Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

DAVID BUXTON
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 17th June 2020
Nigel simpson
John Shields
I came to your Ashton branch for the Suzuki website deal of a Swift SZ-5 at approximately £15,500. Although I was told to come back a day later to test drive a car, I attended the showroom on the last day of the deal but, I was advised that there would be offers in the new month, i.e. the next day. The next day following the test drive, I was completely happy with the car and ready to sign but, when I was presented with the figures the vehicle had increased in price by over £3,000. I was told that the offer had ended the previous day (when I was told to come back the next day) and that I could no longer avail myself of that £15,500 SZ5 deal. I was also offered £100 part ex on an £18,000+ purchase. Toyota gave me £400 on a £9,500 purchase. I left the showroom completely demoralised. I've since bought a Toyota Yaris. I felt that what happened to me was completely unethical. It gave an older female purchasing a car alone the distinct feeling that the £ signs rolled up. Consequently, I would not use your company again as I would not feel comfortable doing so. The salesperson, however, was absolutely fine; courteous and polite. He was doing his job as instructed by the Business Manager, which is why I awarded 2* and not one.
MOT service booked months in advance, arrived from Blackpool first at dealership before 0800. Even though no problems, didn t leave till nearly 1400 hrs. obliviously lost / didn t record booking !
Car not cleaned, at all either. Very poor service for a main dealer! On topof that found scrape on front left wing of my Vitara which wasn t there. Big drop in standard to previous service. Cannot recommend , would not return to Ashton u lyne branch.
My motorcycle developed a fault. Exhaust Valve Actuator, believed to be seized open. Booked in for this to be fixed along with a 7500 mile service on 30th of June and picked up on the 1st of July.

Picking up the bike I was informed that you didn't have the diagnostic device to remove the code, (bearing in mind this is a Suzuki main dealer and my motorcycle is a Suzuki) I was told you would place one on order and to pop back in to have it removed. I paid £403.88 for this service and apparent repair.

After multiple emails and phone calls, 2 months later I was informed I could bring the bike in at my next available opportunity.

Today(18/09) I brought the bike in. You attempted to remove the code but the fault code remained.

This brings me onto this review with these points.

- You clearly didn't check or investigate why my Exhaust Valve
Actuator had failed on the 30th of June, which is the main
reason I brought the bike in.

- I was charged extra labour for this "repair" on top of the 7500 mile service(which is essentially an inspect, tighten and oil/filter service).

- Why would you attempt to remove a code for a problem you haven't fixed?

Incompetent and disappointing.
Hi James, Firstly, we’re sorry to read that you are unhappy with the service you received from us. Having spoken with Kevin our branch manager Kevin has tried to call you and left a voicemail asking for you to give him a call to discuss. We appreciate that having to wait for the diagnostic unit from Suzuki was a frustration and we have to agree took way too long, but sadly this was out of our control, that said service should have kept you better informed. We’d like to clarify the fault code issue, the diagnostic unit will only clear a fault if it doesn’t require new parts, and unfortunately in your case the bike requires parts hence the diagnostic unit not clearing the fault code. We can also confirm that you weren’t charged an extra hour for the fault being checked/looked at, you were charged the correct time and amount for the service due. Malcolm in our service department offered a cheaper resolve to the exhaust valve actuator using none genuine parts to which he’s was under the impression he was waiting for you to confirm. We hope we can be of service to you in the future and if you do have any further concerns that you wish to raise, or further feedback, this can be submitted via our website https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Decent service spoilt by very poor admin at the Bradford dealership. The comp AA cover wasn't activated until I chased things over a week after buying, and the V5 was actually posted to DVLA for in-person processing, rather than on-line. This leads to huge delays actually receiving paperwork - and still not received nearly 4 weeks later!
Lack of communication with all channels.
But will still shop there next time.
Hi Angela,

We're sorry to read your negative review. With any complaints we receive we always look into them fully to ensure we're able to address those concerns.

