Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD

About Colin Appleyard LTD: Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road

Click Here

Tell us how Colin Appleyard LTD made you happy

customer service
Malcolm
"Just purchased a Subaru Forester from Huddersfield branch. Simon in sales was excellent, knew the product inside-out, nothing was too much trouble. Only time will tell regarding servicing, I will write an update after I have used that department."
Nathen Thompson
"Sam Fenton has done me proud once again on my new virtara s many thanks"
Liz Ripard
"Friendly and efficient."
"theafter servicefaultsetcwasvery/badsalespersondidnotwant to nopasseditontoparts/iscommentswere ihade been lumberdwith thejob/anddontphoemeagain/spoketoother/sales staffwhowere conserned/after thatnothing mrkeenan"
Hi, We are sorry to see that you have left us a 2 star review. After speaking to you on the telephone I am glad to hear that you are now very happy with your bike and that the issues have been resolved. Please accept our apologies and I can assure you we greatly value your custom and hope that as you said you will return to us in the future. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the dealership and thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
"Poor service"
Hi Mr Whitaker, We are sorry to see that you have left us a 2 star review and would like to look into this for you however will require some further information in order to do so. If you are able to fill in the form located at the following link we will ensure your comments are investigated - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
"I picked up my yzf r 125 2013 plate second hand overall was ok paid 2300 for the bike and then further £199 for the gold vip package picked the bike up was all good then the L plate got stuck in the back mud guard they sorted this to my satisfaction with the VIP pack I was told i would get the service book which i did not get and they also forgot the hpi check which I also had to chase up and they also forgot to fill the bike up with fuel which was apart of the package overall ok but not the best experience with my first time dealership also wanted to charge me £60.00 for oil change which takes 1L of oil bit pricey for 30 mins work"
Hi Jamie, We are sorry to see that on this occasion you have only been able to leave us a 2 star review and having spoken with the branch manager regarding your comments, we were unaware of any discontentment and believed any outstanding issues had been resolved to your satisfaction. We greatly value your custom and hope that you will return to us in the future.
"Usually your car gets washed and hoovered when work is carried out on the car and it wasn’t. Then it wasn’t completed until last thing of the day at 4:45pm even though you got it first thing in the morning."
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 8 months ago
"Went in for winter health check. Invoice stated that courtesy wash and vac had been carried out. I could find no evidence of this as car was washed and waxed immediately prior to going for health check and was splattered with dirt on return to me which, I assume, was due to being taken on a test drive. Dirt on floor inside vehicle indicated it hadn't be vacuumed at all."
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello Michael, Apologies, but we are unable to find any details of your visit to our dealership on our systems. If you can provide us with further information will certainly look into this for you. You can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com
"Generally very happy with the service provided at Huddersfield but I had my annual service & MOT last week and mentioned that both registration bulbs were out... the warning light on the dash was on... I collected the car but when the auto lights came on at dusk ..guess what so did the warning light... it means I now have to make a trip into town to get them replaced... not a big deal but one I shouldn't have to do"
(Huddersfield) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello Stuart, We are very sorry to hear this. If you contact Darren (Service Manager) at our Huddersfield Dealership 01484 514954 he will happily arrange for us to collect your vehicle and leave a courtesy car with you whilst we rectify this. Alternatively you can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com and we will arrange this for you. Apologies once again Stuart for the inconvenience that this has caused.
"In the past I have bought at least 4 cars from the Huddersfield branch and always enjoyed good service, however,on 21st May I took my Suzuki splash to the Hudds.garage with a suspension problem, it had a broken spring,l arranged for a replacement to be fitted the next day, I was then informed that the front strut needed replacing and could be completed on Friday 25th. I enquired on Progress to be told they had the wrong strut and as it was bank holiday it would be Wed 30th. I was then told that they had the strut but the top bearing was wrong and it would be Friday 1st, I collected the car at 5.00 On Friday 1st. This was not what I call good service, on two occasions when I enquired on progress of my car I was told,they were busy at the desk,someone will ring back but no one did. Michael Wood Reg. no MM08MJV."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Mr Wood

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service you recently received especially after having always been happy on your previous visits. After discussing your comments with our Huddersfield service team, it would appear the issue with the parts was a result of a decision to use non-genuine parts in an effort to keep the repair costs as low as possible for you. We have been assured that you were offered a courtesy car to use whilst your vehicle was having the work carried out but did not require one. Please accept our apologies that you were not kept up to date with the progress of the repairs, we appreciate that this along with the delays must have been frustrating for you and your feedback has been passed onto our service team to help us improve in the future.
"We went to look at a vitara kuro and the salesman I spoke to on the phone said the car was on 0% finance . when then discussing finance we were informed that there was a deposit of over 3k to put down first this was not said to me over the phone . the salesman was abrupt and didn't seem interested in selling us the car. I was given a poor part x on my car . we were not offered a test drive and the car was parked against a wall so we couldn't get a proper view of it . all in all a poor buying experience at Huddersfield branch."
Hi Mr Winterbottom. Further to your review I believe that the issues were rectified resulting in you going on to purchase a Vitara from our Huddersfield dealership. We're sorry you felt disappointed in your initial contact with us but do hope you are satisfied with the service you went on to receive and of course that you are enjoying your new car!
"Unfortunately let down again around promises to be called when car was ready. This is the third time I've had problems with the service department. Spoke through with service manager again and really do hope they make some improvements as it's not matching the excellent sales service at the moment"
Hi Phil,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have built our family-style business on a reputation for treating our customers fairly. We value all our customers’ feedback as it helps us to improve our service.

