Dance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Direct
Read Dance Direct Reviews

About Dance Direct:

Dance Direct has grown from a family run business to become the leading dancewear retailer in the UK and Europe. Our passion is in providing high quality, affordable dancewear and accessories to the dance community; our pride is in enabling dancers to achieve their dreams without worrying about the cost. Working in partnership with Revolution Dancewear – one of the world’s leading costume and dancewear manufacturers – we also supply a fantastic collection of high quality ready-to-wear costumes for shows and performances.

Harlequin House, ,

Tell us how Dance Direct made you happy
Dance Direct 5 star review on 4th June 2021
Suzanna
Dance Direct 5 star review on 26th May 2021
Katrina
Cheryl
Tessa G
I placed my order and it took three times of contacting customer services for my items to eventually be despatched. Due to the lateness I have had to return many of the items and am still awaiting a refund (17 days after returning). Again I have contacted customer services who say they cannot trace my package and when they are unable to answer the question they close the chat. I am now over £100 out of pocket and will NOT be using or recommending this company to anyone.
Thank you for the review. Our customer service team has been in contact with you and I understand all has now been sorted.
Je suis cliente depuis de nombreuses années et commande chaque rentrée les tenues de plusieurs fillettes pour leurs cours de danse, en France et en Belgique. Cette année, j'ai une commande qui n'arrive pas depuis le 5 septembre ! Le service client est injoignable, aucun suivi de commande... Depuis la fusion avec l'entreprise anglaise c'est catastrophique, alors que les services étaient excellents jusqu'à cette année. Absence de stock, service client injoignable (et en anglais), délais de livraison non respectés... Aucun geste commercial malgré les desagréments ! Je sais que même les professeurs de danse sont en difficulté pour leurs commandes de groupe. À ce jour, je pense que je ne commanderai plus chez Dance Direct, aucun respect des clients. 👎
Nous sommes désolés d'apprendre que vous n'êtes pas satisfaits de notre service. Dance Direct est depuis 21 ans une compagnie britannique et la filiale française a été fondée par la suite ! Veuillez faire preuve de patience pendant cette période de transition.Veuillez nous envoyer un courriel à hello@dancedirect.co.uk avec votre code postal et votre nom et nous vous fournirons une mise à jour de votre commande. Meilleures salutations
Awful company customer service is so bad. Paid for product & never recieved them & had to chase for refund I would never recommend them in a million years
Unfortunately the item you ordered was discontinued by the manufacturer and as soon as this was realised a refund was requested by the customer services team. This should appear on your bank statement shortly.
Had bad customer service after experiencing a quality issue ... still haven’t had a response to my 4 emails ... was always my first stop shop for dance wear but will avoid from now on
Sent return of ballet shoes and never got my exchange pair
Please can you tell me when these were returned and I will look into it. Did you send them back on a tracked service?
took way too long to come
I am sorry there was a delay in despatching your order. Due to the current circumstances we are operating social distancing measures in our warehouse, but we are endeavouring to keep to the 5 - 7 days between order placement and despatch of your order.
I’m still waiting to receive my order. It was sent without my house number and so couldn’t be delivered. I have been waiting 18 days since ordering & have had no information from you despite me emailing asking where my order is.
Dear Wendy The situation has been sorted out with the Customer Service team and your parcel will be redirected back to you when Royal Mail return it to us. Your back orders will be sent out to the correct address when the goods are back in stock.
I ordered two black masks 2 weeks ago, and received one over a week later. Not only that but the invoice was totally wrong stating I had only bought one, not two. I had to contact them myself to get this rectified, no response for 6 days. I had to re contact them again, to be told they are now out of stock (so they were clearly out of stock when ordered else why would they only send one mask) and to wait until the back order which is due beginning of October. Not acceptable, companies are quick to take peoples money for goods yet do not deliver them (literally!!!). I wouldn’t recommend this site again and I will avoid in the future. They should be firstly reimbursing my postage at the very least, but sending me the second mask free as a good Will gesture and refunding me the cost! But they have offered me nothing just a fake apology which doesn’t mean anything.
Dear Chelsea I am sorry that you have had to wait for the second mask to come back in to stock. The original invoice only showed the item that was sent. The masks have now come back in to stock and it is being sent out today with Royal Mail 24hr service. The tracking number is VB186151674GB. As a gesture of goodwill we are going to refund your delivery charge and send you a 10% off code for your next order. Due to the current situation there are fewer customer service advisors in the office and therefore some queries are taking longer to respond to. Please be reassured that we are doing our best to help everyone.
