Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
STAY AWAY FROM GO-ASSIST!! HORRENDOUS COMPANY 1. SELL YOU A REPAIR AND REPLACE INSURANCE AT POINT OF SALE 2. ASSURE YOU THAT IT IS ‘REPAIR OR REPLACE’ 3. Put you through hell to get an engineer out, trying in the meantime to sell you an upgrade for manufacturers engineer 4. Go out eventually say they can’t fix it and not replace and refund you. 5. Send you from department to IN MY OPINION THIS IS TANTAMOUNT TO CRIMINAL ACTIVITY. And it is deliberate in the full knowledge from the many horrendous reviews of their own customers. Yet they continue to make promises minute after to minute, to new customers.
Rubbish company##### Found them online. Request to fix my wash machine charged £79 Plus insurance of 8.95 monthly And went to fix the wash machine And sent me a email saying to fix the want other £206 Called them to cancel they charged me other £50 I felt I a have been robbed by this company Never again!!!!!!!!!!!
Do not use Go Assist! In my first call with the company I was led to believe that my oven would be fixed quickly. I paid £119 for labour. An engineer visited and I heard nothing after. I had to call the company a few times before they let me know that the sheet of glass I needed to repair my oven would cost £239.45! The sheet of glass is available for £176 from Neff. To make matters worse Go Assist wanted me to pay the £239.45 without knowing when they would come to fix it. They said 'it could take up to 8 weeks'!!!!!!! I have asked many times for a refund of the £119 but Go Assist have refused to give this back.
We had high hopes in using Go Assist... It was the first time so we expected the usual fact-finding telephone conversation and possible engineer call-out to check out our AEG Washer Dryer and what the problem was (problem was with the dryer function, the washer function worked fine). We were sold a deal for fixed price labour and pay for parts that were identified. Great. 1st engineer came in January 2021, checked over the machine and said we needed two parts (a main board and a thermostat). Fine, they seem to have identified the issue and (at the time, we thought) they had ordered the parts. Turns out that there was a confused bit of communication with their customer services department as apparently we had to pay for the parts before they can order them (we didn't know this until we called their customer services team to find out that nothing had been ordered and we had to pay in advance for the parts). Anyway, we did... over £200... We waited... and waited... so we called them back again only to be told that the parts still hadn't come into stock and that previously delivered parts were the wrong part for our AEG machine). We were now in April - 4 months after the initial call. In fact, it was so long after the initial engineer call-out that they had obviously lost track of the issue and sent another engineer out to see what the original problem was (again). The engineer identified a different problem with the washer dryer and we need to pay again for a different part. This is where we started to get suspicious... Having spent 2-5 days speaking and emailing their customer services department in establishing why our case was causing such an issue (after all, it was only the drying aspect of the machine that was faulty) they had obviously had enough of us and issued a full and complete refund (over £220). So we went to AEG directly where we have now signed up to a 12 month contract to repair the AEG Washer Dryer and still have labour and parts covered in that contract for the next 12 months. Cheaper (by over £60), better (AEG approved engineers), more reliable (they arrived with the 3 hour time slot) and they came out today (27th May) and fixed the problem on their first visit. Whilst our experience with Go Assist might not be unique, I would be very wary about using anyone that gets you to pay up front for parts that weren't needed and continually fobbed off with excuses and delays. Personally, I'd Go Somewhere Else...
Hey Sean, Thanks for getting in touch. A PCB alongside two other parts were needed for your repair, however the PCB was out of stock despite asking our engineers for an ETA on the part we could not get one. We advised you of the cost of the part and told you before you chose to go ahead with the repair that there was no estimated time of arrival on it. Part of the delay was because you waited a month to pay for the part as you told us you would have a think about it but, we must hold our hands up and say it was partly due to an administration error on our side, which we have fed back to our team to make sure this does not happen again. Due to the delay on the part coming into stock (something we do not have control over, unfortunately) and the continued use of your washing part of your washer dryer it resulted in further damage to the appliance which is why a new part was needed. We understand that you were waiting a long time for the parts and get why you chose not to complete the repair, because of this we refunded the parts paid for in full minus our call out and diagnoses fee since our engineers went out to you twice. We wish you all the best in getting your washer dryer fixed. Charlotte - Go Assist
I spoke to Alecia on 13.10.2021 asking to have my RangeMaster gas hob serviced as 2 of the rings needed to be blown to get them to ignite. I was given a choice of 4 different options I had and mentioned every time (which is in their recording of our conversation) which one is best as it needs a service. I paid £119 and when the repair man called 3 days later, I was informed that Go Assist will not do a service. I called back 7 times and spoke to 6 different people and sent emails twice, but Go Assist would not help me as my contract which they made me agree to without reading, stated that it is my responsibility. I think the contract had 19 pages and who would go to the bother of reading so many pages when I have stated that we need a service with our callout. I agreed and was happy to pay for any parts needed. I made a complaint after the third day when the engineer called and followed up with the emails and phone calls, but they would not help me saying that 30 days had now passed and I would need to pay an extra £119 again plus parts. I am a Carer for my disabled wife and 2 daughters and what with isolating because of COVID have left it up to now to send my review. I will NEVER use Go Assist again and I begrudge to give them a 1 star review as they deserve nil.
