Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
I don't normally bother with reviews but I cannot encourage people enough to avoid Go assist. I have given them one star only because there doesn't seem a way of giving no stars. My samsung washing machine had a problem. Go Assist charged me £109 plus £20 for an urgent visit. The engineer from their subcontractor Little Mix said it was a bearing problem and he'd need to speak to the manufacturers and get back to me. He never did. A week later I chased Go Assist and they said they had now heard from the manufacturer and the machine was a write off and they could do nothing further. Then it occurred to me that this £900 washing machine (less than two years old) was still under warranty,so I phoned Samsung. They sent an engineer, confirmed it was a bearing problem and it was readily fixable. They duly did so without any fuss under the guarantee. So much for Go Assist's claim that the manufacturer had confirmed it was a write off. Then the fun part. I complained to Go Assist, explained what happened and asked for my money back. They sent me a series of emails saying they could not correspond with me because my email address was not registered with them. This was notwithstanding that they had previously sent me emails concerning the repair to that email address. When I phoned them, the rep said that was ridiculous, my email was obviously registered with them, he'd sort out the position and get back to me. He never did. A few days later I tried again but they still said my email was not registered with them and they couldn't respond. So I phoned them again, the person I spoke to this time then sorted the problem (temporarily). I sent an email and explained the repair problem.They asked: could I send the documentation provided by Samsung on the repair to them? As it was under warranty Samsung had provided no documents to me but I invited Go assist to come and see that the machine they had inspected and written off was now working perfectly. They declined that offer as not appropriate. The next email I sent to them came back with the familiar "your email is not registered with us so we cannot respond." And that's where we are now. So when you see the unanimous five star reviews published on the Go assist website you might want to have in mind those of us who regard their service and client care (and competence) as an absolute disgrace.
The date I signed up for was not delivered and the service agent who was supposed to be doing the job had stopped working for Go Assist some months previously. Go Assist tried to deny this but I had spoken directly with the agent concerned. Go Assist then tried to offer me a new date which was unacceptably far into the future. I then discovered that they had taken the money for the repair and the first months warranty on the day I signed up. Taking money and not providing a service is gaining financial reward under false pretences which is a criminal offence. I want all my money back. I see from other reviews that this company is truly horrendous. I agree with others who say that you should NOT use them.
VERY EASY TO ARRANGE
Have had a terrible time trying to get my freezer repaired. Communication is appalling, I have contacted them 12 times with only two negative responses. Their customer services is non existent and over two months on still have a freezer needing a compressor. £109 paid for a shockingly bad service. Not impressed would advise you not to use.
Very keen to sign up new customers but they don’t communicate delays, refuse to let you cancel, won’t accept the basic consumer rights legislation which protects consumers from ridiculous pricing. Don’t send details of parts. No paperwork to prove they are genuine and refuse to discuss the fact that the repair was dangerously shoddy.
I found the staff bullish, overbearing and unhelpful. I felt pressurised into justifying why I wanted to cancel my policy within the cooling off period. The member of staff I spoke to simply would not accept no for an answer and this made me feel intimidated. I am a pensioner and do not expect to feel this way in dealing with a company who should be proficient in customer service. Most unprofessional.
3 weeks after taking plan out- I still have not got a date for repair to my appliance. 2 days after taking plan out did not receive the promised call - no answer when I tried to call tel.no given. I then e mailed go assist/ big warranties asking for full refund of the plan - this was ignored ! Engineer then made contact ( sadly my husband unaware of debacle allowed engineers visit 😩 it isnow over 2 weeks and I have just today been notified of additional parts costs and advised I will have to wait at least another 10 days for the repair !
DO NOT TRUST THIS BUSINESS. I wrote to cancel a booking on the 30th November (I simply bought a new dryer so didnt need a service of existing dryer), and Go Assist claimed I sent then an email cancelling on the 2nd December. I have evidence of when I sent the email BUT the customer services guy would not allow me to send in my evidence for them to reassess when I sent my email to give me a refund. I now start the annoying process of disputing the transaction. I strongly suggest you find an alternative to this business.
Appalling service, they never contacted us when they said they would. Confusion between them and their agent Non delivery of service despite paying up front. Waiting for refund but wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't appear without launching formal dispute. My advice - don't use.
I contacted this company to arrange a cooker repair , paid over the call out fee and was told the engineer allocated to my area would contact me to arrange a visit . The original call was made on a Friday by the Tuesday I still had received no contact . I called the mobile no given by Go assist for the engineer, after several attempts eventually spoke to someone on Wednesday and was told he didn’t cover my area and had informed the company of this . I recontacted Go assist , after many apologies I was assured someone would call me back , I waited all day , no call was made . Thursday I called them again and was told they didn’t have an engineer in my area anymore . Nearly a week later I am looking for another company to arrange a repair . Very poor service would not recommend them .
