Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
customer service
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road

Tell us how Colin Appleyard LTD made you happy
There was no ‘hard sale’ techniques, I felt the staff listened to what we wanted and needed and made sensible suggestions and helped us compare cars- considering current money offers etc
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Karen, Thank you very much for posting a 5 star review! We're very pleased to hear our sales team provided you with great service! We will make sure to let them know. Thanks again for your review.
Very bad customer service worst i ever been
Dear Gilbert,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your issue with the poor customer service you feel you have received from us. We have built our family-style business on a reputation for treating our customers fairly, and we value your feedback as it helps us to improve our service.

Please could we ask you to contact Caroline Bond our complaint handler at c.bond@colinappleyard.com with further information regarding the service you have received, so that we can investigate on your behalf.
They lie lie lie
Hi Shaun,

We're very sorry to receive a 1 star review from you. At Colin Appleyard, we value customer feedback and take all complaints seriously. Could you please contact Caroline Bond our complaint handler at c.bond@colinappleyard.com with more details. We will then be able to investigate further for you.
Very unhappy service. We had a Citroen Nemo which was bought from Appleyards at Huddersfield, as we had a some credit we were told we couldn't exchange, then suddenly we could. Told the car was not worth a penny as the gearbox was damaged & told the new credit company wanted to see the Nemo at appleyards for verification of not worth anything, told they had to have it on their premisis and they would scrap it, now we find it is back on the road, after a new m.o.t & tax, someone is making money off the daily motorist but bet they will decline selling it for any profit at all. Now I have a Suziki Swift on a 13 plate but definitely thinking about further advice on where we stand & what can be done to stop this happening again to anyone.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Chris.

Following your review we believe the Manager of our Huddersfield dealership has been in touch and the matter has been discussed and rectified. We would really appreciate it if you could consider revising your review and hope you will consider dealing with Colin Appleyard Ltd again in the future.
Fantastic service from start to finish from adam. Thank you
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Went for a test drive in a Leaf today we had a 3 pm appointment when we got there we were told they salesman we were to see was busy,another salesman said he would deal with us when he had finished what he was doing,he went to see the first salesman (who I admit was with another couple) an he never even thought to acknowledge us or looked up,he said he would be about 15 minutes,we were sat down and asked all sorts of what I thought were stuff not to do with a test drive,e mail/reg. and value of our current car,we were asked for my licence which unfortunately I had left behind so we could not test drive anyway,we said we might make another appointment and were told I would need my national insurance number as well.The car was for my wife but when we left she told me she was not happy with the way we were treated as she felt that this was a bad sign for any future contact should we buy a car from them.This is not what I have come to expect from a company I have know for so many years.
Dear Mr. Watmough,

We're very sorry to hear you had a poor experience at our Nissan dealership, and we always like to take the time to address complaints from customers.

On arrival at the dealership, it was unfortunate that the salesman you agreed to see was in the middle of a handover with another customer due to unforeseeable delays and was unable to see you. Rather than ask you to come back another time, we arranged for another salesman to see you.

One of the reasons we ask several questions about your current vehicle and driving needs, is to assess which car would be most suitable for you and your budget and as a consequence, that you get the most out of your test drive.

Unfortunately in order for you to take the car out and drive it yourself, we do need to see your drivers licence, so we can cover you under our insurance for the duration of the test drive. The rules have changed regarding driving licenses which is why your national insurance number was required, so that we're able to valid your license online and confirm there are no outstanding penalties or convictions on it. Again this is something required by law.

