Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
customer service
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road

Tell us how Colin Appleyard LTD made you happy
Matt spent little time with us. Making us get the impression that he thought we we wasting his time. Bought a car from elsewhere that day.
The sale person was very helpful, there px was the lowest I’d received from the dealers I visited
The customer service was good. I was unhappy with the delivery my car was 7 days late due to manager error this left me without a car. When I asked for a courtesy car in replacement I never got one leaving me to hire for a week unexpectedly.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 7 months ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our Ashton dealership. We are sorry to hear about the delays with the delivery of your vehicle which on investigation do appear to have been down to clerical errors for which we can only apologise. From discussing your comments with the branch it would seem there may have been some confusion regarding the loan of a vehicle as the sales team were under the impression you did have alternative transport & were not aware this was a hired vehicle. In these circumstances we would wherever possible provide a courtesy car for use so again apologise for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused. Should you wish to discuss this any further please contact Simon Ambler, the manager of our Ashton dealership, on 0161 330 5148.
I am now on my 6th Suziki car from Colin Appleyard Ashton-Under-Lyne. Over eight years I have always received excellent customer service which is second to none and also a fair trading price against a new vehicle. Originally dealt with Brian who left then Dean Harrison took over both excellent people to deal with. Their knowledge and expertise helped in deciding which car to choose. Moved from Ashton Under Lyne to Cleveleys nearly three years ago and and still go back to Colin Appleyard Ashton that is how good they are.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 8 months ago
Purchasing vehicle was professionally done. Had to wait a day for finance to be confirmed then was a few more days wait to pick up the car. Was excited to wake up and get my car but on the day I was told I couldn't due to a problem with getting road tax. No apology given the next day when I eventually picked the car up. I then had a problem with the infotainment system voice recognition which was not fixed the first time. Over a week later the car was taken back and did get fixed. I was offered a pick up and courtesy car on this occasion which was great but overall I had been inconvenienced on three occasions.
Really good service from both the sales people who demonstrated the car and did the paperwork. A nice experience and thank you for the wine. Cars great too!!
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 10 months ago
Hello Tina, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, We're really pleased to hear how happy you are with your Suzuki Vitara. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again.
Bought a secondhand Qashqai from the Nissan dealership in keighley a couple of months ago, found an issue with the windscreen shortly after picking the car up, the manager of the dealership and the service manager had the issue fully resolved, without any fuss or quibbling. Excellent service from Wayne the sales person also. The cars been brilliant, would recommend this dealership to anyone.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 year ago
Hello Andy, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. As a company we pride ourselves on providing great customer service and it's nice to hear you have experienced this. Thanks again.
Always had good service from this company, but this time the service is below its normal standard. Had a text message from the Keighley office advising me that my car was scheduled to be serviced so I phoned them and I was told that the person was on the phone and they would call me back. They did not call me back so later the next day I contacted the Bradford branch who was unable to deal with my request because no one was answering the phone and they would call me back. I would always give this company a 5 stars but this time I have only given 3 stars.
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had in trying to contact our service department. In recent times the volume of calls we are receiving to the business has increased and as a result we are now in the process of installing a new phone system which will help us to direct calls more efficiently with the aim of providing a better experience for our customers. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure we discuss this with our team to avoid this happening again.
I booked my SX4 in for a service at Colin Appleyard Huddersfield. The service itself was fine and I have no issues with it. I was offered a courtesy car for the day which I accepted. At no time was I EVER informed that there would be a cost involved. On checking my receipt when I returned home I was extremely unhappy to discover I had been charged £35.10 for "Loan Vehicle Insurance". One very unhappy customer
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Jane, Thank you for your feedback, having spoken with the service department at Huddersfield they have told me that the charge of £35.10 was for synthetic engine oil and a charge of £8.33 + VAT had been made to cover the insurance cost of the loan vehicle, please accept our sincere apologies that this cost had not been previously mentioned to you and as this was an error on our behalf we have now reimbursed you.
Not happy with service wasted a morning had to wait to be told I could not have our car till Monday yet you had all the money for the car told I could have a loan car which was fine but why could I not have our car no sorry not happy
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you suffered which was due to an administration error on our part. Having spoken to Matthew who looked after you, he has confirmed that we arranged delivery of the car to you and as a token of our appreciation for your understanding provided a full tank of fuel. We hope that the car is to your satisfaction and if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
I feel cheated by the p/x on my Micra.....one yr rd side assistance ...when I've always had three yrs on buying new Nissan's....sorry about this revue but I assume you want the truth so there it is....
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Nigel. We're sorry to hear your disappointment at the roadside assistance however as long as you return to an authorised Suzuki garage for your service, this can be extended up to the car being 15 years old! Your Suzuki does also come with a full 3 year manufacturer warranty. Apologies if this wasn't explained to you. Further details can be found at https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-your-suzuki/roadside-assistance/
Following excellent sales experience felt let down by poor communication with service department when we booked car in for some investigation. Car was not ready when we were told it was leading to an unnecessary delay. The service manager accepted and apologised but this is not first time I've had problems which haven't been representative of the normal levels of excellent service and customer care we have come to expect and receive at the branch. I am taking manager to his word and genuinely hope that these were isolated incidents.
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi Phil,

We’d like to apologise again for the unusually low level of service you received. I believe you’ve already spoken with our service manager who has given you reassurances that this will not happen again as we greatly value your custom. Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Excellent customer service, the sales guy told me about the car, and any deals that were available at the time, yes I did end up buying a car, a real big thank you to, Shahpal Yaqoob, no pressure, just details, thanks, Tony, Baildon.
(Shipley) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi,

We're very pleased to hear you received excellent service from our sales executive, Shahpal.

