Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

DAVID BUXTON
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 17th June 2020
Nigel simpson
John Shields
When comparing a relatives purchase to the purchase we have just made, there was no doubt we got great service. Matthew made the PCP process very simple, including the transfer of the private number plate. All this goes towards why this is the second time we have used Colin Appleyard. Whatever the company does, do not let Matthew leave - he has a great approach to selling cars and dealing with Customers.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We're delighted to hear how pleased you were with the service that you received from Matthew and we will forward your kind words on. Thanks again for your review, we appreciate your support and very much value your business.
There was no ‘hard sale’ techniques, I felt the staff listened to what we wanted and needed and made sensible suggestions and helped us compare cars- considering current money offers etc
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Karen, Thank you very much for posting a 5 star review! We're very pleased to hear our sales team provided you with great service! We will make sure to let them know. Thanks again for your review.
Very bad customer service worst i ever been
Dear Gilbert,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your issue with the poor customer service you feel you have received from us. We have built our family-style business on a reputation for treating our customers fairly, and we value your feedback as it helps us to improve our service.

Please could we ask you to contact Caroline Bond our complaint handler at c.bond@colinappleyard.com with further information regarding the service you have received, so that we can investigate on your behalf.
They lie lie lie
Hi Shaun,

We're very sorry to receive a 1 star review from you. At Colin Appleyard, we value customer feedback and take all complaints seriously. Could you please contact Caroline Bond our complaint handler at c.bond@colinappleyard.com with more details. We will then be able to investigate further for you.
Very unhappy service. We had a Citroen Nemo which was bought from Appleyards at Huddersfield, as we had a some credit we were told we couldn't exchange, then suddenly we could. Told the car was not worth a penny as the gearbox was damaged & told the new credit company wanted to see the Nemo at appleyards for verification of not worth anything, told they had to have it on their premisis and they would scrap it, now we find it is back on the road, after a new m.o.t & tax, someone is making money off the daily motorist but bet they will decline selling it for any profit at all. Now I have a Suziki Swift on a 13 plate but definitely thinking about further advice on where we stand & what can be done to stop this happening again to anyone.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Chris.

Following your review we believe the Manager of our Huddersfield dealership has been in touch and the matter has been discussed and rectified. We would really appreciate it if you could consider revising your review and hope you will consider dealing with Colin Appleyard Ltd again in the future.
Fantastic service from start to finish from adam. Thank you
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 3 years ago
Went for a test drive in a Leaf today we had a 3 pm appointment when we got there we were told they salesman we were to see was busy,another salesman said he would deal with us when he had finished what he was doing,he went to see the first salesman (who I admit was with another couple) an he never even thought to acknowledge us or looked up,he said he would be about 15 minutes,we were sat down and asked all sorts of what I thought were stuff not to do with a test drive,e mail/reg. and value of our current car,we were asked for my licence which unfortunately I had left behind so we could not test drive anyway,we said we might make another appointment and were told I would need my national insurance number as well.The car was for my wife but when we left she told me she was not happy with the way we were treated as she felt that this was a bad sign for any future contact should we buy a car from them.This is not what I have come to expect from a company I have know for so many years.
Dear Mr. Watmough,

We're very sorry to hear you had a poor experience at our Nissan dealership, and we always like to take the time to address complaints from customers.

On arrival at the dealership, it was unfortunate that the salesman you agreed to see was in the middle of a handover with another customer due to unforeseeable delays and was unable to see you. Rather than ask you to come back another time, we arranged for another salesman to see you.

One of the reasons we ask several questions about your current vehicle and driving needs, is to assess which car would be most suitable for you and your budget and as a consequence, that you get the most out of your test drive.

Unfortunately in order for you to take the car out and drive it yourself, we do need to see your drivers licence, so we can cover you under our insurance for the duration of the test drive. The rules have changed regarding driving licenses which is why your national insurance number was required, so that we're able to valid your license online and confirm there are no outstanding penalties or convictions on it. Again this is something required by law.