We want to thank you for placing an order for the new Ignis and apologise that at the time we weren't able to calculate any costs for you because it wasn't on the system. When our sales manager came to ring you once those figures were available, he was unaware that you'd left a message a few weeks earlier to cancel your order and for that we do apologise as this was a communication breakdown on our part.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.
First service, informed them of a rattle not resolved. No information of what the problem was or that it had been looked at. I did get a useless video os a technician measuring tread depth on a cat that had don 7,000 miles. Not get impressed. Hoping they will respond.
The car I bought a 2019 reg,when I got home I found it had no parcel shelf,tools to mend a flat tyre, about 1 inch of water in the spare wheel well.There is a leek but where? waiting for the next down pour.The tools,parcel shelf were put in the car after a phone call.
Part - exchange offer was too low, based on some Car Magazine valuation, and very unrealistic for the age and condition of my car.
In the past I have been taken care of at Colin Appleyard when I bought the car from your showroom several years ago you told me that I would get free MOT for as long as I owned the car. last week I had my car booked in for MOT and it failed I took it in today for retest and you charged me. I thought It was free for a retest. as last year my car failed and I was not charged why as the rule changed from last year.
theafter servicefaultsetcwasvery/badsalespersondidnotwant to nopasseditontoparts/iscommentswere ihade been lumberdwith thejob/anddontphoemeagain/spoketoother/sales staffwhowere conserned/after thatnothing mrkeenan
Hi, We are sorry to see that you have left us a 2 star review. After speaking to you on the telephone I am glad to hear that you are now very happy with your bike and that the issues have been resolved. Please accept our apologies and I can assure you we greatly value your custom and hope that as you said you will return to us in the future. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the dealership and thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Poor service
Hi Mr Whitaker, We are sorry to see that you have left us a 2 star review and would like to look into this for you however will require some further information in order to do so. If you are able to fill in the form located at the following link we will ensure your comments are investigated - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
I picked up my yzf r 125 2013 plate second hand overall was ok paid 2300 for the bike and then further £199 for the gold vip package picked the bike up was all good then the L plate got stuck in the back mud guard they sorted this to my satisfaction with the VIP pack I was told i would get the service book which i did not get and they also forgot the hpi check which I also had to chase up and they also forgot to fill the bike up with fuel which was apart of the package overall ok but not the best experience with my first time dealership also wanted to charge me £60.00 for oil change which takes 1L of oil bit pricey for 30 mins work
Hi Jamie, We are sorry to see that on this occasion you have only been able to leave us a 2 star review and having spoken with the branch manager regarding your comments, we were unaware of any discontentment and believed any outstanding issues had been resolved to your satisfaction. We greatly value your custom and hope that you will return to us in the future.
Usually your car gets washed and hoovered when work is carried out on the car and it wasn’t. Then it wasn’t completed until last thing of the day at 4:45pm even though you got it first thing in the morning.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 year ago
Went in for winter health check. Invoice stated that courtesy wash and vac had been carried out. I could find no evidence of this as car was washed and waxed immediately prior to going for health check and was splattered with dirt on return to me which, I assume, was due to being taken on a test drive. Dirt on floor inside vehicle indicated it hadn't be vacuumed at all.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Michael, Apologies, but we are unable to find any details of your visit to our dealership on our systems. If you can provide us with further information will certainly look into this for you. You can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com
Generally very happy with the service provided at Huddersfield but I had my annual service & MOT last week and mentioned that both registration bulbs were out... the warning light on the dash was on... I collected the car but when the auto lights came on at dusk ..guess what so did the warning light... it means I now have to make a trip into town to get them replaced... not a big deal but one I shouldn't have to do
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Stuart, We are very sorry to hear this. If you contact Darren (Service Manager) at our Huddersfield Dealership 01484 514954 he will happily arrange for us to collect your vehicle and leave a courtesy car with you whilst we rectify this. Alternatively you can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com and we will arrange this for you. Apologies once again Stuart for the inconvenience that this has caused.
In the past I have bought at least 4 cars from the Huddersfield branch and always enjoyed good service, however,on 21st May I took my Suzuki splash to the Hudds.garage with a suspension problem, it had a broken spring,l arranged for a replacement to be fitted the next day, I was then informed that the front strut needed replacing and could be completed on Friday 25th.
I enquired on Progress to be told they had the wrong strut and as it was bank holiday it would be Wed 30th. I was then told that they had the strut but the top bearing was wrong and it would be Friday 1st, I collected the car at 5.00
On Friday 1st. This was not what I call good service, on two occasions when I enquired on progress of my car I was told,they were busy at the desk,someone will ring back but no one did.
Michael Wood Reg. no MM08MJV.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Mr Wood

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service you recently received especially after having always been happy on your previous visits. After discussing your comments with our Huddersfield service team, it would appear the issue with the parts was a result of a decision to use non-genuine parts in an effort to keep the repair costs as low as possible for you. We have been assured that you were offered a courtesy car to use whilst your vehicle was having the work carried out but did not require one. Please accept our apologies that you were not kept up to date with the progress of the repairs, we appreciate that this along with the delays must have been frustrating for you and your feedback has been passed onto our service team to help us improve in the future.
We went to look at a vitara kuro and the salesman I spoke to on the phone said the car was on 0% finance . when then discussing finance we were informed that there was a deposit of over 3k to put down first this was not said to me over the phone . the salesman was abrupt and didn't seem interested in selling us the car. I was given a poor part x on my car . we were not offered a test drive and the car was parked against a wall so we couldn't get a proper view of it . all in all a poor buying experience at Huddersfield branch.
Hi Mr Winterbottom. Further to your review I believe that the issues were rectified resulting in you going on to purchase a Vitara from our Huddersfield dealership. We're sorry you felt disappointed in your initial contact with us but do hope you are satisfied with the service you went on to receive and of course that you are enjoying your new car!
Unfortunately let down again around promises to be called when car was ready. This is the third time I've had problems with the service department. Spoke through with service manager again and really do hope they make some improvements as it's not matching the excellent sales service at the moment
Hi Phil,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have built our family-style business on a reputation for treating our customers fairly. We value all our customers’ feedback as it helps us to improve our service.

Your feedback has been passed to the branch manager and franchise manager who will discuss further with the service department the areas to improve on with the aim of matching the excellent sales service.
I was told it was 1 hours wait for a new key, a few minutes job. After 45 minutes they had not started the job and it took them another 30 minutes to complete the job. A guy sitting with me had been waiting hours, they should offer better service
Fixed one fault created a new fault and the car was returned 1:30minutes late. The interior of the car also had debris particles over rear carpets and seat
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,360 reviews