Farer Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Farer

Tell us how Farer made you happy

Peter Sullivan
"I wasn’t keen on buying a watch purely from the website (good though it is). So I decided to book an appointment when I was in London. I was met by Mike, one of the Farer designers. He showed me the full range answering all my questions and queries both interestingly & frankly. He also gave me an insight into the background & philosophy of Farer which gave me additional confidence in making a purchase. I have subsequently acquired a Lander. My experience from start to finish was excellent with both Stuart and Mike great ambassadors of their company."
Robert Clarke
"Every thing about the Farer brand is spot on from the beautiful box and hand written note that I received with my Lander. The attention to detail is astounding and the colour of the face is mesmerising.Well done all concerned with the brand and I’m looking forward to what they have planned for 2019. Rob"
Steven Clark
"Great service and a frankly beautiful watch."
"Great watch but strap only lasted 15 months of daily wear and was quite expensive to replace at £49."
"Beautiful watches. Good service. Need to ensure stock levels are reflected on website, as I had an issue at first with strap availabilty. Overall, very pleased."
"Had spent quite a few months admiring this watch on the internet. Finally bought it a few weeks ago. The watch itself is really nice ( i bought the cobb). I also bought an extra strap ( black ) for the watch. The brown strap looks amazing and the strap is really comfortable and a pleasure to wear. The black strap for some reason is very hard. Have had the black strap on for about 2 weeks now and wear the watch everyday and its still very hard. Hopefully with more use this will change. The watch itself is amazing and really do love it. The only slight disappointing thing with the watch, is that it is barely visible in the dark. I have other watches which can be seen in the dark, but the farer one most of the times does not illuminate and when it does its not clear at all ( The website is very misleading when it shows how it illuminates in the dark). Aside from this the watch is lovely and a pleasure to wear."
"Watch is fab.... but... when signing up for the finance it didn’t work. I was buying a low numbered watch and ended getting no 23.?? Not sure where that number came in the grand scheme of things Which is no biggy. But delivery was delayed due to watch straps not in stock. I needed the watch quickly i am promised the correct strap around 6th. Can’t fault service there if the other strap follows"
"Looks great....but it’s a Christmas present. I’m allowed to look, but not touch. It’s got to go to Santa first"
"The cobb chronograph is a great looking watch, very pleased with the build quality. Only negatives would be a very weak lume,and the strap loop has stretched only after a week of use."
"ordering process and package / delivery excellent instructions need to be clearer as to what sequence is needed to set up the watch and a warning that the crown pull may be very stiff at first should be included appearance and quality exactly what would expected from the website description; very distinctive, simple and attractive engraving quality could be improved, a bit wobbly under a hand lens"
"Recently bought a Frobisher II & it is exactly as described and of excellent quality. The case the watch arrived in was sleek & heavy and made for an excellent experience opening it for the first time!"
"very good!"
"My watch arrived on time and is everything I expected. I have Brietlings and Zeniths as well as some restored timepieces (Tudor) and this watch although not having the heritage of the older brands is beautiful and looks fantastic. I hope I am one of the first to buy into this brand in the expectation that it will become very collectible ."
"Very happy with the watch, simple clean design which is easy to read. I like the orange rubber strap but could do for it to be longer, I do not have a large wrist and still have to use the last two holes."
"I had decided to purchase myself a nicer watch, not go to crazy and spend thousand and thousands of dollars, but maybe step up from just a simple sub $200 Fossil. I had a few criteria, I didn't want battery powered or quartz movement, needed to have or be swappable (and look good) with a leather strap, and I didn't want a huge case, in either diameter or depth. I searched for quite some time to find this, and then I found Farer, and more specifically the Hudson. I was instantly drawn to it. It has a beautiful face and dial, the "Sunray" blue face, as they call, really does look great in the light, and the small colors accents all work. It's a great size too, and fits well into my desired dimensions. The diameter is a little more modest at 37mm, though it doesn't feel smaller, as the dial is nice and wide, and pushes to the edge of the case, really using as much space as it can. Also at 8.3mm it's amazingly thin, and just has a great weight and feel on the the wrist, again without any real bulk. I do wish the dome/glass wasn't quite as thick, as it could be even thinner, but thats about it. I was a little nervous about the winding movement of the watch, and because of that, among other reasons, I spent a lot of time going back and forth with the Hudson and a automatic GMT. I felt the automatic movement might be better/more convenient overall, but there was just something about the hand-winding nature of it, something about keeping to it every day. I went with the discipline of daily winding and I'm very happy with my choice, and who knows I could pick up a GMT later. I enjoy the glass on the back and getting to watch the little gear turn is simple and amazing. Its one of my favorite moments I catch myself in now, to just have my elbows on my desk, head in my hands thinking, and just hearing the gears tick-tock away. All in all I'm very happy with my purchase and I intend to be for quite some time."
