Eggshell Reviews

88% of reviewers recommend Eggshell

01903756133

customerservice@eggshellonline.co.uk

How would you rate Eggshell ?

Nathan
Unverified Reviewer

"Overall, this is a pretty great coop. The wood is sturdy enough for purpose and it was shockingly easy to put together - for the most part - and the parts that were not easy to assemble were due to the fact that whoever originally attached the hinges merely guessed at their actual positions. Each hinge had to be removed, aligned, new pilot holes drilled (to prevent the wood from splitting) and reattached. This proved tedious and added about fifteen minutes to the assembly process. I didn't mind so much when the layer's box roof needed realigning, but when the actual roof failed to sit plumb to the other roof, it was fairly annoying. However, I'm pretty awesome and know how to build stuff and so it all went smoothly and I now have a coop that I'm confident will last for at least five years - especially if I continue to treat the wood as I did prior to assembly this time. The size is ideal for a larger holding of birds and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome - especially when value for money is considered.
Verified Reviewer

Bought the 4ft 2 tier hutch for my 2 Guinnea pigs , arrived really quickly but quite difficult to assemble and I think it's because it's poorly made, not really that bothered as I'm not living in it but still., for the price it's not good, the wood is split in places and the hatch door doesnt meet the contact therefore the two floors have to remain accessible at all times ... Again not a big deal.Also the idea that you can just slide the tray out doesn't work l... Well it does if you have nothing in it , but you have to remove all the hay/ poo / bedding before sliding it out as it just gets stuck .Therefore I have bought some packing paper and gonna do it the old fashioned way and open the lid and pull up the paper ... The hutch isn't treated or of it has been , not very well , I've bought a cover for it to try to protect it in the rain... On the plus side , it looks lovely and the metal is solid and I feel very confident that a cat/ fix or dog wouldn't have much luck getting in it
Verified Reviewer

Such a lovely company to deal with and excellent products too
There
Verified Buyer

product ok delivery next day did not happen
Damo

extravagant shipping costs even when spending well over £100
courier geography incorrect, Aberdeenshire is not Highlands or Islands!
Please cotact us on 01903 756 133 for a better quote
Unverified Reviewer

We bought a replacement waterproof cover for our chicken run, It arrived next day, the service was exceptional. Thank you
Alexandra
Verified Reviewer

Eggshell is amazing. We've had our Gertrude coop for about a month and a half and our ladies love it. It's good quality and easy to get in and out of to clean and collect eggs. And the customer service is great, too. We had an issue with a roof panel and they replaced it with next day delivery. I can't say enough good things! But I definitely recommend them highly if you're looking for a quality afffordable house for your hens from a great company!
Laura Stanton
Unverified Reviewer

We purchased a rabbit hutch from Eggshell and its been great. The hutch is well made. Great customer service.
Nadja
Unverified Reviewer

Amazing service and an absolutely wonderful coop. I adopted two beautiful chicks, Frieda and Yuki who will love their new beautiful and safe home. I would recommend this website to anyone blessed enough to adopt chickens. Thank you so much.
Beverley Clarke
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered the walk in chicken run, arrived next day delivery everything was there no missing parts and no damage. Was easy to fit up and very secure for my girls. I ordered item on phone line as wanted to make sure I was getting next day delivery which I did. Customer service very helpful and polite. Cage is good quality and I will be recommending to all my chicken friends. Thank you so much.
Claudia
Unverified Reviewer

Arrived on the day arranged, 10 am so did not have to hang around all day....happy with the coop we put it together in one and a half hours. There was a bracket missing which I am sure we can get round that. Good value for money from a honest company.
Peter Webster
Verified Reviewer