Hi Paul, Firstly, I want to thank you for your feedback. Whilst there are some inaccuracies in the version presented, we're always looking at how we can improve, so thank you. A large part of your review focuses on you being misled when you booked your repair. Honesty and transparency is literally THE most important thing to us. Your call was listened to when you first raised your complaint and I have also listened today (we have also sent the recording to you at your request). I can absolutely confirm that at no point were you made to believe that the price you paid included a service. We advised that you were paying for a repair only and you agreed. In regards to the delay with your repair, you were sent a quote directly for the parts. For whatever reason, you didn't respond so the job was closed after 1 month. When you then chose to go ahead again, naturally a new fee would be required for the new call out. But, we understand you went to the company we had in place for you directly, paying them a second call out fee anyway. Confusion seems to have played a big part in your experience, and it's something we always improve on, but I passionately defend any accusation of misleading people. We hope you were able to get your appliance repaired and wish you all the best. Charlotte - Go Assist
Got them to book an engineer's visit but engineer knew less about washing machine than I did. Decided to not pay for full repair but customer service team offered to get me an urgent replacement machine rapidly which I accepted. Heard nothing for 3 days about delivery and was told then told machine would be delivered yesterday by text at 20:20 hrs. Finally they agreed they could not get me a new machine and hopefully my money paid 7 days ago should be on the way back to my credit card. No customer service only nice words they knew I wanted to hear. I will never use them again.
Hey Michael Thank you for your feedback & getting in touch. We are sorry that you did not wish to proceed with your repair this time and I can see that you chose to benefit from a discounted replacement under our home membership however, unfortunately this went out of stock when we went to order it :-( We know this is frustrating but, we find that appliances can go out of stock at any time. We will be happy to find you an alternative appliance with our home membership appliances, please give us an email and we will be happy to help you with this. Charlotte - Go Assist
I am still waiting for a repaid booked over a month ago. Customer service are difficult and a little rude.
Hey Emmanuel , Thank you for getting in touch. We know that delays on parts are annoying but it is unfortunately, something that is not in our control. However, I can see that the engineers attended your property to repair the appliance today and reported that no one was home. Please give us a call and we will be more than happy to re-arrange this appointment for you. Charlotte - Go Assist
I had booked a repair of my extractor fan today (19/05/21), paid for in advance. I received a phone call a week prior confirming the booking and then today no one showed up or even called to say they weren't coming. I contacted Go Assist who assured me they would turn up but they didn't and Go Assist didn't even offer to contact the engineer in the first instance I had to chase it.
Hey Andrew, Thank you for getting in touch. I am glad that the engineer went out to have a look at your extractor fan today 20/05 however, I can agree that it is annoying that they did not go out on the date intended. Unfortunately, the engineers got their dates mixed up in their diary and as far as we were aware the booking was going ahead on 19/05. Our engineers do contact you 30 minutes before arrival but we agree that we should have contacted the engineers to make sure they were coming when you got in touch, and we have taken measures to stop this from happening in the future. As a thank you for getting in touch, please give us an email so we can offer you our exclusive membership discounts. Thanks again, Charlotte - Go Assist
I posted a review 3 weeks ago but felt compelled to include my experience since then. After more emails, a text asking me to call and then being forced to wait on hold for someone to pick up, I’ve been told I won’t get a refund. They have claimed my oven was inaccessible - despite it clearly not being and the engineer telling me he didn’t have the right part. I’ve ended up buying a new oven. The offer of a deliveroo meal was nice as the response on my previous review but I’d have much preferred my money back and you kept your promises. As it is no-one from your complaints team made the deliveroo meal available so I didn’t even get that and now find myself £130 poorer.
