Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

of reviewers recommend Colin Appleyard LTD
Over 7 Days
Read Colin Appleyard LTD Reviews

About Colin Appleyard LTD:

Established in 1971, Colin Appleyard is a family-style business selling new and used motorcycles and cars and associated parts, accessories and clothing. In the showrooms, on the telephone or online, we have long-serving, knowledgeable staff who understand our products and want to give the best possible service to our customers.

enquiries@colinappleyard.com

DAVID BUXTON
Colin Appleyard LTD 5 star review on 17th June 2020
Nigel simpson
John Shields
Booked my car in for annual service and MOT, and did appreciate the collection and delivery service, however once they had the car they stated it failed MOT and needed over £500 worth of repairs to callipers and brake discs, to get through and pass. This is not the first issue i have had with Colin Appleyards (Bradford), so i had the car returned to me and i took to my local trusted mechanics that i have used for many years. They confirmed work was not needed and put it through the MOT without any work needing to be done and it passed MOT with no issues. Colin Appleyards over priced, and trying to have work done that is not necessary, i will not be using them again, despite lifetime MOT offer- it's a con to draw you in!
Disgusted with Colin Appleyard. I put a complaint in On 28 August about my experience at Bradford branch When I took my car in for a rattling exhaust and £680 later came out with a new clutch and a rattling exhaust!!! I took it back on August 11 and was fobbed off with the promise to price up a new exhaust and get back to me( didn’t happen).Also I pointed out a bolt on the gearbox which didn’t look right, was told it was ok.
At MOT today, was told there was a loose bolt on gearbox after I had driven to Norfolk and back from Bradford.
No acknowledgement from Colin Appleyard of complaint at all!!
After 7 years of dealing with them I will NEVER trust them again.
Feel like family? If they were my family I would disown them
Hi Linda, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - your feedback is important & allows us to ensure a continual improvement in the services we provide. We are obviously sorry to hear of the incident which has occurred and would like to apologise in the first instance for the breakdown in communication, we clearly fell short of our usual high standard and if given the chance would like to change this. Jason has confirmed that he has spoken with you to explain the breakdown of costs and also given to you a much clearer explanation. Apologies once again Linda that the service you received from us has not been to the level we endeavour to provide.
Quite simply I had a v bad experience with 5his firm regarding p/x...all my emails of complaint went unanswered ...so consequently
I would never go 5here again
I give you one star because the car bought new has proved to be ok...
Hi Nigel, We're sorry to read your negative review. With any complaints we receive we always look into them fully to ensure we're able to address those concerns. Upon looking into this, we are unable to locate any records of the complaints that you have raised. If you feel this is an error on our behalf please fill in the form located at the following link and we will ensure your comments are investigated - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Feeling very disappointed with the customer service and attitude experienced by my husband and his cousin at the Ashton branch of Colin Appleyard today. They walked away feeling like they had been the subject of indirect racism by the finance manager. They were told they couldn't have the car before they even sat at a chair to do the credit check. Which our cousin would have passed with flying colours I hasten to add. Rest assured that this will not end here. An official complaint will be made and I want heads to roll. I won't stop until somebody apologises for how they made two young ethnic minority males feel as they walked away today.
Hi Toria. We're sorry to read that you feel very disappointed with our Ashton-under-Lyne branch and as with any complaint we receive, we always look into them fully to understand and address the issues raised.

When it comes to financing our vehicles for customers we have strict FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) guidelines we must follow. In the instance involving your husband and his cousin, the arrangement they wished to make with regards to finance would break FCA rules and had we consented we would be liable for breaking UK law. This was explained to your husband and cousin at the time which is why we were unfortunately unable to proceed with the vehicle purchase.

The decision made by our finance manager to refuse finance was not racially motivated and we strongly refute any such claims. It was made to ensure we adhered to FCA rules.
Customer Service - Fairing fell off the bike after two rides, told to fix myself because the damage was caused by me???
Price - Paid a lot (6K) no price reduction for a bike that was 'immaculate' upon arrival it had damage.
Basically don't trust this businesses word as it is not a real mans word. Seek another dealership, buying a bike should be a pleasure not stressful. This business makes you seek private sales to avoid the all talk no backbone status. Warranty was guaranteed but never used due not being an engine part. Terrible attitude from Kevin Peeny thanks for the sale now you're on your own at your own expense to fix a bike.
Hi Mr Thomas,

We're sorry to read that you were unhappy with an issue you had with your bike after purchasing it from us. As with any complaint we receive, we always look into it fully to ensure we understand the issues you've raised.

The fairing you refer to is a seat panel which we’re happy was securely attached when you collected the bike. It wasn't removed from the bike but checked during its pre-collection inspection. The bike had also had two prior test rides.

We appreciate that it is very frustrating for something like this to happen only 2 weeks and a number of miles after collecting the bike from us, but it is unfortunately not something which can be covered under warranty for the reasons above.

Customer service is our top priority and we always correct any errors we may make with a customer’s purchase, but in this instance the vehicle left our showroom fully prepped - so we apologise that we couldn't compensate you on this occasion.
A car with components that are not fit for purpose.

