EO Charging Reviews

Tom Taylor
EO Charging 5 star review on 4th June 2019
Don Morton
EO Charging 4 star review on 18th April 2019
I wish I could give you top marks, as this is a neat, cleanly styled and discreet little charger, but the flat fee of £645 which was agreed was inflated by another £75 on the day, even though I had paid to have a post specifically installed for the chargers to make the installer’s life as easy as possible, and had also got Octopus to install new tails and breakers and a new metre in a careful position, leaving as much room as possible for the part of the EV installation next to the fuse board.. He was a pleasant and polite man with a very large geographical patch for fittings, but he claimed that the fact that he had had to push cable through a few feet of roof space hiked the price, although he was only here for around three hours before he went on to another two jobs. He did show me the flashing light on the charger and what this meant, and got me to attach the cable to my car for a photo he needed to take. He couldn’t wait around for 5 minutes for my wife to deplete the full charge on the car , so I could properly check it was charging and was pulling away when she returned. It does charge fine thankfully, but now I have set up the EO app on my phone, (something he didn’t do with me but probably should have) each time I scan the QR code on the side of the charger, I get a message telling me that I have an invalid code, so cannot get properly set up. The installer was kind enough to take the £645 in cash I had for him, which I had said was my preference in advance, and will now be sending me an invoice reflecting this as well the demand for the additional £75, which has not as yet arrived. I just feel like there wasn’t sufficient grounds to go outside the flat fee, given the relative brevity of the visit, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth, and made me feel that I would probably go with another company for our London property later in the year. However can’t fault the box yet.
Hi Paul,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn't match your expectations and thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of installers who in most instances carry out a remote survey to determine whether the installation is standard or if any extra work is needed (for example additional CT clamps). We appreciate that the surveying process may not have been best in your instance and have flagged your feedback to our Home Install team.

Please note that our experts will also be more than happy to remotely guide you through the EO Smart Home app in order to finalise the set up of your charger - could you please contact us directly on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383 so that we can get you up and running as soon as possible?

The EO Charging team
It stopped working yesterday about eight hours after it was installed, possibly due to heavy rain. After about ten attempts at resetting it (at the fuseboard) this morning, I managed to get it working again. Still waiting to see if it holds out. Not happy at all after spending hundreds of pounds and waiting three months for the installation, and the fact that EO's phone lines are not open at the weekend really doesn't help.
Hi Leigh,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced a failure with one of our chargers but are glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue over the Bank Holiday weekend.

That being said the last thing we want is to let our customer down and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in diagnosing the problem that happened in the first instance - could you please drop us a note at support@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

In terms of our installation process, we have passed your feedback onto our Home Install team and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers.

The EO Charging team
The experience of having an EO Charger has been a game changer changing to an electric car. I can’t stop promoting how great it is and how convenient it is having at home.
The charger itself works fine but the EOSmarthome app doesn't work at all. It tells me no EV is plugged in even though my Tesla charges perfectly well so its not a hardware issue.
I also have an issue with the paperwork side. Despite providing all of the information requested before installation to secure the grant I have been chased 7 weeks later for further paperwork to secure the grant. There was a 3 week window before the engineer visit to ensure all was in order. I have received phone calls to chase this up despite making it clear I have just been in hospital as it is now 'urgent'. I don't see how it can be 7 weeks after installation. I would expect that any paperwork issues would be picked up well before installation and covid 19 would not be used as an excuse.
Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we’re pleased your EO charger is up and running!

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations - we’ve been experiencing a high volume of home charging installation requests and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re currently increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers and make our booking process more streamlined.

Last thing we want is to let our customers down and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving the identification problem you're experiencing with our app. Could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383 and one of our experts will contact you directly.

The EO Charging team
I've had the EO Smart home Charger installed almost 6 weeks after the order was placed and after 3 cancelled appointments.
The charger is neat, unobtrusive and modern looking which is one of the reasons for coosing this particular charger.

I decided to have the EO Smart home Charger installed since it's advertised as intergrates with solar panels which I already have.
What I didn't realise was that an extra CT clamp is needed (£60 extra) and extra labour to connect it up (£100 extra) making it more expensive than I was expecting.
Had I known of the extra charges beforehand I may have chosen an alternative charger, probably the Zappi charger, instead.

The app is easy enough to use but was difficult to set up - I had to scan a QR code on the bottom of the EO hub which had a cable going over it that was too tight to move.
In use I'd have thought that the Charging cable would lock into the charge unit as it does on the car but it doesn't. Unfortunatly this means that it can be removed by anyone.

