EO Charging Reviews

Tom Taylor
EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
The equipment looks a mess (not the engineers fault) and doesn’t connect to the solar system as promised. Contacted you several days ago to ask for someone to call me about it, not had a response yet. Also the app is very buggy and difficult to use.
Good morning Matthew,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having such a frustrating experience with your charger and that you are yet to receive technical assistance from our team.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to resolve the issue you're facing as soon as possible - could you please contact our Support team immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20 383.

Please note that we have personally flagged the situation to our colleagues and they are awaiting to hear from you.

The EO Charging team
This has been one of the most frustrating times of my life . It has taken months to organise this charge point. It would have been easier to negotiate Brexit.
The lack of communication between octupus, eo. And ev . Should not really be my problem. Wether the staff are working from home or a different planet is of no concern to me . But the installer attends and expects the charger to be sent to me the customer. So no installation there then. The following week the charger is posted to myself but no ct clamp to link the solar power. Which was discussed with eo months before . Please give your heads a wobble and work together for the customers. This is not pass the parcel !!
Hi Ken,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re really sorry to hear that you’ve had such a frustrating experience with the installation of your charger and agree that this is not acceptable.

Please be assured that we are reviewing your case immediately and will contact you directly to discuss the situation.

The EO Charging team
I am very unimpressed with your app. It took many attempts by the installer and myself to set it up. So far as I can tell I have been able to use the app to select the Octopus Go tariff. But the app seems incapable of reporting charging sessions which have occurred under that tariff (I can tell that they have occurred, and when, because of information about half hourly usage on the Octopus web site and I can also see that the car has been charged).
Hi Roger,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having such a frustrating experience with our app and thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We fully understand that you want to get the most from your EV charger and would be happy to arrange a technical session with one of our experts to resolve the issues you're facing. Could you please drop us a note directly on support@eocharging.com with your contact details?

The EO Charging team
Installation was a very good experience - nothing to do with EO. The product (socket) is simple and good looking. The accompanying app is, thus far, way below par. Installed Thursday, 10/09/20 and contacted app developer with a query and still waiting for a response. At the moment, I just have a very expensive outdoor socket. Not sure where the smart has gone as it doesn’t seem to want to talk to my phone.
Good morning Patricia,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations and that you’re yet to receive a response from our team.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to resolve these issues as soon as possible - could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

The EO Charging team
Timer stopped working as keep getting message saying SmartHome is offline. It is not my connection - everything else in the house works!
Morning Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear that you're having connectivity problems with your EO charger and are keen to ensure you're up and running as soon as possible - could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
Uninformed staff, potentially unsafe installation, several errors made, no contact from EO after Octopus washed their hands of the matter. Other than that, yeah great! Very unhappy charger, Charlie! Lindsay Porter, Member of the Guild of Motoring Writers.
PS I'll just pop this on Trust Pilot so others can know...
Hi Lindsay,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the way the installation was carried out may not have been best in your instance and fully understand the frustration this situation has caused you.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please contact us immediately on install@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
We have had our EO charger installed but annoyingly it is a faulty part. Waiting for a date for the new part to be installed.
Hi Ewan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we’re sorry to hear that you’ve experienced an issue with your charger. Please be assured that we’re currently reviewing your case and someone from our Home Install team will get in touch shortly to ensure your replacement unit is installed as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you have any question feel free to contact us directly on install@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Installer was always looking to make more money and giving excuses and increased my price from given quote of 550 pounds to 850 pounds.....I understand some increase but they took advantage or have to wait for more long term
Hi Naveen,

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the installation provider we recommended. We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of installers who in most instances carry out a remote survey to determine whether the installation is standard or if any extra work is needed (for example additional CT clamps).

That said, we appreciate that the surveying process may not have been best in your instance and have flagged your feedback to our Home Install team who are currently reviewing your case and will get in touch shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any question feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
App simply does not work. Scheduled charging not working. Achieved charge rate notification does not work - states low rate completion when charging is in fact complete.
Good morning,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we're sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn't match your expectations.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please drop us a note at hello@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

The EO Charging team
App very slow, with very basic and missing functionality, it won’t even calculate the cost of charging. The unit is small but needs a similar size unit inside the house and two cables to connect to the unit outside. No suitable to use with third party apps.
Hi Igor,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our charger didn’t match your expectations.

In terms of our app, we recently identified an issue with cost monitoring and have just published an update to the app store. We recommend that you download this update to resolve the issues you’re facing.

If this does not resolve the matter then please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
The software in the current “smart chargers” is what I would describe as alpha code, it’s not fit for purpose! It has so many bugs it’s now at the point I’m going to have it removed, charging when it shouldn’t, not charging when it should resulting in myself incurring additional costs and more importantly time on my journeys as the car isn’t charged when I wake up in the morning, it’s simply isn’t up to the job.
Hi Shaun,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We value all customer feedback and are keen to work with you in resolving these issues - could you drop us an email on hello@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our team will contact you directly.

EO Charging is rated 4.13 based on 167 reviews