Carrot Insurance Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend Carrot Insurance

About Carrot Insurance: Rewarding Telematics Insurance
When we launched in 2012, we had two simple goals – to make the experience of car insurance more rewarding for our customers, and to make the roads a safer place for young drivers. To continuously improve our products and service, we invite customers to give us feedback in the form of reviews, 30 days after their policy has started and five days after any inbound contact. We ask that customers send us proof of the review, and in exchange, we enter customers into a monthly prize draw to win an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.

chat@carrotinsurance.com

Global House
Westmere Drive
Crewe Business Park

Tell us how Carrot Insurance made you happy

Over a week
"Would have rated 0 stars if I could have, they called me up 3 weeks into my policy demanding £280 (more than half my premium) to cancel my insurance policy on my ford fiesta because my car has wind deflectors on the driver and passenger windows, apparently these make my car more likely to be stolen or crashed, I asked if I could continue with the policy if I removed them but they said that this would not be possible. Feel like ive been the victim of a con here, they may seem cheap at first but just about every other insurance company ive looked at offers insurance for under £280/ 3 weeks. ITS A TRAP!"
"Awful company. OK to buy, but don't try and speak to them. 38 mins on hold today. If I could leave no stars I would"
"I have been with Carrot for the past 2 weeks and they have caused me nothing but distress. I paid a deposit and the first direct debit was due to be deducted the following month. They wrote to me two weeks later saying that an additional premium was due and demanded a payment of £110.99!!! I contacted them and they made excuses saying they now validated my documents which suggest there was a discrepancy in the information I provided, obviously incorrect. I am querying this and they will be escalating my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service for SURE. If they think they will get away with demanding charges they can think again! Moreover my policy started on a Sunday, on the day the 'week ended' and they gave me a Red week. Considering 4 red weeks cancel your policy within the 52 weeks. I contacted them and the Representative (messaging me on Facebook Messenger @ 10.50pm stated that I shouldn't have to worry about the red week if I continued to drive safely through the year)! I have never received such abysmal service from a company. I highly recommend you do not insure yourselves with them. I am going to cancel my policy as I cannot afford the stress they have already caused to me the rest of the year! Total shambles company."
"The app never works properly and keep threatening to cancel my insurance,you wait for ages for someone to answer.!!!!! Fit a black box on car and stop tracking my journey when walking with my phone ,unbelievable!!!!"
"Absolutely terrible never get through they give you absolutely nothing included customer service is terrible dont explain anything"
"My experience with carrot went too bad they cancelled my policy for no good reason they made up a problem just took over my deposit which was £398 only for 14 days; but i will take this case to the court and get my lawyer on their ass, they just try to take over your money that's all but here is a advance to everyone who got a policy with carrot they have no right to take over people's money don't give up on them untill you get your full refund....."
"Everything possiable went wrong beside the fact of modifications to my car which I mentioned to them over the phone before setting the app up, had my policy cancelled because of that, how ever I was penalised because my Bluetooth was connected to my bosses van and the read it as I was driving my car constantly tracking my locastion Evan if I walked I got penalised, poor customer service takes a hour n half of listening to the automated system before getting In touch with anyone I put down a deposit of 2 months to leaving 10 months on my bill split down won’t get my refund although I’ve paid TWO MONTHS up front, FCA are informed and I have sent the detailes good luck keeping your company.... Anyone who reads this I have gone to green light insurance they are chaeper modification friendly im 21 with a modded show car my renewal is 3500 with out any etras Green light charged me £1079 with all legal frees covered, break down, curtousy car, been fully comp aswell. Don’t wais your time with carrot"
"awful company threat to cancel your insurance all the time for no reason and the app is so inaccurate says I’m on a journey when I’m not even in the car they never answer the phones all they want it money but don’t want to provide any service god forbid anything happens because I have no trust in this company can’t wait for my insurance to end say away at all costs rather pay a bit more then go with these people"
"Unacceptably long wait times to speak to anyone Carrot gave 4 hour window for box fit. Technician came early and wouldn’t wait. Was told I’d receive a call. Emailed via quick chat(oh the irony) and didn’t get a reply. Received cancellation notice now being told to sign up for a further year is the only option even though the company is at fault. Surely this can be escalated somewhere when so many people have paid money for this terrible service"
"The New Driver Dashboard scores are terrible. Some journeys I get above 7/10, but others (that are smooth, with no sudden braking or acceleration etc as per the guide - I have evidence via dashcam footage) give me minus scores! There is no consistency with the scoring. I am unhappy with this, and will be calling to complain."