So I got a lovely new juke in 2017 and I still love it despite the headache that's come along with it.

At 2900 miles when I'd had the car 6 months it went in for timing chain replacement, repaired under warranty. All fine customer service can be sketchy at times a bit abrupt but on the whole nothing to cry about.

History repeats itself, my lovely juke has now done 12,000 miles and is 3 years old and guess what, the timing chain has just been replaced again. Luckily warranty job again.

I wonder how many miles now I'm going to get away with before it happens again, only now it's no longer under warranty anymore so if trend follows a nice big bill at the end of it.

What's the most annoying thing is nissan know about these crappy timing chains and have even recalled some models, so why is it still happening? It gives me very little confidence in the car and it's not as if I drive miles a car that's 3 yrs old that's done 12000 miles is bloody good going !!!!
Hi Emily,

We're sorry to hear that you have had problems with your Nissan Juke.

I have spoken with the service team at our Nissan Dealership and they have informed me that they are confident that the repairs carried out on your vehicle this time have fully resolved the concern.

Unfortunately on some occasions manufacturers have issues with certain components not meeting the rigorous standards expected. With the particular fault you have experienced with your vehicle, the parts that are now being supplied to rectify the concern have been modified to prevent the issue from happening again.

Thank you for using Colin Appleyard and I do hope that you can now enjoy trouble free motoring with your Nissan Juke.
To whom may concern
I booked service and change and tires with Nissan colin appleyard in keighley, service was good but change tires wasn’t good ,
I’ve been seen a few cars been washed from outside but my car not washed
My concern is not with customer service it’s with the service department
Hi Mr Ba-Fadel,

We take all complaints seriously and as such have investigated the points you have raised. I am told that everything relating to your tyres was resolved at our cost several weeks ago by replacing all 4 rim protectors - we apologise that there was an issue when the tyres were initially fit, but we worked quickly with you to ensure this was rectified and hopefully you've had no additional issues since.

It is true that unfortunately we haven't been able to wash service vehicles during the current Covid-19 pandemic. We hope you can understand that this is for the safety of our customers and staff to avoid any transferences on touch surfaces. If you wish to discuss any of this further, you can contact us via enquiries@colinappleyard.com.
the lady who contacted me about my service was rude and vague, at your service centre i did not feel very welcome at all, and the service was really expensive
Hi Mr Shaw, Thank you for leaving your feedback. We’re disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service you recently received from Colin Appleyard. As with any complaint, we take them seriously and have looked into this further to address the points you made. We’re surprised to read you found our service personnel rude and vague, as this is certainly not the attitude we expect from our staff who have been working very hard the last 6 weeks to catch up with overdue appointments. You mentioned that you felt the service was expensive, however you were given a discount on the standard price for a second year (major) service, so we’re sorry to hear you felt you were overcharged. You’re welcome to contact us again if you wish to discuss this further by sending an email to enquiries@colinappleyard.com.
Found a car on CarGurus and contacted the Colin Appleyard, Keighley through that website. Did not receive a call back. Called at the dealership later that day to be told that the car had been sold 3 days later and that CarGurus does not get their information directly from the dealership. When I mentioned that the car was still on their own website, was told this was just an oversight. The car is still on the website 3 days later. Very disappointed!
poor customer service and rude staff
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - We are obviously sorry to see that you were only able to provide us with a 1 star review and would certainly like to look into this for you. If you are able to fill in the form located at the following link we will ensure your comments are investigated - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Wasn’t very helpful came down in the October , never had a phone call back until this week how ridiculous!! Said he was looking all this time for a car !! 5 months !! Won’t be coming bk again ! Bought a car other week so you have lost out on a SALE !!
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - your feedback is important & allows us to ensure a continual improvement in the services we provide. We are obviously sorry to hear that there has been a clear breakdown in communication and would like to apologise for this. From the information provided we are unable to identify which of our dealerships your comments relate to. If you are able to fill in the form located at the following link we will certainly look into this - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Scruffy person chucked his crisp packet out of the car window onto the street in Huddersfield on 21/2/2020 At 1:50
Says a lot about their attitude what a vile person. How ignorant!!!
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We hope you can please accept our apologies in the first instance. As our company vehicles are very rarely used by staff during the day due to been lent out to service customers we are unable to identify the said person as a member of our staff. If you are able to provide us with any more information we will ensure your comments are investigated and take any appropriate action as we can assure you that this is something we certainly would not tolerate. You can contact us at https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
Just driven to Nissan Keighley from the other side of Bradford to look at aVolkawagen Tiguan we've seen online. We are very interested in this particular car and were really excited to look at it today. We went inside and were approached by a young sales advisor We explained we were interested in the car and he took us outside with the keys to have a look. We then stood in the rain whilst we all looked at the car. The salesman didn't say a word! No questions, no information about the car, nothing! We then said well we'll just go then thanks and he replied Ok and started walking back inside. We are cash buyers and very interested in this car and would most likely have bought today. We have left feeling very deflated due to this complete lack of people skills.
Hi Ellyn, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is important and allows us to ensure a continual improvement in the services we provide. We're sorry to hear you weren’t looked after properly when you visited us and can only apologise that this happened. The salesmen you spoke to hasn’t been with us long and at the moment he has been asked to ‘shadow’ the other sales executives as his knowledge is not where it needs to be yet, this obviously didn’t happen. The vehicle is still available and Andrew our Group Car Sales Manager has tried to contact you to see if we can have the opportunity to rectify the situation for you. Andrew can be contacted on 01535 691330 or emailed directly a.ogle@colinappleyard.com
Once again apologies that on this occasion we fell short of our usual high standard and thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Went in with a fault, came out with the same fault. they had to order parts to fix another known fault, and that one was known about for over a week. Time for a change of Dealership methinks , lost all faith in Ashton branch.
Hi Eric, We are sorry to see that you have left us a 1 star review and would certainly like to look into this for you. Apologies, but we are unable to find your details on our system. If you are able to fill in the form located at the following link we will ensure your comments are investigated - https://www.colinappleyard.com/company/feedback
I felt that we were being laughed at for not knowing that a black, automatic jimny was not available, a customer came in who already had one and the salesman told him we would buy it off him. This would have been my eigth suzuki car but not with Colin Appleyard
Hi Mark, Please accept our apologies for the way you felt you were dealt with when visiting our Huddersfield dealership. We pride ourselves on the levels of customer service we provide and your comments have been taken on board & raised with the Manager of the dealership, who in turn I believe has spoken with you. Once again please accept our apologies and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Not happy.!..nearside front wheel of Corsa has scuffed alloy
Hi Robert. Following your comments we believe you have been in contact with our sales team to discuss the issue further. All of our used vehicles go through a comprehensive preparation and checking process prior to collection and as has been explained, none of the departments involved in this process made any note of damage to the wheel at any point. Had damage been noted, or picked up by you on your initial viewing of the vehicle, it would have been rectified prior to you collecting. If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from us regarding this matter, you can email details of your complaint to enquiries@colinappleyard.com.
Garage unable to diagnose problem with car not running, despite the fact this is a Suzuki Main Dealer and after 3 weeks in repair shop. Finally cause said to be contaminated fuel and a new pump assembly fitted. Issue of contaminated fuel taken up where fuel purchased (only one station ever used which has an attendant who puts in fuel). Where do we go from here?
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we are obviously sorry to see that you were only able to provide us with a 1 star review on this occasion. Having discussed your comments with our Bradford dealership, we are told that the reason for the delay was explained to you at the time & was due to the injectors having to be sent away along with the testing of various items to establish the cause of the fault. We believe that you were offered the use of a courtesy vehicle during this time to keep you on the road.
With regards to your comment about contaminated fuel, this is not something we can take any responsibility for. The responsibility lies with the owner or person putting in the fuel into the vehicle. Our Bradford dealership have provided you with a sample of the fuel so you can take the matter up with this person and / or the filling station you used should you wish.
Again we are sorry you feel disappointed by your recent dealings with us. If we can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact us.
Used the MOT Service.

