Original Organics Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Original Organics

About Original Organics: Our patented Wormeries have received recognition worldwide since the 1980s. Leading manufacturer & distributor of gardening, recycling & water conservation equipment. GM8 Group Ltd Brand. Huge Range. Highly Accredited. World Famous Wormeries & Composters. Low Prices.

Part of the GM8 Group (together with WaterButtsDirect, The Wormery and Guttermate to name a few)

cs@gm8group.com

54 Wilbury Way
HItchin
SG4 0TP

Tell us how Original Organics made you happy

Peter Pusey
"Watched the on line video easy to install. Captures more water going down the pipe than the diverter which came with the water butt from B&Q and after one good night of rain my 300litre butt was full of clean water."
David Amphlett
"What I ordered and what I received, were as stated, very happy with products."
Richard Sheldrake
"Items arrived after a delay as one item was not in stock. Erected water butt which I later discovered was sent with wrong base i.e. too small in diameter. Butt fell off base when filling up and split. Phoned customer service , sent photos but after two weeks still no response."
"In general the wormery seems good quality, but despite following the instructions it has failed to establish and there are no signs of any worms in there anymore! There were a couple of issues when it was delivered: - I recieved a hard block of coir instead of compost as stated in the instruction and was not sure how to make this into compost, it was extremely hard to crumble. - The bag of worms were partially crushed by other items in the box. - The stand was not delivered with the wormery, this was quickly resolved and sent later, but I was disappointed that it was packaged in polystrene pieces, completely unnecessary I would have thought for a plastic stand and not what I would expect from an eco friendly company. I am planning to order more worms to give it another try..."
Hello,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Maintaining a wormery is hard work, especially because there are no exact sciences to how to get the best results from your wormery. Unfortunately, we cannot stop worms trying to escape as they are able to get through even the tiniest of holes. Therefore, the best possible way of dealing with them is to make their living conditions as ideal as it can be. The includes:
- Keeping the wormery under shelter so that rain doesn't fall on it, potentially drowning the wormery. Sheds and garages are ideal places to keep your wormery.
- Making sure that it is not too cold or hot for them.
- Avoiding acidic foods such as fruits and peels.
Of course, this is all mentioned in the wormery guide and as mentioned in the guide, to break down the coir block you will have to soak it in water first.
We are sorry to hear that the bag of worms was partially crushed when they arrived, we will take this onto our warehouse team who pack the products. In terms of the use of polystyrene, we try to make sure we are as efficient and as Eco-friendly as possible when it comes to our packaging. However, in order to avoid customers getting their items damaged, which will lead to an unhappy customer and the use of even more packaging, we have decided it is better to try pack it so that it arrives without damage on the first attempt.
We highly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service. If you do have any more queries, please feel free to give us a call and we shall help you as best as we can.
Original Organics
"Product is fine however I was appalled by the amount of plastic used to wrap the bin. Without that I would have rated very good value for money. Please look into an alternative for protecting your product."
"Great service. Everything we needed to set up our new wormery. Expert guide included and the knowledge of an expert being only a telephone call away if needed."
"Everything arrived as described, instructions were good but could be refined a little. No problems with delivery, my worms are set up and thriving and I have everything I need to keep them happy."
"Good service and plenty of additional info to help get the wormery started and working"
"I researched about buying a wormery very thoroughly , and visited the website multiple times to get everything clear in my head. The two wormeries that I bought came a little later than expected, and once set up using the very poor directions given, and thank godness for you tube. There was little bedding provided, so as well as adding my own with moist newspapers and cardboard, I woke up in the morning with the knowledge that all of the worms had escaped from the dog poo deluxe wormery, and most from the deluxe wormery, (which have all moved on too) I understand that not all of the worms will stay but the designs makes it very easy for them to get out, despite doing all that was suggested. Now I have to buy worms again and bedding in order not to waste all money I have already spent."
"Misled by photo of product on website as product delivered was not colour expected. No problem with them arranging return (at my cost!) & another from new stock delivered."
"I ordered live worms. The website had a .ie address so it wasn't until after they were shipped that I realised that they shipped from the UK (I live in the R of Ireland). I recieved an email to say that they had shipped on the Wed before a bank holiday weekend. They arrived on the Tuesday after the weekend packed in AIRTIGHT plastic bags. Half were dead. I contacted customer service. They told me that the worms were shipped on Tuesday and whatever happened after that was the fault of the postal service. Shipping was E14 approx. There are cheaper ways to aquire dead worms."
Hello Diana,

