I My Home Reviews

of reviewers recommend I My Home

Tell us how I My Home made you happy
I was told by the gentleman who house you surveyed for me at number 7 Aintree Close Gravesend Kent, l was robbed, you were in the house only a short while, switching on lights and looking around in general, you wrote that you couldn't see much as there were a lot of boxes in the room as they were packing.
I know that wasn't true, because four days after you surveyed the house the gentleman decided his no longer wanted to move because his wife was ill in hospital, I called round to see him, he said he hadn't done any packing there were no boxes in any of the rooms when you were there?
I was told for what you did you didn't need to be a surveyor, any builder could have done what you did. I feel I through my money away.
Jean Dempster.
Dear Jean,

Thank you for your review.

Following your review we have audited/reviewed the file on this property.

The inspection was carried out by our Chartered Surveyor and Registered Valuer, with over 30 years’ experience. As always this was carried out to RICS guidelines.

We have over 100 photos on file together with over an hour of digitally dictated site notes, in addition to handwritten site notes. Our records indicate that we were in attendance at the property for the best part of two hours. The report makes only one reference to stored articles, as well as floor coverings, furniture and fittings, and this is a standard phrase under the section for “the status of the property when inspection took place”, as the property was occupied and furnished.

It is surprising that such a complaint made to us and now posted online without any contact from you prior to this, following receipt of the report on 8th June 2018 some 2 months later.

We can fully understand you will feel disappointed that the transaction fell through, however we strongly disagree with the comments made, which were by way of “hearsay” from the Vendor.

I hope this information is of assistance and would like to assure you of our best attention at all times.

The iMyHome Team
I relived multiple emails, each naming a different firm that wold undertake the survey. When this was sorted, the surveyor contracted seems to have been either incompetent or negligent. The simplest details were missed - a DPC only 10mm above the brick patio, only two air bricks for a 25 sq m suspended wooden floor, a derelict fence described as being in good order....

This survey was carried out an delivered later than expected (from the iMyHome site suggested would be the case), and was so obviously flawed that even were it to have contained anything of value I would not have trusted it.
Cheap but you don't know who you're going to get. One review was great but we got a different surveyor. It was a week after paying before they could arrange a date as the relevant person was only part time. It was nearly 4 weeks after paying before we got a report.
Dear Henry,
Thank you for your review.

We have had a look into your concern regarding the time in which you received your completed report following the payment date. The payment was made on the 9th April 2018 and the report was delivered on the 26th April 2018, this fits in the timescales we set out for an overall service level with our customers.

This is the first notification that we have received with regards to this, we are always available to talk through any concerns that may arise and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that has been caused.

The iMyHome team.
Based on the positive reviews I've booked my homebuyer survey with iMyHome. It has been stressful trying to contact the team. The phone system wasn't working - nobody picks up the phone when I called, I have to use email and the response time to email took as long as 1 day! Upon booking completion on Thursday evening, there was no update on Friday and I had to email them to chase. Then finally I received a phone call around end of the day, telling me the assignment is about to take place. I had a peaceful weekend. On Monday, the assigned surveyor company rung me and told me their next available date is the following week, I was not pleased with that arrangement as I was told by iMyHome the possible date was going to be on that week, and it has not been communicated clearly to that assigned company. Anyway I gave in, and signed the consent on Tuesday. On Wednesday the assigned surveyor company emailed me saying they have to postpone the survey to another week as the surveyor is not available. This is clearly too much. I need to sort this out hence I had spent that day trying to call iMyHome, left a voice message, email, and even sent a message via the website "contact us" form. There was no reply for the entire day. On the next morning, got a phone call from them, and said they will reassign to someone else and assured me to let me know on that day. Again, they failed to keep their word. No update by the end of the day despite me chasing them once in the afternoon via email. At that point I had completely lost my trust with their service.

I quote what they took pride in "providing a second to none customer experience" and this is what I receive - sleepless nights, wasting time trying to follow up and lack of communications from them. I decided to cancel booking on the next day, and it took 10 days to settle full refund. The first assigned surveyor had even booked in an appointment with the EA without informing me resulting in the actual appointment not cancelled with property vendor. I would never recommend this company. Unless you can be sure their phone system works and that somebody is there to pick up the phone, purchasing property has enough stress to bear. Always book a service that you can be sure of proper communications. However to be fair, they deserve a 2 star rating for keeping their word in giving full refund.
Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service that we provided.

