EO Charging Reviews

EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
Hi there,

Installer needs to return to help set up the app. So the charger is working fine but no smart controls via the app at the moment hence this score. EO support team me they are working to resolve

Support ticket in flight apparently

Thanks
Mark
Cable storage is difficult
The app will not let me join with your hub
The unit itself is neat and seems to be working well
I phoned about the app and the wait to have my query answered was very long and my email has still not been answered
so I have some reservations
Hi cannot give reviews as charger still not fitted
Hi Stuart, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Sorry to hear there has been an issue with your charger the day of the install. Please note that we've flagged your feedback to our Home Install team who have confirmed it's been all resolved - we're happy to report your charger is now all up and running. 👊🏻

If you were to have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to drop us a note directly on support@eocharging.com, one of our experts will be happy to help. ⚡️

Happy charging!

The EO Charging team
Most importantly, the EO charger charges my new EV. No problems there. The associated smart app is dire. It's poorly documented and explained, so a learning journey. It sporadically doesn't recognise when it's plugged in. Data is inaccurate. The history function misses events. Buttons don't function. Thankfully my EV and its app do work with the charge point, but an app improvement would be great. Unfortunately, chargers aren't the sort of product you get to try in advance (or change).
Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn’t match your expectations, we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

That said the last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383? One of our experts will contact you directly to ensure these issues are resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks,
The EO Charging team
Although I'd researched home chargers, I thought eo had native octopus agile or Go integration. While the app lets me set off peak hours, it wasn't as intuitive and able to read the charging state as I thought.
The fitting was a little painful due to the length of time and repeated failures to register the QR codes in the app, where the filter was unsure. In the end, I worked out that I had the eo app, rather than the eo smart home app and that the order of QR code registration was hub, then charger. Fitter inexperience is fine, as everyone has to learn and gain experience. He had to spend a lot of time on the phone with eo.
The associated documentation and how to videos are surprising lacking for the app, and the app reviews are on the store are poor.
Hi John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we're sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn't match your expectations.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the app set up process may not have been best in your instance and have passed your feedback to our Home Install team who will look into how we can make this step more streamlined. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

Please note that we would be happy to arrange a technical session with one our experts to run you through the EO Smart Home app - we're keen to ensure you're getting the most out of your charging sessions.

The EO Charging team
I've had the EO Smart home Charger installed almost 6 weeks after the order was placed and after 3 cancelled appointments.
The charger is neat, unobtrusive and modern looking which is one of the reasons for coosing this particular charger.

I decided to have the EO Smart home Charger installed since it's advertised as intergrates with solar panels which I already have.
What I didn't realise was that an extra CT clamp is needed (£60 extra) and extra labour to connect it up (£100 extra) making it more expensive than I was expecting.
Had I known of the extra charges beforehand I may have chosen an alternative charger, probably the Zappi charger, instead.

The app is easy enough to use but was difficult to set up - I had to scan a QR code on the bottom of the EO hub which had a cable going over it that was too tight to move.
In use I'd have thought that the Charging cable would lock into the charge unit as it does on the car but it doesn't. Unfortunatly this means that it can be removed by anyone.

The EO Hub and Matt:e were installed inside the house and one of them (The Matt:e I think) makes a constant buzzing noise which is very irritating. It's the same noise as you would hear near an electric sub station.

When charging on solar the minimum charge that can be passed to the car is 6 Amps (about 1.3kWh) - If the solar is less than this it's topped up with grid electricity.
I was hoping that I could set it to less than 6 Amps or for it not charge at all if it was below this level.
Only one period of off-peak electricity can be set which, for me, is unsatisfactory as I'm on Octopus Agile which gives 48 rates - one for each half hour period.
Good afternoon Ian,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with our charger didn't match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
All appears good with the charger, compact size is great.

Bought through the Octopus Energy EV programme, which claims the EO Smart Home Mini offers solar charging. The charger as installed does not offer this however - two additional CT's are required plus installation labour. It would be helpful if it was made clear at the outset.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we’re pleased your EO charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations - we’ve passed your feedback onto our Home Install team who will look into how we can make the installation process more streamlined.

The EO Charging team
Delay in finally fitting the device. Damage to the exterior brick wall of the house whilst the fitter drilled through it. Has left a visible defect.
Hi Fiona,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with the installation of your charger didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the way the installation was carried out may not have been best in your instance and have flagged your feedback to our Home Install team.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please contact us immediately on install@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
I have nothing but praise for Mike the installer who finally fitted my charger. Neatly done, adaptable to location needs and existing wiring, and very friendly to boot.