deception used to charge and replace tyres which were not required. A tyre check the previous day found the types to be in legal condition. Wheel hub caps not returned to proper position. Brakes, which were fine before MOT, are now squeaking loudly. Will be taking further action.
After dealing with Keighly branch I would strongly reccomend AVOIDING Colin Appleyard. The manager is undeniably rude and has no respect for his customers.
A deposit was placed on a nissan note under agreement with staff that the car would be moved to a closer neighbouring franchise to be test driven before completing purchase. After over a week, a call from the manager was received stating they want insurance and tax taken out for them to move the car as the purchase had already been made. When expressed that the purchase was not yet complete and the car needs to be test driven first as agreed with the staff, the manager abruptly stated the staff wouldn't of said that and refused to send the car for a test drive before the purchase was complete.

The Manager wanted to complete the purchase before test drive and when it was expressed a test drive was needed, the manager refused to sell the vehicle full stop.

Absolutely appalling and shady customer service!!

Previous Toyota, Honda and Skoda experience has always been fantastic.
But Nissan! Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
Or at the VERY least, avoid dealing with this branch.
Crap garage paid 150 for a lot work done. Bike came back with knackerd lead. Rang garage refused to replace it but send me one to do. AVOIDDDDDDD
We have looked into the complaint you have raised (both her & via Facebook) and we are satisfied we have carried out all the work correctly and have done so in a professional manner.

The AJS scooter that was brought to us for repair left in full working order. The issues that you highlighted were snapped leads; one to the main battery terminal along with the charging lead. We resolved both these issues and delivered the bike back to you with all work completed and tested.

You contacted us again several days later complaining of the same issue occurring with the charging lead. It had snapped again. This suggested to us that you were most likely at fault due to an almost identical problem occuring to that which we had recently rectified. That being said we did offer, as a gesture of goodwill to send you a replacement lead to fit to the battery yourself.

After this you were uncontactable via telephone. We have records of all work undertaken including outcomes and tests to ensure everything was completed to our strict standards. If you feel you have not received a service that satisfactory then please do, as already requested on 2 occasions, email full details of your complaint to c.bond@colinappleyard.com to be dealt with via our official process.
Colin Appleyard LTD is rated 4.65 based on 1,360 reviews