I'd like to apologise again that you were left feeling unhappy with the experience, but I believe our Sales Manager has been in touch with you as well, and hopefully we've been able to explain our procedure and policy in this instance.
Bought a second hand car off there Shipley branch oil leak in th first day the wing mirror glass blowed off air bag lights are on all the time. power steering leak the sales man lied about how many owners the car had. I have had 2 car in the past off Colin appleyard and had good service from there keighley branch but will not be buying one off them again
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback Mr Smith. We are obviously sorry to hear of your disappointment but believe work has now been carried out to rectify the issues you refer to. If there is anything further you wish to discuss we would ask that you contact our Service Manager Jason Lee direct on 01274 581625.
Bought my new Ignis early March this year and the whole experience was excellent. Love the car very much, its just what I needed. The customer service from Simon and the team in Huddersfield was excellent. Everything about the sale and car was explained very well and made the whole process quite easy. Well done Huddersfield
(Huddersfield) - Posted 7 months ago
Hello Lynne, Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how much you love your New Suzuki Ignis and also that you received excellent customer service from Simon and The Team at our Huddersfield Dealership. Thanks again Lynne, We really do appreciate your feedback.
Great to do business with the folks at the Ashton branch and especially Dean Harrison with his help with my new Motabilty Vitara, plain sailing all the way.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 8 months ago
Hello Mr Price, Thank you very much for the great review. We're really pleased to hear how well you were looked after by the team at our Ashton dealership. Thanks again, We appreciate your feedback and very much hope you enjoy your New Suzuki Vitara.
After dealing with Keighly branch I would strongly reccomend AVOIDING Colin Appleyard. The manager is undeniably rude and has no respect for his customers. A deposit was placed on a nissan note under agreement with staff that the car would be moved to a closer neighbouring franchise to be test driven before completing purchase. After over a week, a call from the manager was received stating they want insurance and tax taken out for them to move the car as the purchase had already been made. When expressed that the purchase was not yet complete and the car needs to be test driven first as agreed with the staff, the manager abruptly stated the staff wouldn't of said that and refused to send the car for a test drive before the purchase was complete. The Manager wanted to complete the purchase before test drive and when it was expressed a test drive was needed, the manager refused to sell the vehicle full stop. Absolutely appalling and shady customer service!! Previous Toyota, Honda and Skoda experience has always been fantastic. But Nissan! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Or at the VERY least, avoid dealing with this branch.
Easy to deal with, friendly and approachable.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this.
Went in for winter health check. Invoice stated that courtesy wash and vac had been carried out. I could find no evidence of this as car was washed and waxed immediately prior to going for health check and was splattered with dirt on return to me which, I assume, was due to being taken on a test drive. Dirt on floor inside vehicle indicated it hadn't be vacuumed at all.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello Michael, Apologies, but we are unable to find any details of your visit to our dealership on our systems. If you can provide us with further information will certainly look into this for you. You can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com
Generally very happy with the service provided at Huddersfield but I had my annual service & MOT last week and mentioned that both registration bulbs were out... the warning light on the dash was on... I collected the car but when the auto lights came on at dusk ..guess what so did the warning light... it means I now have to make a trip into town to get them replaced... not a big deal but one I shouldn't have to do
(Huddersfield) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello Stuart, We are very sorry to hear this. If you contact Darren (Service Manager) at our Huddersfield Dealership 01484 514954 he will happily arrange for us to collect your vehicle and leave a courtesy car with you whilst we rectify this. Alternatively you can contact us at www.colinappleyard.com and we will arrange this for you. Apologies once again Stuart for the inconvenience that this has caused.
Good service, knowledgeable and friendly staff.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 11 months ago
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this, Thanks again.
Very happy
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 11 months ago
Hello Simon, Thanks for posting a 5 star review. We really do appreciate it!
I took my nissan X trail for a minor service as part of the nissan care4 package to the Keighley branch.As someone who usually does regular servicing on my own cars I was rather annoyed to get home after picking the car up to pull out my dipstick to find black oil...not clear....I drained the engine oil to find the oil hadn't been changed at all..over the weekend I changed the oil myself and ran the car for over 50 miles..checked the oil....all clear oil.so Monday I returned to the garage with the evidence in a container to show the gentleman on the service desk..at which point I said does this look like the oil from a newly serviced car to which he said ...yes ..so when nissan Chorley serviced my car the oil was crystal clear for months..Colin appleyard do it and it's as black as when I took it in..and if I had of been paying this would have cost me £219.00 for the pleasure The service manager wasn't back till wedsnday but was told he would contact me on his return.. wedsnday nights here..has he rung...no . absolutely disgusted with the service from this garage.. unfortunately for them I look after my car and do not trust main dealers .to which once again I've been proved right
Having spoken to our Nissan dealership and some of our other service personnel, we have been able to establish that this is a common occurrence with diesel engines. All of our Technicians are factory trained and committed to ensuring work is carried out fully. Our Service Manager also has many years of experience in the motor trade, in particular with the Nissan brand and has tried his best to explain everything to you. We are sorry you felt the need to post this review however we are confident that on this occasion our staff have carried out the work as per your request and as stated in Nissan's servicing schedule.
"Metallurgical analysis of a large number of failed wheeled studs have revealed that all had failed from fatigue rather than overtightening." Yet you charged me £60 for a wheel stud failure because you claimed that I, a 57 yo female, using no more than a wheel brace, could overtighten a bolt sufficiently that I could shear it off using the same wheel brace. Shame on you.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
We are very sorry to see you have left a 1 star review and to hear that you were disappointed with the service you received. Following your comments we have discussed the matter with our Huddersfield dealership who have advised that despite the vehicle in question having a full service history with us, winter tyres were fitted elsewhere. Whilst it is their opinion that the wheel studs may have been over tightened causing the stud to break, they are in no way insinuating that this was done by you. We would like to apologise if there was any confusion in the way this message was communicated to you.
Karl was easy to talk too and handled our purchase very well answering all our questions in easy to understand language very happy with our car
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Maureen - Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. We're very happy to hear you're enjoying your new Suzuki Swift, and that you were well looked after by our salesman Karl. Many thanks
the manager of the keithley motorcyle branch needs sacking he is a disgrace and very unprofessional, because of his actions when i purchased my new motorcycle a month ago i will NEVER buy from there again nor will i recommend it to anyone. the only reason i have been back since is for the 500mile service witch was a rip off at £160 for oil and filter change.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Peter. We are sorry to see you have given us a 1 star review and as such have looked into your comments further. From the information we have been given it would seem you were unhappy with the original valuation we had given for your part-exchange however after further discussions with the Sales Manager this was resolved and you went on to purchase the motorcycle you were interested in. In reference to the cost of the 1st service, again we have looked into this and can confirm the charge is correct and applies to all new bikes. Historically the labour cost of the 600 miles service was covered by the selling dealer however this changed a few years back. We do explain this as part of our handover process when a new bike is collected and an information sheet is included with the pack you receive with your new motorcycle which also explains. We are sorry you do not feel completely satisfied with the service you received from us. Should you wish to make any further comment, we would invite you to address this via email to c.bond@colinappleyard.com
Hi Peter. It was good to see you back in the dealership a few days ago having a service carried out on the bike you purchased from us a few months back. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Picked up my new Bike today , dealt with Mikey Hannon , top bloke great to deal with , would recommend to anyone looking for a new/used bike. 1st class service
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Graham,

It's great to hear from you! We're very pleased to hear you received first class service from our salesman, Mikey, and thank you for leaving a 5 star review and your recommendation!
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.63 based on 997 reviews