Farer Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Farer

Tell us how Farer made you happy

James Hurst
"I received my Carter II within two days of ordering online so it is safe to say Farer's service is excellent. The watch looks great, dial design and colors are fantastic and very legible, and the natural rubber strap is of very high quality and is extremely comfortable. My strap is orange and it looks great with the burnt orange hands of the watch. And the bronze crown works perfectly on this watch as well. This watch has a lot of style and personality; especially for a watch under $500."
Adrian Ventura
"I've been looking for a new watch as a treat for turning 50 last year and came across the Farer Barnato 2. I wanted something a little different with a classic feel but with a modern twist and the Farer doesn't disappoint. It has so much attention to detail especially on the watch face but never overwhelms the feeling and look of the watch. As a friend said: 'It's a thing of beauty!' At £445 (more expensive with the Milanese strap) it could be seen as a little expensive but the craftsmanship that's gone into it I think it's well worth the price. A nice personal touch with the hand written thank you card. You can't say Farer than that!...sorry!😆 Thanks Farer"
Alasdair Keys
"I love the watch. I love the service I receive. I love the fact that Farer is British!"
"It is a beautifully made, good looking and individual watch which can be customised via different straps. I have had it for 1 year now, and just bought a new orange rubber strap which has turned it into a different watch"
"Great service and a frankly beautiful watch."
"I purchased the Frobisher ll on a tan perforated strap and couldn't be happier. It looks great and feels great. Stylish well balanced design and exceptional quality craftsmanship. A beautiful everyday piece."
"It's a refreshing change to be able to order directly from the manufacturer rather than a dealer, and it couldn't be simpler; click, pay, confirm and (depending on when the order is placed) it's with you next day. Perfect! My experience was seamless. I emailed Farer and had a quick and personal response from Paul with exactly what I needed delivered very professionally. Now the best bit - the Lander: wow! All that you see in the photos and so much more. I could easily witter on about quality, fit, finish, design, balance and all that stuff you'll see in reviews online but I don't need to - I'll just say that if you think you want one, you do. You really really do. Thank me later!"
"I bought a Farer watch for my partner’s 60th birthday next Monday. He talked about buying this for himself some while ago. The ordering of the watch was super easy and arrived free of postage charge the day after purchase. I chose to give the present a week early and my partner is absolutely delighted with his Farer watch. We’re 100% happy and now my boyfriend has his perfect watch."
"Excellent quality watch. Wish it was slightly bigger but overall it feels lovely on the wrist."
"Arrived punctually and really pleased with the watch"
"Dear Farer Being that my purchase is a birthday present which is not till the third of January l am unable to write a review as yet.If you can send me another review e-mail after that date I would be pleased to express my opinion then. Regards R Campbell"
"I have just had my Black Ponting for a couple days, and it is a wonderful timepiece. I already had a Carter II (quartz GMT) which was the first watch I got in my quest for a GMT device (travel + newly married = need to know home time better). But when I saw the Ponting Black, with the smaller inner 24 hour GMT dial (much easier to read) and the DLC finish (I have a Ball DLC watch I love) I had to have it. There are a couple things I don't love about the Ponting Black, but all in all I am very glad to own it. Here are the negatives: 1) Lume advertising: On the web site, there is a "night/day" toggle, sort of like the kind one sees on Ball or Luinox sites (they are big big big on lume) and that night picture of the Farer Ponting Black is... misleading. The night toggle pic makes the watch look completely and easily readable at night. Not. The hands are visible after one gets used to the dark; the numbers.. barely maybe. There is no way that night toggle picture in any way reflects what the Ponting Black looks like in the dark. Still, it is fine, as standard watch lumes go. Nevertheless, I felt a bit disappointed after shelling out 1500 dollars, but as I say, I still love this watch, which is mainly about GMT issues. 2) Bitty Little Crown - the crown (windy-uppy dodad on side) is very small and hard to grip. Not a huge problem, but it is a challenge setting the GMT time or winding it with the small size and difficulty in gripping. I realize the Farer aesthetic would be violated by a massive crown; the watches are beautiful in their consistent proportion and lines; still, a slightly thicker and bigger crown would make it much easier to do the crown-ish things that the crown must to. Some things I love: 1) The glass back. That is so so cool 2) That each watch has a number. Also genius marketing, because between times looking at the website, I saw desired numbers disappearing. Created urgency. Smart. 3) The subtle use of colors on the face and hands. beautiful. 4) The packaging. Superb 5) The easy to use, switch, and remove universal straps. This a fantastic. All watch makers should follow suit. And please make a deep red band. That would look so cool with the DLC finish. Keep doing what you are doing Farer!!"
"Cannot fault this company. Excellent service and value for money. My watch arrived beautifully engraved quicker than expected and I am highly satisfied so much so that I will purchase a different model in the near future."
"Dear Farer team, I'm a big fan of what you guys are doing. love the service, your social media, and of course your watches. Ponting Black is the second watch a purchase from the brand and i have to say over all its a beautiful well fitted watch i like the simplicity of it; however, as much as i love the dome glass the area underneath the curved dome is not visible and l feel like it takes away a little from the beauty of the dial. The minute markers are also very dark and only visible in bright sunlight as for the minute numbers as well as the two tone edge of the dial. other then that i love it as well as my aqua compressor. both fantastic watches. Regards Abdulrahman"
"Love the designs, great service!"
"Beautifully designed with perfect proportions. The pictures on the site don't do this watch justice. Received within one business day and couldn't be happier with it."
"Great looking watch! Very happy with the purchase. Great size and feel."
"Arrived next day as advertised and looks good in the box, it is a birthday present, not yet used."
"A stunning watch in the flesh, very wearable with a 10mm height, beautiful crisp dial and easy to use GMT function, a very welcome edition to my watch collection which includes Cartier and IWC timepieces"
"The buying experience could have note been better, easier, or safer! The package arrived on time (early actually) and the product packaging was an over-deliverable. Very much like the Hardy brand from years ago... 100% pleased. Great value!!"
"Beautiful watches. Good service. Need to ensure stock levels are reflected on website, as I had an issue at first with strap availabilty. Overall, very pleased."
"I now have 3 Farer watches . A Hecla, A Cobb and A Ponting Black GMT. Three fantastic watches in terms of design , value for money and simply a pleasure to wear. The company delivers on customer service as well."
"Had spent quite a few months admiring this watch on the internet. Finally bought it a few weeks ago. The watch itself is really nice ( i bought the cobb). I also bought an extra strap ( black ) for the watch. The brown strap looks amazing and the strap is really comfortable and a pleasure to wear. The black strap for some reason is very hard. Have had the black strap on for about 2 weeks now and wear the watch everyday and its still very hard. Hopefully with more use this will change. The watch itself is amazing and really do love it. The only slight disappointing thing with the watch, is that it is barely visible in the dark. I have other watches which can be seen in the dark, but the farer one most of the times does not illuminate and when it does its not clear at all ( The website is very misleading when it shows how it illuminates in the dark). Aside from this the watch is lovely and a pleasure to wear."
Farer is rated 4.86 based on 494 reviews