The EO Hub and Matt:e were installed inside the house and one of them (The Matt:e I think) makes a constant buzzing noise which is very irritating. It's the same noise as you would hear near an electric sub station.

When charging on solar the minimum charge that can be passed to the car is 6 Amps (about 1.3kWh) - If the solar is less than this it's topped up with grid electricity.
I was hoping that I could set it to less than 6 Amps or for it not charge at all if it was below this level.
Only one period of off-peak electricity can be set which, for me, is unsatisfactory as I'm on Octopus Agile which gives 48 rates - one for each half hour period.
Good afternoon Ian,

We're sorry to hear that your experience with our charger didn't match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please contact us immediately on support@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

The EO Charging team
Took longer to instal than the guys originally thought but they did a great job and I’m very happy.
The app Juice net lets this charger down. It is very unreliable and when schedule charging overnight the app says that it is 'waiting to charge' and in the morning the car hadn't charged at all. Not good when you need a full charge to get to work and back! Need to use car scheduling instead, which is more reliable. Regret having this charger and it has made me nervous about having an electric car now. Have sent EO Support a message but no response received. My partner has and ohme charger which is 100% reliable.
Good afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback.

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having such a frustrating experience with our app and that you are yet to receive a response from our team.

Customer feedback and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we are keen to resolve these issues as soon as possible - could you please drop us a note at hello@eocharging.com with your contact details and one of our experts will contact you directly.

The EO Charging team
Charger works great. Installation process went smooth. The app that you use to control charging is easy to understand. Happy with the product.
All appears good with the charger, compact size is great.

Bought through the Octopus Energy EV programme, which claims the EO Smart Home Mini offers solar charging. The charger as installed does not offer this however - two additional CT's are required plus installation labour. It would be helpful if it was made clear at the outset.
Hi Chris,

That said we're sorry to hear that your experience with our booking process didn't match your expectations - we’ve passed your feedback onto our Home Install team who will look into how we can make the installation process more streamlined.

We value all feedback and would gladly receive your thoughts via email, feel free to contact us on hello@eocharging.com.

The EO Charging team
Delay in finally fitting the device. Damage to the exterior brick wall of the house whilst the fitter drilled through it. Has left a visible defect.
Hi Fiona,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with the installation of your charger didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the way the installation was carried out may not have been best in your instance and have flagged your feedback to our Home Install team.

Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us and we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you in resolving these issues. Could you please contact us immediately on install@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

A great EO home charger install. A BIG THANK to Joe the installer & EO
Uninformed staff, potentially unsafe installation, several errors made, no contact from EO after Octopus washed their hands of the matter. Other than that, yeah great! Very unhappy charger, Charlie! Lindsay Porter, Member of the Guild of Motoring Writers.
PS I'll just pop this on Trust Pilot so others can know...
Hi Lindsay,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with our installation process didn’t match your expectations and we thoroughly appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review.

We refer our home charging installs to a carefully selected number of nationwide installers who have been thoroughly trained to install our charging products. We appreciate that the way the installation was carried out may not have been best in your instance and fully understand the frustration this situation has caused you.

The EO Charging team
Really accommodating installer who arranged the layout of our unit and the cabling, exactly as requested.
Returned the day after initial install to complete the job in the evening.
Everything works well. Dion, the installer was helpful and knowledge and did a great job. Thanks
Excellent service and work by the electrician who came to install the charger.
Friendly and informative. Made the whole process very effortless.
The two fitters were first class and extremely helpful. Nice product and good installation.
The charger looks great and is much faster than the standard 10A charger. The app works and although it isn't flashy it works perfectly well.
Charger is great, the app is terrible.
The charger is fine. Your customer service manager is great. But my installation was, in her words, an “ordeal”. There seems to be a weakness in your processes for managing your contractors, and I get the impression that the company is understaffed.
Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, we’re really pleased to hear you’re happy with your EO charger.

We’re currently experiencing a high volume of home charging installation requests and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please be assured that we’re increasing our resources in order to remove any future delay for customers.

The last thing we want is to let our customers down and fully appreciate the frustration this situation has caused you - we value all feedback and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to get direct feedback on our booking process - could you please contact us on hello@eocharging.com or 0333 77 20383.

We look forward to hearing from you.

EO Charging is rated 4.14 based on 169 reviews