WiseDriving Reviews

63% of reviewers recommend WiseDriving

About WiseDriving: At WiseDriving, we give our drivers the opportunity to earn reduced premiums through good driving. Our innovative telematics product collects vital information as you drive - including how you accelerate and brake, as well as the speed you travel and your travel times.

As soon as you get a quote with WiseDriving, we give you an upfront discount of 40% as we trust that if you are willing to have your driving monitored, then you must be a good driver. Plus, if you drive consistently well, you can earn even further reductions!

Get a quote with us and see how much you could save with a telematics car insurance policy with WiseDriving - wisedriving.com

How would you rate WiseDriving ?

"Hi, This is my 3rd year with wise driving first time driver first year I was paying around £130 now I'm paying £51, never have a problem with them. I recommend it if you don't drive at night as this will effect your score. Easy access to my dashboard to check my score and driving. lovely helpful customer service. I recommend it"
"Absolute joke of a company. Cancelled my insurance due to the car being scrapped to which after the cancellation fee, to which I was told all I had to pay. They charged me an additional £49.99 which was included in my direct debits and £150 for the telematics box to which was never discussed. It’s fair to say I will never use you again!"
Hi Steven,
We are sorry to hear you are unhappy, If you would like to send us a private message with your details we can discuss this with you.
"You are best"
Hi Miss Kebe,
Thank you for choosing WiseDriving and leaving a lovely review. We’re happy you’ve enjoyed your experience with us: we take pride in offering a great level of service to our customers. We’re glad you feel we’ve been able to provide this for you.
Joshua Wright
Unverified Reviewer
"I had insurance with this company a year or so back and they literally had my pants down. Went from £89 a month to over £300 a month. When I finally got though to some person at the call centre they explained I was accelerating too harshly causing my driving score to drop. This is an absolute lie. My car at the time had an issue with the turbo so it wasn’t actually working so there is no possible way I was accelerating too harshly. After many many phone calls I got nowhere as non of the staff have any idea what they are talking about and are really quite rude at times. WARNING TO EVEVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS THEY WANT DRY RAPING !"
Hi Joshua,
We are sorry to hear this, We do appreciate your feedback and would be happy to look into this for you. If you could send us a private response with your details, we’ll investigate this further.
Miss Cooke
Verified Buyer
"Never had a problem. Good insurance"
Hi Miss Cooke,
Vicky.
"It's brilliant how you can pay how you drive!! Very happy with this"
Hi Aimee,
Thanks for your positive comments, we are so glad to hear you have enjoyed your experience with us!
"Good for me !"
Hi Alexandru,
That’s great! We're glad you've enjoyed your experience with us so far and we look forward to bringing you the same level of service throughout your policy with us.
Jacqueline
Verified Buyer
"The reduction in my premium for good driving"
Hi Jacqueline,
Thanks for leaving us a review, we’re happy that the product we’ve provided is working for you.
Vicky.
"I've earned money back from driving safely. I can monitor my driving patterns and stay safe on the roads"
Hi Sophie,
We’re so glad you’ve enjoyed the experience you have had with WiseDriving. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback – it’s very much appreciated. If there is anything you feel we could do better please let us know.
Vicky.
"I have had the black box around 1 year now, and it has been great. I can keep up to date with how I am driving. And it has helped me to improve, and become a better driver overall."
Hi Ethan,
Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear you’ve enjoyed your experience with WiseDriving so far. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
Mr Mugglestone
Verified Buyer
"Price has gone up from around £90 to £115??? No explanation given"
Hi,
We’re sorry to hear this. If you’d like to send us a private reply with your policy details, we can look into this for you.
Vicky.
"Very poor communication have not received any response to the complaint send and not got my refund even though I have cancelled the policy a week ago. Also sends the engineer to fit the black box and will cancel the insurance themselves before engineer arrives to cause unnecessary confusion. Will take the money without any consent and another time sends the letter stating you have to pay for overdue bill."
Hi Soniya,
We’re sorry to hear this. Please be assured this is being dealt with by the appropriate team and you will be contact in due course in regards to this.
Vicky.