The charger itself is fit for the intended purpose, though where I thought I was originally ordering the EO Mini charger I’ve ended up with the EO Smart charger which has functionality that is of no use to me at extra cost - that change resulted in one star loss here.

The main star loss was the mess originating from coming in via the Octopus EV referral route, then compounded by EO processes breaking during lockdown, meaning that the order placed in mid-march wasn’t actioned until early July, and fitting wasn’t done till mid-July.

Octopus have to take some blame for misadvertising what their “deal” covered (see the mini-vs-smart charger point), as in their setup, the OHME cable bought back in Feb via Octopus handled the smart aspects of the charging cycle, and just required a basic power supply.

EO tell me that Octopus were displaying incorrect information when I was doing the research that led to this order placement back in January, but that didn’t come to light until my chasing the order back in June, by which point it was too late to change because we would have missed the OLEV grant cut off and cost us even more money.

Once EO did get on top of the delayed order, things progressed fairly well, so if that’s normal for what should happen when a regular order is placed with them, then I would say that is a general positive.
Hi Carl,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

In what was an unusual and challenging time and in line with government guidance on the Covid-19 outbreak, we had to pause all home charging installations from March to June to protect both our network of installers and customers.

That said the last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - we value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email on how we can make our booking process with Octopus more streamlined, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
It works as a charger but I'm not sure why its worth another £300 than another brand.The app is ok but basic
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad that your charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn't match your expectations. Please note that we're currently working on developing an updated version of the EO Smart Home app and will be providing an update to all customers over the coming weeks.

If you think a specific feature needs improvement don't hesitate to drop us a note at hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
The hardware is 5 stars, very neat and discreet and works well. The installation was also excellent and can’t fault the process at all. The App is useless and doesn’t even merit 1 star. It tells me if I’m charging and that is it. None of the “smart” features have ever worked and judging by other reviews of the App nobody else seems to be able to get them to work either.
Good morning Alan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we’re really pleased that your charger is up and running!

Sorry to hear that your experience with our app didn't match your expectations. Last thing we want is to let our customers down and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues.

Could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly to ensure you're getting the most from your charging sessions.

The EO Charging team
Charges efficiently, but cannot communicate with my Gigaclear router. Not sure why. Ended up running an ethernet cable to it.
Hi Alick,

Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear you're experiencing connectivity issues with your charger. We recommend first to double-check the configuration of your router and change the settings if needed (e.g. selecting a different WiFi channel) - to do so, please refer to Gigaclear's support centre that you can find here > https://www.gigaclear.com/help/gigaclear-powered-by-linksys-router.

If this does not resolve the matter then please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
Would have given 5 stars if they had managed to send the correct coloured unit as per my order!
Hi Helen,

We’re sorry to hear there has been an error with the colour of your charger, we are currently looking into the issue and someone from our Home Install team will get in touch shortly.

In the meantime, happy charging! ⚡️
The EO Charging team
While the actual instillation went very well, actually setting it up on the app was a bit of a challenge. Also in the current situation I think you need to consider emailing instructions and setting up the app prior to the appointment. Trying to get close enough to hand over documents and QR codes isn’t. social distancing and I think the installer needs to realise the importance of keeping his distance.
Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the way your installation has been carried out. In what is an unusual and challenging time, we refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of installers who follow robust safety measures (including social distancing) during installation.

We appreciate that the app set up process may not have been best in your instance and have passed your feedback to our Home Install team who will look into how we can make this step safer for both customers and installers. We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Might be an idea to wait for the process to complete before chasing for feedback.
The app. needs A LOT of work, but looking at the feedback, you know that.
Good morning Stuart,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, sorry to hear that you've been contacted for your feedback a bit earlier than scheduled.

We've indeed taken all customer feedback on board and are working on developing an updated version of the EO Smart Home app - we will be providing an update to all customers over the coming weeks.

That said, if you think a specific feature needs improvement, don't hesitate to drop us a note at hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Interesting to hear from another customer that their unit failed after a year. I have had exactly the same issue at just over a year. The unit (when working) is great. I have the 7.2kWh model which charges my VW GTE PHEV in a couple of hours. However it has recently developed an intermittent fault which is increasing its unreliability. Customer service seem to be responsive enough, as my installer has confirmed they will be replacing the unit, but unless they have made any recent design improvements, I fear another failure in the future. Not great if you own a purely electric vehicle...
Hi Daniel, we’re sorry to hear that you experienced a failure with one of our chargers. We have been extensively testing our chargers with a Golf GTE over the weekend to prevent further charging issues in the future.

If you face any problems in the future then please do contact our support team on support@eocharging.com
EO Charging is rated 4.13 based on 167 reviews