Thanks again for your review, and if there is anything we can do to assist you further, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Disappointed with service this time. I needed a new battery in the spare key, was charged for one but it did not work. Staff knew it did not work when they returned the car. Went back to the garage this morning and was told it was a dud one. Car was not valeted at all. Not your usual standard.
Hi,

We sincerely apologise for the low level of service you received.

We believe you’ve now spoken to our service manager and are happy with the resolution you came to with him.

Once again, we apologise and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.
I was informed on the phone prior to booking that minor service & mot would take 2-4 hrs. If I brought car in for 8:30, they would try & have it fine for closer to 2 hr mark. When I turned up, lady behind counter questioned I was waiting as not Aline could be 2-4 hrs. I explained not been told that on phone, I live 20 miles away with limited transport links had to get train back &retirn. Communication poor
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, and we apologise for any miscommunication on our part. We take all complaints seriously and will look into this further and be back in touch.
""I purchased a Suzuki GSXR 750 motor bike from your Keighley branch about a month ago Reg number GF60VXB. On my first ride out the handle bar grip nearly came off and the bar end was missing. I checked the bike over when I received it so I missed it or it fell off when I road it the day I received it. I spoke with the sales man for two days about this and finally I turned up at your shop and we took one out of a similar bike. While at your shop I spoke to your team about this matter and its severity and was dismissed and told it happens. The bar end should not have come off and the grip should be glued on. If I had crashed because the grip had come off, the day I get the bike things could be a bit different now but your team were not interested. The clutch lever had too much cable slack and the throttle had excessive play too and the front brake was stiff and felt like the pads had glazed over giving little feel. I mentioned this and was told they had been looked at and all was as it should be. I know you have trained mechanics, but I have road raced and raced motocross for years since I was 10 years old now 50 and I know how a bike should feel, so after the bar end and grip problem I think you were just having me on and you never looked what I asked you to. Sorry but you asked for feedback and I have given you it, thanks Mr Burnett any problems Tel 07906273792 or email mick.burnett20@gmail.com
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 2 years ago
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your feedback and we apologise for the problems you encountered with your bike.

The staff at our Keighley bikes branch have been informed and we’ll look into this further and come back to you in due course.
The loan car wasn't ready for collection despite ordering several weeks beforehand. When one was found it didn't have any fuel in. I made a list of several things I had problems with over the year but when I collected the car I was told that the problems I'd identified were not problems. US driven the car for a year so I felt I was in a good posistion to note any issues
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 years ago
This would have been an excellent review but I am so disappointed. My car went in for it's 2 year service and all went smoothly. Dropped my car off, picked up the hire car(almost empty tank) returned the following day, paid and off I went. It was then that I read the receipt where I found I had been charged £2.50 for screen wash which is rather weird as I had filled the bottle myself the day before it went in, so unless they had drained my Shell All Weather screen wash and refilled with theirs then it begs the question what else have I been charged for that hasn't been done! I know £2.50 isn't a lot of money but it's the principle.
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 3 years ago
Overall good, the first bloke I delt with Simon was a top bloke, how ever after him had a few issues. I was promised a bottle of wine with my car which I never got, but that's nothing really. I was promised a full tank of fuel which I did not get. But the main issue was i was contacted by the dvla saying that I was not the keeper for my Nissan after a few weeks of buying it. And another was the tax refund for said Nissan. Basically someone in the office had fluffed up moving my private reg. They have stated that some from the garage has filled something out wrong and I am not the keeper at the min and it is not taxed. Which means me and my son have been driving around in something that is not insured as I was not the keeper not taxes and it was displaying the wrong plates. Made things worse ca knew about this and did not tell me.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Richard,

I believe you've spoken to a few members of our team on the issues you've raised in your review, and I'm told that you're happy that everything has now been rectified.

Once again, we can only apologise for the mixup with the DVLA. If there is anything else we can help with, or if you have any further queries - don't hesitate to get back in touch.
Generally our experience was good at Huddersfield however we feel let down by discovering that they had MOT'd the car 3 months earlier than required after saying they would contact us when it needed doing. The promised follow up call was not received and we suspect that the mpg reading on the car may have been achieved on a rolling road and not the open highway.
(Huddersfield) - Posted 3 years ago
Hi Trish,

I'm sorry your experience at Colin Appleyard didn't meet your expectations. We take all comments & criticisms seriously, so I have passed your message on to our Sales Manager at Huddersfield who will give you a call in due course. We believe the sales person who dealt with you and your Suzuki Splash didn't explain the situation with the MOT clearly as we were trying to save you a trip back in 3 months time to MOT it, so Ali will call you to go through that

With regards to the vehicle MPG, this is something stated by Suzuki and as such, we have no control over I'm afraid. Suzuki state on their website & marketing materials that "Fuel consumption figures are based on an EU test for comparative purposes only and may not reflect the real driving results". Weather conditions, driving style, journey type etc. are all factors that affect MPG, which is why they state that the figure is for comparative purposes only.

Again, I can only apologise for us having not met your expectations with your vehicle purchase. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.63 based on 997 reviews