WiseDriving Reviews

Refunds Process
Very Easy
Read WiseDriving Reviews

About WiseDriving:

At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Tell us how WiseDriving made you happy
I have been with WiseDriving for coming up to 7 months now. I can say they are a dog sh*T company to not only contact, but any extra charge you an absurd amount extra. Firstly, I have finance with there partner comany, close brother, after being insured for around 4 months they didn’t take money out of my account for 2No. Months, once I noticed I contacted them. This shouldn’t be the case. No email was issued, no letter warning me of any changes. Nothing. So when I contacted them, after being on hold for 45 mins, I was told I had to contact there finance company. Again, after waiting about an equal amount of time, they said they didn’t have some documentation. How did I get the finance in the first place with ‘missing documentation’. As soon as I told them, I received an email saying my finance was terminated. So I gave them the documentation, in my case it was a photo of my passport? All sorted, bit annoyed as I had to spend 2 hours of my day that could of been solved by a simple email. Lastly, I need to buy some extra miles as they limit you to what you have estimated. I went over and needed to purchase more. I rang and asked how much for 6,000 extra miles. How much? £200?! I asked the lady on the phone if she thought it was expensive, she said yes it is. I said is there any movement on the price and this is expensive, and in very broken English she said no. However she did say I can do it on the website for cheaper, I decided to buy less miles (still almost £120) and hope I don’t need more. So WiseDriving, if you like to take action on this and provide a better service for your customers, im sure everyone would be very great-full. Just wish I had read the horror stories that people have published about this company. I just trusted there high trust pilot rating that they like to boast. So the good, the bad and the ugly. Good; Cheap - I not be going for the cheapest option next time Gave me £10 back for good driving, not sure if this is is a kick in the teeth after spending over 2 grand with them Bad; Uncontactable, and when you do there English is very very poor and signal is always bad. God knows how it’ll be in the event of a claim! Expensive additional items Very poor group structure, you have to go through multiple company’s to get an answer. The black box is a bit harsh, nothing major but definitely slightly sensitive to breaking/acceleration.
Hi Tom We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with your policy. We do indeed use a third party finance provider for those customers who wish to pay on a monthly basis. We use a third party finance provider as we are not regulated to offer finance. Close Brothers Premium Finance is a regulated finance provider. We are sorry to hear you have had some problems with the finance provided. Have you spoken to CBPF to log a complaint with them about this? One of our rating factors is mileage so the more mileage you do, the higher the premium will be. The cost for more miles is provided to us by your insurer and we are unfortunately unable to change the cost. All our agents speak English but there are of course a wide variety of accents which come into it. Many thanks, Holly
Very disappointed that you have increased my premium by over £500! I haven't had a chance to call you yet but I will.
Hi Frank, Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the additional premium applied to your policy. Additional premiums can be added for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, a reduction in the driving behaviour score, changes to the policy - for example adding or removing a driver, changing the address or vehicle on the policy, or any undisclosed claims that were not included at the start of your policy. If you wish to discuss this further, please call us on 01733 308358 and we will be able to assist you. Many thanks, Lauren
Hidden costs, changes in the contract without the authorization of the customer and customer service with neglect, time-consuming and that solves nothing.
Hi Amauri We are sorry to hear you are unhappy. We are unsure what you mean by "hidden costs". Could you tell us some more about this, please? Also, we would like to know what changes were made to your policy without your consent and, what specific experiences you had where you were unhappy with the service provided. Please could you email us some more information? Many thanks, Holly
Good idea, poorly done.
Thanks for giving us your feedback: our priority is our customer service. If there is anything you’d like us to discuss with you, please let us know. Many Thanks, Sarah.
I am not happy all customer never support me bec I am deaf I need text my number I can’t reply u or face to face my iPhone like video or chat online
Hi Richard, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with WiseDriving. We have a dedicated admin team that are able to assist with any queries via live chat, email or social media. You can email us at contact@wisedriving.com, access live chat on our website or send us a message using Facebook Messenger. Many thanks, Adam.
I guess my main point of feedback would be having a consistent 96 score which according to them makes me an excellent driver and emailing me with news of a £0 refund on my policy kinda says to me that most people are tying themselves into a contract without knowledge of how much this could cost them.
Hi, we do apologise for your negative experience with us. We’d like to look into this further for you: if you would be happy to send us a private reply with your details, we can investigate further. Thanks, Kathryn.
You don't treat costumers fairly
Hi, Thanks for giving us your feedback: our priority is our customer service. If there is anything you’d like us to discuss with you, please let us know. Many thanks, Lauren
it has been very difficult to book a date and time for the fitting of a black box. The online portal did not work and when I called up my client reference number could not be verified and I was passed between a number of departments before someone took ownership to manage the issue - not a great start for a new client
