EO Charging Reviews

of reviewers recommend EO Charging

Tell us how EO Charging made you happy
Main requirement was a home charging unit that looked small and not too noticeable on the front of the house. The EO Mini was the only one we found that fitted the bill. Especially as it came in grey. Worked perfectly for almost a year until we hit a problem which meant it wouldn’t charge. The unit was replaced promptly without charge thanks to the excellent support from the EO team.
The installation of the charger unit went well and it is now in satisfactory use for manual operation. The home hub unit has relatively weak signalling and so it was not possible to connect to our router. We will need to purchase a WI-fi range extender and try to use the smart features thereafter.

The compact appearance of the unit is good.
I like the simplicity and the small form factor of the EO charger. the installer were very professional.
Works well, looks nice, and I love to see good use of Raspberry Pis!
Had to provide a lot of information and images before could get a booking started. Ended up with a whatapps video call with an engineer to check information. on Install day the engineer was there for the full day which was surprising but he left a neat job. Couldn't test on the day but charger has been working fine.
Hi I have an EO smart home charger for about four months now and I wish I had never seen the thing or to be more exact the App. This thing has let me down four times which is once a month since I got it.
It was expertly by Christopher Ruddy so it’s not his fault that the thing is useless.
When I connect my car at approx 11 at night I expect to be able to forget it and the charging will automatically start charging at two o’clock to take advantage of the night rate.
But alas this doesn’t always take place.
The thing starts charging straight away and tells me my smart home is not connected and it cannot connect to something or other in the sky.
I see this is a problem other people have reported.
I have instructed your Irish agent to come and take it away and replace it with something that I can simply set a timer on and the unit will start and stop charging as I it require to. Maybe the simple one would have something to hang the lead on.
And not one made by EO.

Oliver Callaghan.
Hi Oliver,

We’re sorry to hear that you had such a frustrating experience with our app and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Last thing we want is to let our customers down - please be assured that we are reviewing your case immediately and one of our team experts will contact you directly to ensure you're getting the most from your charging sessions.

The EO Charging team
Installation was a very good experience - nothing to do with EO. The product (socket) is simple and good looking. The accompanying app is, thus far, way below par. Installed Thursday, 10/09/20 and contacted app developer with a query and still waiting for a response. At the moment, I just have a very expensive outdoor socket. Not sure where the smart has gone as it doesn’t seem to want to talk to my phone.
Good morning Patricia,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations and that you’re yet to receive a response from our team.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to resolve these issues as soon as possible - could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

The EO Charging team
Timer stopped working as keep getting message saying SmartHome is offline. It is not my connection - everything else in the house works!
Morning Ian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear that you're having connectivity problems with your EO charger and are keen to ensure you're up and running as soon as possible - could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
Polite, helpful and efficient installers. Excellent communication from all concerned.
Had problems with the solar charging which has only responded intermittently . Sometimes it still takes solely from the grid rather than the solar panels. Flagged this to EO who say it is a software issue.
Installation otherwise very good.
The ordering process was good. I found it easy to provide all of the details and photos requested.
The chargepoint installation process was good. The engineers got in contact to arrange an install date, arrived on time and did a first class job with the installation.
Unfortunately, a few days after the installers left, the unit appeared to develop a fault. The LED on the unit flashes red, rather than pulsing blue. I’ve monitored the unit for the past 2 weeks and occasionally it will go back to blue, standby but most of the time it flashes red either 2 times, 5 times, or all the time. The installers came back and checked the box etc. Everything appears to be OK. Then, the evening after they left, the red light came back. The installers are currently waiting to hear back from EO.
Other points. Please also consider providing a cable hook for your tethered chargepoints.

It’s a shame the chargepoint doesn’t work. It’s a nice compact unit. hoping they can get to the bottom of the issue or provide a replacement unit so I can regain my confidence in what appears to be a great product when it works. 2 stars due to what appears to be a faulty chargepoint box.
Hi Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve experienced a hardware issue with your charger and fully appreciate the frustration this issue has caused you. Please be assured that we are currently reviewing your case and someone from our Home Install team will contact you directly to ensure the issue is resolved as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you have any questions you can contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or call 0333 77 20383.

