Eggshell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eggshell
Read Eggshell  Reviews

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy
Eggshell  5 star review on 22nd February 2021
Eggshell  5 star review on 5th October 2020
Steve Shaw
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Hi , I've just unpacked the coop to find it's a smaller one than I bought, on the boxes it says windsor A and Windsor B .which looks like a smaller one .I bought the xxl at over £300.00 can you confirm please.

Regards Jim 07702207203
We ordered and it surprisingly turned up early after 3 days. All looked good when we opened the box so we arranged to pick up the chickens later that day. Once i started building it I noticed there was damage to two of the panels. I ended up gluing and bending them back as I couldn’t wait as I needed the run. The quality of the house was fair minus some issues with the bolts that I sorted with a screwdriver but I feel the quality of the mesh panel frames were a little flimsy. Maybe the reason they were damaged. Overall it’s doing the job well but I was disappointed by the damage and some of the quality issues. Eggshell offered to replace the damaged frames but there was no point as I’d already got my toolbox out to repair them as I needed the run.
It’s a real shame that the top tray does not fit. I will be lodging a complaint.
Pretty poor quality chicken coop. Very light weight, chipped wood and a tear in the roofing fabric on arrival. Plus a warning in the instructions not to expose it to the elements which renders it pretty useless as a chicken coop.
Pros: Item was delivered promptly; instructions were easy to follow; it looks nice.

Cons: very poor quality for price, the wood is extremely thin; the top is light and does not lock in place, so I have no doubt that a fox could easily mange to get into this coop (I had to fit a lock there to make it safer. The perches are so close to each other and to the sides of the coop that chickens end up pooing on each other or on the wood sides.

I would not recommend it and I doubt it will last more than 1-2 years, if anything.
The chicken coop we ordered and had delivered is well designed. However the quality of the wood is very poor and whilst the coop will do what it says on the description I have serious doubts that the wood quality and fixings will allow it to last long outside. Certainly not value for money with a cost of over £350.00.
Hutch came broken but just about functional. A nightmare to put together due to lack of screw holes. Roof makes a mess everywhere but that comes with the material. The wood it's made off is nothing special and feels quite cheap.

On the bright side the size is decent for the purpose I brought it (indoor free roaming rabbit), but would never recommend using this size for a rabbit that will be in there for more than part of the day. Fortunately the trays are easy to clean and it's not too high off the ground for the rabbit to jump in and out.

Would have looked elsewhere had I known it would turn out this way, but I'm not dissatisfied enough to go out of my way to get another one.
The hen house instructions were very small print and difficult to follow in places. Trying to fit the hinges ono the roof panel was difficult, instructions unclear and the wood split. Not great value for money.
Poor quality wood, ours came broken too wouldn’t recommend
The rabbit hutch arrived damaged, they did sent replacement for the damaged part, however, this also arrived damaged. After a little debate, we were offered a partial refund and after a little more debate the partial refund was increased, still to an unacceptable level, the rabbit hutch went back and I'm now awaiting a full refund, but only after it's gone back and only after it's 'inspected' I'm not sure what they want to inspect? It's not like it's being returned due to a change of mind..
when I was first asked to review we had not received our order which was eventually delivered well overdue. Having now built the granary xxl I can honestly say that we are very disappointed, not only in the difficulty in building due to unclear diagrams and instructions but also the quality of the design and wood. There are many gaps and ill fitting pieces and some damage in transit has meant we had to make some clumsy running repairs for it to work. We don’t expect this to last the winter to be honest and whilst not the most expensive coop and run by far, for the price we expected more. Sorry guys.
Had out coop for around a month now, looked a lot bigger in the picture. Door has fallen off already. Not very impressed unfortunately
HOBBIT STYLE CHICKEN COOP OR RABBIT HUTCH
While assembling this, the wood split as screw was being inserted. On closer inspection, it is clear that split was already there & someone has stapled it together. This fault is on the main part of the construction, so will, in time become a problem. The likely hood of it breaking completely considerably increased. The company did send replacement part twice, but both times sent the wrong ones, despite having photo's of the bit affected. 6 months on & this coop is falling apart. Bits have fallen off. The catches have been replaced & it swells in the rain so the doors are almost impossible to open. Very poor quality, I doubt it will last much longer.
2 Broken bolts on mesh panel, very flimsy, and quite small.
The pictures of the rabbit hutch look great, and reading the reviews they all sound great. However, upon receiving the product, there were marks on the pieces of wood already made and dents. The instructions were terrible, had to re-make a few bits as they were that unclear. Having made plenty of flat pack furniture from IKEA instructions are not difficult to make coherent. The top which comes hinged already was not screwed in properly, so that when put together the screws were very loose and could not be tightened as the hole for the screws were made too large.

The height per level is also not great, it is rather shallow in comparison to what the pictures illustrate it to be, would be better for the levels to be 10 - 15cm taller in height per level for the rabbits to have more room to move.

Overall, I am disappointed in the quality of the cage, it is not an expensive hutch but nor is it a cheap hutch so did expect at the very least for it to arrive undamaged and with proper instructions.
Arrived in good time, no complaints about service. The product however is a different story. The wood is flimsy, instructions are ridiculous and overall quality not great. This is not a chicken coop and run, it's a rabbit hutch. I have 4 hens and they would be cramped inside it. Save your money and buy something else the box was damaged and a piece of wood splintered.
Rather poorly engineered chicken run which got blown over in a storm and fell apart because it's not really held together very well.

It's taken me weeks to re-drill all the connection points and bolt them together securely so that we've now got a run that can be easily moved and holds together.

I have to say that the after-sales service when we needed to re-order a damaged part was un-coordinated and a bit haphazard.
Delivery was quick. Coop is in OK condition, although one piece was not straight and needed rearranging. Automatic door opener worked for one day and then stopped. There is no return address or any form of delivery note. Customer services are useless and quite abrupt and rude via email. Chicken guard, who supplied the automatic opener were much more user friendly, rang to help find the problem and organised a new one to be delivered ASAP. Will never purchase from Eggshell again.
Quite flimsy, not sure how it will survive, and I had to adjust the hinges on the roof as the panels were misaligned.
Cheap for a reason
I guess you pay for what you get. Cheap Chinese import, nice design but very flimsy.
Eggshell is rated 4.27 based on 934 reviews