King & McGaw Reviews

Lindsay Jack
King & McGaw 4 star review on 9th September 2020
King & McGaw 5 star review on 4th September 2020
More Photos & Videos
Service good, received the print of "Irises" by Ogata Korin quite quickly, well packaged, nice crisp print, but where is the gold background? The whole punch of this artwork, what made it so special, is the deep purple of the irises against glittering gold. In the print, it looks as if it's been painted on someone's shed door. I naively thought that the illustration on the website page just didn't do it justice, should have known it would be much more expensive if it was gold background, but very disappointed. Not a true reproduction and won't be going up on my wall any time soon.
The quality of the products was very good, but I thoight a bit too expensive.
The delivery of my order however left a lot to be desired - no effective tracking, no communication from delivery company. End result the parcel was left half a mile away for me to pick up! Not good enough.
I absolutely love my 3 prints. Colours are vibrant. The frames are very good quality. The whole process was so easy and they were well packaged and delivered on time. I would certainly order my next print from King and Mcgaw.
King & McGaw 3 star review on 28th May 2020
Product description was incorrect. said height 169 but it’s actually 159. Would order again. But as someone who’d likes to plan where everything goes. not being able to count on website written sizes can be tedious.
Hi, many thanks for taking the time to review the product. We are very sorry that the measurements were incorrect at the time you placed your order . We agree on how important it it for size information to be accurate and how frustrating it can be when this is not the case. We can confirm that this error has now been corrected on the website and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Absolutely fabulous service!
I will definitely use King and McGaw again.
Richard Smith
Service was really fast and I cannot fault the frame it is great quality. The print quality however, is not as good as I would have liked. The picture looks blurred. It’s a bit like it’s been “blown up” to much and lost it’s fidelity around the edges.
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.
We are sorry to hear that your print was not as expected.
We try to ensure that all of prints are printed to best resolution and and size, so your feedback will passed into our image and printing team.
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to let get in touch with us at customercare@kingandmcgaw.com
Kind regards
Amy
Always loved this company but disappointed this time. The print and framing is stunning, love it. Unfortunately the black ash frame has some areas on the bottom of the frame that when touched leave black marks on your fingers and looks wet when the frame is viewed. Really can't be bothered to send such a big framed print back but it's very annoying that another trusted company has fallen short of quality expectations on this occasion.
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to provide an online review.
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment and the issues with your frame.
Please do accept my apologies for this.
I have sent you an email to see if there is anything we can do to rectify this issue.
Kind regards
Amy
The service was good but the item delivered was larger than ordered, and so returned.
Was only pleased with 2 of the 4 posters. Quality v poor on vogue and much smaller than I thought. Again quality on nyc one mediocre
The product was fine, indeed I was pleased with it but delivery, despite having to pay for it, was slow. Then, on the day it was finally to be delivered, they chose UPS who only give an indication of time if they have tried to deliver and not been able to. I therefore had to stay in all day. For this reason alone I would seek out an alternative.
The Picasso is vibrant and looks great but the Da VInci Vitruvian Man looks poor.
I am not sure how this makes me feel, so an acceptable review is how I have gone.
So let's first touch on the actual print and frame. Amazing! The quality and packaging is super good, and it looks great in my living room. I was so happy when it finally arrived. It's just such a shame, because before this beautiful end result, was a nightmare for me.. The biggest pain is that they use UPS for their delivery. UPS "attempted" to deliver twice to my door, ignoring concierge, or my requests to drop to a neighbour as I said I won't be in (which was confirmed there end on the system). I was on hold for 30 mins on the phone trying to arrange this... Twice!! To be told they would drop it to a neighbour/concierge (as requested)! All requests were ignored by their drivers (very typical), so they took it back to a HQ very far from my apartment, saying it would be another week to resend due to easter break. I ended up spending £40 in taxi fares to pick up from the depot. The whole experience with UPS was so painful, so I don't think I can use this company again, unless they made an exemption for a different courier. The £7.99 delivery charge still stuck, and K&McG nor UPS refunded the delivery charges, both saying I needed to settle with either party shunning the blame. Nothing was done to make up for this unexpected expense. Shame to lose a potential long term customer over £7.99! All about the principal though. Great product though if you get lucky with UPS.
Dear Bradley,
Thank you for your order & feedback. We are pleased to hear you're happy with the quality of your order. We are sorry to hear of your UPS delivery experience. I have just emailed you directly regarding the shipping refund. Kind Regards, Jane
Was unhappy with purchase as the canvas had a line running through image, took a while to take photos and communicate with customer service but had replacement in the end.
Tiree cottage was disappointing . sky and cottage roof merge into one. Much darker than it shows on site. Wish I had read the reviews before I ordered it.
Service and delivery excellent. Canvas arrived and was much, much darker than appeared online. Dispppointing.
Very friendly service people.but have not received either order yet
Ordered 2 prints both came very quickly and good quality.

The prints didn't show in th pictures online that they would have the artists name printed at the bottom of the print in a large font. I may have misses this in the description.
Picture was well packaged and I could choose delivery date, which was handy. The frame and mount are good, but the resolution of the print is disappointing. I guess this is because we asked for the print to be enlarged too much, but if this is the case, it would be good if a warning came up about the resolution? I'm not happy with the quality of the print.
HI,
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent order. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the quality of the print. Having looked at the high resolution file that we hold for this image, we do agree that enlarging the image to the size you ordered has resulted in a less than perfect print. We have now reduced the maximum size of the image to reflect the quality of the image file. We would be happy to accept your order back for a full refund if you would like to contact us. Our email address is customercare@kingandmcgaw.com
My biggest gripe is that you don't have a gloss white frame other than a box type. So, I ordered last week an identical picture to one I had ordered on my prior order only this time with a frosted silver frame. So, will you discount this latest order as I really wasn't happy with the frame on the first one &, consequently will be donating that one to a charity shop as I don't need 2 identical pictures.

Gill Doherty
Dear Gill

We are really sorry to hear that your were disappointed with the frame moulding choice. We'll contact you by email shortly to arrive at a satisfactory outcome. Kind regards, King & McGaw customer service
Simply adequate