Carrot Insurance Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend Carrot Insurance

How would you rate Carrot Insurance?

"Absolutely shocking Company They said they would be cancelling policy so we Had to cancel first, all due to son driving too much and driving too many short distances! Obviously we lost out on lots money. Wish I had read the small print & reviews This company should be ashamed of themselves"
Hello, Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with carrot.

Our scoring system is based on thousands of gigabytes of data provided by every box we have ever had, and it has been found that those policy holders who use their car more than 7 times in a 24 hour period, or for longer than an hour at a time are much more likely to have a an accident, and that if that accident occurs between 11pm and 5am it is likely to be more severe, and as the score is a representation of how at risk of an accident a policy holder is, this will have an effect on your usage score.

If the usage score is low, along with speed and smoothness, we have no choice but to cancel a policy. If you wish to discuss this further, please drop us an email at reviews@carrotinsurance.com including your full name, policy number, and full address including postcode.

Thank you.

Regards, Tom - Carrot insurance.
Steven Elder
Verified Reviewer
"Absolute joke of a company. My son whos 17 first car and had his policy cancelled for overuse. They actually sent him an email telling him to use a bus or get a taxi. Rewarding young drivers taxing them more like. £350 deposit paid and not getting nothing back after over £800 paid in 4 months. Crooks stay well clear of these muppets unless you want fleeced!!!"
Hi Steven, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you and your son are having a negative experience with us and I would like to have a look into this this for you. Please could you send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Robert Worth
Verified Reviewer
"My has been told Carrot are cancelling her insurance because she has drove at 49mph in a 30mph! Apparently you emailed her to say this had happened before to which she didn’t receive an email! This apparently was in exactly the same spot as before supposedly,think that’s a coincidence in itself! My daughter would not drive in that way and now Carott have said they will examine the box. If all is well with box her policy will be cancelled in 7days!! It’s a joke she has paid her policy in full and on her 1st year as a driver this isn’t right by any means."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to look into this further for yourself and to resolve the issue please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"Been with them for 2 years nearly.. black box has a mind of its own, I once left my car at home whilst away with work, no one had the keys apart from me and it said I had driven it when I was 3 hours away from the car, I can drive in the same style, to the same place, at exactly the same times and get completely different scores, when they first came out to fit the black box they told me to take a manufacturer sticker off that said 'Platts Stoke' (where the car was bought from 15 years ago), had to remove it so they could fit the box. Get penalised for doing more than 7 journeys a day, so if you're sitting in your car on your lunch brake maybe and turn it on to warm yourself up- don't, they count this as a journey even if the car hasn't moved a millimetre. It takes you ages to get through to customer service, and I mean ages, and once you get through you get passed to several people as they don't know what their talking about. And to top it all off I have always had a score for the last 2 years in the + side, and my renewal has gone from £1100 a year to £1900 with am extras year NCB, AND LESS MILES PER YEAR! How can you work this out? I can't wait for my policy to run out in the next week, as I have looked around and can insure my car for £75 a month with no black box with a different company, rather than paying nearly £160 a month that carrot want. They are only interested in your money, so please, if you are looking for an insurance policy as a first time driver, I beg you to look elsewhere. Even if it means paying an extra £5 a month, it will be worth it. STAY CLEAR."
"WORST INSURANCE COMPANY I HAVE EVER DELT WITH - MOST OF THE 5 START REVIEWS ON HERE WOULD HAVE BRIBED BY RECEIVING AN AMAZON VOUCHER FOR PUTTING A 5 STAR REVIEW -PLEASE AVOID OR BE AWARE WHAT YOU ARE GETTING YOUR SELF INTO. MONEY MONEY MONEY THEY WILL FIND A WAY - been with them 6 months ish, they made me cancel insurance my insurance 5 days in because of a sticker that what the 2 of a 2p on my car which APPARENTLY is modification - Then i started a new policy - they have tried to give me warnings about speeding and they were in the wrong and didn't even say sorry - doing well always in the green miles looking fine - i moved address and they told me i have to cancel my policy due to the area which is a new build really nice location - just paid my insurance and now they are trying to charges me to cancel it I have no choice but to leave cant cope with the hassle any more + i lost a years no claims - Vile bad experience - REALLY LOOKS CHEAP AT FIRST BUT THEY WILL SCREW YOU SOMEHOW WITH MONEY OR MILES"
Hi Luke, sorry to hear you’ve been unhappy with the service you have received from us, whilst we do love to receive a five star review – we only ever invite our customers to leave reviews to let others know about their experiences, whether they be good or bad. I apologise for any speed warnings you may have had that were incorrect – we do take this very seriously and I will look into this for you straight away. We really hate to have to cancel a policy when a customer changes address to an area deemed to be too high risk, and I would like to see if there is anything at all I can do to help, please drop me an email at reviews@carrotinsurance.com . Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance
"DISGUSTING.. They have a policy where you lose points for driving bad, which is fine. I have received an email saying I have broken the speed limit, on an A road that suddenly turns into a 40 mph without a sign. Carrot will make you PAY If you want to drive more than your miles you've been allowed. I am paying £3,500 a year, and if i break the limit by 5mph, my points go down, my brakes were having a few problems, so guess what? That reduced my points. Absolutely terrible, I would have rather paid the £5k with admiral or someone else instead. Last time I got a speed notice email when the tracker could have easily shown them that my car was in a garage, getting tested... if you are a young driver DO NOT GO WITH THEM... Save up, or pay monthly and go with a better company..."
Hi Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you are having a negative experience with us.

