Carrot Insurance Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend Carrot Insurance

How would you rate Carrot Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"IT is disgusted with them my son is only 17 when he taken the car insurance out they have since cancel his insurance saying he not a good driver the box were saying he was a places when he wernt the do not want to no cutomer service now my son getting thretening letters demanding 2400 pound i have stated you have cancek not us the will not have they have threatened court and evething i thing its absoluted disgrace when my son is full time student not working and demanding money call this insurance company they are disgusting also nmy has learning difficuites demanding money im will be taking this further He is 17 yr old complete disgusted"
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you are having a negative experience with us and I would like to find out more. I’m going to need some details about your policy, would you mind please sending me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Ploykamol White
Unverified Reviewer
"You guys have been very helpful and very quick with your customer service. I remember you guys send someone over to fit the black box in within 3 days of my cover started so i was very impressed."
Hi, thanks for leaving us such a great review, have a fantastic day! Natalie
Hi, thanks for leaving us such a great review, have a fantastic day! Natalie
Stephen Frame
Verified Reviewer
"My son had his first Insurance policy with Carrot, BIG MISTAKE. They cancelled his policy after five months because they had recorded him speeding, twice. 42mph in a 30mph zone and 31mph in a 20mph zone. Twice in five months, not twice in one day! This leaves him liable for the full cost of the policy even although he has had just five months insurance, and it also makes other insurance companies wary of insuring him as he has been refused insurance. Reading some of the other reviews it seems that others have been treated in the same profiteering manner by Carrot. I found the glowing reviews a bit surprising because while any contact we had with Carrot staff was often friendly, were just as often, well "untrained" might be the kindest term to use. For any young drivers looking for first time car insurance, shop around, because to be honest they weren't even that cheap, others were quite a bit cheaper."
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us, I would like to look into this further for you. If you would like me to look into this further I’m going to need some details about your policy, would you mind please sending me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to look into this further for yourself and to resolve the issue please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Morgan Hopkins
Verified Reviewer
"I had a small issue that was quickly and appropriately resolved by Connor, who was my customer care assistant for the duration of my chat. He was extremely helpful and resolved all of my issues 10/10"
"Irs really good tells u the days u that u been good/bad and where u gone wrong it knows it your every mood"
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really pleased you’ve had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a fantastic day! Natalie.
"Con merchants. Ombudsman should get to grips with these Con tricks to maximise company profits. Please3 get some regulation around these insurance companies! Every disappointed customer who has been treated unfairly go to the ombudsman. Policy cancelled because of an outstanding admin fee of £35 which was not even requested. They subsequently cancelled the policy had helped themselves to £500 via DD from my bank account after they had cancelled the policy. Once the policy is cancelled the DD mandate is also cancelled. Paid an extortionate amount of money for a few months insurance. They profiteer out of young people who do not know how to fight back."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us and I would like to find out more. If you would like us to look into this further for you please feel free to email reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"I had problems with the app recording my journeys from the start of my policy. Even when I wasn't using the vehicle everyday I would receive text messages and emails telling me to connect my Bluetooth. After repeated contact with Carrot Insurance they decided to cancel my policy. Not only have they charged me £105 for Cancellation and Admin Fees but a whopping £318.95 Premium Funder Clawback!!!! Where was that ever mentioned in their paperwork? Nowhere! My advice would be to not touch this company with a bargepole. You might think you are saving money but you are at their mercy and they have none. Overall, a very stressful experience."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to have a further look into any issues you have regarding your time with ourselves please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"App really easy to use and a lot of information made simple."
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really happy you have had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a fantastic day! Natalie
"Carrot insurance makes me happy because the prices are good for my age, they are very helpful every time I ring them to ask a question about something I’m unsure about, the ibox works perfectly and judges everything right instead of an estimate like my last insurers did. I love how I get rewards for driving good aswell."
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really pleased you’ve had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a brilliant day! Natalie
Julia.hughes64@btinternet.com
Unverified Reviewer
"I am used to VW car insurance and they have never let me down. With another company doing the financial side of things let's hope the service is as good as VW."
"The first year Carrot was absolutely brilliant, had no problems was cheap for first insurance and the app seemed easy enough to use, however I renewed with them again this year and they changed the way rewards are earned so rather than having money deducted if you got a low score (mine usually due to usage even though I marked that I commute to and from work), you have to earn pound for pound, due to no fault my car broke so had to get a new one, it would have been cheaper for me to take out a new insurance policy with another company however carrot informed me I couldn’t have no car for the remaining 2months of my policy (i had paid all of the payments too may I add) and was forced to pay out an addition £150 for a new box installation and then a further £26 for extra only insurance. I booked for the box to be fitted and my partner took the day off of work to wait in for it to be done and no one showed up or made any contact, I called to enquire and received no apology just blame that it was my fault even though my partner had waited in all day for a no show. Carrot sent me emails and letters stating they would cancel my insurance if it wasn’t fitted and did grant me an extension to get the box fitted, the only reason I got for he no show was that they couldn’t find my home. I only have 4 weeks left on my policy and I would rather pay out another deposit for another insurer than stay with Carrot."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to look into anything further for you in regards to the things you are not happy with I would be more than happy to. If you would like this please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"The box scores my driving badly one day and not another, when I can assure my speed was in the limit, for the same journey I make everyday with a newborn baby in my car! I got a minus score for usage at a normal time in the day for a 29 minute drive, but when drove at 3am for an emergency got a 7! Very untrue readings, very expensive & I now worry I won’t get my no claims at the end as I’ll be cancelled like all the other reviews, but I’m now stuck with this company as I can’t afford to pay myself out! Big mistake"
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the scoring and how it works. One of the team will be sending you an email shortly.

