WiseDriving Reviews

59% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Tell us how WiseDriving made you happy

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"The wise driving website should have Government Health Warning on it. I have given them 1 star, just so I can write this review. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR CAR INSURANCE"
Posted 1 hour ago
"When I started the policy I was hounded with emails daily demanding my proof of no claims bonus. When there was a delay getting this from my previous insurer Wise driving charged me an extra admin fee (the first hidden fee!). Then they began hounding me to get the telematics mix installed as fast as possible, and threatened in emails to cancel my policy if it wasn't installed quick enough. Now I have come to the end of my policy and to switch to another (cheaper) insurer I want their box out of my vehicle, and they have refused to remove it unless I pay a £90 fee (another hidden fee!). I asked to speak to a supervisor about this and was told "that wasn't going to happen". Absolutely disgusting customer service, cold and uncaring."
Hi Cole,
We're sorry to hear you're unhappy.
When taking up the policy we do advise what documents are required and the timescale the box needs to be installed by. All fees are available on our terms and conditions. In regards to the removal of a box there is a fee to do so but you do not have to have this removed.
If you would like to discuss this further please send us a private response with your details.
Posted 1 hour ago
"Great company"
Hi Lucian,
Thanks! we're glad to read this.
Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback.
Cheers,
"Very good service"
Hi Matthew,
Thanks for the great rating and review.
We're pleased to see your experience has been good.
"Wouldn't recommend"
Hi,
We're sorry to read this. If you would like to send us a private response with your details, we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"I’m lost for words ….. ! Truly, I’m not sure what to write, I am so outraged at this company, they are disgraceful. I am speaking to my lawyers on Monday about them, I have no idea how this company is allowed to trade. My advice to you is simple, DON’T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY ! Claire"
Hi Claire,
We're sorry to read this, please can you send us a private response with your details and we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Talk about bad company I have just cancelled my car insurance with wise for the second time in a month the fist did not tell the insure that I want to cancel they now want to take £218.70 off me I understand the £78 for cancellation worth every penny They say Cost of Insurance cover £300.43 they don't even insure the car Close Bro's do also want Non-refundable Fees charged to date £220.00 what's this about I have never ever paid out this much in all the years I have been driving and I require a no claims bonus letter Please, I just wonder if this will be answered"
Hi Thomas,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy, we would like to confirm that close brother does not insure the vehicle they are the funding company that arrange credit agreements if you decide to pay monthly.
We are a broker so we arrange and administrate the insurance and the cover is provided by the insurer. If you would like to send us a private response with your details we will be able to go through the figures with you.
Vicky.
"Within in 2 weeks of joining them I suspected I had made an mistake. Refusing to accept my no claims firstly because it was an email from the company. then a letter that was as they specified but that still wasn't good enough and their stupidity despite the document being PDF was editable and it was only when i pointed out that if they had converter it would default to that as i was unable to edit it on my pc that then they said i couldn't use it as it only had an incorrect name, 2 months later when legally, which you think they no something about i don't have to use my double barrel name but the fact that i also put my husband on the insurance whose name is the barrel i dropped is just ridiculous. No apology, i have written and they have said they will come back to me in 3 months... ok when you are overcharging, not ok if you are the one paying.... promises of money back, an extra month of payment when i cancelled because they kept asking me if i was sure... do not waste your time or money. I should have stayed with coverbox. Same job, mush better"
Hi Sorcha,
We're sorry to hear how you feel, if you would like to discuss this further please send us a private response with your details.
Vicky.
"I was with this company because initially it was a cheaper option. I have now been with the company for 3 years! My car was recently written off... Since the incident the company have shown no compassion, quality customer service or customer loyalty. I am extremely angry after many phone calls (my end) where employees have told me one thing then another told me something else. Tonight I spoke with someone who was just darn right RUDE, he spoke over me and didn’t listen to what I was saying. Instead of listening to what I was saying, he presumed and insisted he was right. I have left this company loosing all my years no claims, no car, and they are still insisting money for ‘cancelling’ my insurance after my car was WRITTEN OFF, no choice of my own. Would not recommend!!"
Hi Hannah,
Please can you send us a private response with your details and we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Worst insurance group I have ever been with and ever heard of, I have had nothing but trouble with you. I have been stressed relating back to this. My box was apparently not working for 7/8 months but nobody said anything and now all of a sudden my score drops dramatically and I’m charged. I think it’s the biggest waste of time and money I have ever seen I will be going public about this group to ensure that young drivers like my self don’t take out a premium with you."