Your score is a representation of how at risk of having an accident you are, so by exceeding the speed limit, or driving with faulty brakes, that risk is increased and you will see a drop in score.

The box will allow us to see if the vehicle visited and left a garage but not who was driving it at the time. Please can you send us some proof to reviews@carrotinsurance.com that the vehicle being driven by the garage? this can be in the form of an invoice from the garage including the dates they had the vehicle and we can take another look at that warning for you.

Regards, Tom - Carrot insurance.
"I am disgusted with this insurer, again they should not be allowed to get away with what they are doing to first time insurers. Totally screwed my son over. Would not recommend to anyone and to be totally honest with you went with them as was cheapest even at £2600.00. Disgusting attitude with customer services etc. From start to finish. PICK ANOTHER COMPANY"
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the service we have provided. I can take a look into this further if you like I’m going to need some details about the policy, would you mind please sending me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your sons full name, policy number and postcode?

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance
"Extremely awful customer service First you have to wait a long time to speak to someone Definitely would't recommend to anyone Please go with other providers even if its more to pay but its worth it"
"IT is disgusted with them my son is only 17 when he taken the car insurance out they have since cancel his insurance saying he not a good driver the box were saying he was a places when he wernt the do not want to no cutomer service now my son getting thretening letters demanding 2400 pound i have stated you have cancek not us the will not have they have threatened court and evething i thing its absoluted disgrace when my son is full time student not working and demanding money call this insurance company they are disgusting also nmy has learning difficuites demanding money im will be taking this further He is 17 yr old complete disgusted"
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you are having a negative experience with us and I would like to find out more. I’m going to need some details about your policy, would you mind please sending me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Ploykamol White
Unverified Reviewer
"You guys have been very helpful and very quick with your customer service. I remember you guys send someone over to fit the black box in within 3 days of my cover started so i was very impressed."
Hi, thanks for leaving us such a great review, have a fantastic day! Natalie
Stephen Frame
Verified Reviewer
"My son had his first Insurance policy with Carrot, BIG MISTAKE. They cancelled his policy after five months because they had recorded him speeding, twice. 42mph in a 30mph zone and 31mph in a 20mph zone. Twice in five months, not twice in one day! This leaves him liable for the full cost of the policy even although he has had just five months insurance, and it also makes other insurance companies wary of insuring him as he has been refused insurance. Reading some of the other reviews it seems that others have been treated in the same profiteering manner by Carrot. I found the glowing reviews a bit surprising because while any contact we had with Carrot staff was often friendly, were just as often, well "untrained" might be the kindest term to use. For any young drivers looking for first time car insurance, shop around, because to be honest they weren't even that cheap, others were quite a bit cheaper."
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us, I would like to look into this further for you. If you would like me to look into this further I’m going to need some details about your policy, would you mind please sending me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
Morgan Hopkins
Verified Reviewer
"I had a small issue that was quickly and appropriately resolved by Connor, who was my customer care assistant for the duration of my chat. He was extremely helpful and resolved all of my issues 10/10"
"Irs really good tells u the days u that u been good/bad and where u gone wrong it knows it your every mood"
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really pleased you’ve had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a fantastic day! Natalie.