"Wanted to change my Insurance to a new car and but can't coz they wantin 330quid a month so it's gone from around 70quid a month to that and tryin to talk to someone about it is impossible they don't understand wot your tryin to say when asking way has it gone up so much"
Hi,
We’re sorry that you are unhappy about your experience with us.
Our number one priority is the service we provide to our customers.
Insurance is based on risk what this means is, the insurers will evaluate all the details you have provided and calculate the cost of the insurance based on the risk it is to insurer. When a change is made to the details you provide us and in this case the vehicle you have insured the risk will be different and a different price may be calculated based on this.
Each detail on your policy will be looked at for many different risk factors with a vehicle change, they take all the details of the car, so for example the make, model and type, age of the car, price of the car, the security features and more. They then look at this against your details, so again for example your age, where you live, what you are using the car for, what your annual mileage is and so on.
They use statistics to then work out a price based on the risk.
some of the statistic types they may use are; how many people of your age have had accident in this particular type of car, have these cars been in a lot accident, have they been stolen or vandalized, also how many of that car, and in the area you live have had accident, incidents, been stolen or vandalised. There are many other factors/statistics that are looked at, the above are just a few of the examples. All the details on your policy will be looked at against the new car and statistics.
This is why insurance price can change if you make an amendment to the details.
We hope this explains this more for you.
If you would like to discuss this with us further, please send us a private response and we would be happy to go over this with you.
Vicky.
"Great value car insurance! My first year of driving has been made significantly less stressful/expensive, having the black box has really helped with my driving not only as an inscentive, but as a deterrent. I’ve not only managed to get my first years car insurance for less than £1000 on a 1.9 Audi, but it’s stopped me from letting road rage or adrenaline junkie personality from getting the better of me. Only problem I have, and is the only reason I didn’t score a 5, is i’ve had a few logistical problems with moving house half way through my policy, and on 3 occasions i’ve called up to query the same policy reimbursement that I haven’t received but was e-mailed saying I would be receiving, and on all 3 occasions that i’ve called, i’ve been told i’d get a call back and still haven’t and it’s been just over 4 months."
Hi Joshua,
Thank you for your review and rating , we’re happy that the product is working for you. We would like the chance to improve the experience you have had. If you would like to send us a private response with your details, we can answer any queries you have.
"Great service"
Hi Katie,
Thanks for giving us such a good rating, we’re happy that the product and service we’ve provided are working for you.
"lower insurance"
Hi Jack,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We work hard to make sure our customers receive a great product and service.
Vicky.
"I've rated WiseDriving 'good' - I have recently received a reduction on my monthly payments for increasing my driving score so I'm happy with that! The only negative I have is your customer service line is pretty terrible, I'm normally on hold for half an hour up to an hour waiting to speak to someone. I know you have an online system, but I would just rather speak to someone over the phone. Once through the staff are helpful enough just wish it didn't take so long to get through."
Hi Demi,
Thanks for the review, we take our customer service seriously and will take all feedback on board. Are you aware by making the change on your self service portal you will not be charged the admin fee of £35.
Miss Smart
Verified Buyer
"I can keep a check on my driving score and have hints and tips on how to improve my driving. I love how simple and easy it is to check."
Hi Miss Smart,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We work hard to make sure our customers receive a great service. We’re over the moon to receive your appreciation, so thank you!
Vicky.
"Brilliant rewards for good driving!!"
Hi Cain,
Thanks for your feedback – we’re glad to hear you’ve enjoyed your experience with WiseDriving so far!
Vicky.
"I have only been with them a few months and already my insurance has came down. They are so easy to contact and deal with too. Glad I changed my insurance company"
Hi Kerr,
What a wonderful review - we truly appreciate your comments. We’re happy to hear that our staff and service have made the experience great for you.
WiseDriving is rated 3.53 based on 1,740 reviews