"I've bought "BARNATO II" and so far I am very satisfied with this watch and your service. However, after I purchased "BARNATO II with Black leather strap", I also ordered "Milanese strap" separately. But it hasn't reached to my place yet and the courier company tracking service doesn't work at all... May be due to POS Malaysia's very poor operation and customer service. Royal Mail website had updated the milestone information correctly, however, after it was handed over to POS Malaysia the web page indicates "No record found"... I am hoping that the strap will be delivered to me safely and soon... Overall, I am satisfied with your watch and my latest shopping. Thank you."
"This is a playful, fun and ingenious design. I love the shape and thinness of the case and the dial is fantastic. What has stopped me giving top marks are the hands- the matt silver is too low contrast against the dial. I have an L.U.Chopard watch which overcomes this issue by black polishing the hands so that more contrast is obtained by the hands either shining bright or appearing dark depending on the angle of light. I would have done the same here with this watch."
"Love the design, the retro color combination, quality of the watch and extremely fast delivery to US. I would like to have a bigger date window and the GMT markers (numbers) are just to small, I can barely read them. Also, I emailed a couple times with no response, I had a question on how to set up the GMT time. Overall 4 stars. Thanks"
"I like the effort made for a compressor style case, though I feel the case design is a bit clunkly, could have done with more defined curves - sometimes I look at it and it seems just a big square lump. 40mm I feel would have been a better size or a 22mm strap. Everything feels quality enough and I like the dial etc though not sure about the orange colour segment of the internal bezel - can't make up my mind if it cheapens the watch and would have been better all black. Not a fan of the curved end rubber strap - these style of curved ends won't let the watch sit flat when its off the wrist and limit the options for another aftermarket strap - tried it with my fav type of leather strap and due to the case design it looks bad - too much slab sided case on show which the curved end strap hides - another reason I would have preferred more definition on the case and a different style around the lugs. In all though a well made watch, classic-ish in appearance. Delivery was quick and a nice case with it along with a bracelet."
"Love the watch (after more than a year); love the quick-release feature on the watch bands. However, don't love the fact that I had to pick up my new watch band at the post office. Not a fan of the signature-required aspect of receiving goods from Farer. Understandable when it's a watch, not so much when it's a lower-priced item like a watch band."
"The unique design of the Hecla caught my attention when I saw it on the usual online watch blogs and websites, so I ordered one. Upon receiving the watch, I was amazed at the quality of the overall product for a relatively new independent watch company. The packaging is excellent but more important, the watch is amazing. The dial just pops, the crowns wind and turn very smoothly, the rubber strap is integrated really well and the steel bracelet looks really well-made even though I didn't try it on. There is one big issue for me though and that is the reflections off the sapphire glass. It's not something I've noticed with watches before, I've owned a lot of watches as a collector, but I keep seeing my own face and surrounding objects reflected off the glass, which is really distracting and I keep focusing on rather than the beautiful dial. Also, I found the lumes to be quite weak but perhaps I've been spoilt by my Tudor Pelagos. This is not a deal breaker for me but the glare is. With much regret, I returned the watch unworn. I wish there was an anti-reflective coating to reduce the glare on the dome crystal. Overall, the Hecla is a wonderful watch, unique design from Farer. I would definitely recommend it you aren't bothered by the glare as much as I am."
"Super fast delivery !! Very happy with the watch (Leven). Watch is running a little fast, but still recommended"
"Bought a Beagle, a truly beautiful watch. Unfortunately it doesn’t keep great time. It gains about two minutes in a week, which for a Swiss made timepiece is a disappointment."
Farer is rated 4.86 based on 510 reviews