Eggshell Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Eggshell

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy

"Update - school has received the chicken house and our children and staff are very happy with it!"
"Our new chicken house came, and unfortunately it was damaged on the nest box lid, but we kept it and used gaffer tape to fix it as we had already taken the old house out of the pen, and could not be arsed to send new one back, other than that, its a nice house."
"HOBBIT STYLE CHICKEN COOP OR RABBIT HUTCH Made from superior quality wood this BEAUTIFUL CURVED coop has an amazing number of features to keep chickens or other poultry providing years of top quality value. While this is a quirky little coop, it's quality is not that great. Bit flimsy in places, & one part of the main structure was split & had been stapled back together. Must have slipped past quality control :( A new part has been sent, but customer service was not that brilliant either. An ok coop, not as robust as I was expecting"
"Good quality and good service. One thing wrong is the instructions, not clear at all."
"Very quick delivery, thank you. When I unpacked the chicken house I found that one little pack of screws was missing - I was able to substitute these from my own stock. It was quite easy to assemble and I am pleased with the results. However, when I moved it (on the wheels provided) I found it was not very secure with the swing clips. I have now used cable ties to keep the two parts together. Altogether this is a good buy, just a couple of snags as mentioned above. I have now also added a strip of wood at the inside front edge of the nest box section as the straw just kept falling into the litter tray, I think this also gives the hens a more secure feeling when laying eggs."
"We have not received the coop for our school chickens although the status is 'complete' and now we are unable to get contact with the company."
"Well what can I say, the easiest thing i'v ever had to put up with the help of my teanage daughter.. Rabbit and Chick as happy as Larry.. Easy access to collecting eggs letting them out for runs feeding etc not to mention it looks really cool !! Highly reccommended!!!"
"Service and delivery is excellent. I like the extra screws supplied for the construction, however the wood is flimsy especially in places where more strength would be desirable eg the pull out floor and base of nesting boxes. The floor, being long, isn't easy to pull out, as it comes off its runners because they are too narrow to hold it. Cannot leave the wheels on as they fowl the floor tray to be pulled out too. Pulling tray out the other end is not an option, since that is into the run. Opening roof for ease of cleaning, good idea, but when roof opens the way it does you can't reach over it to clean, unless you are really tall I suppose. It certainly looks good though and I should imagine using sturdier wood would put the weight and price up, but with a few tweaks in some areas, this coop could be more impressive. Its plenty big enough for my 6 hens, although I am concerned how to keep them warmer when the winter weather is bad, since wind can howl through all the gaps around the side drop down doors. We have had to put extra rebating around these doors, not only to make them more draught proof, but as stops to prevent them falling inwards."
"Delivered on the day expected. Easy to make, although the pictures could be bigger and easier to follow. The pictures suggest the hutch is bigger than it is, so check the size. Overall good value, hope the chickens like it!"
"Everything was perfect"
"instructions a bit hard to follow, but once made up the chicken run looks lovely."
"The picture is misleading making the coop and run look huge !! Yes i know i know , i should have taken more notice of the measurements :( only suitable for 2-3 hens max)Instructions not the clearest. Some of the wood was split. No time to return as the hens were due to move in. Saying all that , looks nice when put together but wouldnt recommend. Sorry"
"Delighted. Ordered a Walk-In Chicken Run. Advised by phone the delivery day which was kept to. Instructions reasonable and assembly straightforward. Run seems very sturdy and well made. Good buy."
"We brought the smokey XL. Very simple to assemble. Very pleased with purchase"
"Well packaged with screws bagged separately. Relatively easy to assemble but diagrams could be a little clearer."
"Purchased a rabbit hutch from eggshell. The hutch (smokey) is of good quality and easy to assemble. Very pleased with the item. On the negative side, the hutch took 6/7 days to arrive despite my having paid extra for express delivery (1/2) days. Admittedly, the seven days straddled Easter, but nonetheless the delivery was disappointingly slow. This may have been the courier’s fault, not eggshell’s. Trying to contact Eggshell by phone is frustrating. The phones only seem to be manned between 0930 and 1600 on weekdays and not at all at the weekend."
"Really made up with my product from eggshell and easy to put up with more then enough bits to put it together definitely get my custom again"
"after a couple of issues and talking to david he sorted everything out and couldn't be more helpful"
"Nice coop, it would be even nicer if the inside walls were smooth, like the inside of the roof is, but otherwise all seems ok. Not as sturdy as something you would build yourself, but compared to other ready-made coops on offer, this was excellent value for money - got it at a discount too."
"I bought the Smokey XL for my two guinea pigs, and its good because its seems fox proof and it was easy to assemble, however I have had to extend the run to give them enough space. I thought it was a bit bad of them to make it seem larger than it is: its actually only 170cm by 40cm. It also seems quite expensive."
Eggshell is rated 4.32 based on 739 reviews