Hi Callum,
We would like the chance to look into this further for you.
Please could you send us a private response with your details?
"Os is ok thanks"
Hi Marcos,
Thanks for leaving us your feedback.
If there is anything you feel we can improve please let us know.
Vicky.
"Auto renewed my insurance even though I didn't set it to then charged me £75 to cancel it."
Hi,
We're sorry to advise you're unhappy, all our policies are set to auto-renew and this is advised on the renewal notice that is sent out.
If you'd like to send us a private response we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"****** WARNING * WARNING * WARNING ****** If you ignore this notice, you may as well throw your money down the drain ! They emailed me one day and said my driving was great and if I continue I might even get some money back 2 Days later they told me they would be cancelling my insurance. The charge me cancelling, they charged me for the black box twice have cost me a great deal of money."
Hi Evangeline,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy with the experience you've had.
If you could send us a private response with your details we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"Useless they expect me to pay £347.83 to change my policy and such bad customer service and I would recommend getting the black box cause it doesn’t make anything cheaper"
Hi Rebecca,
We're sorry to hear this. If you'd like to send us a private response we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM WISE DRIVE ….. I like so many have recently been robbed by so called insurance company. This company should not be trading, they are a totally disgrace. I was fortunate yesterday to find somebody through social media that has worked for this company This person told gave me a complete picture of their office in cape town. This person told me about the amount of complaints they receive on a daily basis. This person like so many of the customers listed below things like me, that this company should be trading. They have no ethics and their morality and value are based around £££££££££££££££ This person also told me that some of the great reviews in this s web site, are written by themselves. DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM WISE DRIVE ….. I will today be contacting the ombudsmen and financial services regulatory body about this company."
Hi,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy with the experience you've had.
Please also be assure all reviews received are from valid customers.
Please send us a private response with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"Policy cancelled 18 days in to my renewal date. Reason for the cancellation was: I wasn't driving my car. Ridiculous! How could anyone have the right to implement when I can drive or not. Surely this implementation is a violation of human rights. It is out of anyones jurisdiction to judge when I can make dicision to drive or not. I was 18 days away from obtaining my 1 year no claim bonus. This is pure daylight robbery and scam of all insurance companies. Customer services agents are rude, reading texts put before them. No personal initiative or empathy to help. Overall, wisedriving is nothing more than a company that looks to make money within the terms and conditions, which in it self is illegally underwritten. "underwriting" is illigal! Overcharge is illigal!"
Hi Evran,
If you could send us a private response we can go through this with you.
Vicky.
"Absolutely amazing. The service is brilliant, no long waits... no hassle machine talks...no hidden costs. Talking about cost I got a score of 90 and is due a refund of £150. Absolutely amazing! Especially at this time. More Christmas gifts for the family. Can’t wait to renew with WiseDriving."
Hi Olivia-Ann
Thank you for such a great review we really do appreciate it.
Cheers,
Vicky.
"Extremely bad insurance tried cancelling my insurance in the first month only to realise they made a mistake. during the second month this scamming company took £650 from my bank account, because my score dropped from excellent to good. Straight after they took my money they said they were going to cancel my policy again ive accepted this as i dont want to be robbed and scammed out of anymore money lets just hope i get my refund. Would recommend to stay clear at all costs from these scammers. If i dont receive my refund i will be taking this insurer to court."
Hi Samuel,
We're saddened to read this, we'd like the change to go through this with you. Please could you send us a private response with your details?
Vicky.
"I have sent my proof of no claims to wise driving five times now, and they're still threatening to cancel my policy for not showing the documents with the proof of no claims. They're demanding £697, and I'm considering calling the police to report extortion."
Hi Jordan,
Vicky.
"Your a joke you’ve messed me around on a few accations since I’ve been with you which has only been a year and now adter renewing with you 5 days after renewing you’ve cancelled my insurance when I was in the middle of town in my car with my kids in it your a complete joke I will be leaving your insurance straight away since I’ve bwen with you I’ve had nothing but hassle so if anyone’s thinking of using wise driving I’d think again they make mistakes then they punish you for it and when you ring to sort it out you get rude people ok the phone and they don’t wanna seem to help you out so think again if u want to use this company"
Hi Steven,
We're sorry to hear how you feel, if you'd like to send us a private response with your details we can go through this with you.
WiseDriving is rated 3.36 based on 1,965 reviews