Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

DAVID BUXTON
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 17th June 2020
Nigel simpson
John Shields
The video that you send to customers the background radio need to be turned down as cannot hear the mechanic
Bought a new car recently and staff were very friendly & helpful during the purchase, collection of the car & again a few days later when we returned for the faults within the glass coat finish to be rectified.
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful. Having spoken with Steve we believe that the G3 application has now been rectified. We very much hope you enjoy your New Suzuki Swift and if there is anything further that we can help with please contact us at https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Not happy my key fob for central locking stopped working fitted new battery told it would need reprogramming at a cost of £45 the car is less than 3 years old surely this would be covered under warranty.
Hi, We are sorry to see that on this occasion you have only been able to leave us a 3 star review. Having looked into this we believe the confusion may have come about during a conversation prior to the work where our service advisor made you aware that there could be a possible charge depending on the outcome of the investigation into the fault you reported. We're glad to say this wasn't the case and and can confirm that we do have your vehicle booked in to have the work carried out free of charge under warranty.
My motorcycle had its first service yesterday at the Keighley branch. The staff in the workshop were great. I did not buy my new m/c at Colin Appleyard in Keighley but the first service was £50 more expensive than were I purchased the m/c from. So not very impressed.
Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we're very pleased to hear how great you found the workshop team to be. We have spoken with our motorcycle branch in relation to the pricing of the service that you received on your motorcycle and they did advise that you did received a quotation before any works commenced. Our pricing is in line with the manufactures recommendations and we do our very best to be as competitive as we can. Thanks once again for sharing your thoughts and we do hope we can be of service to you again in the future.
Sorry to say customer service was not very good ,I had to phone several times before someone would phone back or even leave a message.
I only wanted a new key and this took three weeks.
At the end the date as promised.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Eulon, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and apologies that on this occasion we fell short of our usual high standard. Having spoke with Barrie at our Ashton dealership he has confirmed that the key was unfortunately on back order and due to a breakdown in communication you were not advised of this, hence the delay in getting your new key. Apologies once again Eulon, we have taken your comments onboard and thanks very much for bringing this to our attention.
service on DW18OAV 26.8.20
warning light displayed for low tyre pressure 29.8.20 tyre reinflated 29.8.20 and no loss of pressure following day.
Car washed, excluding tyres. Interior not valeted. Recently oil warning light came on after covring 2000 miles in 12 months and Jason Lee was good enough to voluntee to reset it if i brought the car in.
Hi Louis, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - your feedback is important & allows us to ensure a continual improvement in the services we provide. Having spoken with Jason our Service Manager he has advised that following a conversation with yourself all has now been explained and if you would like to contact Jason on 01274 581625 opt 2 he will be happy to arrange for your vehicle to be washed off.
Unfortunately my MOT was booked in for tomorrow 1st of July, which has been booked in for a good few weeks, but when I phoned last week to arrange the pick up which was talked about, you guest it, they don’t have enough staff & I am to far away, I was also promised to get a warranty check before the MOT, oh we won’t have time to do this ? Wonder what it means by we look after our customers
Matt spent little time with us. Making us get the impression that he thought we we wasting his time. Bought a car from elsewhere that day.
The sale person was very helpful, there px was the lowest I’d received from the dealers I visited
The customer service was good. I was unhappy with the delivery my car was 7 days late due to manager error this left me without a car. When I asked for a courtesy car in replacement I never got one leaving me to hire for a week unexpectedly.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our Ashton dealership. We are sorry to hear about the delays with the delivery of your vehicle which on investigation do appear to have been down to clerical errors for which we can only apologise. From discussing your comments with the branch it would seem there may have been some confusion regarding the loan of a vehicle as the sales team were under the impression you did have alternative transport & were not aware this was a hired vehicle. In these circumstances we would wherever possible provide a courtesy car for use so again apologise for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. Should you wish to discuss this any further please contact Simon Ambler, the manager of our Ashton dealership, on 0161 330 5148.
I am now on my 6th Suziki car from Colin Appleyard Ashton-Under-Lyne.
Over eight years I have always received excellent customer service which is second to none and also a fair trading price against a new vehicle.
Originally dealt with Brian who left then Dean Harrison took over both excellent people to deal with. Their knowledge and expertise helped in deciding which car to choose.
Moved from Ashton Under Lyne to Cleveleys nearly three years ago and
