Carrot Insurance Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend Carrot Insurance

About Carrot Insurance: Rewarding Telematics Insurance
When we launched in 2012, we had two simple goals – to make the experience of car insurance more rewarding for our customers, and to make the roads a safer place for young drivers. To continuously improve our products and service, we invite customers to give us feedback in the form of reviews, 30 days after their policy has started and five days after any inbound contact. We ask that customers send us proof of the review, and in exchange, we enter customers into a monthly prize draw to win an Amazon.co.uk Gift Card.

chat@carrotinsurance.com

Global House
Westmere Drive
Crewe Business Park

Telephone

How would you rate Carrot Insurance ?

"Every time I have had to telephone them about something, I have been on hold for over 40 minutes. I have tried at several different times of day and it is always the same. Not impressed at all."
"My son cancelled his policy after 4 days , they charged him 360 pound and still wanted more .he only cancelled because they charged him 1400 pounds and he saw it online for 800 ,they are rob dogs"
"DO NOT USE CARROT !!!!!!!!! Just came off the phone talking to a woman named kirtsy to sort out the unfair cancellation of my policy explaining how they have not sent out a wingman device after ordering a new one as my original wingman device was faulty. she was rude and was arguing with me basically saying that i've ignored the email that carrot have sent out when it states in the email that the device should be paired after 7 days of receiving it. she was being argumentative and unprofessional until i made her aware that the call was being recorded to which she changed her tone. How am i meant to pair something i haven't received !?! as a result they have cancelled my policy this has been nothing but headache being insured with carrot they are not clear with there requirements on there emails and will cause you nothing but grief I do not advise anyone to insure with them !"
"hard to get hold of 29mins and still in q"
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !! nothing but a terrible service since being insured by them. they sent me a faulty wingman device (Black Box) I contacted them and then they said they would send me a new one, the second one did not get delivered and now they have cancelled my policy out of nowhere. I Advise anyone to get insured elsewhere !!!!"
Hello Anton,

I'm very sorry to hear this, please send us an email on reviews@carrotinsurance.com as I would like to find out what happened to that second wingman.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance
"had a email to say my policy was going to be cancelled as my scores aint going to them and update my phone. i have the scores on my app and they aint registering properly. saying they have tried to contact me and i have heard nothing prior this email. trying to resolve it but dont seem to be gettin anywhere or speak to a manager"
"Stay away from this company. Not once was I informed about all these things you can’t do when you have the black box. I have been trying to contact them for 3 days now (which was within the 14 day time scale) but due to taking 45minutes to an hour I have been unable to cancel. I paid 1350 and now am losing 472 pounds for 15 days of using there policy absolute disgrace. Saved up all year to get a decent insurance and now have had most of the money taken off me for 15 days with these cowboys. What sort of company tells you you can only use your car for 7 journeys and for no more than an hour what is the point in even getting a car to have these restrictions"
"oh - you cannot get trough to phone line to cancel in 14 day window. I have had family trying and after half an hour either cut off or have had to give up. Spent hours trying, Emails are not answered in days and still no response to wish to leave. It is absolutely disgraceful!"
Hi Daniel, Please send us an email to reviews@carrotinsurance.com and I'll arrange a call back for you in regards to this.
"Living on pins with this policy we are in our second year with carrot & in year 1 the app was so much better the accuracy of the location was 100% better the scoring seemed fair renewing every quarter this year the nervous feeling of cancelling after 4 red weeks (0.1 in a minus) on a box I don’t trust is more likely to cause an accident than prevent one ??"
Hi Nicola,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with the scores, Please send us an email to reviews@carrotinsurance.com so that we can look into this further for you.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Appalling company to deal with. Cancelled my insurance after just two weeks due to low scores from telemetry box. No allowances for being a new driver on the road or getting used to the car. A bit more flexibility would have been nice. Clearly their business model is to take as much money as possible and then force you to cancel and pocket £150 charge and dump you. Look at all the reviews for this company and their replies to complaints. They are virtually identical. More like copy and paste as they must get so many."
Hi Mina,

We are sorry to hear you feel this way. The box based policy is geared to new drivers and does not expect your driving to be perfect, negative weekly scores do indicate negative driving behaviours beyond those expected of a new driver.

If you do wish to discuss this with us further, please send us an email to reviews@carrotinsurance.com

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"They're only interested in looting you. Is the company even run by people. Took me THREE WEEKS to get in touch with them coz they just DON'T pick up. Don't use other sites to get insurance with them and intact don't get insurance with them. They'll only send you threatening emails of cancelling your policy."
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you have been struggling to get through to us. Please remember you can also get in contact via live chat, and social media, and we're always happy to help.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Honestly A nightmare, i have never had to do so much work to hold onto my insurance! ridiculous amount of folders to update, constant emails and calls requesting i re upload information i had submitted 3+ times and to top it off they cancelled my insurance with no warning as there wingman (black box equivalent) had stopped working!I was sent out another replacement that surprise surprise did not work, I contacted the company to address his many times and was on hold for up to 45 minutes before i got thorough to anyone, was told i would get a call back and a new wingman would be send in the post... the next thing i heard my policy had been cancelled with immediate effect,completely there fault as there machine had broken yet i was left with the blame!"
Hi Ellie, I'm very sorry that you feel this way. The information that we request is only what is required to validate your policy, and we would only request this again if there was something that we did not receive or was not correct when we received it.