Hi Frankie, Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We take onboard all feedback whether positive or negative No one should be made to feel this way and I can see there were initial delays getting an engineer out to you, as a result we have put focus in your area to ensure this doesn't happen again. Unfortunately, Kick-boards make the appliance inaccessible. We do send out a link to help prepare for your engineers visit to which can be found at https://go-assist.co.uk/prepare-for-your-engineer. I have left a note so the next time you call in, we can get that Deliveroo arranged for you! :-)
Don't waste your money! After being lead to believe this would be the best option to repair my gas cooker i had an engineer arrive for 10 min tell me the issue then over a week later finally get told how much they want to charge for parts which was absolutely ridiculous price and they didn't even know when could get parts. Cut my losses and brought a new cooker which arrived next day! PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY PUT YOUR MONEY TOWARDS A NEW PRODUCT!
Thank you for your feedback and, taking the time to get in touch with us. I completely understand that it was frustrating waiting a week for the quote for parts, however unfortunately there were some delays finding the correct part for your appliance from our suppliers which we also found annoying! As the parts needed to be specially ordered, we would not have had an estimated time of arrival until the order was placed. We know these delays were annoying, so as a thank you please give us a call so we can arrange a Deliveroo for you! :) Charlotte - Go Assist
I would steer clear of this company. I have booked an engineer to replace a part they already replaced (it broke within 90 days). After an initial visit, they have received an additional £70 from me for the new parts but not attended the premises again. The engineer who came for the assessment was also not the most polite man in the world, sadly.
I simply do not understand how this company can present 5* reviews on its website when, as is clear from the below the experience is very very different. I booked an engineer under their warranty who did not turn up, did not call and did not email.
Thank you for the taking the time to leave us a review. I can see that one of our engineers came out to you on the 26/04 however reported that no one was home. I am happy to see that the engineer came back out to you today to have a look at your appliance. Our customer care team will be contacting you with the next steps, but in the mean time to let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. :-) Charlotte - Go Assist
I was left in tears by this company and feel completely ripped off. I needed a repair to my oven and was told it could be sorted for a £79 call out with an appointment within 48 hours. Sounded great. Then told it would actually cost £265 to get an engineer to visit. I live in a city, but the nearest engineer was more than 30 miles away. 18 days later the engineer arrived spent 10 minutes checking the knobs and a visual inspection, then says he hasn’t got the part he thinks it might be. After chasing was told the job had been closed down as engineer said the oven was inaccessible. It’s free standing and I was able to pull it out from the wall. Told my only option was to pay an £89 second call out -despite paying for a no fix money back agreement - or co-incidentally an £89 administration charge to get money back. I was made to feel like a liar who had to continually chase to find out what was happening with the repair. Even if I’d gone for a second call out, after almost a week of phoning, they could offer no new appointment time. Please avoid.
Hi Frankie, Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We take onboard all feedback whether positive or negative No one should be made to feel this way and I can see there were initial delays getting an engineer out to you, as a result we have put focus in your area to ensure this doesn't happen again. We do send out a link to help prepare for your engineers visit to which can be found at https://go-assist.co.uk/prepare-for-your-engineer. When you have had a read through this we will be happy to send our engineer back out to you under a new call out. But in the meantime, I'm sure you would appreciate a meal on meal on us, please give us a call so we can arrange a Deliveroo! :-)
You were only interested to take my money without sorting out my problem. I took a policy with Go-Assist for an engineer visit to look at my refrigerator that stopped working twice in the last 12 months and both times It started working again after a day or so by itself. The engineer diagnostic after 30 min looking at my fridge was faulty compressor.  He did not test any other components such as thermostat , capacitor or the relay that can also cause this type of fault. I did not hear from your customer service for the next 48 hrs so I decided to e-mail you instead. I explained the situation as my fridge was working again and how the engineer could come up with his conclusion of a faulty compressor without testing anything else. I asked for 2nd opinion and I was refused this option and was advised that you trust your engineers and the outcome the visit was final unless I pay another engineer visit fee. I was not happy and requested to cancel my insurance policy also since I could not trust you anymore. My insurance was cancelled but I ended up paying the £50 cancellation fee. My fault as I should have read your T&C. It has cost me £129 in total and the only winner is Go-Assist because I refused to accept your engineer diagnostic. The repair cost would have been another £369 extra which is more than a new fridge. Your only aim is to give a hefty repair cost which is based on a false diagnostic and if the customer refuse to accept you still end up with the cancellation fee and the engineer visit cost. Not a bad business at all and there is only one winner and that is Go-Assist.  My fridge is still working and that is not bad with a faulty compressor. Your customer service is appalling. I worked in customer service industry and I always believed the customer is always right.