and still go back to Colin Appleyard Ashton that is how good they are.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Purchasing vehicle was professionally done. Had to wait a day for finance to be confirmed then was a few more days wait to pick up the car. Was excited to wake up and get my car but on the day I was told I couldn't due to a problem with getting road tax. No apology given the next day when I eventually picked the car up. I then had a problem with the infotainment system voice recognition which was not fixed the first time. Over a week later the car was taken back and did get fixed. I was offered a pick up and courtesy car on this occasion which was great but overall I had been inconvenienced on three occasions.
Really good service from both the sales people who demonstrated the car and did the paperwork. A nice experience and thank you for the wine. Cars great too!!
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Tina, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, We're really pleased to hear how happy you are with your Suzuki Vitara. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again.
Bought a secondhand Qashqai from the Nissan dealership in keighley a couple of months ago, found an issue with the windscreen shortly after picking the car up, the manager of the dealership and the service manager had the issue fully resolved, without any fuss or quibbling. Excellent service from Wayne the sales person also. The cars been brilliant, would recommend this dealership to anyone.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hello Andy, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again.
Always had good service from this company, but this time the service is below its normal standard. Had a text message from the Keighley office advising me that my car was scheduled to be serviced so I phoned them and I was told that the person was on the phone and they would call me back. They did not call me back so later the next day I contacted the Bradford branch who was unable to deal with my request because no one was answering the phone and they would call me back. I would always give this company a 5 stars but this time I have only given 3 stars.
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had in trying to contact our service department. In recent times the volume of calls we are receiving to the business has increased and as a result we are now in the process of installing a new phone system which will help us to direct calls more efficiently with the aim of providing a better experience for our customers. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure we discuss this with our team to avoid this happening again.
I booked my SX4 in for a service at Colin Appleyard Huddersfield. The service itself was fine and I have no issues with it. I was offered a courtesy car for the day which I accepted. At no time was I EVER informed that there would be a cost involved. On checking my receipt when I returned home I was extremely unhappy to discover I had been charged £35.10 for "Loan Vehicle Insurance". One very unhappy customer
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Jane, Thank you for your feedback, having spoken with the service department at Huddersfield they have told me that the charge of £35.10 was for synthetic engine oil and a charge of £8.33 + VAT had been made to cover the insurance cost of the loan vehicle, please accept our sincere apologies that this cost had not been previously mentioned to you and as this was an error on our behalf we have now reimbursed you.
Not happy with service wasted a morning had to wait to be told I could not have our car till Monday yet you had all the money for the car told I could have a loan car which was fine but why could I not have our car no sorry not happy
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 years ago
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you suffered which was due to an administration error on our part. Having spoken to Matthew who looked after you, he has confirmed that we arranged delivery of the car to you and as a token of our appreciation for your understanding provided a full tank of fuel. We hope that the car is to your satisfaction and if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I feel cheated by the p/x on my Micra.....one yr rd side assistance ...when I've always had three yrs on buying new Nissan's....sorry about this revue but I assume you want the truth so there it is....
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Nigel. We're sorry to hear your disappointment at the roadside assistance however as long as you return to an authorised Suzuki garage for your service, this can be extended up to the car being 15 years old! Your Suzuki does also come with a full 3 year manufacturer warranty. Apologies if this wasn't explained to you. Further details can be found at https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-your-suzuki/roadside-assistance/
Following excellent sales experience felt let down by poor communication with service department when we booked car in for some investigation. Car was not ready when we were told it was leading to an unnecessary delay. The service manager accepted and apologised but this is not first time I've had problems which haven't been representative of the normal levels of excellent service and customer care we have come to expect and receive at the branch. I am taking manager to his word and genuinely hope that these were isolated incidents.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Phil,

We’d like to apologise again for the unusually low level of service you received. I believe you’ve already spoken with our service manager who has given you reassurances that this will not happen again as we greatly value your custom. Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Excellent customer service, the sales guy told me about the car, and any deals that were available at the time, yes I did end up buying a car, a real big thank you to, Shahpal Yaqoob, no pressure, just details, thanks, Tony, Baildon.
(Shipley) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi,

We're very pleased to hear you received excellent service from our sales executive, Shahpal.

Thanks again for your review, and if there is anything we can do to assist you further, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,360 reviews