Craig Wilson I would just like to express my annoyance in regards to the repair of my microwave as not carried out (yet) by one of your engineers. I think the whole customers service is poor and how I feel I am being led down a garden path and it feels like you have a licence to print money from your customers. I start off by when booking your website and paying £109.00 asked for information on the fault of the microwave, after putting in the make. I would have thought any engineer with any sort of experience, when I have originally stated the microwave was working but not heating. Surely from that information an experienced engineer should be able to give an indication to what maybe wrong, and let the customer know on their visit they will be checking for what maybe the outcome. The first visit the engineer came round in my head to repair the microwave, I got home to find out he had not even looked at it, as it was an integrated microwave and he did not want to damage the panel by removing it. I do kind of understand and appreciate his concerns. But there was no report/text/email, to tell me this was an issue, I had to chase this information up. The second visit OK I removed the panel so access could be given to remove the microwave the original conversation he was making an appointment to come and repair your microwave! Note my annoyance to come home from work to find out OK it had not been repaired. There was no written report or anything no email or text message to say why. I had to again chase this information up from your engineer. He stated he had reported to your company the issue and you would be in touch. At this point I found out the Magnetron was the fault and it was going to cost £164.00, I agreed to pay to get this fixed. I paid and it was then 5 days until I had heard anything in regards to what was happening. I set an appointment again to get this repaired. Find my annoyance again to find out after spending £164 + £109 for labour to find out this is still not repaired. Suddenly there is another fault. Again no written report/text or email, If the engineer was experienced surely he could have known and highlighted the fact that OK the Magnetron is not working, that could lead to other faults but I won’t know until a magnetron is fitted, then the cost could generally go up and up. Then I could make an informed decision on whether to go ahead with the repair or not. Now I am in a no win situation, if I choose not to get it repaired I have wasted £273.00. I choose to get it repaired it has now cost me £376.00. I could have bought a new microwave for that. I just think it is wrong when a little bit of communication could have avoided all of this. I have spoken to customer services on a number of ocassions trying to get this resolved and every time they are so apologetic, but it appears to come to no more than words because nothing is getting done. I phoned up and explained all of the above and the customer service agent could not have been more supportive and agreeing with me, but it again came to no conclusion. I once again had to phone up two weeks later after this to again find out if anything was happening and again the agent stated he would be on it everyday, chasing it up to get this resolved. I am now a further three weeks down the line and again I have still hear nothing? I am sure you understand this situation and I would like a reply. Regards Craig Wilson.
Fast and reliable in our time of need in the run up to Xmas.
Shocking service. Tried 12 times to get them to follow up on a quote, 8 of those by email to customer services. A month later and they still have not once got back to me and my fridge freezer is waiting for a replacement condenser.
Very easy to book a repair.
Daryl Boden, the engineer, arrived 5 mins early. He was there for 55 mins to fix what seemed to be an impossible task. I’m very happy with the service from start to finish. All for a fixed fee of £69 .
I do not rate your service . The engineer took to long to arrive , it was impossable to contact anyone and I was charged far to much for a simple repair. I would NEVER use your company again. I now find you have kept my credit card details for a year on your system and charged me £124.83 for insurance I never signed up for under the name of BIG WARRANTIES . I never received the email you claim you sent to set up this unwanted plan. Customers should be aware that you act in this deceitful way and are not protected from your sharp practices by consumer rights. It also takes 15 mins or more to get through to speak to a person at your call center who are pleased to say they cannot be of help. I have loged a formal complaint and no it could take months to get back the £124.83 you have stolen.I have also contacted my credit card provider to stop you steeling more money from me.
I telephoned Go Assist to enquire about fixing my oven and asked a lot of questions about cover options as my oven is over 20 years old. I told the agent I didn't want to pay a call out fee if it couldn't be fixed and he assured me that if I took out an insurance policy, I would be covered and if it couldn't be fixed, I would be able to claim on the insurance. His opinion, however was that it was easily fixable and I shouldn't be concerned. He assured me Go Assist are regulated by the FCA so he couldn't lie to me. It turned out the oven couldn't be fixed but I was told I could transfer the policy to a new appliance. I said I wanted to claim and was told this wasn't possible as this only kicks in after it is fixed for the first time. The insurance policy is given by BIG Warranties who are covered by the FCA but Go Assist are not! I emailed Go Assist's complaints department, detailing dates of all calls and asking them to listen to conversations but got an incredibly rude reply simply stating that because the agent read the T&Cs out to me at the end of the call, I wasn't entitled to anything, even though I asked direct questions about the service which I received lies to as a response. I said I would forward this to the Ombudsman and they just said they weren't covered by them so that's that. I find this very underhanded and would definitely avoid!
Paid a extortionate £239 fee to fix my cooker and it took nearly 7 months. After a simple fix and a 15 minute visit i was told i couldn’t get any money back from the initial estimate. Don’t use them. Complete rip off with awful customer service. Refused to cancel the job and do t stuck to their own terms and conditions. Better to buy a new cooker. !
What a rip off! 1 star can cover initial quick response to take your £109 in advance the rest was complete shambles. I explained the fault code which suggested minor repair on my 8 years old appliance. The engineer seemed clueless and asked me questions where I found the info about the fault. After reading his manuals he decided it was a different fault. No indication of price for the part. Guess what? To repair my old washing machine would cost me no less than £400. Of course I cancelled and lost £109. Very expensive call charge. Proper bunch of crooks. Go assist yourself and get a new appliance instead.
If I could give zero stars I would. Asked for a repair to a dishwasher on 21/10 and paid £69. The next day after properly reading the terms and conditions I decided to cancel - which was within there 14 day cooling off period. After repeated emails I am still awaiting return of my £69, There customer service is a joke.
Hi James,

Sorry you have not been happy with the service you've experienced. I'd like to chase this up and ensure you case is dealt with, therefore I kindly ask that you email your policy number and full name over to marketing@emailbig.co.uk

Kind regards,