CLS Money - Mortgage Brokers Reviews

Read CLS Money - Mortgage Brokers Reviews

info@clsmoney.com

6-7, Claydons Lane, Rayleigh

Tell us how CLS Money - Mortgage Brokers made you happy
The initial contact from them is great until they review your credit file and then choose to completely ignore your calls and emails, despite sending numerous requests for an update on a re mortgage Ellis has completely ignored my calls surely she can’t always be on a call when I ring and doesn’t even have the courtesy to reply to my emails! they only want to deal with you if you are credit worthy so they can get paid thier extortionate fees, if they can’t help just be upfront and honest and say you can’t DONT KEEP ME HANGING ON! My advice DONT WASTE YOUR TIME with them if you have bad credit , there are many more decent brokers who are gueniune and are serious about helping you give them a try instead.
Unfortunately we’ve not had a good experience with CLS. We were promised the mortgage would be accepted within 6 days and it’s now been 9 weeks and we are still waiting. We have been told there is a backlog of applications and it can’t be escalated as they won’t deal with it. We are constantly being harassed by the people we are buying from and concerned they may now pull out of the sale. We were hoping to get this all sorted by the time the stamp duty holiday ends however they now can’t assure this will be the case. Unfortunately we won’t be able to afford the extra money if we do have to pay stamp duty. They ask for so much information then you have to wait for 8 days for a response then they ask for more and more and it feels like you are just going round in circles. We will be paying a lot in broker fees and yet I don’t feel we’ve had a good enough service. We don’t seem to matter and we just get told there is nothing they can do we just have to wait. It’s been a stressful 9 weeks and until we sign on the dotted line I won’t be able to relax.
I was interested after reading the reviews to get mortgage advice. I asked to only be contacted via email, for as I wanted things written down to discuss and read over. A request which I felt was very simple reasonable Instead I’ve had no emails, and 3-4 calls per day. Will definitely be looking elsewhere.
I must say I wasn’t impressed at all with the customer service or the level of professionalism/knowledge of the job. On the customer service side, there was a lot to be desired. I was constantly chasing emails up for an answer, sometimes it would take over 4 days to get a response. Eventually, I had to call the main office and speak to a member of the client relationship team. She was more helpful and did get our mortgage adviser to reply a bit quicker but by that time we were already annoyed. On the amount of money we could borrow for our mortgage this was a complete joke. I think the girl had just plucked some random figures out of the air. We were advised that we could get a mortgage of £345k which was good and worked with our budget. Then suddenly after about 2 weeks (mainly with me chasing and not getting any reply) we were told that we cant now have a mortgage for that amount and it was dropped by 67k to 278k. We said that this is ridiculous and we would need a minimum of 290k. we were then told that this was impossible and there isn’t a ‘’lender out there that will offer 290k’’. Funny that we have now had a mortgage offer confirmed and agreed with HSBC for 290k when we used another broker, guess he has a magic wand and found someone out there. Personally I think that as we weren’t a typical application, this adviser at CLS didn’t really want the bother of trying to find us another lender which was also backed up by the fact that she never even tried to contact us again to see if we were interested in the offer or if she could be of any further help. Maybe we were just unlucky and there probably are some very good members of this company who do really try. But it shouldn’t be a lottery with who you get. Another point I am concerned that some of the reviews on this website are fake as they contain very similar posts and are using almost identical usernames and of course they're all 5 stars. See the example below.
We contacted CLS last February and I have to say it was one of the worst experiences ever it was so stressful I’m surprised me and my husband are still married! We were told we could borrow a much higher amount than it ended up we could! We sent documents again and again no one wanted to take our calls and all they ever said was it’s been escalated to the BDM If you can avoid I would! 1 year later we are now in our new home with a Mortgage through Natwest that was a totally stress free experience!
CLS Money has an excellent website and outward service offer along with several great reviews on this site. However, I was left underwhelmed by a Senior Mortgage Adviser who despite saying how flexible they were, was not able to correspond promptly and effectively over email or confirm times for any phone calls despite offers of several days and times on my part. We made no progress at all for at least a month sadly, and I stopped using their services.
It’s funny all reviews written are from people who work at cls.
Complete Fraud and waste of time.
CLS Money - Mortgage Brokers is rated 4.93 based on 1,707 reviews