Eggshell Reviews

84% of reviewers recommend Eggshell

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy

"I purchased the Nelly with extra boxes and run and the automatic door opener in May this year. Since purchase this been a total disaster. The wiring dropped out of the chicken run (lost five chickens) The replacement part was sent (it was the wrong size). The chicken door automated opener worked well for around six weeks and then stopped. This was sent back to the company (chicken guard) at my cost and returned supposedly fixed. It lasted one week. There is no help or accountability. Since then the chicken guard hut (whilst in a sheltered position) has started to break. It has been a complete waste of over £600, whilst the reviews look positive and delivery of the original hut was prompt I cannot believe that there are not more appalling comments on line."
"Delivery was quick and efficient. The coop and run (although not fully assembled yet) are made with good quality fittings. So far very pleased with this and I'm sure my bantam silkies will love their new home."
"Delivery was very quick and efficient. The quality of wood was not good as it was quite flimsy. The screw-holes on the wheel blocks were in the wrong place, so we had to drill some more, but it was confusing. The instruction sheet was difficult to find in the midst of all the packing. The wheels are a great help for moving it and the chickens are very happy!"
"I would of given this a 5 but the instructions are not brilliant. They need to be bigger and easier to read. I was left with 6 pieces of wood that I had no idea where they went but the cage is standing up😃"
"Nice product, well made with fast delivery even to the Outer Hebrides! Friendly helpful staff too. Many thanks"
"Not received coop as yet so cannot review it. Confusion around delivery time , lack of communication and not told before purchase to register as otherwise unable to track parcel. Received a text to say delivery imminent after it had been delivered so missed it. Have yet to receive it."
"Quick delivery excellent product bargain!"
"Easy to assemble.good value for the money.rabbits happy."
"We ordered a 3m x 6m walk-in chicken run. Which arrived within 2 days. Impressive as we live in Scotland. Upon assembly 1 part was missing. Contacted Eggshellonline by Email. They responded the next day and the missing part replacement was sent, which arrived the next day. The customer service is fantastic. The run itself is sturdy and secure. I easily put it together on my own, We now have 4 very happy chickens thanks to EGGSHELLONLINE."
"Would never order again from them ! rude and unprofessional Ordered a chicken coup and it was meant to be 3 day delivery after the 5th day i called and all i got from them is call the delivery company "not our issue" its gone so called delivery company (they should have done this) we agreed a day and wife took a day of work, the delivery company never delivered. called up delivery company again and arranged another day again failed delivery . the 3rd time was meant to be pre 12:00 but they turned up in afternoon when we had to be out, the box was very damaged and was left in our porch Contact company and ask for a refund and while they honoured this i would have had to pay return postage which is approx £35 in the end im just gonna stick with the product and repair the damaged parts while many of the issues were the delivery company , the attitude of this company was extremely unprofessional."
Dear Customer , we are sorry you had this issue with the delivery company
and will refund the postage
"We arranged delivery and the Cocoon half moon chicken house arrived when expected. The half moon is for my mini lop bunny for the time being but eventually will be used for hens. The structure is very light but very well made. I am changing all the locks as they are a bit flimsy and great care needs to be taken if using them in twilight or the dark as it would be easy to think doors are closed when in fact they aren't. The wood is very dry, hardly surprising really considering the dry weather we have had. There are a few splits and cracks, nothing major and nothing that cannot be put right with a bit of wood glue. Overall I am very pleased with it and although the wood is thin, the design is great. If I were to make one myself from scratch, I would use thicker wood, but the overall cost including my time would bring it out to a much more expensive project. I am using Cuprinol colours on it as this brand has been improved to include some oil in the paint, an important fact to bear in mind when treating wood. For anyone concerned about their pets' health, that brand is animal friendly when dry and Osmo is also animal friendly when dry too. I shall use that on the inside of the Cocoon. Lastly, as I don't want this in direct contact with the ground, I am putting the whole lot onto bearers, with the bottoms painted with black bitumen. I do like to get a long life time from my garden structures!"
"Pretty easy to assemble the run..good strong wire.. happy with the size and design..good to have two doors and a pitched roof..."
"Ordered one, received two, caused lots of consternation......Think instructions not meant for an oap women... Took me nearly all day, but well worth it, looks lovely my only worry is handle that closes door at night is bent and I'm not sure how long it will last.......chickens love it, I've put a flag on top!would send a pickie but don't know how....."
"Quickly delivered and superbly packed. Easily assembled with minimal tools in 90 minutes. We bought a Gertrude with wheels, just remember to fit the wheels before your start the main instructions!"
"Delivered on time. Hutch looks good now it’s been built but was damaged on arrival (packaging and roof of hutch) with hinge on one part broken and screw missing. There was also some breaking/sharding of the wood as we built the hutch. Left feeling a little disappointed..."
"Extremely pleased with this 7ft fox resistant coop. Quality of wood is very good and it was straightforward to build as one person. Very robust and plenty of room for 4 chickens comfortably."
"High Quality product but at a budget price. Pets at Home can’t compete! We purchased the 4 ft ‘Rodger’ hutch and it’s excellent value. Metal floors means no rotting unlike other hutches on the market. Only issue we had was the wooden plinth used to slide the removable tray on was incorrectly placed on one side of the hutch. A quick unscrewing and replacing solved this, may have been a one off manufacturing error. Retiring customer and overall pleased with purchase"
"Really impressed with the coop that we ordered. Would be 5 if Wood was treated. Just need them to make similar quality/cost guinea pig cages now."
"Took longer to arrive than I expected and one box arrived a day later than the other. Wire mess for run is definitely fox proof but had to add a bigger door stop to house and a stronger bolt. Very easy to put together and It looks great."
"We got this chicken coop and run for 4 guinea pigs and are very happy with it. We have adapted it slightly by covering the ramp because we were concerned they are sufficiently daft to fall off. The item arrived on time, was put together easily. It is better than we expected. We are adding a few bigger bolts but that's probably a reflection of our fox paranoia rather than anything else. Happy customers happy Guinea pigs."
Eggshell is rated 4.35 based on 679 reviews