Eggshell Reviews

01903756133

customerservice@eggshellonline.co.uk

Claudia
Unverified Reviewer

Arrived on the day arranged, 10 am so did not have to hang around all day....happy with the coop we put it together in one and a half hours. There was a bracket missing which I am sure we can get round that. Good value for money from a honest company.
Peter Webster
Verified Reviewer

My coop was easy to order and it was delivered very quickly, however it would have been nice to receive some word from the company to say that the item had been dispatched, when it was delivered I had gone out, I was expecting to receive an e-mail confirming dispatch and giving some idea on delivery time.
The coop itself was all in the package, no missing or broken bits. (I did expect some breakage due to the state of the packaging) The coop was easy to assemble even though the instructions were a bit sketchy, I had it built within an hour. The build is good and the coop looks very smart, the quality is good but slightly less than I had expected, I will have to make a few adjustments here and there to make the coop a little more sturdy.
It would have been nice to get some ideas from the seller as to treatment of the timber, and how it might be possible to give it a longer life expectancy. I get the feeling that once you have bought your item then that is it, you are on your own from then onward.
Jan Devon
Unverified Reviewer

Arrived promptly easy to put together sturdy all parts fitted ideal for my ferrets will be ordering more having seen the quality of this one.I have placed an order for another model really happy
Jan Devon

Susan Hitchings
Verified Reviewer

I bought the Windsor xxl 8ft mobile chicken coop and run. It arrived quickly, but I must say that we never received email notification of delivery (so we might have been out!) All was ok and hubby erected the coop and run relatively easily within about 2-3 hours. Liked the spare screws! The instructions were ok but not brilliant. He decided to treat all the wood surfaces before putting it into use...fiddly but we thought wise.
The problems started when we first tried to wheel it on a grass surface. It became clear that the coop and run would only move easily on dead flat ground with very short grass...like a bowling green...but who keeps chickens on a bowling green!
Once in situ it looked good and were were initially quite happy. Our site is flat with short grass but it's not a bowling green and a few days later when we wanted to move the coop, it again proved to be difficult. My hubby made some wooden rails on which to run the coop wheels without dragging. Despite being relatively well connected, the coop and run sections flex when moved to a new position. This has caused problems with the closing of the run gate. Hubby has therefore braced the whole structure around its base to ensure rigidity and more bracing is planned. We suspect that without all this extra bracing the run and coop would not last for long.
We have had a mobile coop on a rough field for many years and it has lasted well. We did not expect this coop to be as robust but we did expect it to be fit for purpose (mobile) on flat ground and in our opinion it isn't.
Verified Buyer

This coop is really good the wood is sturdy and the all the hinges are very strong. The only bad thing was that one part was broken in the box. Easy to assemble in the evening.
Jonathan
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with my coop. All the bits and pieces were there to make it. Fairly straightforward to assemble in an evening and the finished product looks great. Well constructed and stylish. Only slight downside is the portable bar to lift the coop and wheel fitting timber is a different type and colour of Timber to the main coop but a minor issue. Looking forward to getting the chickens in to their new home.
We are sorry and will contact the carrier immediately and tell them to leave safe
Janet
Verified Buyer

Its well made, easy to put together although I don't know why we have 'J' fitting. However, I am a bit disappointed about how small it is, I though it would be big enough to walk in from the picture so finding that the gate is only about 12" wide was a disappointment. Only 1/2 put together so far but chicks are arriving on Sunday. Okay as a starter coop and run.
Eileen Nolan
Verified Buyer

Bought a Gertrude coop to replace an old smaller coop. Currently only have 3 hybrids but more on the way. The Gertrude is a lovely looking coop and easy to assemble. 2 problems however. Couldn't get the roof to close and had to move the hinges on one side slightly. Not a major problem. The problem I do have is with the nest boxes which are tiny compared to my old small coop. My girls tried to use them without success and I even removed the dividers. The nest box is several inches higher than the floor of the coop, and a few broken eggs later, my girls refuse to use them altogether. They are now laying on the floor of the coop. The nest boxes are only really big enough for bantams.
Verified Buyer

Just want to say a very big thanks u to the team of egg shell online website for my xxl chicken coop 8ft with water proof Cover it was hard to place my order on Internet but when I phoned they were more than happy to help and take me through all the steps I pay for next day delivery and it was on time with everything there and boxed very well made no problem at all thanks again very much appreciated .
Antony Gilbert
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with product. Now setup and looks sturdy and well built. Our hinges had slightly rough edge on the slide guides so are razor sharp if you catch fingers on them - doesn't detract from product though and easily filed. Still awaiting confirmation of delivery email(!) but rang to check delivery date/time - everything was delivered when promised over phone. Would reccomend
Andrew Jackson
Verified Buyer

Really fast and efficient delivery of product. The chicken coop is ace, easy to put together and the chickens are at home now in there. Very secure at night, just waiting for the eggs now.
DAMON KNIGHT
Verified Buyer

Some snags with the website but rectified by phone. No confirmation of purchase or of dispatch received until after it was delivered. Coop arrived as promised by Courier who helped take it into the garden. Assembly straightforward although the instructions were very small and difficult to read in places. All parts present with spares except for two washers on the wheels kit, easily replaced.
Lynn M McKay
Verified Buyer

Good wee starter hen house . Easy to build up and screwed together really easily. Would recommend for beginners.
Lucy Hobbs
Verified Buyer

Really pleased with the Roger Rabbit Hutch with Cover! Better than expected and the delivery was fast. Only a concern, nothing bad - I had no order confirmation send through to my email nor a dispatch notification which I was told I was supposed to have received. This was not a major problem as the communication was fab when I requested information about my order. Will definitely recommend and use eggshell online again! Very happy:)
Kathryn Brookfield
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with how my order was dealt with and with the quality of the item
Helen Wilkins
Verified Buyer

This run was ok but was very difficult to put together. Took 3 of us to do 1 which was my dad who Is a machanic as we had to grind down several pieces of metal as they wouldn't fit. Would buy again as we have the tools to put together but wouldn't recommend to anyone else I'm affraid
L White
Verified Buyer

Product arrived promptly. There were one or two small bits damaged. I emailed with photos of damaged parts and received a phone call to confirm problem. New parts dispatched promptly and now fitted. Good product hopefully chickens will love it.
Rachel Vanhegan
Verified Buyer

Fast delivery with a call before to arrange details. Good quality and easy to assemble. 3 chickens have now been in for 5 days and are happily laying eggs. All good and would definitely recommend.
Andrew Thompson
Verified Buyer

Good product does as advertised
Eggshell is rated 4.50 based on 541 reviews