WiseDriving Reviews

62% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over a week

How would you rate WiseDriving ?

"Originally bought policy on 27th July to start from 3rd August for my son. Price seem ok so was happy. Phoned up and booked fitting of black box. Then a couple days into the policy my son started receiving texts and emails stating that the policy would be cancelled because the black box had not been fitted within 14 days! It turns out that this company start the 14 day countdown from the day you purchase the policy; he hadn't even bought the car yet!!! I phoned and customer services could not explain to me why these emails&texts were beening sent! I then email a complaint direct to the email address provided for complaints: to date no response ........ The engineer comes to fit the black box and everything goes smoothly, i give him the V5 and NCD docments which he takes pictures of on his ipad; then 2 days later another email saying that policy will be cancelled unless he provides V5!! I phone and CS advisor says its not on their system but can i send it on email....really! My son has had this policy 12 days and they are stressing him out! I hope this is a oversight on their part because if this continues i will take it further to the relevant body. And the mobile app does not work! will not accept his login details at all, bloody ridiculous...."
Posted 6 minutes ago
"After 8 days of my renewal my policy has cancelled because the people who done my renewal I misplaced a letter from my account and then I receive a email theath if I don't call the wisedriving they will cancelled my policy, and in the same day a call them, explaining theath I got this policy over 2 years with the same bank details, with not missing a payment all this years. I didn't resolve nothing theath day because the finance team finished the shift. Then I called next day and I give all my bank details and appear that all was solved, I suppose to wait for a email from them with the next date of payment, instead after 4 days from then I receive a email theath seeing theath my policy has cancelled because. And I called them and the person who answer I didn't resolve nothing, they told me that they will call me back, but they didn't. And now I got to pay the cancellation fee. And I found myself with the car uninsured."
"Wise Driving are scammers they want to take your money, don’t go with wise driving if you love charges and fees do not, I REPEAT DO NOT GO WITY WISE DRIVING"
"STAY AWAY FROM WISE DRIVING! I had changed my vehicle with wise driving a month after taking the policy out.. i had to pay admin fees and for the telematics team to come back out.. (Took it on the chin) the car i changed it to had to be scrapped, so i bought another car, wise driving said that they could not insure me, they had taken a payment off me the day i cancelled because they couldn't insure me, in which they said that they would not refund me that money. i asked why and they couldnt give me an answer then the phone went quite, she came back on to say the finance team will get with you in 14 days. I've wasted 100's with changing vehicles and wanting to stay with them for an extra NCB, for them to pretty much not give a monkey's about their customers! the first employee said i would be refunded, another said the finance team needs to work it out???! i was on the phone to them needlessly for 35 minutes.. would i get a refund for that? pahh! highly recommending not to use these!"
"Utter crooks avoid this company at all costs . They just rip everyone off . They refused to fit black box and cancelled the policy then charged us for theblack box they didnt even fit .customer service were rude and got the impression they enjoyed the fact i was angry then they sent a letter saying we owed further 60 pounds even tho they cancelled are policy ... avoid at all costs solicitor is now dealing with the crooks of car insurance who just explote younge drivers ."
"No issues always been extremely helpful, always answer any enquiries i have had. Takes no time at all to get through to someone."
"Despite very polite customer services workers, I can only say that this company caused me a lot of unnecessary stress through poor communication, both internally and with me. When my policy was up for renewal, I spent 4 consecutive mornings on the phone just trying to get them to confirm I had 3 years no-claims, having provided proof from a previous insurer. They then offered a renewal cost which was not at all affected by the no-claims ... completely illogical and a total waste of my time. The first member of staff quoted me £390 once I had proof of 3 years no-claims, a drop of £90 from my initial quote, so I thought it worth pursuing. However, every time I spoke to a new person, no notes had been made on the account and I had to explain the same thing again. I was told conflicted information about what documentation they needed as proof of my no-claims, and (to cut a very long, frustrating story short!) was eventually told that the cost of my renewed policy was exactly the same as my last one, despite adding the no-claims. At the end of my tether, I cancelled the policy, and was then sent cancellation details with (yet again) incorrect no-claims information. I was more concerned that I had not escaped this company and had to call back again to amend this error than anything else. I dread to think how many hours I wasted trying to get something so simple done (and if I weren't a teacher on my summer holiday, I don't know how I would have sorted this with work stress on top...)."
Hi,
We are sorry to read about your recent experience and are sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the service. We would like to look into this further for you. If you would like to send us a private response with your details, we will be happy to investigate further.
Vicky.
"1. The online page is useless and doesn’t work? 2. The portal doesn’t 3. I can’t even log on after changing my password successfully 4. If you ask about a crack on your windshield the tell you to google some glass fitting company My opinion on wise driving is they are cheap but absolutely terrible at customer care and services..."
Hi Liam,
We are sorry to read you are not happy with the service, If you'd like to send us over a private response we can have a look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Terrible customer service. Increased my direct debit without in error. Telematics device was faulty. I had to proactively call to fix the error of the telematics. The customer service couldn’t keep track of my account history and the issues I was facing. Whenever they said they will call back in 24-48 hours, they never called and as a result I had to proactively make the call."
Hi,
We’re sorry to read this; we always try to provide the best experience possible for our customers. If you could send us a private message with your details, we can discuss this with you further.
Vicky.
"Wise driving are the most professional people I have spoke to, there completely understanding if there’s any problems and they get it sorted without any hassle, wise driving are really really cheap as well they gave me a quote and I was really shocked at how low the cost was, well I’m a happy costumer thank u wise driving"
Hi Edward,
What a wonderful review - we truly appreciate your comments. We’re so happy to hear that our staff and service have made the experience great for you.
Vicky.
"I was advised I would be refunded for a good driving score but did not get this refund instead they added £136.00 onto my monthly instalments! do not recommend this company at all"
Hi,
We are sorry to read you are unhappy, Please could you send us a private message with your details and we can discuss this with you.
Vicky.
"Excellent service and very good feedback. Happy with the money back too."
Hi Charlotte,
Thanks so much for your kind words, we really do appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.
"Great insurance"
Hi,
Thanks for a wonderful review - we truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your rating.
Vicky.
"Great team of people and great deals that make it soo worth it"
Hi George,
Thanks so much for leaving us a review. Our staff will be thrilled to hear their hard work has been appreciated. we really appreciate it.
Vicky.
"https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.wisedriving.co.uk Have a check there, reliable reviews from real people. Disgraceful, should be shut down . Bend all the rules they can and break a few. Reed a bit away here to, notice that when it's not good the answer is 'contact us privately' so they can leave you hanging and ending up not sorting you out and cancelling the insurance. They will go as far as try to charge any cards, even without authorization. People and companies like this shouldn't exist, it's the cancer version of insurance."
Hi Luis,
We are sorry to read this, our main priority is the customer service we provide. We do use several sources for reviews and we are also regulated by the FCA.