"Con merchants. Ombudsman should get to grips with these Con tricks to maximise company profits. Please3 get some regulation around these insurance companies! Every disappointed customer who has been treated unfairly go to the ombudsman. Policy cancelled because of an outstanding admin fee of £35 which was not even requested. They subsequently cancelled the policy had helped themselves to £500 via DD from my bank account after they had cancelled the policy. Once the policy is cancelled the DD mandate is also cancelled. Paid an extortionate amount of money for a few months insurance. They profiteer out of young people who do not know how to fight back."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us and I would like to find out more. If you would like us to look into this further for you please feel free to email reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"I had problems with the app recording my journeys from the start of my policy. Even when I wasn't using the vehicle everyday I would receive text messages and emails telling me to connect my Bluetooth. After repeated contact with Carrot Insurance they decided to cancel my policy. Not only have they charged me £105 for Cancellation and Admin Fees but a whopping £318.95 Premium Funder Clawback!!!! Where was that ever mentioned in their paperwork? Nowhere! My advice would be to not touch this company with a bargepole. You might think you are saving money but you are at their mercy and they have none. Overall, a very stressful experience."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to have a further look into any issues you have regarding your time with ourselves please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"App really easy to use and a lot of information made simple."
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really happy you have had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a fantastic day! Natalie
"Carrot insurance makes me happy because the prices are good for my age, they are very helpful every time I ring them to ask a question about something I’m unsure about, the ibox works perfectly and judges everything right instead of an estimate like my last insurers did. I love how I get rewards for driving good aswell."
Thanks for leaving us such good feedback, we’re really pleased you’ve had such a good experience with Carrot Insurance, have a brilliant day! Natalie
Julia.hughes64@btinternet.com
Unverified Reviewer
"I am used to VW car insurance and they have never let me down. With another company doing the financial side of things let's hope the service is as good as VW."
"The first year Carrot was absolutely brilliant, had no problems was cheap for first insurance and the app seemed easy enough to use, however I renewed with them again this year and they changed the way rewards are earned so rather than having money deducted if you got a low score (mine usually due to usage even though I marked that I commute to and from work), you have to earn pound for pound, due to no fault my car broke so had to get a new one, it would have been cheaper for me to take out a new insurance policy with another company however carrot informed me I couldn’t have no car for the remaining 2months of my policy (i had paid all of the payments too may I add) and was forced to pay out an addition £150 for a new box installation and then a further £26 for extra only insurance. I booked for the box to be fitted and my partner took the day off of work to wait in for it to be done and no one showed up or made any contact, I called to enquire and received no apology just blame that it was my fault even though my partner had waited in all day for a no show. Carrot sent me emails and letters stating they would cancel my insurance if it wasn’t fitted and did grant me an extension to get the box fitted, the only reason I got for he no show was that they couldn’t find my home. I only have 4 weeks left on my policy and I would rather pay out another deposit for another insurer than stay with Carrot."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’ve had such a negative experience with us. If you would like us to look into anything further for you in regards to the things you are not happy with I would be more than happy to. If you would like this please send me a quick email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com with your full name, policy number and postcode? Regards Natalie, Carrot Insurance
"The box scores my driving badly one day and not another, when I can assure my speed was in the limit, for the same journey I make everyday with a newborn baby in my car! I got a minus score for usage at a normal time in the day for a 29 minute drive, but when drove at 3am for an emergency got a 7! Very untrue readings, very expensive & I now worry I won’t get my no claims at the end as I’ll be cancelled like all the other reviews, but I’m now stuck with this company as I can’t afford to pay myself out! Big mistake"
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m sorry that you’re not happy with the scoring and how it works. One of the team will be sending you an email shortly.

Regards,