Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD

About Colin Appleyard LTD: Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road

How would you rate Colin Appleyard LTD?

Liz Ripard
"Friendly and efficient."
Andrea
"From the start of the negotiations,you handled it all very professionally and courteously..First class service."
"I've had 2 Swift Sport's from Colin Appleyard now, and despite a few hiccups with the 2nd car, their service department have been amazingly helpful. I'd recommend the Swift Sport and Colin Appleyard to anyone."
"They were extreamly helpfull and I liked them so much I ordered another motability car from them , I went to pick it up this morning and recieved a little box of chocolates as a thank you .Adam Harrow from the keighley branch was fantastic throughout and his honest and approachable manner didn't go unnoticed thanks again. Phil."
"just bought a seat ibiza from Simon at Colin appleyard in Huddersfield and I'm over the moon with it. Simon was fantastic throughout the sale and his honest and approachable manner didn't go un noticed thanks again aran"
Hi Aran,

This is wonderful to hear! We're so happy you are over the moon with your new car, and we'll pass your comments onto Simon. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Andrew Harper
Verified Reviewer
"I have been buying cars for virtually fifty years and without doubt my latest purchase, which was an S Cross Automatic from the Shipley site, was the best experience yet. The attention and care we received from Ashley Rhodes was of the highest quality and there was nothing I could fault. If it is possible to describe buying a car as pleasurable this was as near as it gets."
Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We're very happy to hear you had such an enjoyable experience purchasing your new S-Cross from our Shipley branch. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and will pass your comments onto Ashley.
"Just want to say what a fantastic service I received from Tim @ this dealership, considering I was over 200 miles away and everything was done via phone and email. the description and the photos of the bike were 100% spot on. Would highly recommend this dealership and I would use again if they had the bike I was looking for. Thanks to Tim and everyone at Colin Appleyard. David P.s even the Coffee out of the machine was good :)"
Thank you so much for the 5 star review David - we have passed your comments over to our motorcycle branch and to salesman Tim.
Nichola Wilson
"Brilliant service"
Hi Nichola,

Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review! It's fantastic to hear you received brilliant service. Thanks again!
"Just like to say a bye bye to Barry, I came in to buy a motorbike and finished up with a Goldwing!, with talking to Barry I was hooked! what a lovely fella, very friendly and knowledgeable, I hope he has a great retirement and keeps well, thank you Barry and take care, the shop wont be the same now your not there, Best Regards Gordon"
Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such kind words. We will make sure your review is passed onto Barry.

Thanks again!
"The Service desk staff were very friendly and efficient My Qashqai’s been Serviced since we bought him at the Keighley branch and they remember us each visit Good service from those behind the scenes doing the servicing and repairs as well"
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback!
"Nothing too much bother. So easy to get any little problems sorted. All staff very helpful and easy to approach and not over powering."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Sue,

Thanks for posting a 5 star review. We really do appreciate it! It's great to hear you received helpful & friendly service from all our staff. Thanks again!
Neil Hopkinson
Verified Reviewer
"I've had my new Subaru Forester just over a week and I'm very pleased with it. The service from Colin Appleyard has been excellent. A big thanks to Robin and Simon Morley."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review. We're very happy to hear you're enjoying your new Subaru Forester, and that you were well looked after by our salesman, Simon. Many thanks.
Christopher Smith
Unverified Reviewer
"Can I have a cheap car please"
Hi Christopher,

I hope you’re well!

Thank you very much for your 5 star review and enquiry.

We currently have lots of great offers on at the moment, including 0% finance with No deposit on all new Suzuki models.

We also have a selection of used and pre-registration vehicles, with fantastic customer savings and low rate finance.

Please feel free to take a closer look at our current offers via our website.

For more details, please feel free to contact any of our dealerships or pop down to discuss with one of our sales executives over a nice cup of tea!
"I feel cheated by the p/x on my Micra.....one yr rd side assistance ...when I've always had three yrs on buying new Nissan's....sorry about this revue but I assume you want the truth so there it is...."
Hi Nigel. We're sorry to hear your disappointment at the roadside assistance however as long as you return to an authorised Suzuki garage for your service, this can be extended up to the car being 15 years old! Your Suzuki does also come with a full 3 year manufacturer warranty. Apologies if this wasn't explained to you. Further details can be found at https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-your-suzuki/roadside-assistance/
Fraser Lovatt
Verified Buyer
"Chris (Service Reception) customer service was very strong. Gave me a clear update and I was clear on the options available to me. However, I do think there’s an opportunity to freshen up the dealership. Lots of posters / messages about : are these all up to date / relevant?"
Hi Fraser,

Thanks for leaving a 5 star review. We really appreciate it!

