Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Go Assist charged me £190 for service and parts and could not fix the dishwasher as the engineer could not work out how to remove the dishwasher. As such they refused to give me a dishwasher. After this I used another company who managed to remove and fix the dishwasher in 10 minutes. Please don't use Go Assist they will take your money.
Absolute rip off merchants. Quoted me £110 more for a part than the part cost from the official retailer. Contacted them with proof of cost of the part, never heard back from them. Their own website reviews are fake. Take a look at google reviews for a more accurate picture of just how bad this company are.
Website refers to engineers being readily equipped. That doesn’t mean they come with any parts needed for the job. No hidden fees does not mean there are no additional fees you may not be aware of. Paid £79 for labour fee, aware I had to pay for parts (needed a new filter worth £16). Came out with no part. Quote for parts £104 with no guarantee date of repair. I cancelled the repair as needed it resolving quickly and didn’t want to pay an over inflated price for the part. If you cancel the repair and decide not to proceed with the insurance then they charge an additional fee of £50. So that’s £79 plus £50 for someone to look at my machine and confirm what I told them was the issue. 3 different companies are involved - Go Assist, Big Warranties and the local engineer. They get the engineer out to you quickly so you can’t cancel before you read the contract. Cancellations within 24 hours are also charged! Very underhand tactics and definitely need to be avoided!
very poor service, charmimg lady on phone, happy to take money, but after that no service provided, emailed and rang but was ignored, they tried to say that i had no date, but date was booked in when they took the money, no engineer called, or turned up, had to contact my bank and had the company for fraud in order to get my money bank it was £150, would never touch this company again
I telephoned go assist at the beginning of March to repair my fridge freezer .The lady who answered was charming assuring me that an engineer would be in contact.
The person who came out said th e thermostat needed replacing , I called again to be told that after paying £69to go assist and £67-83 to big warranties i needed to pay £157.82for a new thermostat,which I paid immediately then nothing until I tried several times again without a date for repair I asked for my money back.on 13th May and received £157-82. I had been happy for the company to retain the £6 9 and asked for my £67 83 back .I am now told that the money was for an insurance ,which I don't need
I feel that this company is not to be trusted.
Utterly appalling. Typical digital business who refer your job to a third party repairer charging a huge margin for the privilege (You’d be better fining a local guy yourself). I paid £119. The third party company who picked up my job were rude to me on the phone, when the repairman came he sat in front of the dishwasher and told me there was nothing wrong with it and then told me I needed a part but when I told him how much I’d paid for his visit he said that as I’d paid so much that the part would almost certainly be included. GoAssit then quoted me £249 for the part 24 hours later. I could have bought a new machine for that. I googled the cost of the part and can see it actually costs £35. Don’t bother with these guys, support a local tradesman. When I called GoAssist to complain I got a guy who just couldn’t care less. £119 wasted. I hate to think of GoAssist taking advantage of vulnerable people during the current COVID-19 crisis.
after reading so many negative comments I was really worried so I called Go Assist and asked if I could have a refund- They sent an engineer out today and he has fixed my fridge freezer. Thank you so much will be using again if I ever need to
JG
PAID £119- FOR REPAIR SERVICE THEN CHARGED £64.50
FOR PART I COULD HAVE SAME PART FOR £6.46
BE VERRY WARY AVOID GO ASSIST AT ALL COST
Neff fridge freezer, the freezer temperature fluctuated from -24c to -5c cycling every 2 or 3 days over a 2 week period. The diagnosis was (possible) failure of the control panel. I received a parts advise and was told that it would cost £213, but e-spares price for the exact part was £133. Good job I checked and It is a doddle to fix. I will do it myself thank you.
Bad, bad, bad!........ Do not use - dishwasher is still not fixed after 7 weeks due to parts being out of stock. They are refusing to give me back my money - even though they cannot give me a date for the parts to come in. Chased and chased - apparently the complaints department do have a phone line to speak to their customers - really. Absolute joke - now taking it further. Also be warned - they charge an high admin fee on any parts ordered which they do not tell you over the phone but apparently it's in the contract! STAY AWAY if you want your appliance fixed in 2020.....
Thought I was getting a great deal from go assist payment of £136.83 taken under the PRETENCE of repairing my oven. I was told an engineer would contact me to make the call out appointment within a couple of hours.
After waiting all day I contacted go assist to find out what was going on only to be told they don't have engineers that cover my area my contract will be cancelled & I should receive a full refund within 3-5days! My full address was taken at time right at the start so why can they take payment for a service they cannot provide.
Also why did the company not contact me to give this information I had to chase them for it. Not one word of apology was given DON'T GET DRAWN IN BY THIS COMPANY they clearly have no morals I dont live out in the sticks I live in Eastliegh
It was very stressful and time consuming dealing with Go Assist. I booked a freezer repair in October 2019. On the first call out I was told I would need parts. 4 months later I am still waiting for the repair to be completed. I have spend ages chasing Go Assist to get updates, as they did not keep me properly informed of progress. Having spend ages on hold during countless calls to go assist I asked for my money back, they refused. 4 months in January 2020. Go assist holds my money and my freezer still needs repaired. I wish I have just bought a new freezer, the time and stress is not worth it! GO ASSIST ELSEWHERE IN FUTURE!
Avoid Go Assist Ltd at all costs, a shambles.

