Go Assist Ltd Reviews

Read Go Assist Ltd Reviews

customerservices@go-assist.co.uk

Richmond HouseRichmond Hill

Tell us how Go Assist Ltd made you happy
This company is awful. I paid £120 for an engineer to come out on 5/1/21, not only did they arrive on 8/1/21, the guy was here for 15 mins only to tell me we needed to parts and they needed to be ordered in so he couldn’t fix it. He said we would receive a text with the cost etc.

After we got the text the same day, we paid for the parts. It now being a week later I’ve had to chase to see what’s going on as we had no payment confirmation and heard no update of when they will be here to fix it.

They have now advised the parts have been ordered today but won’t be with the engineer until 21/1/21. So that will be 2 weeks since they originally came out, and no doubt we will still have to wait for the engineer.

This company is awful and I will never be using them again.

£350 down and would’ve been quicker and more cost effective to get a new dishwasher which they failed to tell us !
Waste of time ... took my upfront payment and set up a insurance policy only to tell me four days later they won’t be able to fix my fridge even though they haven’t even looked at it .... wouldn’t bother unless you like wasting you’re own time 👍🏽
The engineer who visited was nice however, it turns out that they can't order parts for an oven if you don't have the model number. I don't have this because I live in a rented property - and neither does my landlord. Prior to the appointment, I was on the phone for almost 20 mins with customer services, and at no point did they tell me this. If I had known I likely wouldn't have bothered to book an engineer. That's £119 down the drain. They won't even re-open my case and I've asked them to twice as it would be worth the money if the engineer could attend to fit a new oven.

Wouldn't recommend and wouldn't use again.
Hi,
I certainly won’t be using this company again.
The guy came one day late because he was behind, and wanted to leave us until the very last call of the day, but which time it was evening. He was clearly trying to make as much money as possible in a day.
So, not ideal. He came the following day, again after 6pm
He was there for 5 minutes, took the 65 quid, told us it needed a new part, but didn’t seem interested in fitting it, or if it was not cost effective, actually fitting a new dishwasher for us.
He messaged back the next day to let us know the cost, but that he couldn’t get the part.
I didn’t bother replying, as he showed no interest in doing any further work, so I have written off the money, and put it all down to bad experience.
However, i might set up my own business, pretending to be a repair man, charge a call out fee, tell them its broken and disappear into the sunset. Easy money!!!!
After 3 months and half, i'm still waiting an answer regarding a spare parts already ordered and already paid.
Called four times and all times they told me to wait or that i would have received a call back from a technicians or i don't know who....
Shame on you especially during this time of pandemic and regarding people who, still don't working, paid immediately the amount requested without receiving the service.
They are a cowboy outfit pure and simple. They make promises they can't keep and refuse to replace like for like as promised

I would never recommend such an unprofessional outfit to anyone at all

Infuriatingly disappointing service
I have been very disappointed with the service I have received from this company and despite my repeated attempts at phoning and asking for help I have been let down badly. I applied to have my dishwasher repaired in October. The job was sent to Capital Repairs who sent over a repairman. This man looked at my dishwasher , quite grudgingly, turned it on and let some water flow into the dishwasher. He then told me that I would need new parts and that the office would contact me. He took a picture of my dishwasher and left.

A few days later I started receiving e-mails and phone calls from Capital Repairs to say that the pictures that the engineer sent were not of good quality and then they started asking me to send pictures of codes. This went on for over two weeks. Finally, they said they were ready to order. I paid for the parts and then followed a wait of around a week.

The same repair man came to my house as previously, I was not present at that time and my son was home. He walked in and was annoyed straightaway. He said that why hadn't we taken the unit door of before. He opened the dishwasher and as there was a little water from the last time, he had put it on. He said that he was not going to fix the dishwasher as the water smelt. He started swearing and told my son that when we had taken the door off and taken out the water he would come and replace the parts. He left the new ordered parts in my house and left.