Tom, Carrot Insurance.
"I'm happy with the service that's been provided by carrot and the price I have to pay is better than my last insurance I look forward to gaining rewards as my driving improves."
"I'm really happy with my insurance as it is an amazing price to pay and I look forward to getting rewards when my driving improves"
Hi Chantelle, thanks for leaving us such a great review, have a fantastic day and keep up the good driving!

Tom, Carrot Insurance.
"Quick and informative staff"
Hi Ella, thanks for leaving us such a great review, have a fantastic day!

Tom, Carrot Insurance
"I was stressed when sawCarrit on my bank starment as didn’t realise the VW insurance I took out was Carrot"
"Its alright however did not get any help i just had the black box fitted then no contact from carrot saying how to setup your points but after getting it explained and having found out that the app is no longer in use there alright"
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the service we have provided. One of the team will send you an email now and we can answer any questions you have.

Bradley King
Verified Reviewer
"This is my second black box policy, there is no escaping the outrageous prices, or back box nonsense but so far Carrot has been a GOOD insurer. They were the cheapest, but their service is still good. The best way to contact them is through Facebook messenger. Emailing takes a couple of days but through Facebook, they respond promptly. The black box is installed by a professional at your chosen location, which is great. Like my previous policy, the black box is an annoyance, but as long as you drive properly you won't notice you have it. I see a lot of comments on here about cancelled policies for speeding... it's their own fault for speeding on a monitored policy! The black box does penalise you for journeys longer than an hour, shorter than 10 minutes, long distance, early morning or after 11 PM. So good luck with that one... The App is good. you can easily monitor your journey scores, mileage allowance and it also has a lot of information about what to do in a crash, emergency numbers etc. A great feature. The User interface could do with a bit of modernisation though. The online dashboard is fantastic, really easy to use and informative. Carrot allows earning points for good driving and exchange those points for vouchers, which is brilliant. You do need to have a green score (+5) in order to earn points but as long as your not an idiot you'll get plenty. Overall, a good insurer, better than other providers. Ignore the boy racers in here venting their anger... I've seen lots on the road and it's their own fault."
Hi Bradley, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We really appreciate your honest and genuine feedback. Were also really pleased you are happy with the Policy. If you have any more questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Tom, Carrot Insurance.
"Very good service and the rewards system keeps me motivated to be a safe driver"
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, were really pleased you are happy with our rewards system. Keep up the good driving!

Tom, Carrot Insurance.
"Cheapest insurance with a great service"
Thanks for leaving us such great feedback! Were pleased you have been satisfied with the service. Have a great day!

Carrot Insurance is rated 3.79 based on 2,025 reviews