Cruise Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Cruise Direct
Read Cruise Direct Reviews

190-196 Main Street

Tell us how Cruise Direct made you happy
Customer service (Nicki) was amazing, she helped me price up and confirm our 16 day holiday with ease, very helpful and friendly
Stacey & Jamie have been very helpful. Recently had my return airfare refunded from a cruise earlier this year, where the end of cruise had to be changed, and have made two bookings for cruises in 2022.
Found out yesterday that cruise maritime has gone into administration so my cruise is now cancelled. I have had no information from cruisedirect. Uk I have sent emails just bounce back phone calls automated message. I am now so frustrated clearly no cruise for october and looks like my money is lost so disappointed would just like a response from this large company. Can someone from the company PLEASE respond just want my money back which I am entitled to as they are unable to deliver the cruise with the company being in administration. Considering I work for the NHS this is yet another stress for me.
Can soneone please help got a cruise. Booked for October however need to cancel offices closed and emails not working very frustrated as work for NHS
Firstly I think one star is too much for them Been trying to contact cruise direct. Cannot believe their phone lines are not manned, there is no chat option and no reply to emails. We are due to pay the balance of our cruise next month. A large company who must have 1000's and 1,000s of customers and yet are more than likely claiming the furlough package, with no thought for their customers that have saved and paying out a lot of money for holidays. Disgusted, and the one lesson I have learnt is if I book another cruise, it will certainly not be through cruisedirect, who appear to have no thought for their customers. I see someone below was contact by Jamie, who I made my booking through, so he is still working then!!!!!!
I would like to amend my previous poor review as I I have now been contacted by Jamie Harris of cruise direct who was extremely efficient and resolved all my issues he is a credit to the company and has restored my faith in them.
I must comment on my earlier poor review rating of 1 and amend it to 4 as I have since, finally been contacted by a very helpful James at cruise direct who has dealt with my holiday transfer brilliantly. They have a huge backlog of customers and are working through them in date order. He explained their staff cover is hugely reduced with the majority furloughed. My advice to anyone trying to contact them is to hang in there and be patient, you will be contacted.
I booked and paid a deposit for a cruise in July 2020, then due to Covid 19 Virus I asked if I could transfer the deposit to a cruise next year. I have had NO REPLY to 12 emails , their phone lines have an automated response . The balance due date came and went , I couldn’t get in touch to discuss so could not pay the balance , the Celebrity Cruises have now confirmed the cruise is cancelled and informed us to speak to our travel company . Cruise Direct are STILL not answering calls or responding to emails ????? All I want to do is transfer my deposit - what is the problem???
We were due to go on a cruise this week booked through cruise direct. I’ve been trying to contact cruise direct to find out what’s happening,they don’t answer the telephone or reply to emails, I appreciate these are difficult times but even if staff are home working they could reply. I think they are deliberately avoiding having to pay out refunds.
I should have been leaving on a short cruise today with my partner but it has been cancelled due to the pandemic. The only way to contact them presently is by email. I have tried to contact them by email a number of times over the past month with regards to a refund but am getting no response at all. I know these are unusual times but to not respond with even an acknowledgement to a request for a refund that I am fully entitled to is not acceptable. This is an extremely poor service. It was my first time using Cruise Direct and will now be my last time. I hope at some point I will get a refund or I will be taking it further with legal action
Our Viking cruise was cancelled on 12th March due to the Coronavirus pandemic. The date is now 28th April and still not a penny back. I appreciate the situation but the company has completely shut down their phone lines and are not answering any emails. Cruise Direct are part of Barrhead Travel.
We booked last year and had no issues and was seamless, we recently due to the pandemic had to change our plans. I want to thank Jamie Harris who despite the current pressures was first class in every way, even to the point he answered his mobile whilst he was on a day off. Always keeping me informed as he worked with MSC to change our family cruise to 2021. Customer service is a five star from me.
Booking the cruise was straightforward and we met all the terms and conditions and paid them all the money. But the moment coronavirus broke out it was all very different, requests for information about a refund for the cancelled cruise met a brick wall. Emails not replied to or just bouncing back, phone numbers ringing out for ever or becoming unobtainable. They are now not adhering to their own terms and conditions, we would never consider booking with them again.
After my telephone call with the agent, who was very helpful and called me back to book my cruise. I felt I was being dealt with by an efficient and happy lady who made me look forward to my holiday. I’ll book again through them, simplicity sums it up.
Kirsty was extremely patient and helpful with our booking. She was extremely patient with our numerous requests and answered promptly. The whole experience was seamless and easy. Lets hope the cruise is as great.
Booked 2 cruises with Stacey, she was absolutely brilliant, helpful and patient.
Such a friendly helpful member of staff (Nicky Rawlins). I hate booking holidays but she made it so simple! Nothing was too much trouble.
We always ask for Stacey. She dealt very well with this booking, in the same efficient way as for previous bookings.
Stacey Hughes-Jones is the best travel agent we have come across & we have done a lot of travelling & experienced lots of agents Customer service was excellent, her manner is professional, friendly, patient & delightful & not at all pushy like other companies can be. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend making your enquiry to Cruise Direct & you will be very happy if you find Stacey at the end of the phone. It is our first time with Cruise Direct & it certainly won't be our last, thanks to Stacey-a wonderful ambassador for her company & I hope they appreciate her.
My initial enquiries were dealt with very speedily, with good humour and knowledge.
Cruise Direct is rated 4.64 based on 246 reviews