Eggshell Reviews

of reviewers recommend Eggshell
Read Eggshell  Reviews

Tell us how Eggshell made you happy
Eggshell  5 star review on 22nd February 2021
Eggshell  5 star review on 5th October 2020
Steve Shaw
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Eggshell  5 star review on 24th September 2020
Bought a Nellie Chicken House. I really would not recommend it. Bit of a pin to assemble and not properly finished: one set of perch support grooves were absent so i had to bodge with screws. the laying box dividers do not fit the slots provided so i had to use glue. altogether much flimsier than i expected and it really would not trouble a fox for long. my nine standard size chickens do not really all fit inside so three have taken to roosting else where. all in all a disappointment and not a good buy. sorry.
The metal tray was dented, one of the bolts bent and the packaging arrived broken. However, the hen house looks ok.
This is a good quality cafe, far better than others we have had. But the back panel arrived chipped and damaged so I was dissapointed.
Delivery very quick. A little flimsy at the joints and not quite as big as I expected but looks good and my 6 chicks are very happy so far, will need an extension for when they're bigger
You need to have someone write your instructions that has not built a chicken coop before and expand the illustrations to remove guess work. You can print double side and still keep to one page is you want.
We purchased a Gertrude coop a year or so back. To be honest , I have been disappointed with the design and features of this coop. I have had to undertake several reinforcement actions to the - ends, roof and nest box - happy to share because it is mainly upgrading of hardware and inserting reinforcements to produce a very good coop
All that said we added the extra nesting box - which fitted perfectly and appears to be of a higher quality. I would recommend Eggshell-but With the proviso they review their hardware use -should be bolted and not screwed Hinges and the integrity of the two coop ends which I believe require additional vertical supports . Nuff said.
Nice coop. Quick delivery. Very small, a lot smaller than the photos suggest. I have had to buy another coop as well as there’s no way my 5 girls could’ve fit comfortably in there - even with free ranging them during the day. Slightly damaged but nothing too bad.
Lovely quality hutch. Not great customer service by one member of staff whilst trying to track my order- seemed a big effort to help me
Great company to buy from however the hutch I ordered, Roger Rabbit one, is not made very well and is tiny. I knew the size before ordering, but because of the pull out trays that have a good 2 inches of wood all around them, they make the bases tiny. Wouldn’t recommend
The hutch was nicely made but size very disappointing looks alot bigger on picture was ment to be 6ft long an measured in at 5ft 6half my daughter was very disappointed
I bought an Eggshell coop a few years ago and the quality was excellent, that coop is still going strong with no problems. I was disappointed the quality of the wood and size of the coop has has changed being a little smaller and much flimsier wood. Some pieces were broken on arrival as so flimsy. One perch rung holder was not put on, its only a bit of plywood which my husband made up and put on and also replaced other broken bits but it was a careless mistake. The roof opening is an improvement and I'm sure my chickens will be happy in their new home. Sometimes you just have to put up the price a little rather than cut corners with quality.
Our new chicken house came, and unfortunately it was damaged on the nest box lid, but we kept it and used gaffer tape to fix it as we had already taken the old house out of the pen, and could not be arsed to send new one back, other than that, its a nice house.
HOBBIT STYLE CHICKEN COOP OR RABBIT HUTCH Made from superior quality wood this BEAUTIFUL CURVED coop has an amazing number of features to keep chickens or other poultry providing years of top quality value.

While this is a quirky little coop, it's quality is not that great. Bit flimsy in places, & one part of the main structure was split & had been stapled back together. Must have slipped past quality control :( A new part has been sent, but customer service was not that brilliant either. An ok coop, not as robust as I was expecting
Good quality and good service. One thing wrong is the instructions, not clear at all.
The picture is misleading making the coop and run look huge !! Yes i know i know , i should have taken more notice of the measurements :( only suitable for 2-3 hens max)Instructions not the clearest. Some of the wood was split. No time to return as the hens were due to move in. Saying all that , looks nice when put together but wouldnt recommend. Sorry
Purchased a rabbit hutch from eggshell. The hutch (smokey) is of good quality and easy to assemble. Very pleased with the item.
On the negative side, the hutch took 6/7 days to arrive despite my having paid extra for express delivery (1/2) days. Admittedly, the seven days straddled Easter, but nonetheless the delivery was disappointingly slow. This may have been the courier’s fault, not eggshell’s. Trying to contact Eggshell by phone is frustrating. The phones only seem to be manned between 0930 and 1600 on weekdays and not at all at the weekend.
the service was good but the product we bought was not. it looks cheep dont think it will last long. door handle was split the side was damaged and the floor also had splits on it. says its for 12 birds but i would say 6
Ordering the coop was pretty straightforward and easy and i was kept up to date. I was then text by a delivery company to say something was being delivered for my PC Globe order. Had no idea what that was, but it turned out to be the coop. Perfect. Came to building it and it was clear that you get what you paid for and this coop is cheap for a reason. The wood is OK and the idea was great, but the coop is pretty much falling apart and we haven't even put chickens in yet. And no I did not use the wrong screws. The bits that are falling off are the bits that already had screws in. My husband who is a carpenter is going to try and revive it, but I am so upset. Lesson learned. Pay more, buy once.
A part of the run arrived damaged but was quickly replaced. Thanks. We found the assembly diagram didn’t clearly show the differences between the parts so that slowed us down. I’ve modified the run by making one of the roof sections open. This makes it much more accessible than the ground level openers.
Not very strong blew over twice and the screws are insufficient parts come apart
Eggshell is rated 4.27 based on 934 reviews