Eggshell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eggshell
Read Eggshell  Reviews

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy
Eggshell  5 star review on 22nd February 2021
Steve Shaw
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Hello,
I recently recieved the large rabbit hitch 2 tier double decker grey roger. To my surprise with product was clearly second hand, I have attached photos of the poor quality i recieved it in. It was dirty and has dents, chips and splits in several areas. The package included a returns slip from the previous buyer. I'm massively disappointed with this product and paid £157 with the cover. Have you any solutions? I would ideally like a refund as could have brought a better second hand product for half the price. I have emailed this morning and attached pictures. This wont allow me to upload
My rabbit arrives next weekend

Regards
Harriet Bowcott
Not at all impressed with the flimsy structure of the Gertrude. Gaps everywhere which makes the sliding vent redundant. Very very cheap thin wood, doubt this will last. Currently housing 10 chooks until I can build my own.
Pulling out the tray with sawfilings/hemp one it drags it onto floor if it is more than 2 or3cm depth. Roosting bar holders are pinned on and so break, hinge points pinned on so also come away. Very very cheap and nasty. Wish I'd gone for a flytesofancy arc. Still in great condition after 8 years. This eggshell thing? Rubbish.
Shocking !! Poor quality coop very weak possibly damaged in transit causing this ? Still awaiting - after 4 weeks of purchasing coop informed customer services and now 6 months down the line they are still refusing to except the coop is faulty even tho providing photographic evidence
No communication. Nightmare. When the hutch finally arrived, it was damaged, and no one will reply to me now. In short, they just want your money, no customer care at all.
Really poor quality product - soft and thin wood that breaks easily and screws rip out within days as they can’t hold the weight. Really wouldn’t recommend. I complained and was offered a new spare part or £15 refund - but of an insult when you have spent £500! Steer clear of these chicken coops as they will Fall apart quickly!
Not the best of wood to have been used. A few parts was splitting before I had put it together but was desperate for a chicken house as my other broke so it had to do. Very disappointing. Paid 350 for it and wasnt not very pleased with the quality
Ordered the xxl rabbit hutch and rain cover. Not impress from the start with the quality, or the service. First off, we ordered at the start of June, 2.5 weeks later, still no hutch. I called only to find out that it had been delivered and signed for at a different address. They asked if I could go and collect myself, which I attempted but locked farm drive gates prevented me from doing so. I called again and was told that another hutch will be delivered to the correct address the following day. So the next day, still no delivery, i called again, i was told it had been delivered to the correct address and signed for. It hadn't. A few days later, it was actually delivered to the correct address. Finally got the hutch after about 3.5 weeks, but no rain cover in sight. I called again, to be told that there was a problem with the deliveries and that it will be delivered the following day. The following day, still no rain cover. I called again today to be told that it will be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed it arrives. Shocking service for the price paid.

Also the quality of the cage is rubbish. It has been used for a week and a half and it has been chewed to shreds. It won't be long before the cage mesh falls out and it has to be replaced altogether.

I have said I'm not happy and haven't been from the start which was quickly brushed off and no explanation given.

I do have photos but it won't let me upload for some reason
We bought the chicken coop after reading and doing some research, thinking it was going to be enough for our five hands since it was XXL+.
The most important thing was supposed to be fox proof and scenes we keep our hands in an allotment near I would we thought it was essential to make sure no fox could enter.

When we build the cube we realised it was far too small for 2 hens live alone five so we build an extension and an exit a playhouse with the right measurements for them to fit nicely without having to use the nest boxes to sleep. After some modifications, we had the ideal chicken coop and run I need logged nice we added some extra nest boxes and roosting area so so when we were not able to open for them to free-range at least they had a safe fox proof area where they could stretch there wings and and enjoy. We build a skirt throughout the whole enclosure which we digged and the thing is that it looked absolutely awesome we made sure that every detail was taken into account and that it was totally impossible for a fox to get in. However last night we had some visitors and when I arrived to my allotment this morning I found that the folks had tried to dig around the whole enclosure without success but found his way in through one of the panels from the eggshell XXL plus chicken coop. that makes me wonder what kind of professional they are when a newbie can build a better and sturdier and really fox proof run and they can't. We are are fox proofing the panels now with some welded mesh and regret having purchased it in first place because it would have been safer and cheaper just to do what we did without adding the eggshell coop and run. Not worth a penny unless you keep them at home supervised or or you you electric friends the surroundings. do not think for a single moment that he's fox proof because it's not. Doesn't matter how thick the bars are if they are not well attached to the wooden frames it makes no difference and a fox will get through them without problems just by biting and pulling them out. All the damage caused inside the coop is nothing but the phase of my kids when they went to open the run and found a bloodbath is something that I will never forget nor forgive.
Coop was delivered exceptionally quickly but quality is not good. Very lightweight.

