H. R. Higgins Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend H. R. Higgins

About H. R. Higgins: H.R. Higgins (Coffee-Man) Ltd., established in central London in 1942, is a specialist supplier of fine coffees and teas. Operating from Duke Street, London W1 and Waltham Abbey in Essex, H.R. Higgins and Online, is run by the grandson of founder Harold R. Higgins. It supplies the best available coffees and teas to discerning connoisseurs in all parts of the United Kingdom and all over the world.

company-profile.Click_here
"Wonderful experience. The coffee was beautiful. Will definitly be back again."
(H R Higgins) - Posted 1 day ago
"This shop used to be a pleasure to visit: you could guarantee on getting old fashioned service (an older gentleman was in charge, and there were several young "apprentices" working under him). Nothing was too much trouble, and the staff were always extremely helpful and polite. However, on every visit I have made to the store in the last few years, there have only been several young staff members in the shop, who have given anything but the polite and helpful service I had come to expect from this company. During each recent visit, the staff have kept me waiting, while they chatted and sniggered among themselves - I distinctly got the feeling it was done quite deliberately, and they were laughing at keeping customers waiting on purpose. All the time I was being served, I felt the staff had difficulty in being polite, and they offered no advice whatsoever on the various teas and coffees, which was always a pleasure to hear on past visits. I would still say that Higgins' coffees are of a very high standard; though I am not overly keen on their teas. In the past I would have highly recommended a visit to Higgins to anyone going to the Oxford Street area, now, I'm afraid, I would strongly recommend against it, just to be treated with contempt and get made fun of."
H. R. Higgins is rated 3.50 based on 2 reviews