Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD

About Colin Appleyard LTD: Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Cornmill Garage, Halifax Road

How would you rate Colin Appleyard LTD ?

Liz Ripard
"Friendly and efficient."
Andrea
"From the start of the negotiations,you handled it all very professionally and courteously..First class service."
"I've had 2 Swift Sport's from Colin Appleyard now, and despite a few hiccups with the 2nd car, their service department have been amazingly helpful. I'd recommend the Swift Sport and Colin Appleyard to anyone."
"Dealt with without any pressure and in a very professional manner."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you very much for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback and will make sure we pass your comments over to Karl and the Huddersfield Team.
"Took my car in for my free lifetime MOT and was charged £145 for a set of front brake pads!!! Total rip off for one set of pads."
Hi,

We would like to look into this matter further for you, but without additional details I'm afraid we cannot provide a response as to the cost of the front brake pads. Please could you get back to us via enquiries@colinappleyard.com with either your full name, postcode or car registration. Many thanks.
"In the past I have bought at least 4 cars from the Huddersfield branch and always enjoyed good service, however,on 21st May I took my Suzuki splash to the Hudds.garage with a suspension problem, it had a broken spring,l arranged for a replacement to be fitted the next day, I was then informed that the front strut needed replacing and could be completed on Friday 25th. I enquired on Progress to be told they had the wrong strut and as it was bank holiday it would be Wed 30th. I was then told that they had the strut but the top bearing was wrong and it would be Friday 1st, I collected the car at 5.00 On Friday 1st. This was not what I call good service, on two occasions when I enquired on progress of my car I was told,they were busy at the desk,someone will ring back but no one did. Michael Wood Reg. no MM08MJV."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Hello Mr Wood

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service you recently received especially after having always been happy on your previous visits. After discussing your comments with our Huddersfield service team, it would appear the issue with the parts was a result of a decision to use non-genuine parts in an effort to keep the repair costs as low as possible for you. We have been assured that you were offered a courtesy car to use whilst your vehicle was having the work carried out but did not require one. Please accept our apologies that you were not kept up to date with the progress of the repairs, we appreciate that this along with the delays must have been frustrating for you and your feedback has been passed onto our service team to help us improve in the future.
"They took the time to listen to what I wanted and offerred lots of ideas and suggestions without being pushy. Everything was ready at the time it was arranged for. Really simple and straightforward from start to finish."
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Just had my aprilia delivered .....the service was excellent ,couldn't fault it .kept me informed the whole way .great service .would come back .kind regards ray .very happy man"
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hello Ray, Thank you so much for the 5 star review and kind words - we really appreciate it and will pass your comments over to our motorcycle branch and to salesman Tim.
Mike And Susan Bourne
Verified Reviewer
"All the staff were very helpful and pleasant, especially Daniel Northfield who was exceptional. The car was ready on the date specified and we were even picked up from the railway station. A trouble free experience from start to finish on the purchase of our new Vitara. We would recommend Colin Appleyard to anyone interested in buying a new or used vehicle. Our sincere thanks goes to the entire Keighley Team."
(Keighley Suzuki) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Replacement front brakes completed in the timescales promised; car cleaned; very pleasant/personable staff member conducting the collection/return process; equally pleasant office staff dealing with payment etc."
"Simple the best...... What more can i say."
Olivia Wilson
Verified Buyer
"Amazing service from Colin Appleyard. I phoned up panicked as my car had gone into limp mode. The garage were very calming and re assured me that my car would get fixed. They fixed my car within 1 day and kept me informed. Would highly recommend!"
(Huddersfield) - Posted 1 month ago
Hello Olivia, Thanks for posting a 5 star review. We really do appreciate it! It's great to hear you received helpful & friendly service from our staff. Thanks again!
Andrew Briggs
Verified Buyer
"Just wanted to drop you a note to say thank you for the fantastic service we received a couple of weeks ago at the Shipley branch. As we were traveling up from Crewe, your salesman suggested he could arrange for our test drive in the morning, so he could get the car MOT'd and taxed in time for us to take the car home in the afternoon, if we were happy with the car (saving us a second trip). Everything worked a treat, the car was spotless (and cheaper than FOW), and by 3:30 we were heading home in our new car. Thanks again"
(Shipley) - Posted 1 month ago
Linda Harrison
Verified Reviewer
"Friendly, professional approach. All questions answered and all paperwork taken care of Very easy to deal with ."
(Shipley) - Posted 1 month ago
Mr Winterbottom
Verified Buyer
"We went to look at a vitara kuro and the salesman I spoke to on the phone said the car was on 0% finance . when then discussing finance we were informed that there was a deposit of over 3k to put down first this was not said to me over the phone . the salesman was abrupt and didn't seem interested in selling us the car. I was given a poor part x on my car . we were not offered a test drive and the car was parked against a wall so we couldn't get a proper view of it . all in all a poor buying experience at Huddersfield branch."
Hi Mr Winterbottom. Further to your review I believe that the issues were rectified resulting in you going on to purchase a Vitara from our Huddersfield dealership. We're sorry you felt disappointed in your initial contact with us but do hope you are satisfied with the service you went on to receive and of course that you are enjoying your new car!
"They were extreamly helpfull and I liked them so much I ordered another motability car from them , I went to pick it up this morning and recieved a little box of chocolates as a thank you .Adam Harrow from the keighley branch was fantastic throughout and his honest and approachable manner didn't go unnoticed thanks again. Phil."
"just bought a seat ibiza from Simon at Colin appleyard in Huddersfield and I'm over the moon with it. Simon was fantastic throughout the sale and his honest and approachable manner didn't go un noticed thanks again aran"
(Huddersfield) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Aran,