We ship our worms throughout Europe and we do everything we can to make sure that the worms arrive to our customers alive. They are kept in a fridge to keep them dormant during the journey and the bags that they are kept in have small holes throughout the bag so that they get the air to survive as well.

Unfortunately, once shipped from our warehouses, it is no longer under our control how quickly it reaches the customer. If the courier encounters some problems or delays during the transit, there will be delays for it to arrive there.

However, we recognise this is not a good experience for you and we wish to resolve this with you. We shall get in contact with you to discuss potential solutions to your problems. Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Original Organics
"The screws weren't fit for the job. They were too short and one of them broke. I had to buy more."
Dear Kate,

Thank you for taking the time to review us - your feedback helps us improve our services.

Our Terracottage water butt comes with 7 screws to fit it to the wall. We are sorry that one of them broke - had you of called us we would have been more than happy to send you some additional screws.

We hope you got your Terracottage wall mounted water butt fitted onto the wall and are enjoying using the product. If you are still building it you can consult our installation guide here:

However, we must add that given you have now used your own screws, we can take no responsibility if any resulting damage occurs.

Kind Regards,
Original Organics
"Original Organics were helpful and pleasant to work with. My delivery was arranged to fit in with my schedule and when it arrived it was exactly as it had appeared on the website. Instructions were clear and helpful. Both me and my worms are happy."
"My wormer it continues to produce leachate it is now five years old and continues to perform well."
"Disappointing. Delay after order £10 worms lethargic, all dead after 2 weeks."
Hello,

Apologies for any delay in delivery which you may have experienced. We had delivered your order within the 5 working days which we outline in our delivery terms. We are sorry to hear that the worms died soon after arrival as well. We have provided you with a free replacement to help you get going again and we hope you have better luck this time. We also have a great wormery guide available to help you get the most out of your wormery and keep your worms alive. Please see the link below.

Original Organics
"Excellent product delivered quickly and efficiently"
"Rotol 300 litre compost converter, well made and durable product, good tight sealing lid...."
"The order arrived in good time . However the new tray for my wormery is slightly different to the ones I purchased with the original kit (which may have not been from you) so does quite fit together with the existing trays . I probably can modify if though. Thanks"
Hello,

It doesn't look like you have previously purchased anything with us, which may explain why the tray is a different size to the one you have got. We hope you have managed to make the necessary modifications for it to work.

Original Organics
"Excellent, I was able to get a replacement lid for my worm bin which is over 15 years old."
"Excellent 🐛 home, easy to assemble and a great design."
"I like the overall look and size of this bin, it fits perfectly in a corner of our garden and has adequate capacity of all our garden and kitchen waste. It was delivered in good time. However this is an expensive compost bin and the description refers to the quality of the wood etc. In fact the lid is very poorly put together and many of the wooden slats that make up the sides of the bin are split. The slotted modules makes it sound as if the slats can be moved up and down and removed easily to make turning and digging out the compost easier, which they can't. I think the description could be more accurate so as not to mislead potential purchasers on this count. Due to the size of this product, once it is assembled there is a disincentive to return it. I think given the quality of the pieces of wood I received and the fact the lid is just resting on top and doesn't fit into the bin, it is over-priced."
"I had a small problem, sorted in no tie. Thank you."
Original Organics is rated 4.05 based on 555 reviews