Direct unlocks Reviews

Difficult
Read Direct unlocks Reviews
Fast and top service.
Hi Lile

Thanks for your review of our service, we are glad to hear that your phone is now unlocked.
Scam They take payment, and then request a further amount to actually unlock your phone.
Needs to be transparent on ad page that it's a 2 payment service and may prove more expensive than the value of the phone.
Do not use direct, unlocks, there the worst company I have ever spent my money with, as many have already stated they do not make it clear that they will require a second payment because I'd they did they would not of had my money or I would guess many others after seeing the total amount these con artists want for unlocking a phone, I took my phone elsewhere rather than pay the extra money they were asking for and had it unlocked for £25. No further payments from them and a first class service.
Quote price, pay then they request an additional payment to receive the code they have for you. Scam!!!!!
It’s a scam!!! They will give you a price, take your money, and then refuse to unlock your phone until you pay them again! Absolute scum!
If I could give them no stars at all I would. These people are complete scammers. No where in the initial order did it mention there would be an additional £95 payment to unlock the phone. Initially paid £23.00 but then got an email saying they require £95 to unlock the found. I never paid the second payment and have asked for a refund but they never reply to emails. They need to be reported to the police or consumer rights authority the amount of people. The worst is a reputable store called Simply Fix is recommending them on their website! Please stay away from this company!!!!!
What went right, Scam artists take your money and then BYE bye. Won't answer emails.
Direct Unlocks are a scam.

I search Google for 'Vodafone iPhone Unlocks' and these guys are the sponsored results displaying 'From £23.99' (ASA Ruled against these guys yin 2018 instructing them to drop the 'from' claim as they were unable to demonstrate anyone actually pays the 'from' rate. ASA ref A18-447541). Looks like the advice is getting ignored years later.

Run a search on my IMEI, and I am presented with a cost of £23.99 and I continue to purchase.

Several hours later, I am asked for an additional £95 to complete the unlock. I click the 'query this charge' where I receive a response immediately saying the charge was clearly stated on my order confirmation.

Confused, I go back through the purchase flow (as a new customer again) and the charge is pretty obvious. I was surprised I missed it.

Intrigued, I use my husbands phone to run a quote on his IMEI. The £23.99 charge displays, no reference to any additional charges.

Run the search a second time for his IMEI, this time the charge DOES show on the order confirmation page.

Here's what they are doing:

A unique IMEI search omits details on extra charges (sure, they are buried in the T&C, but the extra charge is not evident to the customer).

When you get a told there are extra charges, and run your IMEI through again, the charge will show. Making customers confused thinking they missed the charge and perhaps agree to pay it.

Shady practice indeed.

The reviews on review.io are 1*. The reviews on Trustpilot are 4*. They refund £10 for good reviews on TP. Go figure ;)
As per many other reviews...basically a legitimate scam...I paid a fee of $28 to unlock and then receive a follow up email asking for $116...I have asked for a refund but don't hold out much hope...web ombudsman please, where are you?..
They are scammers .they take your money and gone . No replies to emails.
SCAMMERS take your money and gone into the sunset. No replies to emails.
Payed in good faith to a company to claim they can u lock your phone from a network. But instead they take your money and then leave you high and dry money gone €60.00 and then offer a credit note FOR WHAT and won't reply to any emails directunlock are sophisticated SCAMMERS..
Just as everyone else has stated this second payment is not clear and was unexpected. I found them as a link via a reputable High Street company - Simplyfixit, so figured they'd be OK. I didn't pay the second payment.
Absolute SCAM!... Posing as official Vodafone page, once payment is made there is then additional charges to release the unlock code... Even more annoyingly I've now learnt this unlock service is FREE direct from Vodafone!!!
To echo the below. Massive scam.

Same old. I gave them some money for an unlock. We had to relocate my Dad to another country because he had Alzheimer’s. Wanted to get his phone working here so he didn’t have the stress of a new / different phone.

Quoted me £23 - I knew I was taking a chance but I paid it - I was willing to write off £23 to make life easier.

Next thing “Pay the remaining £48 to receive the unlock...”

I didn’t give them anything more, of course. I’ll buy him a new phone and deal with THAT stress.

I wrote them to say “This is a bit much... you said £23”

Tim at Directunlocks said they would “waive their profit margin” and do it for just £38 instead of the £48. What a kind soul.

I’ve reported them to their hosting provider (GoDaddy) and if you’ve sent them any money I advise you do the same.
This is a total scam. I went through all the "stages" of their payment and yet nothing happened. Remains on 25%!!! All the other reviews are just paid adds to make their rating higher to "clickbait" customers. Please read this before going for the unlock. Stay away from this company.
When you post an order, says that the time frame is between 1 hour and 6 hours, as soon as you pay, the time frame changes, in my case was 10 days. Is ridiculous. Then when you contact support for a refund they say no because they already send the order. No money, no codes, nothing happened. Avoid this company.
SCAMMERS / FRAUD WEBSITE and LAIRS DO NOT PAY MONEY
Absolute scam. You pay for what you think is the unlock, only to find out an additional fee is needed to complete. This is not made clear when purchasing, it is intentionally misleading, and customer services were unhelpful. Just avoid, I wish I had.
Don't give them money as you won't ever see an outcome for your phone only a scam
Direct unlocks is rated 1.76 based on 112 reviews