Had to return shoes as not what I expected and that’s where all the trouble began. Woeful customer service and long time to refund, even by COVID standards. Avoid. Much better shops out there
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time and due to this it took longer than usual to process your refund. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Never received order acknowledgement when place an order. When ordered it said order would be despatched within 3 days, was no notification after 3 days, had to chase it to see where my order was, Patricia apologised for a delay and said it would be despatched on 24hours delivery, however it was not, order was sent on standard 48 hours service. When received, order was sent a size smaller than i ordered, ordered small adult - received extra small adult! Order was returned! Very poor all around!
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you have encountered a delay with your order and also that you received an incorrect item. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are shipping orders as quickly as possible and we are sorry that your order was delayed. Once we receive your order back we will of course process a full refund and please accept our apologies once again.
Bought a pair of tap shoes in June and have not worn them due to lock down and first class back today now they don't fit didn't expect to be told " no refunds or returns" waste of money Avoid
We offer a 28 day no quibble returns policy to allow customers time to try on their goods when they have been delivered and return them with a free Royal Mail returns label if they don't fit. The goods are then refunded.
I have not received the order
Thank you for your review. Your order was shipped on 10th September with European Air Mail which is an untracked service and can take up to 10 working days to arrive in Ireland.
Exchange was poorly handled. Lack of communication and eventually arrived too late so had to return.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and due to this we are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time but we are working as quickly as we possibly can.
Beware, they claim they are short staffed. Returns take 2 to 3 weeks! totally unacceptable.
Not happy customer. Waited for more than a week for a parcel of two items. Decided to chase, then received 1 of the items after 10 days in total. Then chased again for the second item (now 14 days after ordering) and told that this item is out of stock. How come they didn't know the item was out of stock earlier? Terrible, now waiting for a refund, wonder how long it will take 😕
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that there was an issue with one of the items and I can see that a member of the customer service team has already been in touch to advise you of this and contacted you to find out if you wanted an alternative. I understand that you would like a refund instead which I have now requested, please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account.
still waiting for my order #000120969. terrible no response, tracking not working. i need the items for the classes!!!!!
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are working as quickly as possible. I can see that your order has now been dispatched and is due for delivery tomorrow. I have sent you the tracking information in response to your message on Facebook.
Had to chase delivery as it was late and as a result my daughter couldn’t take her classes without the shoes ordered. I have been promised a refund of delivery charges but haven’t seen anything yet. Not impressed.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are shipping orders as quickly as possible, but there is a notice on the website to advise of the delay. I can see that a refund of the delivery charge has already been requested and please allow 5 to 10 working days for this to show in your account.
Slow email responses, slow dispatch compare to what it says on the website
Thank you for your review. Due to the current call and e-mail volumes it can take longer than usual to get back to our customers and we are sorry about the delay with your order. I can see that it was shipped in 2 separate parcels that should have both arrived last week. Apologies for the inconvenience and the delay.
Had to wait a long time for parcel to arrive and now waiting for a refund on an item I sent back as too small. No response to emails sent by myself and husband to date. Real shame as would have used again in the future for my sons dancewear.
Thank you for your review. We are still operating with limited staff to comply with social distancing and we are shipping orders as quickly as possible, but there is a notice on the website to advise of the delay. We are still a few weeks outside of our usual 14 day returns processing time but we are working as quickly as we possibly can. With regards to the e-mails, I can see that a member of the team responded to the e-mail you sent on Friday evening.
Took over a week for the items to be dispatched
Dance Direct is rated 4.58 based on 3,150 reviews