Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

Andy Wakeman
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 8th March 2020
Chris
More Photos & Videos
When comparing a relatives purchase to the purchase we have just made, there was no doubt we got great service. Matthew made the PCP process very simple, including the transfer of the private number plate. All this goes towards why this is the second time we have used Colin Appleyard. Whatever the company does, do not let Matthew leave - he has a great approach to selling cars and dealing with Customers.
Feeling very disappointed with the customer service and attitude experienced by my husband and his cousin at the Ashton branch of Colin Appleyard today. They walked away feeling like they had been the subject of indirect racism by the finance manager. They were told they couldn't have the car before they even sat at a chair to do the credit check. Which our cousin would have passed with flying colours I hasten to add. Rest assured that this will not end here. An official complaint will be made and I want heads to roll. I won't stop until somebody apologises for how they made two young ethnic minority males feel as they walked away today.
Lack of communication with all channels.
But will still shop there next time.
Hi Angela,

We're sorry to read your negative review. With any complaints we receive we always look into them fully to ensure we're able to address those concerns.

We want to thank you for placing an order for the new Ignis and apologise that at the time we weren't able to calculate any costs for you because it wasn't on the system. When our sales manager came to ring you once those figures were available, he was unaware that you'd left a message a few weeks earlier to cancel your order and for that we do apologise as this was a communication breakdown on our part.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.
Fantastic service from start to finish. I was able to test drive two cars on my visit before settling on the one for me. Staff are very knowledgeable and excelled in their customer relationships. Polite, friendly and courteous. A great big thank you to you all.
Amazing customer service, Tim was really helpful, he explains everything as many times as necessary for me to understand everything, Delivery was on time and bike was not damaged.
Definitely good shop to get your bike.
Friendly, attentive staff, brilliant service, would not hesitate to recommend.
Excellent customer service. Part ex more than reasonable. Car purchased cheaper than elsewhere.
Staff very attentive
.. Karl Madden and Steve "Leeds" today!
Have travelled from Blackpool to Huddersfield to purchase vehicles on a number of occasions over 10 years... Family too. That says it all.
Recently bought a Suzuki S-Cross from Colin Appleyard at Bradford - a simple & straightforward experience
There's no stereotypical pushy car salesmen, it's all very relaxed in the showroom, have a chat about what you've seen, or what you're after and they'll discuss the options
Pricing seemed relatively good IMO, I could have paid more elsewhere for my purchase
The ethos remains that this is a small family business, focused on providing great service to the customer, in the hope that they will return to buy again and/or recommend, as I am now
A good test of a business's values, is how they communicate and treat customers, post-sale - my car had to be returned for a couple of things and I was really pleased how Richard dealt with that. He remained focused on putting things right as quick and easily as possible, minimising the impact to myself.
I rarely right reviews or recommendations, but I thought Colin Appleyard Bradford deserved the positive feedback - happy to recommend them
Recently bought a bike from Tim Clark, he arranged delivery for my new bike and collection off my old bike, excellent service from start to finish. Would recommend.
Wow, what can i say about the staff and service from all at Colin Appleyard, i recently purchased a used Peugeot RCZ from the Bradford branch , the service from start to finish has been outstanding, helpful and informative keeping me updated throughout my purchase, a great price given for my p/ex. Friendly and welcoming greeting upon arrival to collect my new car and ensuring I'm all happy before i left. I was unfortunate enough that the car developed a small fault after a few days, (just one of those things- it does happen) however the service to put this right has been first class, bearing in mind i live over 90miles away from Bradford the team were excellent in resolving the fault for me and ensuring i didn't need to rack up miles to have the car repaired and making sure my enjoyment of the car is not spoilt.
oh - yes i work in the motor trade as well - these guys can teach a few places how to go about things.
Customer Service - Fairing fell off the bike after two rides, told to fix myself because the damage was caused by me???
Price - Paid a lot (6K) no price reduction for a bike that was 'immaculate' upon arrival it had damage.
Basically don't trust this businesses word as it is not a real mans word. Seek another dealership, buying a bike should be a pleasure not stressful. This business makes you seek private sales to avoid the all talk no backbone status. Warranty was guaranteed but never used due not being an engine part. Terrible attitude from Kevin Peeny thanks for the sale now you're on your own at your own expense to fix a bike.
Hi Mr Thomas,

We're sorry to read that you were unhappy with an issue you had with your bike after purchasing it from us. As with any complaint we receive, we always look into it fully to ensure we understand the issues you've raised.

