Eggshell Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Eggshell

How would you rate Eggshell ?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"The couriers failed to delivery on the original date - Claimed to have called - yet I had the day off & I was waiting in the living room. So not a great start. Saturday went to collect it and luckily it fitted into the car fine . We had the Windsor built in about 2 hours. For the cost we have been impressed with the quality and the easy of building it. There are extras of all the screws which is great. We did change the build slightly, by only fitting the hooks on the sides attached to the house. This give us an easy to move the unit about. This is a temp home for our hen while building work happening in her normal run, as a full time home we would look to have a larger run (build and extension) to give her more room."
Scott Pickens
Verified Buyer
"Satisfied with the product. It is a home for two rabbits. They are happy to go back into the hutch after roaming around the garden. It was easy to assemble, approximately 40mins on my own. We also purchased the rain cover to prolong the life of the hutch. The three doors and tray make the hutch easier to clean out compared to our old one."
Graham Francis
Verified Buyer
"The hutch was smaller than I had expected, but would do as it was a holiday home for Henry. Lid and lock was slightly damaged but I managed to make good!"
"The hutch is brilliant and didn't take long to build once i had worked out the instructions. The cover fits perfectly. I am really pleased. My only moan would be slightly clearer building instructions. But i'm very happy."
Melvyn Dudley
Verified Buyer
"Well packed but still two parts damaged. Easy to assemble. Suggest you go direct to Cocoon website and get the same product for £30 LESS! The logo on the front in the photo on the web site is Cocoons."
Michelle Tocknell
Verified Buyer
"Pretty good value for money. Easy to order. Courtesy call to confirm delivery."
Mark White
Verified Buyer
"I can not fault the people I dealt with when buying this product (Kingston Chicken Coup) as the were all very helpful and a very prompt response to a question I had. The only thing I am really disappointed with is the product quality. When I read all about it I thought i’d be getting a British made product, but in stead I feel the product has been made in a foreign company and mass produced. The coup is very small and in my option won’t house more than 3/4 British sized chickens comfortably. The locking bolts are cheap pressed products and not sort of thing you would expect from a uk manufacturer. I can only say you get what your pay for, a cheap manufactured foreign made product for a cheap price. That said I’m disappointed with the product and not the company I brought it from."
Stephen Meehan
Verified Buyer
"Delivery was on time. Product was well packed. Not put it up yet due to the bad weather"
"Bought the Kingston chicken coop and I am not at all impressed. I assembled it correctly but there is just gaps around the door everything has been screwed In tightly but massive gaps and I don’t mean ventilation gaps like let the heat out gaps. Coop looks nice enough but not impressed with the front door then the little side door shutter"
Kim Stuart
Verified Buyer
"Bought the chicken run but poor quality with 2of the joints broken, screws sheared off. Needed urgently or would have returned it so had to glue broken corners of two separate pieces. Otherwise went together well and serves its purpose"
"My order arrived a day earlier than expected, but I wasn't in to sign for the delivery and had to then go to the depot to collect it! It would be better if you could send a tracking email! Also a piece of the nest box is broken but was able to bodge it so not a great problem!"
"Would have liked a mail just to let me know exact day my order was arriving but pleased with order .Did have to phone to find exact date of arrival."
"The rabbit hutch is of good quality, easy to assemble and so far robust enough to keep our bloodhound’s interests in the rabbits at bay. Delivered quickly, just would of been better if I had been informed what day it was being delivered on."
"Good quality hutch, reasonable instructions and well designed."
"Product as advertised. Would be better if the instructions had the wheels on near beginning rather than end."
"the size off the nest boxes are to wee and the coop to wee and dark in side.I am looking for one with the 4 nest boxes size 14"X 14" and new coop with a window."
"After buying what we thought was supposed to be a good quality coop things went down hill. The quality of the finish is shocking. Most of the finishing lines aren't straight, making it difficult to make it secure. Then after minimal use we lifted the roof and it fell off. The screws and thickness of the wood are not up to the demands placed on the coop. After only having it for 2 weeks we are now looking at purchasing one from somewhere else in the hope that it will last a little longer than 2 weeks. A lot of money wasted. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else as now we have to find a way to rehome 10 chickens until we find the money to sort another coop out. Disappointed doesn't cut it."
"The hen house was delivered next day, I agree with other customers that there was no contact from the company or courier regarding delivery but this wasn't a problem. The problems started when we came to assemble the house. There was no part J, which was the initial part to fix, I assume this is rubber feet for the house. We then couldn't assemble the side panels without a mallet to bash the screws into the predrilled holes at an angle. The roof panel hinges were on the wrong way round so needed to be removed then refitted. The roof does not close flush so we've had to put roof felting on, and there are small gaps round the sides. The "removable bottom tray" will never come out without dismantling the whole house. The run won't fit flush to the house, especially now we've fixed the chickenguard above the door, which was allegedly compatible. At each step it took some time to work out it was the product that was wrong, rather than our understanding of the instructions, so the whole build took many hours. I contacted eggshell who suggested I was either lying or incompetent "We find it strange that you encountered such problems as we have been selling these for 10 years and no one had problems assembling it. We can provide you with hundreds of satisfied customer and pictures of their constructions of the house and the run attached." Read on in these reviews and you'll see we are not the only customers to have problems, and not the only ones to have poor customer service. Only buy from them if you are prepared to spend the time to make a poor quality product from a company with no respect for their customers."
Louisa O'Brien
Verified Reviewer
"A great chicken house, surprisingly easy to put up, all the screws separated into different marked packets, with a spare. Clear instructions, it went up much faster than I expected. The chickens are very happy with it and although they are free range in the garden, they spend their time close to the coop and obviously regard it as 'home'! Thank you!"
""Overall, this is a pretty great coop. The wood is sturdy enough for purpose and it was shockingly easy to put together - for the most part - and the parts that were not easy to assemble were due to the fact that whoever originally attached the hinges merely guessed at their actual positions. Each hinge had to be removed, aligned, new pilot holes drilled (to prevent the wood from splitting) and reattached. This proved tedious and added about fifteen minutes to the assembly process. I didn't mind so much when the layer's box roof needed realigning, but when the actual roof failed to sit plumb to the other roof, it was fairly annoying. However, I'm pretty awesome and know how to build stuff and so it all went smoothly and I now have a coop that I'm confident will last for at least five years - especially if I continue to treat the wood as I did prior to assembly this time. The size is ideal for a larger holding of birds and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome - especially when value for money is considered."
Eggshell is rated 4.45 based on 570 reviews