I then phoned Capital Repairs and Go Assist about the shocking treatment. Capital Repairs apologised and confirmed they would send me a different repair man. The repairman was booked in for Wednesday. On Wednesday afternoon, I received a phone call from Capital Repairs to say that there was a family emergency so my repair man could not come. It was booked for Friday. On Friday I phoned up in the afternoon and was told , oh sorry there was a booking error and now they had booked a repairman for Monday. On Monday, I was waiting and phoned in the afternoon again to be told, oh sorry there had been an administrative error and the job had not been booked. I was very angry at this point and the lady dealing with my call said that she would get a repairman to come to my house today. The repairman did come. At this point- I learnt how to unclip the door of the unit and made sure there was no visible water in the dishwasher so that there would be no excuse! The repairman looked at the dishwasher for a minute and said that he could not repair the dishwasher here and that now it would have to be taken to the workshop. I was angry on why this was the case. The repairman said it was the fault of the previous repairman as he had not done his job properly. The date given to me to collect the dishwasher was in 10 days.

I then phoned Go Assist to complain about this. The gentleman I spoke to said he would look into the matter and phone me back. I did receive a phone call back which I missed the next day. I promptly phoned back and spoke to another customer advisor. He said he would look into my case and then told me that he looked at my case and the reason why Capital Repairs could not fix my dishwasher was because there was water in my machine which I did not drain!!! At this point I stated that I was cancelling my policy!

I have attached the receipts from Capital Repairs and also a video of my dishwasher so that you can see there is no visible water in my dishwasher.

Go -assist are refusing to pay me any money back. Please don't use this company!
Quote was misleading and a lot more than the website suggested. Told me I would also have to pay for the labour on top of a call out regardless of whether they fixed it.
They keep texting an emailing me about completing a reservation I never made.
Terrible experience. I'm a landlord and booked them to check the tenant's freezer. The engineer showed up for 5 minutes, says that he didn't have the right tools to open up the freezer to determine gas type and there wasn't a model number. He said he will pop back in but never did.

2 weeks later I rang up and was told "the freezer was of the wrong gas type" and I would get a full refund.

Then I got a call 30 minutes later, saying that the engineer was onsite and asked for a payment for parts??!!! I thought things have been turned around and paid for the parts.

This is where things went beyond belief, a few hours after I paid for the parts I received an email saying the extra parts payment has been refunded.

I queued over an hour to finally get on to customer care team (note that they put you on Customer Service queue first then explain Customer Care is a different team, jokers).

I was told the following:

- The second charge (for parts) was a mistake, it was for a different customer hence they refunded it.

- The will not refund the call out charge for the first one because the "freezer gas is too old" - although the engineer said he didn't know the model number and didn't have the tool to open the freezer to determine gas type onsite. Clearly it was a made up report to save him a return visit.

So all in all, I lost £79 call out charge. Not a big deal for a landlord but shows you how little control the company has over his contractors.

