Hortology Reviews

Lynn Scholes
Hortology 2 star review on 21st May 2019
Deborah Butterworth
More Photos & Videos
Great plants. They arrived when expected and were well packed and got here in one piece. Horology recommended to me and I will gladly do so to others.
Great service, with excellent delivery.
Posted 56 minutes ago
Perfect house warming gift
Posted 1 hour ago
One superb Dracaena received of excellent quality
I recently ordered three 12” plants from Hortology. This was my first time ordering from them and I was very impressed. Communication was very good and my order arrived quickly. Everything was packaged securely and the plants were in excellent condition. Very happy with my purchase!
Great quality plant pots. Delivered and packaged well.
Loved my plants all arrived quickly and in very good condition thank you!
Very helpful service.
Brilliantly packed and lovely range of plants and pots.
My lace fern arrived in perfect condition, the plant and plant pot were packaged carefully. The images and details on the website were clear. Easy to use website. I will definitely be ordering from Hortology again.
This is my second order for indoor pots and a first for buying houseplants. I was dubious about ordering plants but they had been carefully packed and arrived in excellent condition. I like the use of brown paper and cardboard with minimal use of plastic for the packaging. The order arrived very quickly and I'll have not hesitation in placing further orders.
The range is good, but compared to places like Patch, or even Ikea, the price of plants is quite high, and I don't think they provide any extra value for that. The plants I've had have all been barely the minimum height indicated and a few have died within six months. The care guides are really basic. The customer service is complete garbage.
Thank you Matthew for your comments.

I have checked back and the only communication we can find with you was back in February when you raised an issue about an older order received the previous Autumn, where the plants had not done too well. The main plant was a Schefflera Gold Capella which had subsequently died. We provided as much information as we could as to why this might have happened, it is sad that you felt this response was complete garbage.

We would have been more than happy to provide some care advice when the plant started to deteriorate had you got in touch at the time. We may then have been able to save the plant. I can also see that you discussed this plant on a forum earlier in the year and admitted it had been over-watered. On this basis, as this was completely outside of our control, I am unsure what else we could have done to help you.

Please note: as stated on our size guide, plant heights are approximate and are provided for indicative purposes only. The key size in determining the maturity of a plant is usually the diameter of the grow pot. Plant heights include the height of the grow pot and the height/length of the foliage and it may be that you have not taken this into account when measuring the plants? We would always strive to ensure the plants are close to the height stated if not taller wherever possible.

Kind regards
Sandra
Hortology
The plants and planters have all been fab. The plants I have had from hortology have fared much better in the long term than ones I have obtained elsewhere.
Order arrived on time by courier
Lovely product
Would recommend this company
Very happy with the service and products purchased!
I have bought a lot of plants online from various different retailers, I have been disappointed on many occasions! However, Hortology on the other hand offer the best product, service and delivery online. Every stage of the transaction was easy, the product arrives when it should, heavily armoured in purpose built packaging and on time. I had need to contact the customer service team and Julia was an absolute pleasure to deal with, she went the extra mile and had a good sense of humour along the way. These guys a really know what they are doing, thanks again for the brilliant service, its your quality of product and service that puts you head and shoulders above everyone else.
Came expertly packaged and totally safe, the quality is really good. There's a few questionable brown spots on my neon pothos otherwise perfect service!
Very happy with the the products and service. All arrived looking better than the images and really good value for money. Enjoying the beauty and benefits of the plants in lockdown as a great alternative to my usual weekly cut flowers.
Loved the plant pot I bought, really cool! Was a little confused about delivery times as found conflicting info on the website re COVID, but it's all good. I think on my order confirmation email it would have been great just to reiterate the time they expected delivery to take.
My order arrive quickly and extremely well packaged - my oder contained 4 fragile pots and none of them were damaged. Would definitely recommend!!
Plants are beautiful, range superb, delivery problem free. Just a bit too enticing, it's become a habit!
Lovely full plant which arrived in great condition.
Hortology is rated 4.86 based on 3,030 reviews