Farer Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Farer

Tell us how Farer made you happy

Sanvido Olivier
"We were very warmly welcomed at the Farer shop London and had a chance to have a look at all the available watches. To be honest, it was not easy making a choice as so many of the watches are so cool! In the end, I decided to buy a GMT Automatic and I do not regret my choice. Might come back to choose another one ;-)"
Peter Sullivan
"I wasn’t keen on buying a watch purely from the website (good though it is). So I decided to book an appointment when I was in London. I was met by Mike, one of the Farer designers. He showed me the full range answering all my questions and queries both interestingly & frankly. He also gave me an insight into the background & philosophy of Farer which gave me additional confidence in making a purchase. I have subsequently acquired a Lander. My experience from start to finish was excellent with both Stuart and Mike great ambassadors of their company."
Robert Clarke
"Every thing about the Farer brand is spot on from the beautiful box and hand written note that I received with my Lander. The attention to detail is astounding and the colour of the face is mesmerising.Well done all concerned with the brand and I’m looking forward to what they have planned for 2019. Rob"
"I wrote you a week ago about a watch I just bought from your company. No body had the common decency to write back about the problem I had with the band. Needless to say you’re customer service is terrible and this is why Iam changing my review. I can guarantee you I will never buy another thing from your company and will spread the word how terrible your customer service is!!!"
"My lander watch looks great. Maybe slightly smaller than I originally envisaged but an eye catching design that'll never be out of fashion. The only things I will say is I was under the impression that it was a 100 number limited run, but I now see that having sold all 100, the run has now increased to 250, that's naughty in my opinion and misleading. If it's 250, 500 or whatever just make that clear from the beginning. Also the company should have a contact phone number on the website. I might be old fashioned, but I like to speak to someone if I have a question or query."
"The excellent service I received from the gentlemen at Farer is of the sort that's sadly lacking in much of the retail and service sectors these days. The team went 'above and beyond' to make my purchase a most enjoyable experience and the extra effort and time afforded to me was very much appreciated. The watch is presented in a carefully thought out and splendidly crafted box which far exceeds the standard of those produced for many other high end watch makers and the opening 'ceremony' is one which befits the character of the watch itself. The workmanship, materials and sheer quality of my Ponting, I believe, transcends that which one might expect for the cost of the watch and there will be no criticism of its price point from me. As for the watch itself, well, aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder and I see the watch as exciting, vibrant and innovative and have no doubt that others who take the plunge for any of the GMT Automatics will feel likewise. How appropriate it is to say that I've discovered a new company to follow and I'm sure at some point in the future, I will revisit with a view to expanding my collection with another Farer. ."
"Purchased as a gift for my sons 21st birthday so I took advantage of the engraving service. My watch arrived very carefully packaged for postage. The presentation box it came in is also perfect.The watch itself is smart and stylish and my son loves it. Very happy indeed."
"The service from Farer is impressive, very quick and the watch is beautifully packed. It's a gift for my husband, and I haven't given it to him yet, but the watch looks really great. Thanks Farer!"
"I have reached out twice regarding scratches to my watch with no response"
"I own a lot of watches including Rolex and Omega and this watch so far keeps better time and is equally as well finished"
"Clear dial, easy to set time both local and GMT. Pleasing watch band, whole package discrete, but elegant."
"It was a tough choice deciding between the Lander and the Ponting. The Lander offers easier readability in both light and dark environments since it has white numbers and white hands against a dark dial. At night, the Lander's lume on the face and hands lights up like a Christmas tree and looks great. The Ponting on the other hand is a bit tougher to read in average or darker lighting since white hands on a light silver background don't offer as much contrast (and my eyesight isn't what it used to be). In the dark, the hour, minute, and GMT hands glow beautifully but the indices do not which makes it difficult to use without a point of reference on the face. I think there should should have been easy to see lume at the indices or at a minimum something significant at the 12:00 position for reference. However, I did not buy a watch to look good while I'm sleeping so I went with the Ponting which is more versatile style-wise and has a better overall face layout and design. The Ponting is a nice looking watch and fit and finish are great. I went with the Milanese mesh band and I'm very happy with it. It's very comfortable as well as versatile. But if that's not your style, it's easy to change up the watch from casual to classy with a simple band change. Between the three GMT automatics, the Ponting offers the best design IMHO with the shorter GMT hand and 24 hour markings in the middle of the dial. It's very easy to see and differentiate the GMT hand from the hour or seconds hand."
Farer is rated 4.85 based on 576 reviews