The reason we ask you to contact us privately is due to the fact we would need to collect your private details in order to find the policy and help answer any question and resolve issues, due to GDPR we are not able to discuss or collect these publicly.
All private responses we receive back are responded to and dealt with.

If you would like to discuss this further and for us to look into your policy, please send us a private response with your details and we would be happy to go through this with you.
Vicky.
"Unfortunately no option for 0 star rating- AVOID at all costs! Worst insurance company ever, they lack the ability to deal accordingly and clearly get by each day by just fobbing off their customers, my advise contact the FOS if ever you end up insured by these scammers as they will penalise you regardless of the situation/ regardless if you are correct! Also the complaints department refuse to take calls and the customer service department refuse to transfer your call to the complaints department! Worst service I have ever received and worst insurance company I have ever had to unfortunately deal with! If you value your money purchase your insurance even if at a slightly higher price elsewhere!"
Hi Chloe,
we are sorry to read how your feel about the service, please be assured we do take the customers service we provide seriously, so if you’d like to send us a private response with your details, we would be happy to look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Good insurance company. What score do I need to be between to get money back at the end?"
Hi Bobby,
thanks for the great rating, were glad your enjoying your experience with WiseDriving you will start on a score of 50, every 30 days we will check your score if it has increased by 10 points or more since the last time we checked we will update the score and your policy price could go down, equally if the score drops by 10 points of more you could have additional premium added.
By using the dashboard you have control of your score by keep an eye and improving in areas that may be lower than other using the hints and tips.
Vicky.
"Literally can not WAIT for my contract to end!!!!! Does anyone know if you get money back at the end for your black box ect? Terrible company been with them two years laying over the odds! Never and English speaking person! They are liars! Hate them never again"
Hi Claire,
We’re sorry to read you feel you didn’t have a great experience with us - thanks for letting us know. Please be assured our main priority is the service we provide our customers. If you would like to send us a private response, we’d be happy to answer any queries you have.
Vicky.
"When I first read about the ‘black box’ I was quite apprehensive however it was a cheaper option for me with lower monthly payments, after just 2 months of paying my annual premium came down by a massive £100! Reducing my payments to just £65 a month meaning I have extra money to save and do more things! The only ‘issue’ I have is that when on a mobile your website doesn’t seem to be configured properly, when you log onto existing customers an error page appears that says the session has timed out once at the login page the actual log in button is at the bottom I think this would be better positioned at the top. Other than that I think you’re a great and honest company and I will not hesitate to renew with you next year!"
Hi Tara,
Thank you for choosing WiseDriving and leaving a lovely review. We’re happy you’ve enjoyed your experience with us: we take pride in offering a great level of service to our customers. We’re glad you feel we’ve been able to provide this for you.

Thanks for providing your feedback and we will take this on board, The mobile version of the dashboard was launched recently and we are aware of some technical issues, please be assured these are being looked into and dealt with.

Vicky.
"NEVER AGAIN. Originally took out the policy as my wife was a new driver, and it seemed a good deal to get her and me named on the policy - I've many years experience and the only claims in the past were windscreen replacements. Originally insurance £991 So my wife gets a new car and I ask about taking her off as a named driver. Ask about what that will do to the policy. Told I'll get a £41 discount. Eh? If I was to insure myself only, It would only cost at least half the £991. So remove the 'risk' of the new driver and this is what you get. Ask for a cancellation and get told would only get £200 odd back. Total sharks. Never ever again."
Hi Stephen,
We firstly would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to read of you're unhappy with the experience during your time with us. Whilst regrettably we can not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we would like to ask if you would be happy to send us a private response with your details so we can discuss this further.
WiseDriving is rated 3.48 based on 1,826 reviews