It's great to hear you were so well looked after by our service manager, Chris, at our Nissan branch. We will make sure to let Chris know, and thank you for your feedback.
Natalie Mason
Verified Reviewer
"A massive thank you to Adam Harrow who helped me choose the perfect car. Adam was very helpful & informative & I was very happy with my whole experience at Colin Appleyard."
Hi Natalie,

Thank you very much for posting a 5 star review! We're very pleased to hear our sales executive, Adam, provided you with great service! We will make sure to let Adam know. Thanks again for your review.
Geoff And Wendy Hudson, Harrogate
Verified Reviewer
"Car in for service on Thursday - due at 8.30am - due to snow we arrived at 10.15am!! The staff were excellent as usual - friendly, competent and very helpful. We even commented that "like a family" is exactly what we have found everyone who works there to be! When we arrived back to collect the car, nothing was too much trouble and the service staff went through everything with us. Everyone at Keighley is excellent."
Hi Geoff & Wendy,

It's great to hear from you, and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. It's fantastic to receive your feedback regarding your experience with Colin Appleyard. We're very pleased to hear the service our staff provided made you feel like family! Thanks again.
"We have bought a 12 month old Vitara from your Huddersfield field branch and found oval a very good experience, we had the car coated with Gen-3 Glasscoat, the car shines like new but the feel of the car is like fine sandpaper and not smoother than the original paint as claimed by the product manufacturer. We are very disappointed with this product and now wish we had not wasted our money on it. We returned the car to be told this is the normal finish of the product and there is nothing wrong with it. I believe the product has not been applied correctly as there is a car in the showroom done with Gen-3 and it has a lovely smooth finish, we are very disappointed now. This is my wife's car and she is rather upset.I have been a customer of Colin Appleyards for over 30 years mainly on the motorcycle side being friends with Colin and Robin, I will be meeting both Peggy and Robin at Donninton at Easter as I am a BSB marshal and spend time with them in the paddock, the last thing I wish to talk about is this experience but I will."
Hi Mr Taylor,

We're sorry to receive a 1 star review from you. We believe our sales executive, Christian, has already been in contact with your wife regarding this, and thought the issue had been resolved. We have informed the Huddersfield branch of your review, and our sales manager, Ali, will be calling you to discuss further.
Mr Eric Fazackerley
Verified Buyer
"Warm friendly reception, requirement details handled in businesslike fashion & good estimate of length of time to complete the work. Work completed in good time, advised by telephone ."
Hi Mr Fazackerley,

Thank you very much for posting a 5 star review.

We're very pleased to hear you received friendly, professional and efficient service.
"Excellent service . They went the extra mile to help their clients . They were the only garage in the area that had bothered to clear its forecourt of ice and snow ."
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review. It really is appreciated. It's great to hear you received excellent service!
"Unfortunately let down again around promises to be called when car was ready. This is the third time I've had problems with the service department. Spoke through with service manager again and really do hope they make some improvements as it's not matching the excellent sales service at the moment"
Hi Phil,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have built our family-style business on a reputation for treating our customers fairly. We value all our customers’ feedback as it helps us to improve our service.

Your feedback has been passed to the branch manager and franchise manager who will discuss further with the service department the areas to improve on with the aim of matching the excellent sales service.
Martin Whitaker
Verified Buyer
"Great service and friendly staff"
Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for posting a 5 star review. We're very pleased to hear you received great service!

Thanks again!
"This is the second Suzuki car I have bought from Colin Appleyard in the past 12 months as I was so impressed with not only the cars, for the value for money, but the sales staff, Ian Chittenden, was extremely helpful and nothing seemed to much of a problem and I was kept informed of progress throughout the purchase process. I have only had one experience of the after sales service but that too seems very customer orientated. Very happy thank you!!"
(Shipley) - Posted 1 month ago
Hi Ian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback and 5 star review! It's really great to hear you were so well looked after by our sales executive, Ian, and the rest of team at our Shipley branch. Thank you for being a loyal Colin Appleyard customer, and thanks again for your review!
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.59 based on 605 reviews