Eggshell Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Eggshell
Own Driver, Courier

How would you rate Eggshell ?

Angela Suter
Verified Buyer
"Easy to use website and ordering process. My delivery email query was answered promptly too. This is our second purchase from Eggshell our first coop has lasted our chickens for 4 years so I think that makes it a pretty good economical purchase! Here's to another 4 year run with our new Betty coop. Thanks for providing a genuinely excellent affordable product."
Posted 32 minutes ago
Alexandra Hebdon
Verified Buyer
"Prompt delivery. Really pleased with the product. Our chickens love the henhouse."
"Very well designed, easy to build...Ikea would be proud of this. Really well made and strong construction."
"Bought a large walk in chicken coup. Delivered on time- great service but the coup took a full day to put up. Poor instructions- that took an engineer to resolve! Once erected- coup is great... but hard work to put up. Two person job! Needs better instructions."
"We ordered the Windsor XXL with and extension with standard shipping. We're using it for rabbits, not chickens. The delivery was super quick, so quick that the recipient went out thinking there were at least 3 days and missed the original slot. Redelivery was arranged on the same day. So pretty excellent considering the £40 difference between standard and overnight delivery. Product itself is OK. Certain parts of the wood on the run had started to split and been glued back together by the seller. The glue was melting due to the extreme heat whilst we were assembling the run so, unexpected mess. The measurements are not bang-on so the coop and run don't fit flush, neither does the roof for the run. It isn't a huge deal, as everything does fit, it's just not flush. The marks for the screws are also not bang-on but common sense fixes that. The instructions are awful. Again, common sense should prevail. It took one person 3 hours to assemble the original and extension with the odd bit of help for the heavy bits. I'd recommend two people. I was a bit disappointed that the extension only extended the length and not the width of the run. As it is, it's very skinny and we intend to DIY a width extension. Can't speak to the fox-resistance of the run and hutch as we thankfully haven't had any predators sniffing about yet."
Nigel Newcomen
Verified Buyer
"The first Windsor extension that arrived was a calamity - of the four panels, three were damaged and as the packaging wasn't, I can only assumed they were damaged on assembly and there was no quality control. Very poor for an expensive kit. To be fair, eggshell put their hands up and a replacement arrived a few days later."
"Having read reviews I was worried about purchasing from eggshell. But delivery was Wednesday after ordering on Monday. Flimsier than I would have liked for the price and color too yellow. But after painting it will be a nice new home for our free range batams."
Deanna Reilly
Verified Buyer
"Ordered a XL rabbit hutch, little bit too small on the width - which is a shame. A few screws missing on the assembled parts. Otherwise it’s a nice hutch and I was happy with it. Took about 3 hours to construct, the instructions were a bit vague. Delivered very quickly."
Andrew Milner
Verified Buyer
"Good delivery timescale and product ‘OK’ but, oh dear, the instruction booklet was useless. Needed a very practical approach to fill in the gaps as to what to assemble. It is clear that the product is imported from China and the instructions probably translated by the Chinese into English. One of the poles was bent, not quite enough to go through the hassle of sending it back but annoying nevertheless. Further, 3 joints were defective and needed amending with pliers to widen the aperture."
"They didn't have cage after we had ordered and paid. They didn't deliver on the day they said they would. The cage they were sending out instead was cheaper but didn't offer any refund difference until I had emailed them about it and the cage we got is not suitable for a rabbit it is to small."
"Had previously purchase egg shell coups and the quality was really good, they have i believe changed the dimensions slightly and the thickness in the timber since my last purchases but the product is still good value. Now with opening roof which was a reason that i purchased from another company that had already made this addition, now egg shell provide the same i returned to a trusted supplier. As stated they seem to be a little less sturdy then there previous coups but i did purchase my last ones from them many many years ago. The cost is still excellent and if they last less time not going to loose any sleep over investing in new ones again. My last ones only needed changing due to the plywood flaking off the inside of the roof, not a big deal and could have been repaired but once again the price of repair or replace is minimal and the chickens do clearly enjoy a new house."
Claire Oakley
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service and the product is great value for money very pleased with my purchase."
"Delivery on time, seems practical & attractive, reasonably priced"
"Very nice looking chicken coop but one of the hinges for the roof arrived and the bracket was not fitted correctly so we couldn't use it. Also never received a receipt for purchase."
"Chicken coop I ordered arrived before expected. For the money it's a nice bit of kit. A couple of hours to build and the chickens have a new home."
Jane Bouttell
Verified Buyer
"The finished product was very good but we were very disappointed with the instructions. None of the parts were labelled and we had to measure it all out so we could work out which pipes went where. The chicken wire was thinner than I would have liked and will have to be reinforced and the roof cover seems a little flimsy."
Paul Lawley
Verified Buyer
"Wasn’t to happy as there is a chunk out of the top door and a split in one of the pull out trays not happy at all guys"
"A cute little chicken house. Easy to put together, even with a 3year old 'helping'. Wasn't so keen on the orange wood stain on it, so I painted it before I put it all together. It looks lovely. I will be adding a couple of extra bolts on the doors to make it slightly more difficult for Mr. Fox!"
Jeff Boswell
Verified Buyer
"Buckingham coop and extension run ordered arrived very quick . Took 5 hours to put together there was two of us. Goes together ok although instructions not the best could be better drawings"
Elizabeth Murphy
Verified Buyer
"Easy to understand the website, quick and effective delivery and the instructions for construction were easy to follow. My only reservation was the thickness of the wood. Hoping it will last."
Eggshell is rated 4.38 based on 635 reviews