Your feedback has been passed to the branch manager and franchise manager who will discuss further with the service department the areas to improve on with the aim of matching the excellent sales service.
"I was told it was 1 hours wait for a new key, a few minutes job. After 45 minutes they had not started the job and it took them another 30 minutes to complete the job. A guy sitting with me had been waiting hours, they should offer better service"
"Fixed one fault created a new fault and the car was returned 1:30minutes late. The interior of the car also had debris particles over rear carpets and seat"
"I found Rachel who dealt with us extremely rude and abrupt. Its made me think twice about buying another car from you"
Hi Emily,

Thank you for your feedback. We believe you have now spoken to our service manager and are happy with the resolution. We apologise again, and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.
"I had my car serviced (still under warrant) at a cost of £259. The Alternator belt was noisy which I mentioned and they just fobbed me off saying not covered by the warranty on a 2.5 year old vehicle with 9000 miles on the clock. It would be £65 to change. No mention of having a word with Nissan on my behalf. It just questions the point of paying more for a franchised dealer service in the first place. I've now taken this up with Nissan direct but feel I should not have hd to do this in he first place"
"Speedy service but expensive to change a headlight bulb (£49.20)"
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. You haven't provided us with any details, so unfortunately we cannot look into this for you. We agree that £49.20 does seem unusually high for just a headlight bulb change but without any further information we're unable to find out why you were charged this much.

Please get back to us with your registration and/or contact details and we will look into this further.
"Was told car needed for whole day, so said I would need a courtesy car. Then told they could do it in 2 hours so said I would wait. Advised on arrival it would be 4 hours. No valet and printer broke down so no stamp in service book (being posted to me). It was not the height of good customer service."
Hi JC,

Thank you for your feedback.

We sincerely apologise for the low level of communication and service you received.

"left my car at 9:30am for MOT. CA Sevice called me at 4:15pm to say it had failed and needed a new tyre to pass, as a consequence car wouldn't be ready until following day; not acceptable. Further work was recommended (new brake pads, another tyre) costing £150. As I had paid £308 in June for a full big service and only driven 2,500 since, i am confused why these points weren't highlighted then."
"Only one of the faults was fixed despite mentioning over the phone initially prior to RAC collecting car. Both wing mirror and side of car were scratched when car was returned."
Hi,

We’re very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service you received, and always take every complaint seriously. We’ve investigated the issues you raised and we believe you’ve now spoken to our service manager and come to a resolution you're happy with.

Again, we apologise for the damage you encountered. As this is a highly unusual situation, we will take steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again in future with any customer vehicle.
"2 days after buying a 14 reg nissan micra with 14400 on clock started having trouble with clutch.Looked at by garage and told it 'needs a new clutch'.Booked in for clutch change.Then told they wouldn't change it as it was 'driveable'.Wanted me to contribute to cost.They changed it for free after some arguement.On collecting car was given a lecture on how to drive and not ride the clutch.The cheek."
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Dawn.

We are very sorry to hear that you encountered a problem with the car you purchased from us. Obviously being a used vehicle there can be issues we are unaware of despite carrying out a thorough checking process and inspection prior to your collection. We hope you are now able to enjoy the car but if you do wish to discuss anything in further detail with us please contact Chris our Nissan Service Manager direct on 01535 691330 (who returns from annual leave on Monday 7th August) or alternatively in the meantime our Group Aftersales Manager Lee Morton on 01535 606321 who is aware of your comments and has discussed directly with our Nissan dealership.
"The courtesy car i'd asked for several weeks before wasn't ready. When it was found the fuel indicator showed 0. All of the things i noted that i had concerns with were reported as working fine with no problems. Even though i had experienced them regularly during the past year."
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
"I took my Juke to have the Winter tyres changed for the Summer ones, which I have done before on this vehicle and it's predecessor. I had previously arranged that I would take the car in at 0830 hours and wait whilst the work was done. I arrived at 0825 hours and booked the car in. The receptionist clearly wrote on the sheet that I was waiting for the car. I expected that the work would take approximately one hour, which was my previous experience. I walked into Keighley, did some shopping and returned to the dealership at 0915 hours. I noticed that the car was not where I had parked it and assumed that the work was being carried out. I made several enquiries and was told that the work was progressing. To speed up things, I asked for the paperwork to be completed and made the appropriate payment. I finally received my keys at 1055 hours, two and a half hours after arriving. The service receptionist was apologetic and said that he would investigate what had gone wrong. This was certainly an experience that I do not want to repeat and is at odds with the service that I have experienced in the past. It begs the question as to whether the excellent sales and spares experience is at the expense of poor organisation and management within the service department."
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.63 based on 994 reviews