Eggshell Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Eggshell

How would you rate Eggshell ?

"Chicken coop I ordered arrived before expected. For the money it's a nice bit of kit. A couple of hours to build and the chickens have a new home."
Jane Bouttell
Verified Buyer
"The finished product was very good but we were very disappointed with the instructions. None of the parts were labelled and we had to measure it all out so we could work out which pipes went where. The chicken wire was thinner than I would have liked and will have to be reinforced and the roof cover seems a little flimsy."
Paul Lawley
Verified Buyer
"Wasn’t to happy as there is a chunk out of the top door and a split in one of the pull out trays not happy at all guys"
"A cute little chicken house. Easy to put together, even with a 3year old 'helping'. Wasn't so keen on the orange wood stain on it, so I painted it before I put it all together. It looks lovely. I will be adding a couple of extra bolts on the doors to make it slightly more difficult for Mr. Fox!"
Jeff Boswell
Verified Buyer
"Buckingham coop and extension run ordered arrived very quick . Took 5 hours to put together there was two of us. Goes together ok although instructions not the best could be better drawings"
Elizabeth Murphy
Verified Buyer
"Easy to understand the website, quick and effective delivery and the instructions for construction were easy to follow. My only reservation was the thickness of the wood. Hoping it will last."
"On time. Chicken coop built up already, one happy kid. Looking forward to getting our rescue battery hens soon. Yes the iron mongery items aren’t great quality, the self tapping screws are a bit rubbish but if you’re comparing turbo-gold screws then look at the price difference. I had one piece of wood needing rework but otherwise for the price, we just gonna get on with chickens. Love from Scotland."
Philip Pocock
Verified Buyer
"Incorrect nest-box parts were sent. The timber is very poor quality. I tried to telephone, but no reply. I spoke to the company this morning. They were irate that I had given them a bad rating and refused to deal with the problem. More bad news. One of the perches snapped in half...a big knot in the timber."
Anne Marie T
Verified Reviewer
"I have rated it at 3 based purely on delivery and communication. I paid for express delivery Monday 4th June at 9:00 am, confirmed this was a certainty with the office staff as I had arranged help to assemble to chicken coop on Tuesday 5 June. I was told the courier would be there, even if it was an hour or so late. I did not receive an email or phone call to advise the coop was not being delivered, I lost a day and paid for a day's help. Product delivered Wednesday 6 June and appears fit for purpose. I will not, in clear conscience, recommend this company if timing of delivery is important. NO TRACKING, NO COMMUNICATION AND INCORRECT ADVICE cost me more than the coop! I have given Eggshell the opportunity to respond to me privately, no surprise that I have not heard from them. Disgruntled in West Wickham."
Fiona Harter
Verified Buyer
"Really great quality product . I had spent a lot of time researching ,and thought the dimensions of others weren’t good enough and this one allowed more space for our 3 hens . Delivered on time , dead easy for 3 woman one screwdriver and a spanner to assemble .😁Good quality finish and fitings , and looks adorable . Our hens started laying immediately in it . Highly recommend !"
Ben Preston
Verified Buyer
"Brilliant UK company. Emailed them a couple of times regarding the delivery of the item and they went out of their way to help. Product arrived, was easy enough to assemble with 1 extra of each type of screw (very useful). Our chickens seem very happy! Would use this company again without hesitation"
Stewart Cave
Verified Buyer
"Would like an invoice for item for VAT purposes otherwise happy with purchase"
Andrew Perks
Verified Buyer
"turned up in good time. all parts were there. ironmongery not fitted very well though, so needs re-doing in some cases"
Patricia Baber
Verified Buyer
"Great materials. Good quality cage, but hopeless instructions. Took twice as long to make."
STEVEN THORNLEY
Verified Buyer
"Really happy with rabbit hutch looks good instruction leaflet OK"
Adrian David Bowden
Verified Buyer
"good fast service, easy to assemble and all screws etc supplied with a spare !"
"Fab next day arrived and put together fine"
Elizabeth Holt
Verified Buyer
"The henhouse is lovely. It was delivered quickly. It was not hard to assemble. One part was slightly different to how it appeared on the instructions which caused a bit of confusion, but it all works well. The house was painted with a preservative but we put another coat on before using. I've since ordered a run to go with the house so hoping it is equally satisfactory"
GARY DOODES
Verified Buyer
"Cages are too small !! Will have to keep one as I’ve put it together but would like to return one and get a refund , can I please have info to return Thanks"
Rachel Murphy
Verified Buyer
"Roger rabbit xl hutch - easy to build, could have had larger instructions. Instructions were easy enough to understand. Built by a single person in about 1 1/2 hours. Good product, hopefully it will last as long as a previous eggshell product (this is its replacement - rabbits are destructive) good communication and helpful staff"
Eggshell is rated 4.39 based on 621 reviews