Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
Wished I had read some of the reviews before I used them, as when I wanted to change my insurance to another vehicle they quoted me an additional £158 for the remaining term which is about 8 months or £50 to cancel. I told them it was daylight robbery and canceled, I went on line and got 12 months insurance for £182. Do not use this insurance company.
I didn't have a problem, just answer all questions correctly. I have received documents via e-mail by return on confirming by telephone exactly as required. Very helpful young lady on phone a credit to them. I can understand some customers being upset if the quote changes upon speaking with them, but did they tell the information correctly. Most insurers would give a get out without a penalty charge of some £50, however I was happy plus the company I'm insured with is a division of L & V who I have had other cars with in the past.
Absolutely disgraceful company, they are cheap but like anything it's when there are issues that you find out what a monumental mistake you made having insurance with Performance Direct. My advice is AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Most un-professional insurance company. It is quite clear that the staff are on very low commissions otherwise they would take the job more seriously. Staff tell blatant lies. Beware as you may end up having your insurance policy cancelled due to their incompetence.
Having sent all the information requested, they failed to read it properly. Insurance cancelled.
Straight forward but some what difficult process to follow as my car was a classic car i think that is to be expected , but very helpful and explained everything
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago
I did an online quotation, for my 20 year old car. Nowhere in the quotation process was I told that I had bought a Classic Car policy. Classic Car cover is not suitable for me or my vehicle.

No problem, I thought, the risk has not even begun yet. However, after talking to them, I am being forced to either pay £60 for a non-Classic Car policy, or a £55 cancellation fee! Rip off!
did not stick to original quote. refused to acknowledge my level of no claims and consequently increased my premium. the service and price i ended up with was not what was originally offered.
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
I would like to make an official complaint. I am incredibly disappointed with your customer service.
As your client I trusted you and your offer but I lost all my discounts for a year, as a result of the bankruptcy of the insurance company. This is my first insurance for this car and now I have to pay a higher insurance for a next year.
Another outrageous thing it's your offer of the new insurance for me. My previous insurance was £600, however you offer me £1700 or above that.
I wish to emphasize that insurance on moneysupermarket.com oscillate around £600.
the policy taken out with performance direct was made very easy by the staff they were a pleasure to deal with nothing was to much bother for the staff to deal with i wish i had heard of performance direct years ago
(Van Insurance) - Posted 4 years ago
Too bit outfit, they just take your money and run parasites, my car got stolen and they went down every avenue not to pay out.
Hi Alwan;

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us, I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't been the most positive.

Essentially, this matter falls under that of your claims handler and not us as your Broker. We can help to assist with the matter by contacting your claims handler for you, but ultimately, this lies with them.

We understand that making a claim or having your car stolen is frustrating, if there's anything that you would like me to investigate or look into for you, please let me know as I'd be happy to help.

Regards;

Easy and quick
Hi;

Thank you for leaving us positive comments, it's greatly appreciated!

i'm pleased to hear that you found our service easy and quick when taking out your policy.

Kind Regards;

Performance Direct
Performance Direct have been very efficient at keeping me informed from the first time I contacted them regarding insurance for my car.Now that renewal date is approaching,five weks time,I firtly was notified by phone,then received an email with my next years renewal quote,and finally a written renewal quote.Very efficient.
Hi Robert;

Thank you for leaving us your feedback, I'm pleased to hear that your experience has been positive from the start.

It's great to know that you found our renewal process informative and that we could offer you a competitive quote.

Our loyal customers are important to us and we thank you for your continued business.

Kind Regards;

Performance Direct
Do not use this company they are robbers we paid in full to insure our 4x4 but 2/3 weeks after taking policy out we decided to sell it .we rang and told them we knew we would lose some money on the policy but not the amount we did it was eye watering plus they were charging us £15 to send the policy out i asked why it cost that much i was given a load of waffle (we did'nt have it posted)When you do ring your waiting ages so i asked if they would ring me back they said yes right away
but it took the next day to do it.they have no people skills at all i would never recommend this company to anyone after all its your money so shop around
Took up a policy with them after using one of the comparison websites as they were marginally less than other brokers. I paid the policy in full.
Since then they have taken a further £105 from my bank account with no authorisation from myself (apparently this is in their small print so beware) for a 2 year old note on my previous insurance account where there hadn't even been an actual claim made! Never mind non fault. Despite my previous insurer telling me that neither this or non fault claims should affect your premium, the guys at Performance wanted an extra £55 and of course a 'service charge' (probably some sort of staff commission going on how desperate these guys seem). My advice - pay a little more and go with a properly established insurer - you'll pay less in the long run. Stay well away from this lot.
Took my money for a policy, promised to call back within 10 mins to validate policy but didn't receive a call. Meant i couldn't pick up the vehicle i had purchased. Tried calling many many times and finally got them to give me a call-back (don't be fooled by their telephone system re: call-backs, they just don't call.

Cancelled the policy with them before they could do more wrong - be very aware of this outfit, they are very dodgy.
Performance Direct is rated 4.11 based on 791 reviews