Direct unlocks Reviews

Difficult
Read Direct unlocks Reviews
Fast and top service.
Hi Lile

Thanks for your review of our service, we are glad to hear that your phone is now unlocked.
What a bunch of thieves!

According to this scam of a website you pay 23.99 to unlock a device. What the website fails to be clear about is that this is a pre check fee.

Then you receive a follow up email stating you need to pay even more.

I’m astonished that a circus like this is allowed to do business. Stealing through means of deception in a time when many of us are struggling.
Be warned this a scam! I was asked for £23 for unlocking old phone. As soon as you pay you will be asked for more money... I have only checked the reviews when asked for second payment. Luckily my bank blocked and reversed the first payment.
Don't trust the positive reviews on this site - they are probably fake as if you check other review sites the feedback is much more negative.
Complete waste of money. They constantly ask for more money but actually never received anything from them. Asked to pay a premium service for which again received nothing. I do not recommend.
Total scam. They take a fee upfront to then demand a second payment. They cite their pricelist - but try and find it on their site.

It's an underhanded way of doing business and should be avoided at all cost.

I'm processing a chargeback now.

Please just avoid them at all costs and take some of the positive reviews with a pinch of salt as they're probably fake.
I'm supposed to write this without offensive language ... Oh how I want to rant and rage!... I was clearly under the impression that the unlocking fee was £20 + VAT ... Having paid this, I now found it was a "Pre-check fee with more to pay" ... get the idea?I'm not happy!

On top of that, having advertised that the code will be available in a matter of hours (because they have access to the manufacturers database), now that they have the second payment, the time is suddenly going to take 2 days because, apparently, computers don't work at the weekend, and computers aren't able to function at full capacity because of the CoVid pandemic... what utter ****** (fill in your own description)
Do your research before you give them 1 penny I wish I did I. Payed €60 euro for a scam they claim they can unlock your phone and they can't only offer you a credit note that useless, and won't reply to your emails.
Needs to be transparent on ad page that it's a 2 payment service and may prove more expensive than the value of the phone.
Do not use direct, unlocks, there the worst company I have ever spent my money with, as many have already stated they do not make it clear that they will require a second payment because I'd they did they would not of had my money or I would guess many others after seeing the total amount these con artists want for unlocking a phone, I took my phone elsewhere rather than pay the extra money they were asking for and had it unlocked for £25. No further payments from them and a first class service.
If I could give them no stars at all I would. These people are complete scammers. No where in the initial order did it mention there would be an additional £95 payment to unlock the phone. Initially paid £23.00 but then got an email saying they require £95 to unlock the found. I never paid the second payment and have asked for a refund but they never reply to emails. They need to be reported to the police or consumer rights authority the amount of people. The worst is a reputable store called Simply Fix is recommending them on their website! Please stay away from this company!!!!!
Directunlock are a sophisticated scam take your money for an unlocking service that they claim they can do. But unfortunately my experience they take your money and leave you high and dry.
What went right, Scam artists take your money and then BYE bye. Won't answer emails.
States a price and the small print says you have to pay more - not obvious, claim 4 hour unlock and when you pay it changes to 48 hours - avoid at all costs
Direct Unlocks are a scam.

I search Google for 'Vodafone iPhone Unlocks' and these guys are the sponsored results displaying 'From £23.99' (ASA Ruled against these guys yin 2018 instructing them to drop the 'from' claim as they were unable to demonstrate anyone actually pays the 'from' rate. ASA ref A18-447541). Looks like the advice is getting ignored years later.

Run a search on my IMEI, and I am presented with a cost of £23.99 and I continue to purchase.

Several hours later, I am asked for an additional £95 to complete the unlock. I click the 'query this charge' where I receive a response immediately saying the charge was clearly stated on my order confirmation.

Confused, I go back through the purchase flow (as a new customer again) and the charge is pretty obvious. I was surprised I missed it.

Intrigued, I use my husbands phone to run a quote on his IMEI. The £23.99 charge displays, no reference to any additional charges.

Run the search a second time for his IMEI, this time the charge DOES show on the order confirmation page.

Here's what they are doing:

A unique IMEI search omits details on extra charges (sure, they are buried in the T&C, but the extra charge is not evident to the customer).

When you get a told there are extra charges, and run your IMEI through again, the charge will show. Making customers confused thinking they missed the charge and perhaps agree to pay it.

Shady practice indeed.

The reviews on review.io are 1*. The reviews on Trustpilot are 4*. They refund £10 for good reviews on TP. Go figure ;)
As per many other reviews...basically a legitimate scam...I paid a fee of $28 to unlock and then receive a follow up email asking for $116...I have asked for a refund but don't hold out much hope...web ombudsman please, where are you?..
Just as everyone else has stated this second payment is not clear and was unexpected. I found them as a link via a reputable High Street company - Simplyfixit, so figured they'd be OK. I didn't pay the second payment.
Absolute SCAM!... Posing as official Vodafone page, once payment is made there is then additional charges to release the unlock code... Even more annoyingly I've now learnt this unlock service is FREE direct from Vodafone!!!
When you post an order, says that the time frame is between 1 hour and 6 hours, as soon as you pay, the time frame changes, in my case was 10 days. Is ridiculous. Then when you contact support for a refund they say no because they already send the order. No money, no codes, nothing happened. Avoid this company.
Absolute scam. You pay for what you think is the unlock, only to find out an additional fee is needed to complete. This is not made clear when purchasing, it is intentionally misleading, and customer services were unhelpful. Just avoid, I wish I had.
Submitted a phone for iCloud unlock in January. I have received nothing but the excuses and discounts for future phones that I will never have or go back to them to unlock. If the service is not provided they supposed to refund which they haven’t. I email them every couple of days with no response. Services that were paid for and not received amounted to $106.99 and in Rands that’s a fair whack. Stay away from these guys, check the address at the bottom of DirectUnlocks.com and Imeidoctor.com. They both the same, stay away from these guys, they will only steal your money.
I wish would read these review before 50 dollars to get my phone unlock it been almost 2 weeks.
Direct unlocks is rated 1.71 based on 114 reviews