One of the end panels on the nest box split during construction and as I had already ordered my birds I had to fix it and carry on. Then when I attempted to fit the lid to the nest box it wouldn’t close because there wasn’t enough space for the lip that sits inside the coop to move, it appears the predrilled holes to mount the box to the coop were slightly too high, so had to re-drill to allow the lid to close.

There’s nothing to cross brace so with the roof open it’s like a cardboard box with the top and bottom open and getting lined up for the tray to go in and roof to close is awkward.

There’s a slide bolt to keep the pop hole door up, but it’s too low to slide across with the door shut so nothing to stop a fox using his snout to open the door.

And now after two weeks’ use the bottom of the end panel with the pop hole in has split too (admittedly with a dramatic change in weather, though it has been painted so shouldn’t have been an issue).
Terrible service was told my purchase was coming Monday only to be told ‘customer changed delivery date’ which in fact was the courier service changing it without any notification to myself then rearranged the delivery to the day of my uncles funeral - what a joke! After this never ordering from here again!!!!
Dreadfull. The hutch is half a foot shorter and a good few inches smaller in width than what is stated the product measured. It is very flimsy and definatly not worth the cost. It has taken less than 24 hours for my rabbitt to nearly have chewed through the door so they are back in their old hutch untill I can save up again for something else.
Only half the product has turned up even though under my account information it says order complete. Not open on Saturday to try and get rectified.
Would like the rest of my order to be delivered ASAP
Can’t review the product as only half of it has turned up so far. Would appreciate receiving the whole product please
I was quite disappointed with the coop. There were large gaps between every door which meant it would be very draughty. We have had to attach strips of wood on the inside of each opening to block up the gaps. We have also had to put wedges at the end of every perch as they didnt fit securely and wobbled all over the place, they are also quite strangely placed. There were also gaps between the floor and the walls. The catches and locks are quite flimsy. These are all comparisons with our other coops which don't have draughty gaps, have secure latches and well placed secure perches.
Hutch is very small.
Had to buy another one due to having two rabbits
Item arrived totally damaged, no reply to my e mail then I was asked to unpack the very large item before getting a collection and refund. Very unhappy with product and service and still not had refund or collection. I could barely get back in box so not prepared to unpack it all.
Hutch is overall Nice to look at and meets standards - however I did not receive any locks so all 4 doors cannot be closed properly. Customer service is APPAULING with this company. Complained 5days ago via email with no response as of yet. Also rang the customer service number TWICE 5days ago to be hung up on BOTH times. Literally had to keep my guinea pigs on the upper level of the hutch and wedge a garden chair against the doors to keep them closed!!! Would never buy from here again purely due to the lack of customer service. Shame.

UPDATE
Customer service got worse when I didn’t think it could have. I eventually got a phone call & numerous emails asking to change my review (not to try and rectify the issue I had or the locks I didn’t receive) purely about changing the review. I eventually received my hutch locks 5 days after the phone call which was terrible considering they could have posted them first class and my guinea pigs could have been in a safer hutch days earlier!!!! The locks have been on the hutch 3days and one of them has actually snapped off - HOW CAN A LOCK SNAP IN HALF. So I am now down a lock AGAIN. Doesn’t keep the door closed securely at all. Never am I ever using this company again I’ve never experienced such chaos.
We have not received the coop for our school chickens although the status is 'complete' and now we are unable to get contact with the company.
Only 1 box out of 2 arrived. Second box was resent but didnt arrive. Stayed in waiting, nobody answered the calls ( courier or eggshell ). We paid £20 for the delivery and now have a very disappointed daughter as she cant get her xmas bunny.
I ordered over the phone and asked if two runs could be joined and was told they could be so I ordered two runs and a 'gertrude' coop, wheels and a chicken guard automatic door opener. They arrived well packaged but I discovered that you cant have the run and wheels to move onto fresh grass, the door opener prevents the run being fitted, the plastic anti rot feet are incompatible with the run and stupidly when you take them off the run interferes with the roof! when the run is in place it is very awkward struggle to open the door by hand.the design has not been thought through .. DO NOTBUY THE RUN IT IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE DESPITE WHAT THEY SAY ON THE WEBSITE! coop works well on its own, but don't try to move it , the structure twists and distorts and broke the roof. My experience of the customer service is they are a complete shambles.
Eggshell is rated 4.27 based on 934 reviews