I organised for them to fix my oven, first the engineer came a week later than agreed, they sent the engineer to the wrong town wasting a lot of our time waiting around, the engineer turned up with nothing and just said the oven door needed replacing, we had already informed them of this and the model when booking. Then we are told that he will do the report and he leaves that cost us £119 - then we don't hear anything for 2 weeks so we have to chase, they tell us the engineer hasn't done the report so they will chase him, then we wait a further 4 days and they still haven't heard anything from their supplier. They refuse our refund as I haven't had a working oven for 4 weeks, also refuse to repair for free no answer is given to the incompetency of their engineer. This is the worst service I have received I a currently already down £120 and have had nothing for it, on the phone they were very unhelpful and continually contradicted themselves - I WOULD NEVER USE THIS COMPANY oh and my oven still isn't fixed, nothing on order and no idea when they will finish it - 4 weeks and counting atrocious I don't trust them to fix my oven now and want my money back
Thank you for leaving feedback regarding your recent experience with our repair service. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the service and would like to investigate this further. Please email marketing@go-assist.co.uk with your reference number and any additional information so that we can look into this for you. Team Go Assist
I'm a nurse and my daughter arranged a repair on the washer dryer she'd given me which worked fine before transport. She paid £119 and believed it would be repaired on Tuesday. Then on Tuesday she received a message saying it would be Thursday so had to book time off work. We weren't given a time and company didnt answer phone. When man finally came he didnt bring any tools - just an ipad He sat on my floor, looked at the machine, said "I've never seen one of these" and when my dad (retired electrical engineer) told him what the machine was/ wasnt doing he said "oh it shouldnt do that- probably this control bit" and then left. Then my daughter received an email saying they'd completed a diagnostic check and repairs would cost £400! He didnt touch the machine, made no attempts to run tests and basically we waited in and paid £120 for a man to sit on the kitchen floor for ten minutes then leave. He told my dad "im not authorised to do any repairs". Appalling service. We intend to request a refund as no diagnostic tests or repair were completed. This company rips people off as my daughter was led to believe she was paying for a repair. Would have given 0 stars but service doesnt allow this. I've now wasted 7 days waiting for a repair they had no intention of completing. I will be complaining to the ombudsman unless we can resolve this tomorrow morning with my machine being repaired as they alleged when they took my daughter's money. As a disabled nurse with a 5 year old I rely on my washing machine and am devastated this has happened. I cant return to work til i can wash my scrubs.
Had a guy out to repair our dishwasher. He had no idea what he was doing. I had already told them the fault and possible part that was needed. Spent 10 minutes telling me everything I had already told him. He then asked to see the manual which he had just been reading! He left by saying people will be In Touch with a part to be ordered. Stay away from this company! Will be seeking a full refund. To top it off NO mask or hand sanitising!
Not even sure where to start. Just avoid at all costs go elsewhere the company is a shambles. Just take a look at all the bad reviews which pretty much sums them up.
Absolutely awful company avoid at all costs. They offer "cheaper" services however you then pay on a monthly basis for a fee. Unable to cancel an unneeded appointment as the office doesn't work on the weekend so had to pay the fee for work not carried out.
Do not go near this company. I booked an engineer to repair a cooker, and was told one would be at my home two days time. I then had to pay £119 up front as a 'call-out' charge. This I paid. On morning of expected arrival of engineer, I telephoned Go Assist to enquire when approx the engineer would arrive. I was then told that they could not find an engineer in my area, so they could not help me, BUT, if I changed from a labour plus parts contract, which I was on, to a contract which was 'all in parts and labour' then they would be able to send an engineer, by the way, his new contract would cost me another £100 on top of the £199 I had already paid. A total ripoff, when I said. 'So you cannot get me an engineer because ther is not one in my area, but, magically, if I pay an extra £100 a suitable engineer suddenly becomes available' the reply on the phone was yes, we can get you one. I cancelled the whole deal, and will never go anywhere them again. I will also tell this story to as many of mu friends and familly as will listen.
Go Assist Ltd is rated 4.40 based on 1,158 reviews