EO Charging Reviews

Tom Taylor
EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
Charger is great, the app is terrible.
The charger is fine. Your customer service manager is great. But my installation was, in her words, an “ordeal”. There seems to be a weakness in your processes for managing your contractors, and I get the impression that the company is understaffed.
Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, we’re really pleased to hear you’re happy with your EO charger.

We’re currently experiencing a high volume of home charging installation requests and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers.

The last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - we value all feedback and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to get direct feedback on our booking process - could you please contact us on hello@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The EO Charging team
Good service. I changed from universal to tethered at late notice and firm was very efficient in enabling it to happen.
very discreet charge point. Excellent installation service - highly recommended.
Great it is so small on the outside of teh house. It would be good to advise customers that they need to have three boxes including the plug inside the house, not a problem in our case but we were unaware until the fitters arrived.

The guys who fitted the unit were excellent.
We wanted a charger that was unobtrusive and efficient. A friend recommended the EO Mini and we had a silver one installed.

Looks good and works well with the app, very easy to programme.
We have had our EO charger installed but annoyingly it is a faulty part. Waiting for a date for the new part to be installed.
Hi Ewan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we’re sorry to hear that you’ve experienced an issue with your charger. Please be assured that we’re currently reviewing your case and someone from our Home Install team will get in touch shortly to ensure your replacement unit is installed as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you have any question feel free to contact us directly on install@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Great discrete wall charger and perfect installation
I encountered some issues throughout the install process that were mainly down to the designated company who installed the unit. EO were incredibly keen to learn of these bumps in the road in a very proactive and supportive way for the benefit of future customers. I was extremely impressed with their aftercare and the unit is working well and looking great - being so small. I haven’t regretted purchasing an EO Smart Home and would have no hesitation in recommending EO to anyone in the future!
Hi Darryl,

We’re sorry to hear that you've had such a frustrating experience with your charger and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

In most instances we refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the way the installation was carried out may not have been best in your instance but are glad to hear that your charger is now up and running.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to get direct feedback on our installation process - could you please contact us on install@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Fantastic service and installation.
I have nothing but praise for Mike the installer who finally fitted my charger. Neatly done, adaptable to location needs and existing wiring, and very friendly to boot.

The charger itself is fit for the intended purpose, though where I thought I was originally ordering the EO Mini charger I’ve ended up with the EO Smart charger which has functionality that is of no use to me at extra cost - that change resulted in one star loss here.

The main star loss was the mess originating from coming in via the Octopus EV referral route, then compounded by EO processes breaking during lockdown, meaning that the order placed in mid-march wasn’t actioned until early July, and fitting wasn’t done till mid-July.

Octopus have to take some blame for misadvertising what their “deal” covered (see the mini-vs-smart charger point), as in their setup, the OHME cable bought back in Feb via Octopus handled the smart aspects of the charging cycle, and just required a basic power supply.

EO tell me that Octopus were displaying incorrect information when I was doing the research that led to this order placement back in January, but that didn’t come to light until my chasing the order back in June, by which point it was too late to change because we would have missed the OLEV grant cut off and cost us even more money.

Once EO did get on top of the delayed order, things progressed fairly well, so if that’s normal for what should happen when a regular order is placed with them, then I would say that is a general positive.
Hi Carl,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

In what was an unusual and challenging time and in line with government guidance on the Covid-19 outbreak, we had to pause all home charging installations from March to June to protect both our network of installers and customers.

That said the last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - we value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email on how we can make our booking process with Octopus more streamlined, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,
The EO Charging team
Lovely small box, doesn’t stand out positioned at the front of the house. Fitter was excellent and consulted at each point of the process ensuring I was happy with the work at all times. I have taken a star off for two reasons:- 1. Payment process not great - I was having to chase and find out what to do, this should be the other way around! 2. I can’t see that the control app is ‘smart’. It either doesn’t have the ability to link to OctopusGo or it’s not that obvious and needs an instruction manual! Overall very pleased with the process of signing with Octopus and their intro to EO and subsequent completion.
Morning Stuart,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we're pleased to hear that your charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations, please note that we've passed your feedback onto our Home Install team who will look into how we can make the payment process more streamlined.

Please note that our Technical & Support team will be more than happy to remotely guide you through the 'EO Smart Home' app so you can integrate 'Octopus Go' tariff and automatically power your car when electricity is cheapest - could you please contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Great service and very neat installation. Only problem was the App that you need to operate the EV charger does not list my vehicle, so not able yo use all the available features of the charger
Very friendly, prompt and efficient. Very neat and tidy job, cleaned up entirely after themselves and talked me through everything in detail.
On time. Polite. Fitted as discussed. Working. Did not introduce me to the app and user friendly options, had no experience there as usually fitting before car is delivered. However I worked it out. Have queried the hum from the MATT:E unit which seems to be correct but was not part of the intro. / briefing.
Albeit the scheduling of the appointment was moved many times, this was a direct result of Covid. The installation when completed was excellent and very tidy. Now installed the charger is simple and works like it says on the can.
It works as a charger but I'm not sure why its worth another £300 than another brand.The app is ok but basic
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad that your charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn't match your expectations. Please note that we're currently working on developing an updated version of the EO Smart Home app and will be providing an update to all customers over the coming weeks.

If you think a specific feature needs improvement don't hesitate to drop us a note at hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Simply and conveniently installed. Well prepared for the future of driving.
I’ve only had it two days, gis a break! Not had chance to get my head round the app, so I simply plugged it into my Zoe, and it completed the charge from 78% to 100% in just over an hour, good so far. It was when I unplugged it that the fun began, - could I get the cable to wrap round the unit? Could I heck! Why there’s not a couple of folding arms or summat on of the top or the side of the unit, I’ve no idea, so I’ve got to bodge up summat to coil my cable round now. And, and! plugging the cable into the holding socket makes it stick out much too far, so I’ve also got to see if I can relocate the socket to the bottom! Whoever has designed it certainly hasn’t used it.....
Hi George,

Sorry to hear that your experience with our charger didn’t match your expectations, we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Please note that we've passed your feedback onto our Product & Development team who will look into how we can improve our future generations of products from a design perspective. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email - feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

Best,
The EO Charging team
We have suffered with the issues of installation delay because of Covid. Octopus were not able progress the installation. However, Emma and Liane in the installation team from EO were really helpful, polite , helpful and warm to engage with. The Installer (Chas from Bewired) was excellent in doing neat professional job.
The technical back up has been great so far. It’s in and it’s working ok. Looking forward to saving...
EO Charging is rated 4.15 based on 171 reviews