Farer Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Farer

Tell us how Farer made you happy

Peter Sullivan
"I wasn’t keen on buying a watch purely from the website (good though it is). So I decided to book an appointment when I was in London. I was met by Mike, one of the Farer designers. He showed me the full range answering all my questions and queries both interestingly & frankly. He also gave me an insight into the background & philosophy of Farer which gave me additional confidence in making a purchase. I have subsequently acquired a Lander. My experience from start to finish was excellent with both Stuart and Mike great ambassadors of their company."
Robert Clarke
"Every thing about the Farer brand is spot on from the beautiful box and hand written note that I received with my Lander. The attention to detail is astounding and the colour of the face is mesmerising.Well done all concerned with the brand and I’m looking forward to what they have planned for 2019. Rob"
Steven Clark
"Great service and a frankly beautiful watch."
"Overall a very pretty watch that offers great value. On the downside is that the minute/second track is more or less unreadable which makes setting and reading exact time difficult. Especially since the crystal catches a lot of light (I thought it would be AR coated?). I also would wish for a jumping hour hand, but I know this is a limitation of the movement and I knew it when I bought the watch so not something I fault Farer for."
"I have reached out twice regarding scratches to my watch with no response"
"The good: The Barnato II is a nice watch, with a fun design and a good size on the wrist. Looks great with the Milanese strap. The bad: It is not as striking in reality as it is in the pictures (nobody noticed I had a new watch). The hour markers are difficult to see at night. The wooden box it comes in looks impressive, but the difficulty of opening and closing makes it seem cheap. A simple hinge would be more effective. The dealbreaker: Setting the time is inexact, the hands move when sliding the crown in and out. It stopped keeping time after 10 days. For the money, I was expecting more."
Thanks for the feedback. We are afraid we can't do much about anybody noticing your new watch but we will look into your note on the wooden box. We will of course be happy to fix or replace your watch as well- please do drop us an email at enquiries@farer.com to arrange.
"Blue GMT numbers are hard to read in terms of size, placement and contrast. GMT time hard to set to correspond with main time. Second hand extends too far to edge and is too bold and distracting."
"Great design, looks good on arrival. Mineral crystal doesn't show as well as sapphire and brass crown is tarnished in the first week of ownership. Concerned about long term quality as a result."
Hi Ian - thanks for your review. We recently upgraded the Barnato and Carter to have solid bronze crowns, to match the crowns on our Automatic range. This is likely why you think that your crown is tarnished - it is in fact the patination from natural oxidisation. You can easily return the crown to being shiny by polishing with a cloth and a polishing product such as Peek. If you still have issues/questions then please send more detailed photographs to enquiries@farer.com and we will resolve. In terms of the crystal - the Barnato has a sapphire coated glass as per the specifications on Farer.com. Please drop us a note if you have other questions. Thanks, The Farer Team.
"Really a 3.5 star rating. Pretty watch. Feels well made apart from the very irritating fact that the second hand doesn't align to the minute markers. It is a quartz but I would expect it to for a £400 plus watch. Sub £100 Seikos can so no excuse really."
"Beautiful watch, very stylish, but watch runs fast, gaining as much as 5 minutes in two days."
Hi - very sorry to hear about your watch running fast. Please email enquiries@farer.com and we will get this sorted as soon as possible. Thanks, The Farer Team.
Farer is rated 4.86 based on 510 reviews