EO Charging Reviews

Tom Taylor
EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
Very good and friendly installation team, although the booking of the slot was a little slow (not the EO team, who kept chasing, but the installers). The unit looks good, but the software install was a bit troublesome, and needed 2 attempts. It has worked well since installing, other than once when the fuse tripped when plugging the car in.
Nice looking charger. Simple to use and straightforward app. Shame it doesn’t interact with Octopus Agile, just the Go tariff.
Really pleased with the installation (Deven from ChargedEV did a great job) and the unit looks great and the app is very handy. The original messaging around what we needed was a bit frustrating - the goalposts changed a bit around the remedial work we needed before the install could take place. That aside, the communication has overall been excellent throughout and EO always tried to help with any request.
The installation of the home charger was scheduled shortly after I accepted the quotation. The installation was performed professionally.
Really nice, neat, little unit. A couple of things that would be useful would be:
1. An optional piece of curved plastic to fit over the top of the unit, to allow the cable to be hooked over it and stored when not in use.
2. Improve the app a little to include prices. The app seems to know my tariff, so could easily use costs as well as kW units.
3. Auto-email the energy use every day, to avoid the need to go and check in the app.
4. Include open charging sessions in the history. I know it's controversial, but when my car charge has finished but it's still plugged in, it's annoying it's not listed.
Thanks!
The installation of the charger unit went well and it is now in satisfactory use for manual operation. The home hub unit has relatively weak signalling and so it was not possible to connect to our router. We will need to purchase a WI-fi range extender and try to use the smart features thereafter.

The compact appearance of the unit is good.
Had problems with the solar charging which has only responded intermittently . Sometimes it still takes solely from the grid rather than the solar panels. Flagged this to EO who say it is a software issue.
Installation otherwise very good.
The charger looks great and is much faster than the standard 10A charger. The app works and although it isn't flashy it works perfectly well.
Charger is great, the app is terrible.
Lovely small box, doesn’t stand out positioned at the front of the house. Fitter was excellent and consulted at each point of the process ensuring I was happy with the work at all times. I have taken a star off for two reasons:- 1. Payment process not great - I was having to chase and find out what to do, this should be the other way around! 2. I can’t see that the control app is ‘smart’. It either doesn’t have the ability to link to OctopusGo or it’s not that obvious and needs an instruction manual! Overall very pleased with the process of signing with Octopus and their intro to EO and subsequent completion.
Morning Stuart,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we're pleased to hear that your charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations, please note that we've passed your feedback onto our Home Install team who will look into how we can make the payment process more streamlined.

Please note that our Technical & Support team will be more than happy to remotely guide you through the 'EO Smart Home' app so you can integrate 'Octopus Go' tariff and automatically power your car when electricity is cheapest - could you please contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Great service and very neat installation. Only problem was the App that you need to operate the EV charger does not list my vehicle, so not able yo use all the available features of the charger
On time. Polite. Fitted as discussed. Working. Did not introduce me to the app and user friendly options, had no experience there as usually fitting before car is delivered. However I worked it out. Have queried the hum from the MATT:E unit which seems to be correct but was not part of the intro. / briefing.
I’ve only had it two days, gis a break! Not had chance to get my head round the app, so I simply plugged it into my Zoe, and it completed the charge from 78% to 100% in just over an hour, good so far. It was when I unplugged it that the fun began, - could I get the cable to wrap round the unit? Could I heck! Why there’s not a couple of folding arms or summat on of the top or the side of the unit, I’ve no idea, so I’ve got to bodge up summat to coil my cable round now. And, and! plugging the cable into the holding socket makes it stick out much too far, so I’ve also got to see if I can relocate the socket to the bottom! Whoever has designed it certainly hasn’t used it.....
Hi George,

Sorry to hear that your experience with our charger didn’t match your expectations, we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Please note that we've passed your feedback onto our Product & Development team who will look into how we can improve our future generations of products from a design perspective. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email - feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

Best,
The EO Charging team
Installer was very good, professional, friendly and did a brilliant job
Good to have someone to talk to, generally good service but definite lack of knowledge when needing to ask the client to undertake preparation work. What work and the specification of it was unavailable and took input from an installer to unpick what was required.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we’re pleased your EO charger is up and running! That said we’re sorry to hear you were not happy with the way the installation was carried out - we’ve passed your feedback onto our Home Install team who will look into how we can make the installation process more streamlined.

Have a great evening and happy charging!
The EO Charging team
One of the first to receive the Home Smart I believe, so a few start up issues that have now been overcome. Very discreet unit working very well.
Our first review was quite negative because there were technical issues that weren't being addressed, but after the MD read the review, he did everything he could to help and sent a member of his tech team the same day to our home to sort things out. It turned out that there were two previously unknown issues which he sorted out and has kept details of them in case it happens elsewhere. So thank you for that, but is is a shame it had to go that far before we received help, but we understand that has been sorted out as well! It does seem that this technology is quite new and is constantly being developed and modified but I can't say I'm confident that it will work perfectly from now on! It's also quite a noisy unit and we are aware of it downstairs when the house is quiet.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having such a frustrating experience with your charger and that you’re yet to receive a response from our team. Please be assured that we are reviewing your case immediately and one of our team will contact you directly.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to ensure your charger is up and running as soon as possible.

Many thanks,
The EO Charging team
The fitting and the equipment appear first class but my dislikes are
1. EO pushed us towards an anonymous installing company based in Yorkshire who showed no interest in making a site visit. Luckily we went back and were given the details of a very local fitter who took great pains to do exactly as we wanted. It was well worth paying a little more.
2. We had expected the app to control the charger to be simpler to use - we have not found JuiceNet the easiest to master. if there is another app it might be easier for those of us "of a certain age" - which I think is a lot of EV owners.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the installation provider we first recommended. In most instances, we refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who cover the UK. We appreciate that this option may not have been best in your instance but are glad to hear that your locally installer was able to support.

In terms of our app, I have passed your feedback onto our product & development team who will look into how we can make it easier to use for customers. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email - please contact support@eocharging.com.

Have a great weekend and happy charging!

Miles
EO Charging
So far the product has worked as expected without any issues. Instalation was trouble free. Haven't been using it more than a couple of months, so can't speak on reliability, but no reasons to worry otherwise.
Booking was a bit difficult. I tried to book for a specific day more than 2 weeks in advance but was told I couldn’t book that far in advance. When I called back less than 2 weeks in advance, no slots were available!

Once booked, the booking app sent me a reminder and email 24 hours before a different date causing a mild panic to rearrange things to accommodate. It turned out to be an error.

After all that, the actual installation was great. Installers were helpful, friendly and did a great job. So a happy ending.
EO Charging is rated 4.13 based on 167 reviews