WiseDriving Reviews

60% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over a week

How would you rate WiseDriving ?

"YOUNG DRIVERS STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY....CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRENDOUS VERY UNHELPFUL CANT GIVE AN EXPLANATION AND THEY TAKE YOUR EYES OUT IN CHARGES !!!!"
"YOUNG DRIVERS STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!. CUSTOMER SERVICE HURRENDOUS, CANT ANSWER QUESTIONS ASKED AND THEY TAKE YOUR EYES OUT WITH CHARGES NO STARS GIVEN"
"Got refund after the first 3 month. Excellent"
"I took out a policy in December that said followed by 9 monthly payments, I called various time as I’ve been billed for this month while I shouldn’t of... they claim to say it’s a 10 monthly payment while on the documents I have 9 monthly payments ...honest opinion I wouldn’t recommend this company to no one it’s horrible bad experience"
Hi Chris,
We're sorry to read how you feel, the direct debit payments set up are a deposit and 10 monthly instalments. We would like to look into this further for you if you could send us a private response.
Vicky.
"I had recently taken out a policy but made a genuine mistake on my quote. I alerted them within 12 hours of my policy starting as I had read my statement of facts and noticed the error. I had then called them the next morning to try and ammend it and I was told that they were unable to insure me so had to cancel my policy. I had then contacted them via their web contact form only to get ignored. I wrote on the same form a second time about 2 days ago and think I am about to be ignored again. All I want to know is if I had to disclose the insurance cancellation to other companies due to the circumstances. After contacting them through the web form I rang them, the lady on the phone told me that I "could" disclose it. All I want is a clear concise answer to my question so I know where I stand with other insurance companies. I would make a complaint however I feel I would be ignored. Avoid at all costs if you want to avoid headaches!"
Hi Cameron,
We're sorry to hear this, in regards to declaring cancellation to new insurers these need to be declared if it is an inforced cancellation, what this means is, if we have cancelled the insurance. If you have called and cancelled the Policy with one of our agents this does not need to be declared. We can look into this for you if you would like to send us a private response.
Vicky.
"Policy unnecessarily cancelled - called for help and advice and customer service was appalling. Don’t have the telematics box installed, it clearly gives them false information about where,what time and how you’re driving. Appalling service, just looking to grab your money by the looks of things💁"
Hi Callie,
We’re sorry to hear this. If you’d like to send us a private reply with your policy details, we would be happy to assist with any queries you have.
Vicky.
"I have only been with WiseDriving for few weeks, today I have received an email advising me that I have an outstanding balance on my account due following my policy cancellation, I was shocked as I have never cancelled my policy as only just joined. Called their offices immediately to find out what’s going on, was informed that policy was cancelled due to not using my usb device and recording my driving, firstly I was mr we aware that this is compulsory equipment secondly I did use it and have records of it. I was very much absent about the whole situation as how can they just cancel my policy without any notification and let me drive around without valid insurance. Taken my money and now they want money for early termination fees etc disgusting and I am not going to leave this at this point!!!!! People stay away from this company it’s a scam"
Hi,
We're sorry to hear your unhappy, as a telematics insurer the device is a compulsory part of the terms and conditions of the policy.
If you would like to send us an email to reviews@wisedriving.com we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Totally disgusted with this Insurance. After taking a £230.00 deposit which Included £150 for black box my policy was cancelled after 4 days due to a discrepancy with the V5 you have advised that the black box is non refundable. The black box that was never fitted or even got an appointment to fit. Also I was advised there is no cooling off period. I was refunded £5.89."
Hi Catherine,
We would like to discuss this further and look into this for you.
Please can ould you send us an email to reviews@wisedriving.com with your details.
Vicky.
"If I could give no stars I would. this company is a complete scam, I have been with them for 5 months and I am a very careful driver which was rewarded in the first month with a discount. However each month after this my score has rapidly decreased even though I am still driving the same way I did in the first month. This has resulted in an increase in my payments taking the price much higher than the quote I was given at the beginning. I called them to discuss this and considered canceling however was informed that I would be charged a very unreasonable price of £75 to do so. Absolutely shocking and will defiantly not be renewing. AVOID this company."
Hi,
We're saddened to read how you feel.
If you'd like to send a private response with your details, we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"I'm so happy about WiseDriving they know about my car everything and that's way i'm happy"
Hi Bogdan,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review, We're happy to read this.
Customer service is our main priority so we're glad to see you've enjoyed the experience so far.
Vicky.
"Hey, i read all reviews, and understand that people no idea or going crazy about all this insurance, if you dont understand what about and how its works no take then this insurence no need later whrite here some story about your personal problems, i even no have any of this problems what you have here i paid they normally come fit black box and that is if your documents wrong or yours hands not gwowing from right place its not insurence problems...if you want drive at night forger speeding forget this insurence not for you...."
Hi RM,
Thanks for a great review and rating we really appreciate your feedback. We're glad your happy with the insurance so far.
Cheers,
Vicky.
"I have been with them for 2 years now and the Insurance is not getting any cheaper."
Hi,
Thanks for leaving us your feedback, if you'd like to send us a private message with your details we can look at this for you.
Vicky.
"AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HELP. First issue with them was I believed I had 2 years no claims when sending over my list of no claims I discovered I had an extra year no claims. When the price was recalculated my premium went up? And I was charged an admin fee!! Tried to send an email FIVE times discussing this with proof from my previous insurer and all 5 emails were ignored, even though they claim email is their first point of contact and main form of communication. SECOND AND MAIN ISSUE. I recieved a device to connect via and app to record my driving. When I received this device I was on holiday, when I returned on the 13th I had a letter stating if it wasn't connected by the 20th my insurance would be cancelled. By the 15th the device was connected and as far as I was aware was recording as the light was blue. Wise driving claim it wasn't working on their end, and I needed to phone them to confirm it was working. NO WHERE did it state this. I work away from home and I'm out the country weekly, so my cars parked up and not being driven a great deal of the time. So I hadn't taken the time to look into all my driving scores as it had been less then a month. On my first journey when I checked how the dash board works it told me I had only driven 80 miles and for accurate scores need to drive 200 miles. As far as I was aware the device was working and connected. On the 2nd of October I recieve an email saying my policy has been cancelled and I have been charged an extra £75 for this cancellation fee. I had no reminder or warning apart from the one email, which after this I connected my device!!! All was fine. I recieved one letter on the day my insurance was cancelled the 21st September stating it had been cancelled. Now as I said, email is the first form of communication with this company and I work abroad, so my post couldn't be opened for me to be aware. The team were less then helpful, with no resolution or answers as to why my numerous emails were ignored or why I only had the one email of notice, my insurance has been cancelled purely down to lack of communication and a potentially faulty device. But the insurance company are a scam and I wouldn't want to be insured by them now anyway, but the most frustrating thing is now I need to declare a cancelled policy. Meaning most companies won't touch me and my insurance has gone up by over £1000! I was insured with this company 10 days and they've taken my quotes up by a grand. Requested repeatedly to speak to a manager and was refused just put on hold. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!!!! Not worth a single star"
Hi Georgia,
We're saddened to read how you feel. If you would like to send us a private response we can go through this with you.
Vicky.
"Worst insurance company I have ever dealt with! Customer service is awful! Lady told me to hold my documents until I got my black box installed because the man wouldn’t fit the black box without the log book. So then they said they needed a up to date address of my log book but gave me a deadline of the 1st of October, so this gave me a week to send if of and get it back with the updated address on which they knew wouldn’t happen! So they basically took £800 then gave me a ridiculous time frame then cancelled my policy. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to go with this company!"
Hi,
We do apologise for your negative experience with us. We’d like to look into this further for you: if you would be happy to send us a private reply with your details, we can investigate further.
Vicky.
"Complete scam artists. was quoted £115 a month for insurance and tried to drive as sensibly as possible, but my score was marked low every time. my premiums then tried to go up to £340 a MONTH so I cancelled my policy. I just got an email saying I now owe them £358 to cancel my policy even though the cancellation fee is only £75. Avoid this company at all costs. It cant be long until they are shut down as they constantly are ripping of customers. complete scam."
Hi,
We’re sorry that you are unhappy about your experience with us. Our number one priority is the service we provide to our customers. If you would be happy to send us a private message with your details, we would like to discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"absoloute waste of time. Been on the phone everyday for over 2 weeks now trying to sort out a proof of 2 years no claims. when asked to speak to someone higher like a manager they refused. Caused a lot of stress and had to take time out of my working day to ring up. This issue isn't getting sorted and I'm in fear of my policy being cancelled even though I've done everything I can sending evidence."
Hi Sam,
We’re sorry that you are unhappy about your experience with us. Our number one priority is the service we provide to our customers. If you would be happy to send us a private message with your details, we would like to look into this with you.
Vicky.
"Avoid this company at all cost. Nothing but stress and false information when cancelling a policy. Consumer service to them is speaking to you like a child. Left on hold for over 30mins with no information as to why."
Hi,
We’re sorry to hear this. If you’d like to send us a private reply with your policy details, we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Wisedriving is OK, however, their installers are the worst I've ever seen. They cancelled the first appointment for the installation on the due day, one hour before the arranged installation. Then they lied to Wisedriving that we were not available. Wisedriving applied £45 for cancellation I had to spend over an hour to get it right. On the second appointment, the installer came too early and straight away informed us, that if my daughter doesn't show up within 10 minutes he would be gone. Disgusting attitude."
Hi Tymek,
Thanks for leaving us your feedback, we are sorry to hear of the issues you've had with the installation. If you could send us a private message with your details we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Absolutely disgusting company! I changed my car to a bmw, within 24 hours changed it back to a fiat as their was problems with the bmw so I had to send it back wise driving decided to put my fiat up from £133 to £225 a month even though I changed it back to my original car within the 24 hour cooling off period and plain blank refused to put me on to a manager or put my premium back to the original price, they insisted within 24 hours the cost in my 2010 fiat had risen £100 and as I refused to pay this ridiculous price they cancelled my policy !! A joke steer clear !!"
Hi Gabby,
We're sorry to read this, our main priority is the service we provide.
Please could you send us a private response with your details and we can look into this for you?
Vicky.
"Also their cancellation fee is £75 compared to an average of £45 with others. Their initial payment is £155 compared to £65 with others. Strategic legal scam."
WiseDriving is rated 3.42 based on 1,896 reviews