Avoid like plague.
This is the 16th of December. Our cooker oven fan has quit working, so I contacted these people to see if the could repair it. Yes, they said, and took my money, £119. They said that a repairman would be with us on Wednesday (today) and that they would call either yesterday or perhaps today to arrange for a time to come by and make the repair. It is now 4:45 pm. Having heard nothing from anyone, I called Go Assist to enquire. After waiting on hold for long periods listening to annoying music, and on the third attempt, I finally spoke to someone who assured me that they could have a repairman to me by January 4! I am annoyed. Very annoyed. I recommend that you not use these people.
We have been so frustrated with this company. We have a faulty dish washer and asked for a repair person to come to the house to fix it. Next thing we know they have charged us for a 12 month contract and my wife called and tried to get them to reverse that but they said no. Now that they had us locked into a 12 month contract they took 10 days to come out and fix the problem, only for them to see the error code (which we repeatedly told them on the phone ten days earlier) and say they did not have the part required. So we wait another 2 weeks and he comes to install the new part only to say that the part he has received is faulty!! Another 8 days later they come back to 'fix it' I check in with him while he is working to make sure he has everything he needs and it is going to be fixed and he says yes. He finishes the job, says it is fixed and as soon as he leaves we put a cycle on and the SAME ERROR come back up and it stops working again. I've now been on hold for 8 minutes waiting to speak to them. Absolute criminals. My wife is in tears trying to deal with them. I've now just called them and they won't speak to me because i'm not the policy holder, do they think they are dealing in sensitive personal information or something? Ask to speak to a manager and am told the manager will not speak to me. I ask what other security information they need in order to verify the account and they just start getting irritated with me. Absolute criminals, they have their money and now are treating us appallingly.
Do not use this company. Had an engineer to look at oven, came in with no PPE, constantly touching face and mouth then my appliance. Offered to fix the oven for cash saying that go-assist would double the price if it went through them and then left less than 10 mins after. Quoted a cash price that seemed a little expensive so I googled the part, turns out he was trying to charge me triple! Called customer services to cancel the call and my plan as I was still within 14day cooling off period, and was told call out fee of £79 would stand as he attended. I emailed the complaints team who I have to say are not helpful at all, they replied basically saying that the engineer denied this, even though I have a text message from him after the call was cancelled asking if I still wanted him to come and fix it. Their words were that it was a “he said she said” situation! Not reliable, not using honest employees, not actually believing customers. Not good! Avoid at all costs!
Avoid this company and Big Warranties - they use the fact that they are seperate companies to confuse the customers. I took out a policy (with BIG Warranties) in good faith at the beginning of August and at the end of November the repair to cooker (which they schedule to be repaired within two weeks of the policy been taken out) has still not been done. There is a part that has not arrived and they cannot tell me when the cooker will be repaired. After many calls they agreed to refund the parts only - but I have been left with a bill of £79 plus they are now charging me £50 for cancelling something that I never had.
The communications with both BIG and Go Assist has been poor at best; incorrect information been provided and unless I got in touch with them I would be non the wiser on progress etc.
I have asked them to waiver the £50 charge due to inconvenience caused and the cooker remaining unusable (after 4 months) - they have point blank refused.
the latest person that I had contact with was 'SHANE' refused to provide surname - his role Retention Advisor --- the irony !
I filled in an online form to see how much it would cost them to come out and look at my dishwasher.

I decided not to go ahead - probably cheaper to replace with new. Since then I have been getting unsolicited spam SMS messages telling me I have "booked" an engineer, and that they've tried to contact me about the engineer they have "reserved" for me. I have not booked or reserved anything, as am uber-careful online. Some people will think they have committed and will therefore be duped into actually parting with money. It's dishonest and must be an unfair trading practice. They contacted me yesterday sharpish after I left a review on another site, asking for details so they could opt me out of further comms. This morning? Another text about my "booking". Very unscrupulous business practices.
I’m very disappointed with the customer service from Go Assist. I opted for a labour only repair for my Maytag tumble dryer. I explained the repair just needed a new belt and gave the belt #. It took a week for a contractor to visit, but they did not arrive with the belt part. It has now been 5 weeks and I’m still waiting for Go Assist to resolve a simple belt replacement. I’ve even sent them 5 web-links to where a belt can be obtained.

No calls and one or two emails. I’m always chasing the call centre. With 3 small kids, it’s been a challenge not having a dryer for 6 weeks. Poor form Go Assist.

Not cheap and disappointed.
Had my heating element replaced at what was quite an extortionate price, originally they wanted £104 for the part, then reduced it to £84 when it was available on line for ~£40.
Soon as we ran the dishwasher after the engineer had fitted the part we had a leak. They came back to fix the leak and said it was OK, then when we ran it again for a full wash it leaked again all over our kitchen floor. Now they refuse to come out (unless I pay another call out charge) as I have to prove the fault was caused by the engineer although we didn't have the leak in the first place. I should have read the reviews in the first place, I would recommend anyone else to give this service provider a wide berth.
Thank you for making us aware of your thoughts regarding the recent service you received from us, and we are sorry to hear that the repair of your appliance has not been smooth sailing.