I'd like to apologise again that you were left feeling unhappy with the experience, but I believe our Sales Manager has been in touch with you as well, and hopefully we've been able to explain our procedure and policy in this instance.
Bought a second hand car off there Shipley branch oil leak in th first day the wing mirror glass blowed off air bag lights are on all the time. power steering leak the sales man lied about how many owners the car had.
I have had 2 car in the past off Colin appleyard and had good service from there keighley branch but will not be buying one off them again
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback Mr Smith. We are obviously sorry to hear of your disappointment but believe work has now been carried out to rectify the issues you refer to. If there is anything further you wish to discuss we would ask that you contact our Service Manager Jason Lee direct on 01274 581625.
Amazing customer service, Tim was really helpful, he explains everything as many times as necessary for me to understand everything, Delivery was on time and bike was not damaged.
Definitely good shop to get your bike.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Hector, Great to hear from you and many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a glowing review. It's great for us to know how well Tim at our motorcycle branch looked after you and we will be sure to forward your kind words on. Thanks again for your review Hector, take care and we hope you enjoy your Honda.
Recently bought a Suzuki S-Cross from Colin Appleyard at Bradford - a simple & straightforward experience
There's no stereotypical pushy car salesmen, it's all very relaxed in the showroom, have a chat about what you've seen, or what you're after and they'll discuss the options
Pricing seemed relatively good IMO, I could have paid more elsewhere for my purchase
The ethos remains that this is a small family business, focused on providing great service to the customer, in the hope that they will return to buy again and/or recommend, as I am now
A good test of a business's values, is how they communicate and treat customers, post-sale - my car had to be returned for a couple of things and I was really pleased how Richard dealt with that. He remained focused on putting things right as quick and easily as possible, minimising the impact to myself.
I rarely right reviews or recommendations, but I thought Colin Appleyard Bradford deserved the positive feedback - happy to recommend them
(Bradford) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Paul, Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how satisfied you are with the service that you have received from the team at our Bradford dealership and as a family run business feedback from our customers is very important as it keeps us striving for the high level of service we always aim to deliver. Thanks again Paul, we really appreciate your support and look forward to providing you with the same great service in the future.
Thank you,did a great job.
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi, Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback. It's great for us to know that you were happy with the service you received from us. Thanks again.
So was quite happy to wait for my service and MOT following lockdown but as I have worked throughout my car was obviously feeling the strain and developed a worrying rattle and squeak. Having contact Colin Appleyard Huddersfield they got my car booked in for the following week, dropped it off at 8am and had the video inspection report before did got back to Sheffield. Car done by 14:30 picked up and all sorted. Thank you Steve
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Jan, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this.
I got my new car a month ago today. Excellent service from Ali and Steve at the Huddersfield branch. I was recommended by a family friend to buy a Suzuki Swift and I haven’t been disappointed! I have recommended Colin Appleyard to my family and friends.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 4 months ago
Hi Stephanie, Good to hear from you and thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback and leave a great review. We're very pleased to hear how happy you are with the service that you have received from Ali & Steve at our Huddersfield dealership and we will forward your kind words on. Thanks again Stephanie, we appreciate your support and would like to wish you many miles of Safe & Enjoyable motoring in your Suzuki Swift.
An OAP Speaking!! Been with Appleyards for years, and never let down all their Colleagues,and i mean ALL are Brilliant,helpful,a delight to know and a pleasure to work with, whether it is Reception,Servicing,Guys behind the front desk and in the Workshop and washing Bay.
I don,t do F/Book,Twitter ,Instagram etc,etc, Regards,Mike T.
Hi, Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind words with us. It's very rewarding for us to hear how satisfied you have been with the service that you have received from all our staff. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again, we appreciate your support and very much value your loyalty.
I have just bought a Goldwing trike from Colin Appleyards in Keighley and as a disabled rider, needed this adapted before delivery. The whole process has been excellent (even allowing for Covid throwing a spanner in the works). Mikey was been great in steering me through the process and keeping me updated. Gary made a brilliant job of adapting the trike for me including designing and building a fantastic system to carry my wheelchair. He also made a great job of altering the brakes and gear change to hand controls! I would certainly recommend them to other riders (including those with a disability). Excellent service from a friendly efficient team.
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020 Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020 Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 13th June 2020
Very many thanks to Tracy and Jason at Bradford.I had to ring the garage to cancel my MOT and service on Wedsdue to illness and just out of hospital.With no hesitation Tracey said my car would be collected and returned.It was returned as promised washed and hovered later in the day by two super guys.
A lovely firm reflected by its staff.
(Bradford) - Posted 8 months ago
Hi, Thanks very much for taking the time to send us your feedback and leave such a glowing review. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again for your review, take care and we wish you well with your recovery.
Ian in the Bradford branch was extremely helpful when I came in to look at one of your vehicles. I have felt happy from start to finish and I love my new car 😁 a much better experience than when I went to Arnold Clark!! I would recommend yourselves 100%
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 7th February 2020
(Bradford) - Posted 9 months ago
Hi Nadine, Many thanks for taking the time to send us you feedback. We're delighted to hear how happy you are with your Peugeot 308 and also the service that you received from Ian. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Enjoy your Peugeot 308 Nadine and thanks very much for choosing and recommending Colin Appleyard.
Bought my new Ignis early March this year and the whole experience was excellent. Love the car very much, its just what I needed. The customer service from Simon and the team in Huddersfield was excellent. Everything about the sale and car was explained very well and made the whole process quite easy. Well done Huddersfield
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Lynne, Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. It's great for us to hear how much you love your New Suzuki Ignis and also that you received excellent customer service from Simon and The Team at our Huddersfield Dealership. Thanks again Lynne, We really do appreciate your feedback.
Great to do business with the folks at the Ashton branch and especially Dean Harrison with his help with my new Motabilty Vitara, plain sailing all the way.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Mr Price, Thank you very much for the great review. We're really pleased to hear how well you were looked after by the team at our Ashton dealership. Thanks again, We appreciate your feedback and very much hope you enjoy your New Suzuki Vitara.
After dealing with Keighly branch I would strongly reccomend AVOIDING Colin Appleyard. The manager is undeniably rude and has no respect for his customers.
A deposit was placed on a nissan note under agreement with staff that the car would be moved to a closer neighbouring franchise to be test driven before completing purchase. After over a week, a call from the manager was received stating they want insurance and tax taken out for them to move the car as the purchase had already been made. When expressed that the purchase was not yet complete and the car needs to be test driven first as agreed with the staff, the manager abruptly stated the staff wouldn't of said that and refused to send the car for a test drive before the purchase was complete.

The Manager wanted to complete the purchase before test drive and when it was expressed a test drive was needed, the manager refused to sell the vehicle full stop.

Absolutely appalling and shady customer service!!

Previous Toyota, Honda and Skoda experience has always been fantastic.
But Nissan! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
Or at the VERY least, avoid dealing with this branch.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,360 reviews