I My Home Reviews

of reviewers recommend I My Home

Tell us how I My Home made you happy
Survey was poor and vague
Ordered and paid for a survey, had to chase them to organise a booking and then had to wait 10 days for the report
Make sure you know what you are buying. iMyHome charged £120 for a property valuation which turned out to be a few lines tagged on to a building survey report.
Expecting a full valuation report I contacted the surveyor who said as a building surveyor he doesn't do valuation surveys! iMyHome refused to refund monies.
Thank you for your review.

As discussed, a valuation to be included in a Building Survey attracts a normal charge of £120.00. We did deliver on your request and provided you with a valuation.

If you required a more in depth "red book" valuation this attracts a much higher fee and this is not what you requested from us.

Many thanks,
The iMyHome Team
When booking the Survey I was told the report would be with me in 5-7 working days.
Still waiting for the report nearly 2 weeks after it was conducted.
They shouldn't be booking people in if they can't get the report back in time.
The only good thing is the IMyHome customer team is really helpful on the phone.
On the plus side they were very friendly and helpful before my survey and the survey was arranged and took place very quickly. They were also cheaper than other surveyors and cheaper than if I'd booked the surveyor who completed my survey directly.

However I wouldn't recommend them because the surveyor never contacted me during the survey like surveyors usually do and I didn't get answers to the questions I had raised before the survey. I would have liked the opportunity to ask and discuss things on the day.

Because they're the middleman I feel I didn't get as good a service as I would had I booked the surveyor directly. I'd advise pay a bit more and have a direct line to your surveyor.

The report was sent over a week later (so 2 weeks after the survey) and then only because I had to chase them to chase the surveyor. They kept saying it would be uploaded on X date then the date would pass and still no survey and no update so I had to keep calling. They should have chased the surveyor for me.
Cant fault the website and the service of 'imyhome', quick and prompt visit, at a very fair price. However, this seems to be be a intermediary for commissioning surveys. (they sub instruct the actual survey) therefore it was marred by the communication and poor attitude of the reception staff and the surveyor, of the sub contractor - 'Now Survey' who I believe are based on the south coast. They were both curt and rude. Further that, by an inability to actually give a 'Valuation' as part of the homebuyers report service, instead valuing the house at £0. yes Zero Pounds. Once challenged on this point it took 2 weeks to remedy, not great when time is of the essence in a property transaction.
Further having looked up the Surveyor on the RICS website they were not listed. Whilst there may be several reasons for this as a practising surveyor could have work signed off by another RICS Accredited surveyor. 'Now Survey' do not seem to have any affiliation with the RICS.
So, fair price, fair turnaround but suspicious sub contractor who may not be a RICS accredited surveyor...
Thank you for you review.

The HomeBuyer’s Survey in question was originally posted out with a zero value due to the fact that it required significant remedial work, and various quotations were requested/advised before a valuation could be made.

Further information was then provided, and the HomeBuyer’s Survey was reissued with a value.

I’m afraid we cannot comment as to whether or not anyone was rude, but we would hope our surveyors would not have been rude to you.

I can also confirm that all of our surveyors are Members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and that Now Survey are regulated by the RICS. We cannot understand why you were unable to find the surveyor, but they are all accredited as you would expect.

Wishing you all the very best with your purchase.
The iMyHome Team
iMyHome seemed great and customer services were friendly and helpful. However, the surveyor who was instructed compiled a very average report that lacked necessary detail easily obtained by a visual inspection. When I had a few follow up questions to clarify points in the report his responses were short and rude. He didn't do a proper job and wasn't interested in assisting me at all. Very disappointing given there were much cheaper surveyors available.
Were told when booking we would receive verbal 'heads up' of survey on day after survey, we didn't and when i asked surveyor he said we don't do that, he did however spend a few minutes reluctantly giving a verbal report. Were told written report would be completed by Monday (told on Thursday or Friday) had another two dates given before we finally got report. Not a good experience for us.
The survey said that the upstairs bedrooms were a later addition to the house even though all the surrounding houses are the same also lots of questions unanswered trying to lead you into pricier surveys.
Very disappointed with the service.

We we were told we will get regular updates during the survey and an opportunity to talk to the surveyor should we have any questions ( this was very important to us). However, the survey itself was outsourced to another company by iMyHome- these guys refused to provide any updates as was promised by iMyHome. All communication with the surveyor was over email with the customer service guys in between which was not very helpful. When we called customer care at IMyhome they said they couldn’t do anything.