If there is ever a problem with the wingman device or app, we always recommend you get in contact straight away so that we can resolve this for you.

If you wish to discuss this further please send us an email to reviews@carrotinsurance.com

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Tried calling about my sons insurance as he got a text and email to say the policy was being cancelled no explanation given, was left holding on twice for over 40 mins each time listening to same message on a loop, never actually speaking to a human. Then he called to be told it was cancelled due to lack of documents, he was asked to send a copy of he's driving license the week before which he did. Your company have taken 3 months payments 2 of which upfront, then cancel so now he can't even drive he's car. Very incompatent, very poor customer service, your not even given the opportunity to reply to the emails that are sent.. As they are no reply emails. Would never recommend this company to anyone. Previous reviews say it all. Rip off young people who are trying to do the honest thing. Hard working. Terrible avoid at all costs. 😁😁"
Hi Sally, I'm sorry you feel this way. We are unable to continue the policy if documents are not correctly received, including the online counterpart and any proof of no claims discount. If you do need to get in touch via email a reply to address is usually included in the emails we send and you can always get in touch via chat@carrotinsurance.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"So being a young driver, 18. I bought my first car. I joined carrot insurance as it was the cheapest at £2000! I realised I needed extra miles, which cost me an extra 500! With free administration I must say as it was in the first 2 weeks. 1 month later I moved house. It cost me 220 quid to change address...how can anyone justify this? It's ridiculous. I am 18, student, it's not like I am a millionaire with loads of money. Onto the black box itself, well inaccurate is about right. I can swear down that I was doing the speed limit but according to black box I wasn't. Oh, if you are likely to go into minus score then be prepared for a warning and then cancellation. 2 weeks in red they will cancel you, 4 weeks in red over a year they will cancel you. When I say red, I mean -0.1...i would recommend more than as I have friends on that and they are much more lenient. Good things, support are quite funny, they get things sorted pretty quick in my experience"
Hi George,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. In explanation for the prices, insurance premiums are charged as a percentage based on risk, and come straight from the underwriter. Even a very small percentage increase, In your example it's 11% can work out as quite a large sum.

If at any time you believe there are issues with your box, we do have a team dedicated to resolving these issues for you.

If you do wish to discuss this further, please send us an email to reviews@carrotinsurance.com

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Cancelled insurance after 4 days and was charged me £117.01 this company is no good had tried 10 times every 5 minutes to phone then cost a fortune in calls. Would not recommend them to anyone reviews are not good for iPhone black box peoples batteries dying on them when connected to car."
Hello,

Sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with us. Our queues have been longer than usual the past couple of weeks as we have been incredibly busy.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Twice I’ve rang and put on hold for 30 minutes each time. Charged me £25 for a private number plate change then wanted to charge another £25 for an address change. Waived the last £25 like they were doing me a favour...Seriously!! and I have everything paperless. So £50 administration cost for pressing a few buttons and sending an email 😤"
Hello

I'm very sorry about your length of time on hold, we have been very busy recently. The administration fee covers a lot more than just pressing a few buttons. Administration fees cover everything from the electricity required to administrate your policy, to our staff and all the other costs associated with running an insurance broker.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"I would never recommend this car insurance company. When I got my first car I went with carrot. I paid £145 a month for this policy. Starting the policy I didn't know how many miles I would drive so I put 6,000. I went over and have had to pay an extra £90a month for the last four months top up miles. £90 already on top of £145! And my driving scores were all 10+. I also had an incident with the company a few month into my policy. I had a email to say that I done 70mph in a 30moh zone, they threatened to cancel my policy. I know I never done this, the day in question my car never left the drive. But how could I argue this was wrong. I rang up and the said their black boxes are 100% correct and don't give incorrect readings. I would not recommend this company at all. Scandalous, ripping off people."
Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear you feel this way, the cost of mileage is based on your scores but it's almost always cheaper to purchase the correct amount at the start of the policy. Our quote page does include a calculator to help you determine this. In the rare occasions that the box does monitor something incorrectly we do have a team who are dedicated to checking all of the data for accuracy.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"I have to say I have not had a better insurance company since carrot. Can not wait to go back with them in a weeks time. I always received cash back back rewards. I highly recommend Carrot!!! I look forward to going back with them in the future. (NEVER GO WITH WISEDRIVING INSURANCE)"
Hi Sasha,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We're looking forward to you renewing too.

Have an amazing day.

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Ive been with Carrot Insurance for around 10 months now. I have had a few difficulties changing the date of my payments but other than that its been a great insurance company to go with. Especially with it being the company that charged me the least amount of money. Staff are usually ver polite and friendly. Although waiting times are usually about 45 mins to actually get threw to speak to someone at customer service. But regarding the actual insurance company everything has ran smoothly and i am able to see how ive been driving on a daily basis."
Hi Kate,

Thank you for the lovely review. We are constantly making improvements to wait times on the phone and hope that you will see the benefit of the improvements we have made.

Have a wonderful day

Regards, Tom - Carrot Insurance.
"Amazing team they have there so friendly so polite and always helpful. Thank you for insuring me."
Hi Bay, Thanks for the lovely Review! Have a great day! Regards Natalie - Carrot Insurance.
Carrot Insurance is rated 3.76 based on 2,053 reviews