Unfortunately, as per our terms and conditions, we are only able to use suppliers for parts that our engineers are in contracts with, helping us make sure only the right parts are sourced.

As discussed with our customer service team, the latest fault is different from the original fault (water not heating enough to clean dishes) and therefore it would incur a separate callout fee.

Team Go Assist
Avoid this company at all costs. They are a complete shambles and untrustworthy.
My experience with this company which is still ongoing has been nothing short of disgraceful. They have no regard whatsoever for customer care.
My dealings began on 5th August 2020
When I called Go Assist in respect of a faulty main oven control knob to our Stoves Cooker.
An engineer arrived and after a quick examination told us we needed a new thermostat and control knob for the oven. He then stated if we wanted the repair done we would have to pay for the parts up front before they could be delivered to him.
That same day we paid Go Assist a total of £163.76 for the parts which included an extra control knob for the grill as the setting marks had worn away on the existing one.
Go Assist then encouraged us to take an insurance plan for our cooker at a cost of £67 which we did.
Days and weeks went by and we heard nothing. I have made at least a dozrn calls to them requesting an update and on each occassion was told that they had obtained the thermostat but that there was no ETA for the control knobs. This went on for weeks with more calls from me to them with the same response regarding the control knobs. Utterly frustrated I called the engineers on the 10th November 2020 and asked where the control knobs were being sourced from and was told Stoves direct. On that same day I contacted Stoves direct and was told that they no longer manufactured the control knobs and they were obselete and had been for some considerable time. Following this development I again contacted the engineers who have agreed that they cannot therefore carry out the repair to the cooker .
I contacted Go Assist again to tell them of this development but they were less than helpful. I asked them to comment on why I could find out this information in one phone call to Stoves in November when they had had three months to do the same but hadn't. They passed the buck to the engineers.
Unbelievably I am now in the position that after THREE MONTHS of dealings with Go Assist my cooker cannot be repaired and I have paid them £231 in the process.
Since then I have made several calls to Go Assist in an effort to get a full refund of the £231. At this point in time they are refusing to refund me the full cost of the thermostat stating that the item is not returnable therefore not refundable despite the fact that I have NOT taken possession of the thermostat as it still remains with the engineers.
I have had to persistently contact Go Assist at regular intervals to obtain updates. Not once have they contacted me. Every time I have called I speak to a different person who then has to put me on hold for at times up to 10 to 15 minutes in order to "read my file." I am thoroughly exasperated with this company who appear to treat their customers with contempt.
Please be aware and read the reviews before thinking of using them.
Thank you for providing feedback of your experience with our services and we are sorry to hear that it has not been smooth sailing. We have investigated this on the system and can see that you have had recent conversations with Michael who has advised of a goodwill gesture to refund you some monies. We can appreciate your frustrations regarding the delay and lack of communication, as this is not the level of customer services that we look to offer our customers. Once again, we apologise for the difficulties you faced with the repair and appreciate the feedback given - Team Go Assist
Nine weeks and they’ve fix....oh no they haven’t....they haven’t lifted a finger. Do not trust this shambles of an outfit
Avoid this outfit at all costs. They are the biggest rip off I've ever encountered. £119 for an engineer to call and remove an oven door. Two weeks later nothing. I called them and after 25 minutes on hold they asked for a further £95 to do the repair. I am now waiting for the door to be returned unrepaired.
They claim low cost, fast repairs. They are lying.
Contacted Go-Assist 3 weeks ago for fridge/freezer repair. Still waiting for quote on parts. I have rang 6 times and emailed 3 times with very little communication back. I requested a refund and declined.
Very quick on taking your money but not on fixing the problem with your appliance.
Avoid this company.