"Only had the policy 6 days and so far has caused me nothing but grief. The named driver details to log in, didn’t come through and I had to phone up in the end and I was told I hadn’t done it right, although I had followed every instruction they gave me already, 10x over. The signal between the app and the car isnt the best, so it doesn’t always pick up the beginning of my journeys and I’ve been told I keep turning my Bluetooth off and on which is an absolute lie. My Bluetooth stays on 24/7 and this kills your iPhone battery, which isn’t ideal. The biggest annoyance with the app is that when it tracks your journey it rates you down for the slightest thing, Ive been marked into the red a few times for “smoothness” which I have never found an issue with previous insurers. I feel this is done, so they don’t have to “treat” you. It’s an absolute farce, if I hadn’t already finished my 14 day cooling period, I would leave. Beware when coming with this company, I find the staff short and rude on the phone too and not helpful. They just pass all the blame onto the driver!"
"if i could give this insurance company minus stars i woould! i am so disgusted by how they treated me! never have i had such a bad experience and lost so much. The app is very unfair and unrealistic to use. I paid out £750 for insurance and recieved back £378 for 6 weeks of use! i paid 40% of the total premium and was forced to pay cancellation fees. The app is unrealistic to use and penalises you for going over a couple of miles. i had anxiety each time i got in the car using the app! this is a con and i urge everyone to stay away! you agree to a policy before using the stupid app! i have had a box before and never had a problem! i have never had a policy cancelled, never had points, never had a accident or a conviction but they are so eager to cancel and refund you nothing! i am so angry and will defintely be reporting them to tradiing standard and the financial ombussman!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE they are con artists and crooks! they should be disgusted how many people they have cheated out of money!!!!"
"Extortionate and utterly disproportionate cancellation fees! Carrot charged my daughter 35% for one month’s insurance on top of £70 cancellation fees - meaning that she has paid out almost 50% of the annual total for one month’s cover. It seems to me from reading these reviews that Carrot are looking for an excuse to cancel policies so that they can charge exorbitant fees. I urge everyone who has been charged way over the odds by this company to lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. I certainly will be."
"While i was on my family holiday, i came back to an email saying they have canceled my policy and i have to pay them a cancellation fee (for not using my car)! If that ain't despicable then i don't know what is! Full well knowing i drove to the airport, so i had to pay £200 just to get back home when i landed because they canceled my insurance. Asked them as too why the cancelled and i will be back home the following day, they didn't give monkeys! Steer away from this company! Make sure you tell them if you go away or don't use your car as they will sting you! Thought I'd leave my review on all the sites as well so other know how they operate!"
"I have never left a review for anything but this insurance is abissmal. It is not a professional company in any manner. I sincerely recommend you never use this company! I tried cancelling because the app wasn't working and could not get in touch; they ignored emails and didn't answer calls. I then got an email saying they were going to cancel my insurance because I didn't provide my no claims evidence (still no response to my ten emails to them). They emailed me on the 5th November telling me my insurance was cancelled on the 1st November (my monthly payment went out on 5th and they waited for that until informing me, leaving me unaware that I was uninsured). I now have a to declare I have been refused insurance due to their negligence and inability to respond to their customers. If this wasn't enough this company had the audacity to send me a further email saying I owed them more money. I wonder if the number they left to call to pay will actually answer...? Carrot insurance you should be ashamed of yourselves and should be removed immediately from insurance comparison sites (I will also be emailing them to complain)."
"This company is only out to take your money! just type 'carrot insurance review' into google. you will soon rethink who you insure your car with! If your a customer like me, with an app the doesnt work (yes everything is up to date and everything IS switched on that needs to be) this company will NOT fix the problem! they will send you threatening letters and emails until they cancel your policy. im lucky enough to have a weeks notice. from what i have seen, most don't get any at all."
"You do not answer the phone, you do not have an email address, you do not come back until after 3 days on Facebook messenger. You are a disgrace. I will never use you again and neither will anyone within my network of contacts. My son has not been able to go to work for 5 days because we cannot contact you to change his insurance policy over. You need to sort yourselves out - amateurs"
"Speed limits are marked down incorrect (of which i have proof) Helpline people tell you that the wrong scores will be corrected and they are not (I have proof) The customer helpline takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get through if you can at all."
"Do not get this car insurance worse I have ever been with !!!"
"Happy to take your money but when you need to contact them no answer. Spent the whole day listening to the same recorded message. Ruined my sons birthday"
Carrot Insurance is rated 3.72 based on 2,083 reviews