EO Charging Reviews

EO Charging 5 star review on 22nd October 2020
Valerie Oswick
EO Charging 5 star review on 23rd August 2019
Charlie Whittaker
Does a good job of basic charging with timer but the app has limited functions and I can't see any way to link smart features like IFTTT
The mini pro 2 is very easy to use but the app that goes with it could be improved quite a lot to add detail and logging. It would be very useful to know what the plans are for the app and when new features can be expected.
Hi Nicky,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - we’re really pleased your EO charger is up and running! ⚡️

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations. We're currently working in the background on a big update to our app which will feature a host of new options and we will do our best to keep all customers updated.

Unfortunately we can't unveil a specific release date for the new app just yet but we'd highly recommend you keep your eyes peeled on your app store at the end of March.

Best,
The EO Charging team
Compact unit (EO Mini Pro) and clean install. However, it’s still not working. Hopefully can be sorted quickly but frustrating it wasn’t working immediately and requires another engineer visit
As I expected the charger is compact and smart in more ways than one!
In fact given my home electricity setup I did not require the load balancing feature so saved some money.
As mine is a tethered one it really does require a separate hook for the able/plug otherwise when plugged i to the charger it does become a very large bulky view which was not my requirement.

Charging itself is great and I get even 8kwh as the app reports.

The app is a little limited imo. Many aspects are manual like SOC and actual charge % or miles limit per charge rather than time.
The charger itself works well, although I did have an issue when I used the lock function where I then had to power cycle it to get it going again. Not sure that the data in EO App wrt to solar generation and site usage is very accurate.
charging point is great and looks small and neat. But the app needs to be improved to be more intuitive, or have a tutorial available to navigate the options.
Install was done really well but it would have helped if they had assisted with App install and setup to avoid needing to call support.
He is not look 1off the thinks
Really like the subdued unobtrusive presence. That means a separate charging cable though, which needs to be handled and stored. And we have had a couple of instances when the EO Hub has lost connection with the internet. But mostly it's stable and works well.
Excellent fitting service/engineer.
An amazing wall unit both in style and function.
Disappointed that not securing connection to app is still an issue!
All in all first class - have recommended to friends and family.
JFH
The fitting of the charger was excellent, disappointed that our tethered unit does not come with any way of coiling the lead away tidily, for the amount of money spent on the unit surely a simple hook system would tidy the unit up and make a more professional finish to it,
Our car has yet to come so we have not used the unit yet,
Good communication. Effective install. Thank you
Charger works well, however, most features of the app not functional.
Installation was neat and efficient. Overall very happy with the charger and installation.
My only disappointment is the universal socket does not lock the lead in place.
EO Charging itself is a great company with good customer service; however, it subcontracts installation to companies that are not so reliable. We had 4 appts for installation, 3 were cancelled without notification or explanation. It took a lot of communications to get the equipment installed. Since then, the charger is working, and the app is ok at the moment – is does say it's drawing from the solar panels, but we'll see what happens when we go on the nighttime tariff.
The system itself is easy to use as long as you don’t use the app. It’s useless. At the moment my system is charging at a max of 5kwh not 7kwh so keeping an eye on it
With a long cable, and the position on the charger it may not be possible to secure the connector to the charger. More options for cable management would be needed.
The mini pro was installed when I was away and initially couldn’t connect. Problem was resolved but getting through to support team was borderline impossible.
The charging point and the wires were installed very neatly
The installer was friendly and professional and did a good job. The charger itself looks a good quality item, works well and is simple to operate. The only let down is the EO Charging App, which seems to have a few issues. It doesn't always report the percentage charge accurately and it seems to interfere with my home wifi network, causing my phone to resort to 4G when charging and until the app is manually stopped.
Excellent installation. Day was agreed well in advance and kept to. Two very pleasant gentlemen arrived promptly and were very efficient. Initial test revealed an issue which they worked through quickly and without extra charge for their time. They were helpful and patient with their instructions to download the app.
EO Charging is rated 4.27 based on 279 reviews