Friendly guts, very helpful
EO have been very good with their communications and their engineers have completed the works exactly as agreed. Three days in, everything is working and the work was completed without any significant mess. I would highly recommend EO.
Very good installation done professionally and efficiently
Neat unit does all it says it would.
Really happy with the Mini Pro 2.  It’s neat and tidy and has all the functions you need, which are simple to control from the app. 5 stars!
James arrived on time, did a first class installation and was a pleasure to meet and to chat with. He was knowledgeable and answered all our questions and then helped us to register for the App. This had proved difficult at first and he said that it was not the first time that there had been problems with registering for the App, which now works well and provides all the dat we need.
I wish I could give you top marks, as this is a neat, cleanly styled and discreet little charger, but the flat fee of £645 which was agreed was inflated by another £75 on the day, even though I had paid to have a post specifically installed for the chargers to make the installer’s life as easy as possible, and had also got Octopus to install new tails and breakers and a new metre in a careful position, leaving as much room as possible for the part of the EV installation next to the fuse board.. He was a pleasant and polite man with a very large geographical patch for fittings, but he claimed that the fact that he had had to push cable through a few feet of roof space hiked the price, although he was only here for around three hours before he went on to another two jobs. He did show me the flashing light on the charger and what this meant, and got me to attach the cable to my car for a photo he needed to take. He couldn’t wait around for 5 minutes for my wife to deplete the full charge on the car , so I could properly check it was charging and was pulling away when she returned. It does charge fine thankfully, but now I have set up the EO app on my phone, (something he didn’t do with me but probably should have) each time I scan the QR code on the side of the charger, I get a message telling me that I have an invalid code, so cannot get properly set up. The installer was kind enough to take the £645 in cash I had for him, which I had said was my preference in advance, and will now be sending me an invoice reflecting this as well the demand for the additional £75, which has not as yet arrived. I just feel like there wasn’t sufficient grounds to go outside the flat fee, given the relative brevity of the visit, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me feel that I would probably go with another company for our London property later in the year. However can’t fault the box yet.
Hi Paul,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn't match your expectations and thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of installers who in most instances carry out a remote survey to determine whether the installation is standard or if any extra work is needed (for example additional CT clamps). We appreciate that the surveying process may not have been best in your instance and have flagged your feedback to our Home Install team.

Please note that our experts will also be more than happy to remotely guide you through the EO Smart Home app in order to finalise the set up of your charger - could you please contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383 so that we can get you up and running as soon as possible?

The EO Charging team
It stopped working yesterday about eight hours after it was installed, possibly due to heavy rain. After about ten attempts at resetting it (at the fuseboard) this morning, I managed to get it working again. Still waiting to see if it holds out. Not happy at all after spending hundreds of pounds and waiting three months for the installation, and the fact that EO's phone lines are not open at the weekend really doesn't help.
Hi Leigh,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced a failure with one of our chargers but are glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue over the Bank Holiday weekend.

That being said the last thing we want is to let our customer down and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in diagnosing the problem that happened in the first instance - could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

In terms of our installation process, we have passed your feedback onto our Home Install team and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers.

The EO Charging team
The experience of having an EO Charger has been a game changer changing to an electric car. I can’t stop promoting how great it is and how convenient it is having at home.
The charger itself works fine but the EOSmarthome app doesn't work at all. It tells me no EV is plugged in even though my Tesla charges perfectly well so its not a hardware issue.
I also have an issue with the paperwork side. Despite providing all of the information requested before installation to secure the grant I have been chased 7 weeks later for further paperwork to secure the grant. There was a 3 week window before the engineer visit to ensure all was in order. I have received phone calls to chase this up despite making it clear I have just been in hospital as it is now 'urgent'. I don't see how it can be 7 weeks after installation. I would expect that any paperwork issues would be picked up well before installation and covid 19 would not be used as an excuse.
Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we’re pleased your EO charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations - we’ve been experiencing a high volume of home charging installation requests and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re currently increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers and make our booking process more streamlined.

Last thing we want is to let our customers down and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving the identification problem you're experiencing with our app. Could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383 and one of our experts will contact you directly.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

EO Charging is rated 4.18 based on 125 reviews