I will not recommend them
I had to ask for clarification of inconsistency's in the report, and then again after the correction and explanation I had to ask again.
Website wasnt very clear and we waited considerably longer for the turnaround of our home buyers report due to staff demands within the branch in our area, not the best
Good afternoon Pete,

Thank you for your feedback.

Having looked into your instruction, I can see it did take a little bit longer to arrange access. When booking online it does provide a guide for booking availability as it can differ in busier periods.

However we made every effort to achieve in getting the report back to you within 48 hours of inspection.

We wish you all the best with your purchase.

The iMyHome Team
Had to chase company as no response
Hi Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We have investigated the problem you had experienced with contacting our local office and it appears that they were transferring over to a new phone system which took longer than expected, however we are always available at the head office and we do respond to emails within the first hour of it being received.

We wish you all the very best with your house purchase.

The iMyHome Team
Overly conservative view of the property with items marked as red flag even though he acknowledges that he did not observe any visible defects but marked the item as red as he is not qualified to opine on the item (all services marked as red even though he has not asked for any documents to review).
Spent an hour on the phone going through each item to understand his rationale and he had a very hard time justifying a lot of these. It felt like it was more of a covering himself from any legal recourse as opposed to him providing a real professional opinion. What is the aim of having recourse to a professional if he is too scared to have a professional opinion on items? Question the point of spending that amount for the survey.
Thank you for your review.

Having assessed your report we can confirm that all of the information contained within, meets the RICS audit and regulation requirements.

We are always available to discuss any concerns that you may have and we note that up until this point we did not receive any notification regarding this matter.

We wish you all the best with your purchase.
Cheap but you don't know who you're going to get. One review was great but we got a different surveyor. It was a week after paying before they could arrange a date as the relevant person was only part time. It was nearly 4 weeks after paying before we got a report.
Dear Henry,
Thank you for your review.

We have had a look into your concern regarding the time in which you received your completed report following the payment date. The payment was made on the 9th April 2018 and the report was delivered on the 26th April 2018, this fits in the timescales we set out for an overall service level with our customers.

This is the first notification that we have received with regards to this, we are always available to talk through any concerns that may arise and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused.

Best wishes,
The iMyHome team.
Based on the positive reviews I've booked my homebuyer survey with iMyHome. It has been stressful trying to contact the team. The phone system wasn't working - nobody picks up the phone when I called, I have to use email and the response time to email took as long as 1 day! Upon booking completion on Thursday evening, there was no update on Friday and I had to email them to chase. Then finally I received a phone call around end of the day, telling me the assignment is about to take place. I had a peaceful weekend. On Monday, the assigned surveyor company rung me and told me their next available date is the following week, I was not pleased with that arrangement as I was told by iMyHome the possible date was going to be on that week, and it has not been communicated clearly to that assigned company. Anyway I gave in, and signed the consent on Tuesday. On Wednesday the assigned surveyor company emailed me saying they have to postpone the survey to another week as the surveyor is not available. This is clearly too much. I need to sort this out hence I had spent that day trying to call iMyHome, left a voice message, email, and even sent a message via the website "contact us" form. There was no reply for the entire day. On the next morning, got a phone call from them, and said they will reassign to someone else and assured me to let me know on that day. Again, they failed to keep their word. No update by the end of the day despite me chasing them once in the afternoon via email. At that point I had completely lost my trust with their service.

I quote what they took pride in "providing a second to none customer experience" and this is what I receive - sleepless nights, wasting time trying to follow up and lack of communications from them. I decided to cancel booking on the next day, and it took 10 days to settle full refund. The first assigned surveyor had even booked in an appointment with the EA without informing me resulting in the actual appointment not cancelled with property vendor. I would never recommend this company. Unless you can be sure their phone system works and that somebody is there to pick up the phone, purchasing property has enough stress to bear. Always book a service that you can be sure of proper communications. However to be fair, they deserve a 2 star rating for keeping their word in giving full refund.
Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service that we provided.

We do pride ourselves on offering an excellent customer journey and we apologise that you have been unhappy with our service. We appreciate all feedback.

We did have some technical issues with our site and also the phone lines which have now been resolved and have not had any other negative feedback. The market around the summer time is very busy and although we try to accommodate and stick to our service level agreements sometimes turnaround times can be slightly longer during these times.

iMyHome would like to wish you all the best with your purchase.

Best wishes,