The fairing you refer to is a seat panel which we’re happy was securely attached when you collected the bike. It wasn't removed from the bike but checked during its pre-collection inspection. The bike had also had two prior test rides.

We appreciate that it is very frustrating for something like this to happen only 2 weeks and a number of miles after collecting the bike from us, but it is unfortunately not something which can be covered under warranty for the reasons above.

Customer service is our top priority and we always correct any errors we may make with a customer’s purchase, but in this instance the vehicle left our showroom fully prepped - so we apologise that we couldn't compensate you on this occasion.
Great guys and they know their product
Fabulous collect and return service to reduce the need for contact with others during the current climate. Much appreciated.
Good communication, as always.
Always courteous friendly and knowledgable very helpful
I have just bought my car from Colin Appleyards in Bradford. I have bought cars from them before and the service given is always excellent. They always make sure that everything is dealt with correctly.
Great customer service from Colin Appleyard. The reason I bought from them was because the boss gave me some good advice on a bike I was selling and also made me a fair PX offer.
In the end I sold my bike, but decided to buy from them as they were so helpful. Salesman Tim Clarke was great, and the Suzuki I bought turned out to be in fantastic condition as described.
Will deal with Colin Appleyard again and recommend them highly.
Nick at Colin Appleyard, Ashton under Lyne was most helpful and patient in helping us to find the right vehicle for us. He gave us confidence that we were dealing with an honest and professional organisation. We would recommend his services to anyone wanting to buy a used car.
Frank & Margaret
Customer service and delivery was excellent. Cannot recommend this company too highly.
A car with components that are not fit for purpose.

So I got a lovely new juke in 2017 and I still love it despite the headache that's come along with it.

At 2900 miles when I'd had the car 6 months it went in for timing chain replacement, repaired under warranty. All fine customer service can be sketchy at times a bit abrupt but on the whole nothing to cry about.

History repeats itself, my lovely juke has now done 12,000 miles and is 3 years old and guess what, the timing chain has just been replaced again. Luckily warranty job again.

I wonder how many miles now I'm going to get away with before it happens again, only now it's no longer under warranty anymore so if trend follows a nice big bill at the end of it.

What's the most annoying thing is nissan know about these crappy timing chains and have even recalled some models, so why is it still happening? It gives me very little confidence in the car and it's not as if I drive miles a car that's 3 yrs old that's done 12000 miles is bloody good going !!!!
Hi Emily,

We're sorry to hear that you have had problems with your Nissan Juke.

I have spoken with the service team at our Nissan Dealership and they have informed me that they are confident that the repairs carried out on your vehicle this time have fully resolved the concern.

Unfortunately on some occasions manufacturers have issues with certain components not meeting the rigorous standards expected. With the particular fault you have experienced with your vehicle, the parts that are now being supplied to rectify the concern have been modified to prevent the issue from happening again.

Thank you for using Colin Appleyard and I do hope that you can now enjoy trouble free motoring with your Nissan Juke.
I've nearly always bought subaru, and Colin appleyard have always been excellent and efficient. However when I asked subaru for a brochure before the Covid-19 pandemic, I didn't hear anything afterwards for quite a while. Because of a downturn in trade and people only just getting back to work you'd think that they'd be pushing sales like mad unfortunately the offer was not what I expected, and lacking in certain areas. 😕
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,234 reviews