Eggshell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eggshell
Read Eggshell  Reviews

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy
Eggshell  5 star review on 22nd February 2021
Steve Shaw
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
extravagant shipping costs even when spending well over £100
courier geography incorrect, Aberdeenshire is not Highlands or Islands!
Please cotact us on 01903 756 133 for a better quote
Hutch is great. May need to get a rabbit run in the future so will definitely purchase here.
The first Windsor extension that arrived was a calamity - of the four panels, three were damaged and as the packaging wasn't, I can only assumed they were damaged on assembly and there was no quality control. Very poor for an expensive kit.

To be fair, eggshell put their hands up and a replacement arrived a few days later.
They didn't have cage after we had ordered and paid.
They didn't deliver on the day they said they would.
The cage they were sending out instead was cheaper but didn't offer any refund difference until I had emailed them about it and the cage we got is not suitable for a rabbit it is to small.
Incorrect nest-box parts were sent.
The timber is very poor quality.
I tried to telephone, but no reply.
I spoke to the company this morning.
They were irate that I had given them a bad rating and refused to deal with the problem.
More bad news. One of the perches snapped in half...a big knot in the timber.
Poor quality flimsy construction,fixings loose,requires several modifications to make it structurally sound.Not worth the money.Unfortunately, had left outside, so couldn't return because boxes damaged by rain.
It was not dilivered on the day not a word of apology
Hi It arrived but was too small, told them and we would purchase a larger one as this one too small for a large rabbit ,paying more money.Told to send it back at our expense .Phoned up to say we are ordering another could not just swop ,we paying more money.Spoke to a manage who said it was our mistake,we accept that but in our defence the measurement on the advert led us to believe it as bigger,the manager put the phone DOWN on me .Theres another diagrams which shows the measurements but the total measurements including overhang of the roof .so the inside is 100 mm short on the measurementson me,very rude manager not helping ,no trust ,very poor
The hen house was delivered next day, I agree with other customers that there was no contact from the company or courier regarding delivery but this wasn't a problem.
The problems started when we came to assemble the house. There was no part J, which was the initial part to fix, I assume this is rubber feet for the house. We then couldn't assemble the side panels without a mallet to bash the screws into the predrilled holes at an angle.
The roof panel hinges were on the wrong way round so needed to be removed then refitted.
The roof does not close flush so we've had to put roof felting on, and there are small gaps round the sides. The "removable bottom tray" will never come out without dismantling the whole house.
The run won't fit flush to the house, especially now we've fixed the chickenguard above the door, which was allegedly compatible.
At each step it took some time to work out it was the product that was wrong, rather than our understanding of the instructions, so the whole build took many hours.
I contacted eggshell who suggested I was either lying or incompetent "We find it strange that you encountered such problems as we have been selling these for 10 years and no one had problems assembling it. We can provide you with hundreds of satisfied customer and pictures of their constructions of the house and the run attached."
Read on in these reviews and you'll see we are not the only customers to have problems, and not the only ones to have poor customer service. Only buy from them if you are prepared to spend the time to make a poor quality product from a company with no respect for their customers.
Arrived promptly easy to put together sturdy all parts fitted ideal for my ferrets will be ordering more having seen the quality of this one.I have placed an order for another model really happy
Due to the mandatory housing order issued in December 2020 because of Avian Influenza, we needed a coop with integral run areas, easily moveable, and not too expensive. I found the best option for all these was an Eggshell Granary coop with runs either side. The price was very reasonable, delivery very prompt considering that I ordered it in between Christmas and New Year, and the coop itself seems fine for the 3 ancient hens and bantam cockerel who occupy it. Instructions were quite clear enough, although a slight issue arose with the two runs, as they are identical, rather than sided, meaning that if you place the coop against a wall, only one run door can be opened. It also means that the nest box lid cannot be opened unless the run on that side is removed - but these hens stopped laying a year or so ago, so that isn't much of a problem. The coop is also an attractive design which looks nice in the garden - as we have had to put the hens there, we may as well make it look pretty!
We were very impressed by the quality and ease of putting it together. Everything was completed quickly. Thankyou.
Very pleased with my purchase - as are the three chickens who live in it! Delivered promptly; well packaged; nothing missing and easy to assemble.Highly recommended.
The rabbit hutch looks pretty and the timer is of an okay quality. With the rain cover it is perfectly suitable for the job. There are some good bits too, like the removable trays and the felt lid.
The rabbit likes it ,which is the most important bit to me.
Very good customer service too.
No communication. Nightmare. When the hutch finally arrived, it was damaged, and no one will reply to me now. In short, they just want your money, no customer care at all.
Hutches are good quality and well designed. They didn't take long to put together and the covers are well made. My rabbits are very happy
Eggshell  5 star review on 5th October 2020
Very good and sturdy chicken coop. Would of given 5 stars but the hooks connecting run and coop were very week so easily pulled apart. I put stronger ones on.
Great product, good quality, attractive to look at, easy to assemble and my guinea pigs LOVE their new home. Rain cover is also lovely. Would purchase again from Eggshell.
We ordered a coup, had a few problems, but customer services sorted it out straight away. Many thanks, appreciated. 5*
Really poor quality product - soft and thin wood that breaks easily and screws rip out within days as they can’t hold the weight. Really wouldn’t recommend. I complained and was offered a new spare part or £15 refund - but of an insult when you have spent £500! Steer clear of these chicken coops as they will Fall apart quickly!
Eggshell is rated 4.27 based on 934 reviews