This is wonderful to hear! We're so happy you are over the moon with your new car, and we'll pass your comments onto Simon. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Andrew Harper
Verified Reviewer
"I have been buying cars for virtually fifty years and without doubt my latest purchase, which was an S Cross Automatic from the Shipley site, was the best experience yet. The attention and care we received from Ashley Rhodes was of the highest quality and there was nothing I could fault. If it is possible to describe buying a car as pleasurable this was as near as it gets."
(Shipley) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. We're very happy to hear you had such an enjoyable experience purchasing your new S-Cross from our Shipley branch. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and will pass your comments onto Ashley.
"Just want to say what a fantastic service I received from Tim @ this dealership, considering I was over 200 miles away and everything was done via phone and email. the description and the photos of the bike were 100% spot on. Would highly recommend this dealership and I would use again if they had the bike I was looking for. Thanks to Tim and everyone at Colin Appleyard. David P.s even the Coffee out of the machine was good :)"
Thank you so much for the 5 star review David - we have passed your comments over to our motorcycle branch and to salesman Tim.
Nichola Wilson
"Brilliant service"
(Ashton-under-Lyne) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Nichola,

Thank you very much for leaving a 5 star review! It's fantastic to hear you received brilliant service. Thanks again!
"Just like to say a bye bye to Barry, I came in to buy a motorbike and finished up with a Goldwing!, with talking to Barry I was hooked! what a lovely fella, very friendly and knowledgeable, I hope he has a great retirement and keeps well, thank you Barry and take care, the shop wont be the same now your not there, Best Regards Gordon"
(Keighley Motorcycles) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Gordon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such kind words. We will make sure your review is passed onto Barry.

Thanks again!
"The Service desk staff were very friendly and efficient My Qashqai’s been Serviced since we bought him at the Keighley branch and they remember us each visit Good service from those behind the scenes doing the servicing and repairs as well"
(Keighley Nissan) - Posted 2 months ago
Hi Phil,

Thank you very much for the great review. We really do appreciate your feedback!
"Nothing too much bother. So easy to get any little problems sorted. All staff very helpful and easy to approach and not over powering."
(Huddersfield) - Posted 3 months ago
Hi Sue,

Thanks for posting a 5 star review. We really do appreciate it! It's great to hear you received helpful & friendly service from all our staff. Thanks again!
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.58 based on 617 reviews