hung. We complained to King & McGaw and supplied all necessary photographic evidence in support of our issues. Their response? A very grudging 10% reduction on the cost of the individual item, and we only got this after several almost accusatory phone calls suggesting that somehow we were at fault and, during one call, even suggesting that the brackets were actually SUPPOSED to be angled outside the frame and not properly aligned which is blatant dishonesty in my view. This reimbursement didn't even cover a fraction of the costs of the contractor we had hired to hang all of our art, a fact made worse by the fact we had to pay him extra to rectify the sub-standard product we had been supplied with. My conclusion? Generally a good company and generally a very good product. If anything goes wrong, however, expect a battle. The "bedside manner" of the customer services team could do with some real attention.
Dear Steve, Many thanks for your review. We regret to hear that you experienced problems with the installation or your artwork due to the issues surrounding the hanging fixings. We always aim to get things right first time and to provide the highest level of service to our customers. We are sorry that you found our advice and support to be less than helpful on this occasion. We will review the correspondence that we had with you over this matter and seek to learn lessons for the future. Kind regards Marie
Their products are good quality, but not perhaps, the best value. I find their news letter very annoying, and am disappointed to see some items in my wishlist now unavailable.
I am not able to review my experience with King & McGaw as I am in Australia and have not yet received the item I purchased over 2 weeks ago.
The prints were fine quality-wise but the packaging was very difficult to remove.
Our second print from K n G , thought the print quality was not so good this time.
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to review and leave feedback on your order. We are very sorry that your second order has not quite lived up to expectation. It is possible for you to return for a refund up until the end of January if you are not entirely happy with the order. We would be happy to arrange this so do please email us at customercare@kingandmcgaw.com should you wish to do so.
Service good, received the print of "Irises" by Ogata Korin quite quickly, well packaged, nice crisp print, but where is the gold background? The whole punch of this artwork, what made it so special, is the deep purple of the irises against glittering gold. In the print, it looks as if it's been painted on someone's shed door. I naively thought that the illustration on the website page just didn't do it justice, should have known it would be much more expensive if it was gold background, but very disappointed. Not a true reproduction and won't be going up on my wall any time soon.
The quality of the products was very good, but I thoight a bit too expensive. The delivery of my order however left a lot to be desired - no effective tracking, no communication from delivery company. End result the parcel was left half a mile away for me to pick up! Not good enough.
I absolutely love my 3 prints. Colours are vibrant. The frames are very good quality. The whole process was so easy and they were well packaged and delivered on time. I would certainly order my next print from King and Mcgaw.
King & McGaw 3 star review on 28th May 2020
Product description was incorrect. said height 169 but it’s actually 159. Would order again. But as someone who’d likes to plan where everything goes. not being able to count on website written sizes can be tedious.
Hi, many thanks for taking the time to review the product. We are very sorry that the measurements were incorrect at the time you placed your order . We agree on how important it it for size information to be accurate and how frustrating it can be when this is not the case. We can confirm that this error has now been corrected on the website and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Absolutely fabulous service! I will definitely use King and McGaw again. Richard Smith
Service was really fast and I cannot fault the frame it is great quality. The print quality however, is not as good as I would have liked. The picture looks blurred. It’s a bit like it’s been “blown up” to much and lost it’s fidelity around the edges.
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are sorry to hear that your print was not as expected. We try to ensure that all of prints are printed to best resolution and and size, so your feedback will passed into our image and printing team. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to let get in touch with us at customercare@kingandmcgaw.com Kind regards Amy
Always loved this company but disappointed this time. The print and framing is stunning, love it. Unfortunately the black ash frame has some areas on the bottom of the frame that when touched leave black marks on your fingers and looks wet when the frame is viewed. Really can't be bothered to send such a big framed print back but it's very annoying that another trusted company has fallen short of quality expectations on this occasion.
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to provide an online review. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment and the issues with your frame. Please do accept my apologies for this. I have sent you an email to see if there is anything we can do to rectify this issue. Kind regards Amy
The service was good but the item delivered was larger than ordered, and so returned.
Was only pleased with 2 of the 4 posters. Quality v poor on vogue and much smaller than I thought. Again quality on nyc one mediocre
The product was fine, indeed I was pleased with it but delivery, despite having to pay for it, was slow. Then, on the day it was finally to be delivered, they chose UPS who only give an indication of time if they have tried to deliver and not been able to. I therefore had to stay in all day. For this reason alone I would seek out an alternative.
The Picasso is vibrant and looks great but the Da VInci Vitruvian Man looks poor. I am not sure how this makes me feel, so an acceptable review is how I have gone.
So let's first touch on the actual print and frame. Amazing! The quality and packaging is super good, and it looks great in my living room. I was so happy when it finally arrived. It's just such a shame, because before this beautiful end result, was a nightmare for me.. The biggest pain is that they use UPS for their delivery. UPS "attempted" to deliver twice to my door, ignoring concierge, or my requests to drop to a neighbour as I said I won't be in (which was confirmed there end on the system). I was on hold for 30 mins on the phone trying to arrange this... Twice!! To be told they would drop it to a neighbour/concierge (as requested)! All requests were ignored by their drivers (very typical), so they took it back to a HQ very far from my apartment, saying it would be another week to resend due to easter break. I ended up spending £40 in taxi fares to pick up from the depot. The whole experience with UPS was so painful, so I don't think I can use this company again, unless they made an exemption for a different courier. The £7.99 delivery charge still stuck, and K&McG nor UPS refunded the delivery charges, both saying I needed to settle with either party shunning the blame. Nothing was done to make up for this unexpected expense. Shame to lose a potential long term customer over £7.99! All about the principal though. Great product though if you get lucky with UPS.
Dear Bradley, Thank you for your order & feedback. We are pleased to hear you're happy with the quality of your order. We are sorry to hear of your UPS delivery experience. I have just emailed you directly regarding the shipping refund. Kind Regards, Jane
Was unhappy with purchase as the canvas had a line running through image, took a while to take photos and communicate with customer service but had replacement in the end.
Tiree cottage was disappointing . sky and cottage roof merge into one. Much darker than it shows on site. Wish I had read the reviews before I ordered it.
King & McGaw is rated 4.87 based on 4,383 reviews