We do pride ourselves on offering an excellent customer journey and we apologise that you have been unhappy with our service. We appreciate all feedback.

We did have some technical issues with our site and also the phone lines which have now been resolved and have not had any other negative feedback. The market around the summer time is very busy and although we try to accommodate and stick to our service level agreements sometimes turnaround times can be slightly longer during these times.

iMyHome would like to wish you all the best with your purchase.

The iMyHome Team
I am extremely disappointed upon purchasing the property following a survey from iMyHome. I was not allowed in the internal garage when I viewed the property as the estate agents “didn’t have the keys”. The surveyor was able to view the garage and mentions it in the report. However, they neglected to mention the HUGE hole in the roof that I can see straight up into the kitchen floor! I am absolutely disgusted and flabbergasted that this was not part of the report as I would assume half of the ceiling missing would be something to mention in a house survey! I am currently discussing this with the estate agents and now iMyHome as I am extremely unsatisfied and devastated upon this discovery as a first time buyer. I have included a photograph of the hole in the ceiling.
Be Aware!! Useless.
At the point of sale - promises lot but doesnt deliver.
No direct control over Surveyor.
Made a wrong decision.
Lesson:
THINK Before appoininting people who are not part of the service delivery team.
Amazing service, as soon as I logged in on the portal for the quote I received a call in minutes, the service has been very efficient with great level of detail. I am very happy with the service I received and will continue to both use and recommend this company!
I found the process of arranging the survey very straightforward on the website the report was promptly made available.

The report was very detailed and has helped us significantly in our hopefully purchase.
Very good service, was quick and efficient. Would recommend to any first time buyers or seasoned vets.
Excellent service and detailed survey
A quick and very comprehensive report, which gives me a good idea of what work my new home will require. Thank you.
iMyHome are a broker. The number of surveyors on their panel are extensive.
I can not fault iMyHome for their service. They were professional, courteous and agreed to discount their original price by 10%, so value for money on the face of it.
The reason for the low rating is the responsibility for the quality of the surveyor lies with them, even if they are a broker.

The surveyor was IMO inexperienced. I felt I was answering all my own questions and concerns.
I regret taking the home buyers report. I knew it would be basic, but the areas I asked to be advised upon were barely answered for some and completely absent for others. (BTW this is the best tip I have for getting the most out of your surveyor, prepare beforehand any areas you want special attention paid to). The surveyor began to retract statements he made as he realised they were false. Such as; loose electrical wiring in several places, when challenged to provide even one of these locations, he could not.

I have had a full structural survey done before by Leo Horsfield surveyors who are fantastic. They came to Lpndon from Brighton. Managed to book it with them for £500 after some fun haggling. The difference in results is overwhelming.

Perhaps I'm being unfair. But I blame the broker for finding me the surveyor.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we appreciate your kind words regarding the service that you have received from iMyHome, we do pride ourselves on as you say our professionalism, and our customer service.

Regarding the surveyor being inexperienced, according to our records the surveyor we allocated has in-excess of 30 years experience and regulated by the RICS, achieving an A* rating last year.

The Homebuyers Report was the right type of survey for the property that you are purchasing providing a detailed report highlighting the concerns and defects that could be costly to you in the future. We will always encourage that you contact the surveyor prior to the inspection and we make this easy for you by providing their contact name, number and email address.

I note we inspected the property in August and it is disappointing that it is only now that we have had the opportunity to resolve your concerns following this review.

The Building Survey is a much more detailed report and does cost more money which would explain the difference in the results compared to the surveyor travelling all the way from Brighton which, according to the RICS is outside of the permitted area.

We wish you all the best in your new home.

The iMyHome Team
iMyHome were very efficient. Very polite on the phone and communicated the process to us to keep us informed and up to date throughout. Really appreciated their work. Thank you!
I got my home buyer report done recently from iMyHome. Theirs was the best quote that I received when compared to others. The next quote was at least £150 extra. The survey was done within 2 days after I made the payment, and received the report in 3 working days. Everything went like a breeze, just like you wanted. I would recommend them.
Easy to arrange, prompt arrangement for the survey and report with 2 day’s, great service.
Replied to enquiry within 5 minutes , other companies were making contact days later, needless to say I went with imyhome who were also the most competitively priced.
Efficient service who responded rapidly to my request to complete a home buyers report. Was extremely competitive price-wise too. Recommended.
Easy comms and good price.
no problems
Reasonably priced. Good service.
I My Home is rated 4.68 based on 1,552 reviews