Hi Henrik, we’re sorry to hear this; we always try to provide the best experience possible for our customers. If you could send us a private message with your details, we can discuss this with you further. Thanks, Kathryn.
Cannot log into webpage from day 1
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback and would be happy to look into this for you. Please contact our customer service department on 01733 308358, and one of our customer service agents will be able to assist you with the online portal. Many Thanks, Kathryn.
Will NOT let me login to web page straight from the get go
Cheap insurance, expect poor customer service.
Hi, Thanks for making us aware of this - we are sorry for the experience you have had. Please be assured that we take our customer service very seriously and would like to take the time to look into this for you. Please send us a private response with your details and we’ll be able to investigate. Thanks, Kathryn.
MY PREMIUMS HAVE SUDDENLY DOUBLED, I HAVE EMAILED THEM SEVERAL TIMES FOR AN EXPLANATION WITH NO REPLIES. QUICK ON TAKING MY MONEY, HOPELESS WITH REPONSES TO WHY. NOT IMPRESSED. WONT BE USING THIS COMPANY AGAIN.
Hi Lesley, Thank you for your feedback. We email to advise of any change in premium, prior to it being collected or applied to the credit agreement. Our admin team may take up to 72 hours to respond to queries, especially during the current climate. Please contact our customer service department on 01733 308358. Our offices are open 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm on Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sundays. Many Thanks, Kathryn.
Hi, Thank you for taking you time to leave your feedback. We do appreciate it and will use this to improve the service we provide. Thanks, Kathryn.
Not accurate enough
Hi, Thanks for the review, we take our customer service seriously and will take all feedback on board. Many Thanks, Kathryn.
I was speaking with one of the customer service, I barely understood that I can do my request online after long conversation. My enquire hasn’t been resolved yet. I have one enquire and 2 policy changes to be made. Non of that has been solved, but I can do and search anything on the website.
Hi Karam, We are sorry to see your rating and appreciate your feedback, We hope your next encounter with our customer service team is more to our standard than your previous. Regards, Dylan
Poor customer service
I am not happy
Hi Ande, We are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Looking at the situation the only thing I can see is you making us aware that you have sold your vehicle, we have informed you of the next steps if you were to cancel your insurance and nothing has happened since? If you do want to discuss stopping your policy or potentially swapping to a new vehicle, please contact our customer service team on 01733 308358. Regards, Dylan
So I bought monthly car insurance 2 days ago before checking out the reviews for these guys (stupid I know) and found that everyone was saying avoid avoid avoid. I decided I was gonna cancel and go elsewhere, which I didn’t think would cost anything as I had a 14 day cooling off period and I’d only been insured for 1.5 full days - wrong. Nearly £80 to cancel, I didn’t kick up a fuss, just wanted out of it before receiving ridiculous charges from the black box for doing nothing wrong while driving, they just took It off my initial instalment, meaning I pad £278 initially to set up the insurance and I’m only receiving £197 back. I recommend going with direct line, same fully comprehensive black box insurance, with £180 initial instalment (£100 less than here!) and only £129 a month there after (making it £30 a month cheaper than these guys, no brainier)
Hi Hayley, Thank you for taking you time to leave your feedback. We do appreciate it. All of our fees are stipulated within our Terms and Conditions, which can be found on our website, and we ask all customers to read and agree to before setting up a policy. Many Thanks, Kathryn.
Not too great! Pay £150 but dont use blackbox fitted ! The Engineered placed the blackbox in my car and my radio never worked again. I never complained about it but just decided that i wouldn't renew at the end of the contract.
Hi Jonathas, Thank you for taking you time to leave your feedback. We do appreciate it and will use this to improve the service we provide. Thanks Janat
I went with this insurer due to the low price it offered. It’s mainly all online which I thought would be ideal. They judge your driving which is what a black box is for so no surprises there. However the access online is really poor. It states on mine that everything is perfect apart from acceleration - I could be biased but I don’t understand why it thinks it’s so poor and puts me at a 0 every time even when I pull away really slowly. There’s supposed to be a ‘tips on how to be a good driver’ but for the past several months this link has never worked, I’ve never been able to see what their recommendations are to improve my score. So basically if you have any deductions you won’t be given any guidance on why or how to fix it. I also tried to change the mileage of my car since it’s just sat going nowhere now and it just says there’s an error when you go to change it. It’s just generally a really poor website & experience online and I’ve been with Admiral who are super expensive which is why I changed providers but even their website was 10 times better than wisedriving. For an insurer that’s heavily online based I would expect much more. Just leaves me guessing on why my acceleration is soooo bad. Just seems out of proportion and they could say anything was bad and not have to prove why to you and just increase your premiums.
Hi Lucy, We do apologise for your negative experience with us. We’d like to look into this further for you: if you would be happy to send us a private reply with your details to, reviews@wisedriving.com, we can investigate further. Thanks, Jamie
WiseDriving is rated 3.58 based on 4,360 reviews