Go Assist charged me £160 for the privilege of NOT fixing my diswasher, and they refuse to refund.

As you will probably guess this is not a 5 star review. Things you should note about this firm.

Their website (by their own admission) mis-represents their service, do not be lured by phrases such as fast and efficient service, or repairs from "Today onwards", when they take your money they will also indicate a preferred date.

Do not believe any of it, their actual delivery terms are hidden in their terms and conditions, they use third party engineers and therefore cannot commit to any dates when they take your money.

When I committed my money for an engineer to attend to fix my Bosch dishwasher in what I thought would be two days, I was given a number by go-assist and asked to ring a third party to book my own visit, the earliest I could get an engineer was two weeks, and purely for a diagnosis visit, not a fix!

Because of the Christmas break I reluctantly agreed to wait for this visit, the engineer visited, listened to the dishwasher, did not even remove the dishwasher from its housing and decided that it needed a spare part and that he would let Go Assist know to order it.

Then nothing heard, so I chased go-assist, you will get used to that if you use them.

The part required was the drain pump, official Bosch Website price with VAT approx £30, Go-Assist Price £91. Read their terms and conditions, they charge an admin charge of £50 per part. I did manage to get the admin charge removed, in anybody's oprinion £50 is excessive.

I approved the purchase for the part, but due to delays at this stage I managed to get the manager Pippa involved, I was told that the part would be ordered and I could expect a repair in about a week.

A week later, with nothing heard, I chased again, the part had just been delivered but I was expected to wait nearly another two weeks for an engineer to visit. A total time for repair from initial contact with go-assist to the repair 36 days.

I cancelled the engineer and asked for a refund from Go-Assist, which they refused, they seem to think that the gross mis-representation of their advertising could be justified by their "terms and conditions", I will reclaim my money from them through the small claims court.

Even though I cancelled the engineer, and had confirmation from Go-Assist that this was the case, he still turned up on the 36th day to repair the dishwasher, this organisation really is a shambles.

As for my dishwasher, I used another major firm, cheaper, guaranteed and time to fix 53 hours, not 36 days!

As you can see, best to avoid Go Assist, thay will waste your life.

Evidence retained on all of the above.
DO NOT USE!!

Dreadful service, ripped off with the cost of the parts and at the end I was told my dishwasher is irreparable.

I paid £109 for a repair service, which I did not receive and when I requested a refund I was told this money was for the engineers travel time and call out cost.

I have paid more to have the dishwasher repaired than I paid for it new and I still have a broken dishwasher.

On top of that, the engineer was incredibly rude and unprofessional and the whole experience with Go Assist has been a horror show after parting cash with them.

AVOID!!!!
Brilliant service. Only 8 weeks to get a microwave repaired and they don't clog up your inbox with useless emails...or any emails at all for that matter. They resolved my complaint really quickly by closing it before the repair was even complete. You get through really quickly to sign up, but a big plus....you get to listen to some great music while on hold to the repairs extension.
A week wasted by a misleading web site and dreadful service. On Sunday our oven went on the blink so as a result of web search early Monday morning, I found Go Assist. As part of the booking process their web portal asks "When would you like it repaired" by means of a pop up calendar with available dates. I was delighted to see the following day (Tuesday) available so selected it and, on the reasonable understanding that the repair would be put in hand on the selected date, paid £109. I then received a confirmation email saying the repair would be done as quickly as possible. As this conflicted with my understanding when I placed the order, I rang Customer Services only to be told that basically the date selected on the web order form is completely irrelevant and the repair would be scheduled when their engineers got in touch with me. Understanding that I wasn't happy, they spoke to their engineers who said they would attend on Thursday and would ring beforehand to arrange. Thursday came and went without any communication so Friday I cancelled the order and managed to find a local repairer who will come on Monday.
@GoAssist Dreadful service from #GoAssist. First call 2nd Dec for Microwave repair. 23 Jan still waiting. They 'investigated' my complaint about poor service and finished it before the repair was even complete. Don't even reply to emails any more. 🙁
Fast and friendly service
Go Assist were good at arranging someone to come and look at my boiler, which they did on a fixed fee, refundable if no repair possible.

No repair was possible, and so I'm due a refund and they are not answering my emails any more.
NEVER EVER go with this company. They are very fast to take your money but totally unreliable . After over 3 months of waiting for engineers to turn up, parts to be ordered then sent back because they are faulty I am informed my dishwasher is beyond repair. The communication between the engineer and company is appalling , the communication between company and client is appalling. I am awaiting a full refund but fully believe I will receive no composition. They promises a fast and reliable service, they said they would fix my dishwasher or replace it, none of these promises have been met. I am a small business and I would be bending over backwards to make amends and to provide compensation for not fulfilling what was promised. When I tried to cancel my insurance they said I had to pay them money. A really stressful experience, and their behaviour has been totally unprofessional and fraudulent.It has taught me a lesson not to trust many of these firms on line.
Go Assist Ltd is rated 4.53 based on 1,112 reviews