My coop was easy to order and it was delivered very quickly, however it would have been nice to receive some word from the company to say that the item had been dispatched, when it was delivered I had gone out, I was expecting to receive an e-mail confirming dispatch and giving some idea on delivery time.
The coop itself was all in the package, no missing or broken bits. (I did expect some breakage due to the state of the packaging) The coop was easy to assemble even though the instructions were a bit sketchy, I had it built within an hour. The build is good and the coop looks very smart, the quality is good but slightly less than I had expected, I will have to make a few adjustments here and there to make the coop a little more sturdy.
It would have been nice to get some ideas from the seller as to treatment of the timber, and how it might be possible to give it a longer life expectancy. I get the feeling that once you have bought your item then that is it, you are on your own from then onward.
Jan Devon
Unverified Reviewer

Arrived promptly easy to put together sturdy all parts fitted ideal for my ferrets will be ordering more having seen the quality of this one.I have placed an order for another model really happy
Jan Devon

Susan Hitchings
Verified Reviewer

I bought the Windsor xxl 8ft mobile chicken coop and run. It arrived quickly, but I must say that we never received email notification of delivery (so we might have been out!) All was ok and hubby erected the coop and run relatively easily within about 2-3 hours. Liked the spare screws! The instructions were ok but not brilliant. He decided to treat all the wood surfaces before putting it into use...fiddly but we thought wise.
The problems started when we first tried to wheel it on a grass surface. It became clear that the coop and run would only move easily on dead flat ground with very short grass...like a bowling green...but who keeps chickens on a bowling green!
Once in situ it looked good and were were initially quite happy. Our site is flat with short grass but it's not a bowling green and a few days later when we wanted to move the coop, it again proved to be difficult. My hubby made some wooden rails on which to run the coop wheels without dragging. Despite being relatively well connected, the coop and run sections flex when moved to a new position. This has caused problems with the closing of the run gate. Hubby has therefore braced the whole structure around its base to ensure rigidity and more bracing is planned. We suspect that without all this extra bracing the run and coop would not last for long.
We have had a mobile coop on a rough field for many years and it has lasted well. We did not expect this coop to be as robust but we did expect it to be fit for purpose (mobile) on flat ground and in our opinion it isn't.
Verified Buyer

This coop is really good the wood is sturdy and the all the hinges are very strong. The only bad thing was that one part was broken in the box. Easy to assemble in the evening.
Jonathan
Verified Buyer

Very pleased with my coop. All the bits and pieces were there to make it. Fairly straightforward to assemble in an evening and the finished product looks great. Well constructed and stylish. Only slight downside is the portable bar to lift the coop and wheel fitting timber is a different type and colour of Timber to the main coop but a minor issue. Looking forward to getting the chickens in to their new home.
We are sorry and will contact the carrier immediately and tell them to leave safe
Janet
Verified Buyer

Its well made, easy to put together although I don't know why we have 'J' fitting. However, I am a bit disappointed about how small it is, I though it would be big enough to walk in from the picture so finding that the gate is only about 12" wide was a disappointment. Only 1/2 put together so far but chicks are arriving on Sunday. Okay as a starter coop and run.
Eileen Nolan
Verified Buyer

Bought a Gertrude coop to replace an old smaller coop. Currently only have 3 hybrids but more on the way. The Gertrude is a lovely looking coop and easy to assemble. 2 problems however. Couldn't get the roof to close and had to move the hinges on one side slightly. Not a major problem. The problem I do have is with the nest boxes which are tiny compared to my old small coop. My girls tried to use them without success and I even removed the dividers. The nest box is several inches higher than the floor of the coop, and a few broken eggs later, my girls refuse to use them altogether. They are now laying on the floor of the coop. The nest boxes are only really big enough for bantams.
Verified Buyer

Just want to say a very big thanks u to the team of egg shell online website for my xxl chicken coop 8ft with water proof Cover it was hard to place my order on Internet but when I phoned they were more than happy to help and take me through all the steps I pay for next day delivery and it was on time with everything there and boxed very well made no problem at all thanks again very much appreciated .
Eggshell is rated 4.49 based on 551 reviews